RM Sotheby's Gathers Seven Decades Of Ferrari's Finest For Maranello Sale By: Ferrari
• RM Sotheby's announces latest highlights in growing list for its 9 September sale in partnership with Ferrari
• Ferrari – Leggenda e Passione to feature more than 35 of the legendary marque's most significant road and racing cars
• Recent entries include a seldom-seen 1959 250 GT LWB California Spider, and a time-capsule 729 km 1985 288 GTO
• Updated list of entries for the sale available at www.rmsothebys.com
BLENHEIM, ONTARIO (11 August, 2017)
– RM Sotheby's is thrilled to announce an incredible lineup of recent entries for its single-marque Ferrari – Leggenda e Passione sale, set for 9 September in partnership with Ferrari. Held at the legendary marque's factory in Maranello, the auction celebrates Ferrari's 70th anniversary year with automotive milestones across seven decades.
Highlights among recent entries for the exclusive event are led by a genuine, numbers-matching 1959 Ferrari 250 GT LWB California Spider by Scaglietti, chassis no. 1503 GT. One of the most desirable examples of the ultimate open Ferrari of its era, 1503 GT is offered from nearly two decades of single ownership, having seldom been shown over this time. Sporting a beautifully maintained restoration and with fascinating history, it is ready for enjoyment on the show field or the vintage rally circuit (Est. €7,500,000 - €9,500,000).
Nearly 30 years down the road in Ferrari's rich heritage, we saw the first in its unparalleled series of supercars, the 288 GTO. The 1985 Ferrari 288 GTO on offer at Maranello, chassis no. 57709, is arguably one of the finest and best preserved examples in existence. The 255th of just 272 ever built, the 288 GTO is virtually as-new throughout, having been purchased by its current owner in 1993 and stored ever since. Discovered earlier this year, the car has been carefully reconditioned and is beautifully preserved inside and out. Having covered a mere 729 km, finding another example like this is simply unrepeatable, making the car's offering in September an opportunity not to be missed (Est. €3,250,000 - €4,000,000).
Additional featured highlights from across the decades include:
Trending NewsHyundai Marks The 3-Millionth Elantra Sold In America By Honoring A Local Hero In HoustonMilwaukee Students Meet Asimo After Wining Honda Robotics ContestEdwards And Tomczyk Race The No. 24 BMW M6 To A Thrilling Victory At Laguna SecaSir David Adjaye Elite Panel Of Judges For Lexus Design Award 2018; Submissions Remain Open Through October 8Cadillac Embarks On Its First-Ever Hands-Free Drive With Super Cruise
• 1950 Ferrari 195 Inter Coupé, chassis no. 0081 S (Est. €1,100,000 - €1,500,000);
• 1953 Ferrari 250 Europa Coupé, chassis no. 0313 EU (Est. €2,800,000 - €3,400,000);
• 1955 Ferrari 750 Monza, chassis no. 0534 M (Est. €3,400,000 - €3,800,000);
• 1955 Ferrari 500 Superfast Series II, chassis no. 8897 SF (Est. €1,600,000 - €2,300,000);
• 1958 Ferrari 250 GT Cabriolet Series I, chassis no. 0791 GT (Est. €4,900,000 - €5,700,000).
The Sixties and Seventies
• 1960 Ferrari 250 GT Cabriolet Series II, chassis no. 1779 GT (Est. €1,350,000 - €1,650,000);
• 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB Alloy, chassis no. 08111 (Est. €2,400,000 - €2,800,000);
• 1967 Ferrari 330 GTS, chassis no. 09481 (Est. €1,800,000 - €2,200,000);
• 1973 Ferrari Dino 246 GTS, chassis no. 07214 (Est. €375,000 - €450,000).
The Eighties, Nineties, and Today
• 1989 Ferrari F40, chassis no. 83572 (Est. €950,000 - €1,100,000);
• 1994 Ferrari 348 GT/C LM, chassis no. 97553 (Est. €390,000 - €450,000);
• 1994 Ferrari 333 SP, chassis no. 006 (Est. €2,800,000 - €3,300,000);
• 2004 Ferrari Enzo, chassis no. 136733 (Est. €1,800,000 - €2,000,000);
• 2012 Ferrari 599 GTO, chassis no. 174698 (Est. €425,000 - €500,000).
The 288 GTO will be on early preview at Ferrari's Casa Ferrari display next week during the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. Follow RM Sotheby's on Instagram @rmsothebys for more details.
For further information on the Ferrari sale and to view all entries, please visit www.rmsothebys.com, or call +1 519 352 4575 (North America) or +44 (0) 20 7851 7070 (Europe). The digital catalogue will be available in the coming weeks.
FOR MORE NEWS FROM RM SOTHEBY'S: #RMFERRARI
About RM Sotheby's
RM Sotheby's (formerly RM Auctions) is the world's largest auction house for investment-quality automobiles. With more than 35 years' experience in the collector car industry, RM's vertically integrated range of services, from private treaty sales and auctions to estate planning, and financial services, coupled with an expert team of car specialists and an international footprint, provide an unsurpassed level of service to the global collector car market. In February 2015, RM formed a strategic partnership with Sotheby's, uniting the two companies for the full calendar of future automobile auctions. For further information, visit www.rmsothebys.com.