THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY
• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.comAUBURN, Indiana (Feb. 26, 2014
)– As the Fort Lauderdale sale nears (March 14-16), Auctions America is thrilled to announce the addition of a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird to its growing line up of consignments. Made legendary because of its racing heritage, the desirable muscle car joins nearly 500 collector cars set for the auction block in Florida, including the previously announced 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra and 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition with a mere 81 miles.
'The sale has developed a reputation as South Florida's premier collector car auction and we're more excited than ever going into our twelfth year in Fort Lauderdale,' said Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America. 'The quality of our consignments increases every year and our dedicated team of specialists has ensured that Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event is the perfect place for buyers to find their next car – from highly original, low mileage examples to concours-level restorations and more.'
Built as Chrysler's only hope of beating Ford on the superspeedways, the Plymouth Superbird was designed to reduce aerodynamic drag and the sloped nose and enormous rear wing are now a stock car racing icon. This particular 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird is one of only 135 built with the desirable 426-cid, 425-horsepower Hemi V8 engine. Presented in Blue Fire Metallic with a bucket seat interior displayed in Black and Charcoal, additional features include a black vinyl roof, tinted windshield, tachometer, AM radio, performance axle package, wood grain console, power steering and front discs brakes.Additional highlight vehicle consignments include:
• a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible documented as being a 'one of one' factory-built example displayed in the elegant color combination of Kensington Green with a white convertible top and interior. Along with the rare bucket seat option, standard Eldorado equipment includes a heater, fog lamps, air-assisted suspension, radio with a rear speaker, power windows, a six-way power front seat, power door locks and whitewall tires;
• one of a mere 29 produced and one of only 10 known survivors, this 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan features a superb restoration finished in a cream-colored body with beige belt moldings. A Best in Class winner at Pebble Beach, this example is correct in virtually all respects and includes dual sidemounts and an original, unrestored rear-mounted trunk.
Previously announced highlights include:
• the 23rd production example 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra, with an upgraded 289-cid V8 engine fitted with the correct components. Featuring one owner from 1971 to 2011, the Cobra has recently received a fresh restoration and is in fantastic running and driving order;
• a stylish 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona originally delivered new to Italy and fitted with factory air conditioning. Featuring a well-maintained restoration and a recent full mechanical service, the Daytona is the ideal ride for high speed grand touring, just as it was when new;
• a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, one of only 343 produced, featuring a Heritage Blue paintjob with Epic Orange stripes and a mere 81 original miles. The car is also equipped with all four available options—LeMans style body stripes, McIntosh CD stereo system, lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheels and color-matched Brembo brake calipers.
Especially fitting for an auction in Southern Florida is a bevy of woodies. Leading the group is a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible, one of only approximately 400 convertible New Yorkers built, featuring an elegant wood-and-metal-body with a 323.5-cid, 135-horsepower engine. A recently restored 1947 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible and a professionally restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Station Wagon finished in Fog Green round out the Chrysler woodie offerings. Also crossing the block is a 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Sportsman Convertible in correct Dynamic Maroon with Golden Tan leather upholstery and a tan canvas power top. This example was recognized in 2012 by the Early Ford V-8 Club, receiving the Dearborn Award for Restoration. A 1940 Ford Deluxe Station Wagon with original wood and paint and a rare third seat and a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon complete the Ford woodie offerings.Event Details
– Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction
Sale dates: March 14-16, 2013
Preview dates: March 13-16, 2013
Location: Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Admission: $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for a weekend pass. Children 12 years of age and under will gain free admission. Please note, the Broward County Convention Center lies within the confines of Port Everglades. Due to new Federal security requirements, you must show your government issued picture identification (Passport or Driver's License) at all security checkpoints to gain access to the Convention Center.
| Recent Articles|
|Bonhams Announce Exceptional Motor Car Auction For Historic Single-Owner SaleBonhams is delighted to announce the single-owner sale, the Frederiksen Collection. Based in Denmark, the collection consists of 48 rare and iconic motor cars, all offered at an auction taking place at the home of owner, Danish gentleman, Mr. Henrik Frederiksen.|
The sale features predominantly pre-war motor cars, built by some of the worlds most exclusive manufacturers, including Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Mercedes-Benz, Lagonda and Maybach.
'Mr. Frederiksen has spent several decades building t....
|Premier Collector Car Auction Comes to South Carolina• Auctions America signs on as the official auction house of the 2015 Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d'Elegance |
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, South Carolina (June 30, 2015) – Auctions America today announced the newest addition to its 2015 schedule of events, a collector car auction on Hilton Head Island as part of the Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d'Elegance. The sale, featuring approximately 100 investment-grade vehicles, will be held on Saturday, Oct....
|DODGE VIPER POWERS INTO 2016 WITH NEW ACR MODEL, EXPANDED CUSTOM OPTIONS AND INDUSTRY-EXCLUSIVE COLORS◾New 2016 Dodge Viper ACR (American Club Racer) model returns; fastest street legal Viper track car ever|
◾New matte-finish exterior color options double the Viper's custom '1 of 1' exterior paint options to 16,000 colors and more than 50 million unique build configurations for the ultimate in model year exclusivity
◾Now more than 48,000 unique stripe combinations across the lineup, for a truly one-of-a-kind, hand-built American supercar
◾New high-impact, show-car quality exterior color – Stry....
|ASTON MARTIN VULCAN LIGHTS UP GOODWOOD◾Global dynamic debut for limited edition, track-only, 7.0-litre V12 supercar|
◾Motorsport-derived technology delivers extreme on-track performance
◾Demonstration runs up Goodwood Hill thrill Festival of Speed crowds
26 June 2015, Goodwood: Months of anticipation for Aston Martin enthusiasts around the world are, today, brought to a close with the exciting global dynamic debut of the Aston Martin Vulcan – a track-only supercar and the British luxury brand's most intense and exhilarati....
|NEW CHEVROLET CAMARO TESTED AND TUNED ON EIGHT TRACKS, AND THE AUTOBAHNAll-new Camaro makes European debut at Goodwood Festival of Speed|
GOODWOOD, UK – To celebrate its return to the Goodwood Festival of Speed, Chevrolet has shipped a surprise across the Atlantic for its European debut – the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro. The sixth-generation Chevrolet Camaro revealed today was tested and tuned on more than eight tracks around the world as well as on the Autobahn, and offers higher levels of performance, technology and refinement.
Camaro, which goes on ....
|SUPER TROFEO NORTH AMERICAN COMPETITION TO HEAT UP AT WATKINS GLENSANT'AGATA BOLOGNESE, Italy (June 23, 2015) - The Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo North America series is taking the raging bull to the Northeast for the next two rounds of racing June 25-27 at historic Watkins Glen International with another large grid of 22 cars.|
The North American series, in its third season, will compete at the iconic circuit in the scenic Finger Lakes region of upstate New York for the second time. It's the first time at The Glen for the new Lamborghini Huracán....
|Historic Race Winning Ferrari 250 GT Competizione To Star At Bonhams Quail Lodge AuctionOffered from a prominent American collection, this remarkable Competition Ferrari – chassis 1519 GT – is an ultimate example from what many consider the golden age of Ferrari. With immense power, styling and pedigree, this race proven V-12 stallion is one of the legendary seven 'interim' cars and boasts matching numbers engine and original alloy body, a superb restoration to its original Swiss racing livery by marque specialists, and is Ferrari Classiche certified.|
A participant at prestigiou....
|NEW SIGNATURE FOR BENTLEY FROM VERTU•Second handset is released in the five-year partnership between Bentley and Vertu|
•Luxury mobile is a collectable luxury icon coveted by global buyers
•Signature phone combines materials and finishes inspired by the pinnacle Mulsanne Speed
(Crewe, 25 June 2015) The second mobile handset developed by Vertu for Bentley is making its debut at this year's Goodwood Festival of Speed.
Part of the five-year partnership between Bentley and Vertu, the world's leading manufacturer of luxur....
|2016 BMW 7-Series|
|2016 Buick Regal|
|2016 Cadillac ATS-V|
|2016 Cadillac CTS-V|
|2016 Cadillac ELR|
|2016 Cadillac XTS|
|2016 Chevrolet Camaro|
|2016 Chevrolet Corvette|
|2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z06|
|2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition|