THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY
• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.comAUBURN, Indiana (Feb. 26, 2014
)– As the Fort Lauderdale sale nears (March 14-16), Auctions America is thrilled to announce the addition of a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird to its growing line up of consignments. Made legendary because of its racing heritage, the desirable muscle car joins nearly 500 collector cars set for the auction block in Florida, including the previously announced 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra and 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition with a mere 81 miles.
'The sale has developed a reputation as South Florida's premier collector car auction and we're more excited than ever going into our twelfth year in Fort Lauderdale,' said Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America. 'The quality of our consignments increases every year and our dedicated team of specialists has ensured that Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event is the perfect place for buyers to find their next car – from highly original, low mileage examples to concours-level restorations and more.'
Built as Chrysler's only hope of beating Ford on the superspeedways, the Plymouth Superbird was designed to reduce aerodynamic drag and the sloped nose and enormous rear wing are now a stock car racing icon. This particular 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird is one of only 135 built with the desirable 426-cid, 425-horsepower Hemi V8 engine. Presented in Blue Fire Metallic with a bucket seat interior displayed in Black and Charcoal, additional features include a black vinyl roof, tinted windshield, tachometer, AM radio, performance axle package, wood grain console, power steering and front discs brakes.Additional highlight vehicle consignments include:
• a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible documented as being a 'one of one' factory-built example displayed in the elegant color combination of Kensington Green with a white convertible top and interior. Along with the rare bucket seat option, standard Eldorado equipment includes a heater, fog lamps, air-assisted suspension, radio with a rear speaker, power windows, a six-way power front seat, power door locks and whitewall tires;
• one of a mere 29 produced and one of only 10 known survivors, this 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan features a superb restoration finished in a cream-colored body with beige belt moldings. A Best in Class winner at Pebble Beach, this example is correct in virtually all respects and includes dual sidemounts and an original, unrestored rear-mounted trunk.
Previously announced highlights include:
• the 23rd production example 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra, with an upgraded 289-cid V8 engine fitted with the correct components. Featuring one owner from 1971 to 2011, the Cobra has recently received a fresh restoration and is in fantastic running and driving order;
• a stylish 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona originally delivered new to Italy and fitted with factory air conditioning. Featuring a well-maintained restoration and a recent full mechanical service, the Daytona is the ideal ride for high speed grand touring, just as it was when new;
• a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, one of only 343 produced, featuring a Heritage Blue paintjob with Epic Orange stripes and a mere 81 original miles. The car is also equipped with all four available options—LeMans style body stripes, McIntosh CD stereo system, lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheels and color-matched Brembo brake calipers.
Especially fitting for an auction in Southern Florida is a bevy of woodies. Leading the group is a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible, one of only approximately 400 convertible New Yorkers built, featuring an elegant wood-and-metal-body with a 323.5-cid, 135-horsepower engine. A recently restored 1947 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible and a professionally restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Station Wagon finished in Fog Green round out the Chrysler woodie offerings. Also crossing the block is a 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Sportsman Convertible in correct Dynamic Maroon with Golden Tan leather upholstery and a tan canvas power top. This example was recognized in 2012 by the Early Ford V-8 Club, receiving the Dearborn Award for Restoration. A 1940 Ford Deluxe Station Wagon with original wood and paint and a rare third seat and a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon complete the Ford woodie offerings.Event Details
– Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction
Sale dates: March 14-16, 2013
Preview dates: March 13-16, 2013
Location: Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Admission: $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for a weekend pass. Children 12 years of age and under will gain free admission. Please note, the Broward County Convention Center lies within the confines of Port Everglades. Due to new Federal security requirements, you must show your government issued picture identification (Passport or Driver's License) at all security checkpoints to gain access to the Convention Center.
| Recent Articles|
|2016 MAZDA MX-5 MIATA NAMED BEST SPORTS CAR FOR THE MONEY BY US NEWS & WORLD REPORTIRVINE, Calif. Feb. 9, 2016 -- The 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata has been named the 'Best Sports Car for the Money' by US News & World Report. Mazda's lightweight roadster was selected based on the media reviews it has received, as well as driving performance, interior features and comfort, reliability and safety ratings. |
Now, as has been the case for the past 27 years, MX-5 continues to thrill and delight those who drive it—casual enthusiasts, commuters and racecar drivers alike. Lighter, quic....
|Russo and Steele Collector Automobile Auctions Announces Market Leading Scottsdale 2016Scottsdale, Arizona (February 5th, 2016) – Following a spirited and high energy week as a major central component of Scottsdale, Arizona's world renowned classic car week events, Russo and Steele Collector Automobile Auctions earlier today announced incredible sales results with early totals reaching $20.7 Million on 723 lots offered with 520 hammering sold. This represents an impressive sell through rate of 72% helping the auction company's Scottsdale numbers grow double digit percentage....|
|HOW TO REFRESH NOW: WIN A LINCOLN LUXURY EXPERIENCE◾Win a luxury weekend getaway from Lincoln Automotive Financial Services|
◾Choose a Lincoln experience: Broadway theatre, Aspen skiing, Pebble Beach golfing, Los Angeles style makeover, Napa Valley spa retreat or Chicago destination dining
◾The trip for two includes airfare, luxury accommodations, use of a 2016 Lincoln MKX, more
DEARBORN, Mich., February 4, 2016 – It is midwinter, a time for people to refresh their spirits. Here is a good place to start: Enter to win a luxury experien....
|FIRST 2017 ACURA NSX SCORES RECORD AUCTION PRICE OF $1.2 MILLION AT BARRETT-JACKSON◾Final hammer price of $1.2 million sets record auction price for a designated VIN 001 vehicle|
◾All proceeds go to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation and Camp Southern Ground
Jan 29, 2016 - SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- At the auctioneer's final call, the next-generation 2017 Acura NSX supercar tonight smashed the record for a vehicle auction at Barrett-Jackson for the highest-selling designated vehicle identification number (VIN) 001 with the final hammer price set at $1.2 million. Winning....
|BREMBO-EQUIPPED TEAMS DOMINATE ROLEX 24 FIELDDETROIT, (Jan. 28, 2016) – Brembo, the world leader and acknowledged innovator of brake technology enters the 2016 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship as the preferred brake for 35 of the 54 cars entered in the 54th Rolex 24 At Daytona on January 30-31.|
The Rolex 24 At Daytona is the ultimate test of man and machine. A classic twice-around the clock endurance race takes a toll on every race car component. Brembo brakes are built to endure the combined road course and tri-oval of....
|MECUM KISSIMMEE 2016 AUCTION SALES CLOSING IN ON $93 MILLION• More than 3,000 Lots Sold throughout 10-day Auction; 30-Percent Sales Increase Over 2015|
WALWORTH, Wis. – Jan. 28, 2016 – The Mecum Kissimmee Auction, the world's largest classic and collector car auction, held Jan. 15-24, was a powerful force to be reckoned with claiming the title of highest-grossing sale ever hosted by Mecum. Overall sales totals topped $91 million and are quickly closing in on $93 million with post-auction sales. The 10-day auction totals constitute a ne....
|2016 Amgen Tour of California Route AnnouncementLOS ANGELES, Calif. (Jan. 28, 2016) – The 2016 Amgen Tour of California route was released today, revealing a scenic but challenging course across nearly 800 miles of California's most beautiful terrain where the world's most accomplished cyclists will compete for the overall title May 15-22, 2016. Presented by Visit California, the route announcement included a route video with details of each of the eight stages, viewable at www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/stages.|
For only the second ....
|MINI USA MAKES ITS FIRST APPEARANCE AT BARRETT-JACKSON COLLECTOR CAR AUCTIONSWoodcliff Lake, NJ – January 27, 2016… MINI makes its first appearance at the 2016 Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auctions in Scottsdale, AZ. The MINI display features the full range of current MINI products including newest products from the brand's line-up - the all-new MINI Clubman and the all-new MINI Convertible. In the spirit of the proceedings, a vintage MINI Clubman from the 1960s will also be a highlight.|
The display includes the MINI lounge where auction attendees can take a b....
|2017 Acura NSX|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio|
|2017 Kia Sportage|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz AMG SLC43|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz SLC|
|2016 Alfa Romeo 4C|
|2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider|
|2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S Monster by Mulliner|
|2016 BMW 7-Series|
|2016 BMW i Vision Future Interaction Concept|