THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY
• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.comAUBURN, Indiana (Feb. 26, 2014
)– As the Fort Lauderdale sale nears (March 14-16), Auctions America is thrilled to announce the addition of a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird to its growing line up of consignments. Made legendary because of its racing heritage, the desirable muscle car joins nearly 500 collector cars set for the auction block in Florida, including the previously announced 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra and 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition with a mere 81 miles.
'The sale has developed a reputation as South Florida's premier collector car auction and we're more excited than ever going into our twelfth year in Fort Lauderdale,' said Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America. 'The quality of our consignments increases every year and our dedicated team of specialists has ensured that Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event is the perfect place for buyers to find their next car – from highly original, low mileage examples to concours-level restorations and more.'
Built as Chrysler's only hope of beating Ford on the superspeedways, the Plymouth Superbird was designed to reduce aerodynamic drag and the sloped nose and enormous rear wing are now a stock car racing icon. This particular 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird is one of only 135 built with the desirable 426-cid, 425-horsepower Hemi V8 engine. Presented in Blue Fire Metallic with a bucket seat interior displayed in Black and Charcoal, additional features include a black vinyl roof, tinted windshield, tachometer, AM radio, performance axle package, wood grain console, power steering and front discs brakes.Additional highlight vehicle consignments include:
• a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible documented as being a 'one of one' factory-built example displayed in the elegant color combination of Kensington Green with a white convertible top and interior. Along with the rare bucket seat option, standard Eldorado equipment includes a heater, fog lamps, air-assisted suspension, radio with a rear speaker, power windows, a six-way power front seat, power door locks and whitewall tires;
• one of a mere 29 produced and one of only 10 known survivors, this 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan features a superb restoration finished in a cream-colored body with beige belt moldings. A Best in Class winner at Pebble Beach, this example is correct in virtually all respects and includes dual sidemounts and an original, unrestored rear-mounted trunk.
Previously announced highlights include:
• the 23rd production example 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra, with an upgraded 289-cid V8 engine fitted with the correct components. Featuring one owner from 1971 to 2011, the Cobra has recently received a fresh restoration and is in fantastic running and driving order;
• a stylish 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona originally delivered new to Italy and fitted with factory air conditioning. Featuring a well-maintained restoration and a recent full mechanical service, the Daytona is the ideal ride for high speed grand touring, just as it was when new;
• a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, one of only 343 produced, featuring a Heritage Blue paintjob with Epic Orange stripes and a mere 81 original miles. The car is also equipped with all four available options—LeMans style body stripes, McIntosh CD stereo system, lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheels and color-matched Brembo brake calipers.
Especially fitting for an auction in Southern Florida is a bevy of woodies. Leading the group is a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible, one of only approximately 400 convertible New Yorkers built, featuring an elegant wood-and-metal-body with a 323.5-cid, 135-horsepower engine. A recently restored 1947 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible and a professionally restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Station Wagon finished in Fog Green round out the Chrysler woodie offerings. Also crossing the block is a 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Sportsman Convertible in correct Dynamic Maroon with Golden Tan leather upholstery and a tan canvas power top. This example was recognized in 2012 by the Early Ford V-8 Club, receiving the Dearborn Award for Restoration. A 1940 Ford Deluxe Station Wagon with original wood and paint and a rare third seat and a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon complete the Ford woodie offerings.Event Details
– Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction
Sale dates: March 14-16, 2013
Preview dates: March 13-16, 2013
Location: Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Admission: $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for a weekend pass. Children 12 years of age and under will gain free admission. Please note, the Broward County Convention Center lies within the confines of Port Everglades. Due to new Federal security requirements, you must show your government issued picture identification (Passport or Driver's License) at all security checkpoints to gain access to the Convention Center.
| Recent Articles|
|MECUM'S FIRST COLLECTOR CAR AUCTION IN PORTLAND BRINGS MORE THAN $9.3 MILLION• Excellent Crowds Over Father's Day Weekend Leads to Strong Auction Results|
WALWORTH, Wis. – June 23, 2016 – With 300 vehicles hammered sold on the auction block in just two days, Mecum's inaugural Portland auction at the Portland Expo Center was a pronounced success. Held this past weekend, June 17 and June 18, the auction attracted vehicles from 17 states across the country and attendees from even more with total sales reaching more than $9.3 million.
The city was elec....
|JD CLASSICS SPONSORS LE MANS CLASSIC 2016◾JD Classics announces official sponsorship of Le Mans Classic 2016 – one of the most celebrated events on the historic racing calendar|
◾The team will be entering six cars, including the ex-Fangio Jaguar C-Type, which is looking for its 25th award in just 28 races
◾Taking place from 8-10 July, the event features previous 24 Hours of Le Mans-winning cars from 1923 all the way to 1979
Maldon, Essex, Monday 20th June: JD Classics – one of the world's leading classic car restoration and ....
|UK PRICING AND SPECIFICATIONS FOR FIAT PROFESSIONAL'S NEW FULLBACK ANNOUNCED◾UK pricing and specification of the new FIAT Professional Fullback announced at the international media launch in Turin|
◾FIAT Professional's brand new 'Work Hero' is designed to meet the professional and lifestyle needs of its hard-working owners
◾Versatile, tough and always reliable – the FIAT Fullback takes its name from the key rugby or American football position
◾UK customers can choose between the 2.4 150hp SX, 2.4 180hp LX and the 2.4 180hp LX automatic
◾Prices in the UK start from £2....
|For Road and Track: Ferrari 750 Monza and Ford GT40 Mk I Street Car Join RM Sotheby's Monterey Sale• RM Sotheby's Monterey docket bolstered by a historic 1955 Ferrari 750 Monza Spider and a 1966 Ford GT40 Mk I|
• One of the most original 750 Monzas in existence, chassis no. 0510 M was campaigned by the 'big three' of American driver talent in period—Phil Hill, Carroll Shelby and Jim Hall—and is offered out of 60 years in single-ownership
• An American legend for the road, 1966 Ford GT40 Mk I comes to market for the first time in 25 years, restored in its original road-going specification
|Green light for the Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupé: The sports car among SUVs becomes available to orderStuttgart. The commercial release of the new GLC Coupé gets under way with three variants. Customers initially have a choice between two diesel engines and a petrol model. A further five models, including a plug-in hybrid and a powerful, top-of-the-range model from Mercedes-AMG, are set to follow this year. The new Coupé is available starting from 49,444.50 euros (GLC 250 4MATIC Coupé).|
The GLC Coupé offers a range of outputs from 100 kW (136 hp) to 270 kW (367 hp). The scope of standa....
|RM Group of Companies to offer select vehicles from Riverside International Automotive Museum at Summer California auctions• RM group of companies—RM Sotheby's and Auctions America—to lift gavel on select vehicles from the Riverside International Automotive Museum (RIAM) Collection |
• Group of 49 vehicles to be offered across Auctions America's upcoming Santa Monica sale, June 25-26, and RM Sotheby's flagship Monterey auction, August 19-20
• Celebrated as one of the largest collections of Maserati road cars in the United States, auction offering highlighted by 25 examples from the famed Italian marque
• Next week....
|PRICING AND SPECIFICATION FOR NEW MERCEDES-BENZ C-CLASS CABRIOLET REVEALED◾Prices start at £36,200 OTR for petrol-powered C 200|
◾Aircap, Airscarf and Memory Package come as standard
◾Choice of two trim lines and diesel and petrol engines – plus high-performance Mercedes-AMG models
◾Electrically-operated fabric roof offered in four colours
The new Mercedes-Benz C-Class Cabriolet is now available to order, priced from £36,200 OTR. First UK deliveries will arrive in September.
The C-Class Cabriolet comes in two trim lines, Sport and AMG Line, and with a choice o....
|2017 Acura NSX|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio|
|2017 Fiat 124 Spider|
|2017 Fiat 124 Spider Elaborazione Abarth|
|2017 Kia Sportage|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz AMG E 43 4MATIC Estate|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz AMG SLC43|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA45|