THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY
• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.comAUBURN, Indiana (Feb. 26, 2014
)– As the Fort Lauderdale sale nears (March 14-16), Auctions America is thrilled to announce the addition of a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird to its growing line up of consignments. Made legendary because of its racing heritage, the desirable muscle car joins nearly 500 collector cars set for the auction block in Florida, including the previously announced 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra and 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition with a mere 81 miles.
'The sale has developed a reputation as South Florida's premier collector car auction and we're more excited than ever going into our twelfth year in Fort Lauderdale,' said Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America. 'The quality of our consignments increases every year and our dedicated team of specialists has ensured that Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event is the perfect place for buyers to find their next car – from highly original, low mileage examples to concours-level restorations and more.'
Built as Chrysler's only hope of beating Ford on the superspeedways, the Plymouth Superbird was designed to reduce aerodynamic drag and the sloped nose and enormous rear wing are now a stock car racing icon. This particular 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird is one of only 135 built with the desirable 426-cid, 425-horsepower Hemi V8 engine. Presented in Blue Fire Metallic with a bucket seat interior displayed in Black and Charcoal, additional features include a black vinyl roof, tinted windshield, tachometer, AM radio, performance axle package, wood grain console, power steering and front discs brakes.Additional highlight vehicle consignments include:
• a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible documented as being a 'one of one' factory-built example displayed in the elegant color combination of Kensington Green with a white convertible top and interior. Along with the rare bucket seat option, standard Eldorado equipment includes a heater, fog lamps, air-assisted suspension, radio with a rear speaker, power windows, a six-way power front seat, power door locks and whitewall tires;
• one of a mere 29 produced and one of only 10 known survivors, this 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan features a superb restoration finished in a cream-colored body with beige belt moldings. A Best in Class winner at Pebble Beach, this example is correct in virtually all respects and includes dual sidemounts and an original, unrestored rear-mounted trunk.
Previously announced highlights include:
• the 23rd production example 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra, with an upgraded 289-cid V8 engine fitted with the correct components. Featuring one owner from 1971 to 2011, the Cobra has recently received a fresh restoration and is in fantastic running and driving order;
• a stylish 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona originally delivered new to Italy and fitted with factory air conditioning. Featuring a well-maintained restoration and a recent full mechanical service, the Daytona is the ideal ride for high speed grand touring, just as it was when new;
• a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, one of only 343 produced, featuring a Heritage Blue paintjob with Epic Orange stripes and a mere 81 original miles. The car is also equipped with all four available options—LeMans style body stripes, McIntosh CD stereo system, lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheels and color-matched Brembo brake calipers.
Especially fitting for an auction in Southern Florida is a bevy of woodies. Leading the group is a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible, one of only approximately 400 convertible New Yorkers built, featuring an elegant wood-and-metal-body with a 323.5-cid, 135-horsepower engine. A recently restored 1947 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible and a professionally restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Station Wagon finished in Fog Green round out the Chrysler woodie offerings. Also crossing the block is a 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Sportsman Convertible in correct Dynamic Maroon with Golden Tan leather upholstery and a tan canvas power top. This example was recognized in 2012 by the Early Ford V-8 Club, receiving the Dearborn Award for Restoration. A 1940 Ford Deluxe Station Wagon with original wood and paint and a rare third seat and a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon complete the Ford woodie offerings.Event Details
– Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction
Sale dates: March 14-16, 2013
Preview dates: March 13-16, 2013
Location: Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Admission: $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for a weekend pass. Children 12 years of age and under will gain free admission. Please note, the Broward County Convention Center lies within the confines of Port Everglades. Due to new Federal security requirements, you must show your government issued picture identification (Passport or Driver's License) at all security checkpoints to gain access to the Convention Center.posted on conceptcarz.com
| Recent Articles|
|SCOTTSDALE MAYOR DECLARES BARRETT-JACKSON COLLECTOR CAR AUCTION WEEK, JANUARY 14-22SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Jan. 13, 2017 – To honor the World's Greatest Collector Car Auctions®, Scottsdale Mayor W. J. Lane has officially declared January 14-22, 2017, 'Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction Week' to commemorate the 46th annual event in the company's hometown.|
Barrett-Jackson has become a staple and a point of pride for the City of Scottsdale and its residents over the 46 years since its inception in 1971. Bringing both national and international attention to the city, in 2....
|CORVETTES RULE THE ROOST ON THURSDAY AT MECUM KISSIMMEE 2017Collections From Jackie and Gary Runyon, Colts Neck and Tom Lembeck Are Featured Today|
Kissimmee, Fla. – Jan. 13, 2017 – Corvettes ruled the roost on Thursday as they led a strong group sellers at Mecum Kissimmee 2017, the world's largest collector-car auction that began Jan. 6 and continues through Sunday, Jan. 15, at Osceola Heritage Park in Kissimmee, Florida. Collections from Jackie and Gary Runyon, Colts Neck and Tom Lembeck will headline today's offerings.
|BARRETT-JACKSON'S 2017 SCOTTSDALE AUCTION WILL FEATURE AN EXTRAORDINARY DOCKET OF RARE MOPARS•Lot #1392 is one of only 14 1970 Plymouth HEMI 'Cuda Convertibles built and includes a distinguished racing history, making it one of the rarest and most desirable muscle cars of all time|
•One of the rarest, most original and well-documented, this 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Lot #1320) only has approximately 14,800 original miles since new
•This 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A (Lot #1031) features its original 340ci Six Pack V8 engine with 4-speed factory transmission
SCOTTSDALE, ARIZ. – Dec. 22....
|BARRETT-JACKSON SCOTTSDALE AUCTION DOCKET TO INCLUDE HIGHLY DESIRABLE VINTAGE SHELBY MUSTANGSOriginally shipped to Peru, a 1966 Shelby GT350 (Lot #1324) headed to Scottsdale was raced extensively by Teodoro Yagali in the 1970s and was restored to its original build in 2015|
•A 1968 Shelby GT500KR Convertible (Lot #1368) was once owned by tennis great Jimmy Connors and is one of only 47 in its rare color combination
•A highlight at the auction will be a 1965 Shelby GT350 (Lot #1365),which features a complete Paxton Supercharger that is fitted to the original motor
|BARRETT-JACKSON, VAUGHN GITTIN JR. AND PENNZOIL FILM ADRENALINE-CHARGED DRIFTING VIDEO AT WESTWORLD OF SCOTTSDALEBarrett-Jackson teamed up with Pennzoil and World Championship drifter Vaughn Gittin Jr. to film 'No Reserve Drifting,' a wild stunt video, at the auction site in Scottsdale, Arizona.|
•Gittin drifted a Ford Mustang RTR Spec2 across one million square feet of space under one roof at the Scottsdale auction site
•Craig Jackson rode shotgun while Gittin drifted his RTR around Jackson's Bugatti Veyron
SCOTTSDALE, ARIZ. – Jan. 10, 2017 – Barrett-Jackson, The World's Greatest Collector Car Au....
|TRUE LUXURY IS PERSONAL: ROLLS-ROYCE MOTOR CARS' YEAR IN BESPOKEFrom the inception of the marque 113 years ago, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars has stood alone in serving the world's wealthy and influential an exquisite blank canvas from which to express their tastes, lifestyles and passions. Where once this fell to independent coachbuilders, the execution of the most deeply held desires of the most discerning patrons of luxury in the world is now performed by the marque's Bespoke department, a collective of extraordinary designers, engineers and craftspeople at the ....|
|ZOE NAMED BEST ELECTRIC CAR AS IT WINS FOR THE FOURTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR AT WHAT CAR? AWARDS 2017◾Renault ZOE named overall 'Best Electric Car'|
◾Renault ZOE named 'Best Electric Car under £20,000' for fourth consecutive year
◾ZOE also a finalist for the Technology Award
◾ZOE now provides range of up to 250 miles (NEDC) – the longest of any mainstream electric vehicle
◾ZOE available from £13,995 (after Plug-in Car Grant)
The Renault ZOE has been recognised for the fourth consecutive year by What Car? judges, being named 'Best Electric Car', as well as 'Best Electric Car for less tha....
|NEW MERCEDES-BENZ GLA PRICING AND SPECIFICATION REVEALED◾Entry-level GLA 200 SE priced from £25,880|
◾Choice of two diesel and three petrol engines
◾Two new special editions available; WhiteArt Edition and Yellow Night Edition
◾Available to order now, with first UK deliveries in April 2017
The new Mercedes-Benz GLA is now on sale, with prices starting from £25,880 for the GLA 200 SE.
The GLA is available with three petrol engines; GLA 200, GLA 250 4MATIC and Mercedes-AMG GLA 45 4MATIC. Power outputs range from 156 hp to 381 hp for the range-t....
|2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio|
|2018 Subaru WRX|
|2017 Acura NSX|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio|
|2017 Audi A5 Cabriolet|
|2017 Audi A5 Sportback|
|2017 Audi S5|
|2017 Audi S5 Sportback|
|2017 Cadillac ATS|