THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY
• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.comAUBURN, Indiana (Feb. 26, 2014
)– As the Fort Lauderdale sale nears (March 14-16), Auctions America is thrilled to announce the addition of a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird to its growing line up of consignments. Made legendary because of its racing heritage, the desirable muscle car joins nearly 500 collector cars set for the auction block in Florida, including the previously announced 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra and 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition with a mere 81 miles.
'The sale has developed a reputation as South Florida's premier collector car auction and we're more excited than ever going into our twelfth year in Fort Lauderdale,' said Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America. 'The quality of our consignments increases every year and our dedicated team of specialists has ensured that Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event is the perfect place for buyers to find their next car – from highly original, low mileage examples to concours-level restorations and more.'
Built as Chrysler's only hope of beating Ford on the superspeedways, the Plymouth Superbird was designed to reduce aerodynamic drag and the sloped nose and enormous rear wing are now a stock car racing icon. This particular 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird is one of only 135 built with the desirable 426-cid, 425-horsepower Hemi V8 engine. Presented in Blue Fire Metallic with a bucket seat interior displayed in Black and Charcoal, additional features include a black vinyl roof, tinted windshield, tachometer, AM radio, performance axle package, wood grain console, power steering and front discs brakes.Additional highlight vehicle consignments include:
• a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible documented as being a 'one of one' factory-built example displayed in the elegant color combination of Kensington Green with a white convertible top and interior. Along with the rare bucket seat option, standard Eldorado equipment includes a heater, fog lamps, air-assisted suspension, radio with a rear speaker, power windows, a six-way power front seat, power door locks and whitewall tires;
• one of a mere 29 produced and one of only 10 known survivors, this 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan features a superb restoration finished in a cream-colored body with beige belt moldings. A Best in Class winner at Pebble Beach, this example is correct in virtually all respects and includes dual sidemounts and an original, unrestored rear-mounted trunk.
Previously announced highlights include:
• the 23rd production example 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra, with an upgraded 289-cid V8 engine fitted with the correct components. Featuring one owner from 1971 to 2011, the Cobra has recently received a fresh restoration and is in fantastic running and driving order;
• a stylish 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona originally delivered new to Italy and fitted with factory air conditioning. Featuring a well-maintained restoration and a recent full mechanical service, the Daytona is the ideal ride for high speed grand touring, just as it was when new;
• a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, one of only 343 produced, featuring a Heritage Blue paintjob with Epic Orange stripes and a mere 81 original miles. The car is also equipped with all four available options—LeMans style body stripes, McIntosh CD stereo system, lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheels and color-matched Brembo brake calipers.
Especially fitting for an auction in Southern Florida is a bevy of woodies. Leading the group is a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible, one of only approximately 400 convertible New Yorkers built, featuring an elegant wood-and-metal-body with a 323.5-cid, 135-horsepower engine. A recently restored 1947 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible and a professionally restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Station Wagon finished in Fog Green round out the Chrysler woodie offerings. Also crossing the block is a 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Sportsman Convertible in correct Dynamic Maroon with Golden Tan leather upholstery and a tan canvas power top. This example was recognized in 2012 by the Early Ford V-8 Club, receiving the Dearborn Award for Restoration. A 1940 Ford Deluxe Station Wagon with original wood and paint and a rare third seat and a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon complete the Ford woodie offerings.Event Details
– Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction
Sale dates: March 14-16, 2013
Preview dates: March 13-16, 2013
Location: Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Admission: $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for a weekend pass. Children 12 years of age and under will gain free admission. Please note, the Broward County Convention Center lies within the confines of Port Everglades. Due to new Federal security requirements, you must show your government issued picture identification (Passport or Driver's License) at all security checkpoints to gain access to the Convention Center.
| Recent Articles|
|KENO BROTHERS ‘ROLLING SCULPTURE' INAUGURAL AUCTION BRINGS $8.3MAll-New Salon Experience Provides Transparent Approach to Fine Automobile Auctions|
◾1968 Bizzarrini Strada 5300 selling for $1,010,800 (including buyer's premium) and marking a North American record for a Bizzarini Strada 5300 at auction in the U.S.
◾1999 Lamborghini Diablo GT, selling for $616,000 (including BP) -- one of just 80 produced and one of six in the U.S., marking a world record at auction
◾1929 Bugatti T40, competed in the Algerian Sahara Rally in 1930, sold at $464,800 (i....
|MECUM AUCTIONS TO HOST AUSTIN, TEXAS, COLLECTOR CAR AUCTION DEC. 11-12Event will Feature 600 American Muscle Cars, Classics, Hot Rods and More|
Walworth, Wis. – Nov. 17, 2015 – Mecum Auctions will host its second Austin, Texas, collector car auction at the Austin Convention Center this Dec. 11-12 with an estimated 600 vehicles expected to cross the auction block. The consignment list of cars includes a wide selection of American muscle cars, classics, Hot Rods, Resto Mods and more.
The auction is open to buyers, sellers and spectators w....
|Keno Brothers Selected as Auction House for 2016 Elegance at HersheyProvenance, Authenticity and History Combine for New Dynamic as Concours Enters 6th Year|
HERSHEY, PA - Keno Brothers Fine Automobile Auctions has been selected as the Auction House for the 2016 Elegance at Hershey (www.theeleganceathershey.com), elevating the annual classic car weekend to a new level of celebration and sophistication within the three-day event. Modeled after the finest Concours programs in Europe and America, The Elegance at Hershey is a genteel garden party fea....
|2015 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Contributes More than $1.9 Million to People in Need• Charitable Donations to Date Exceed $21 Million|
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (November 12, 2015) — The 65th annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance is in the books: the elegant and high-powered automobiles are back in their stables, and golfers are once again teeing off on the 18th hole of Pebble Beach Golf Links. Meanwhile, finances for the event have been tallied and more than $1.9 million was raised for charity. The full amount—$1,900,461 to be precise—was announced Wednesday at a ....
|Hundreds of Classics Up For Grabs with Carlisle Auctions in Lakeland• Hundreds of Classics Up For Grabs with Carlisle Auctions in Lakeland|
• Two-Day Collector Car Auction Runs November 13-14 at the SUN 'n FUN Complex
LAKELAND, FL – Car auctions are all the rage, especially ones where automotive history can be had at a great price. Millions watch auction centric programs on TV and just as many ponder what it'd be like to experience such an event in person. Wait no more, as Carlisle Auctions presents its two-day auction on Friday, Novemb....
|THE ELEGANCE AT HERSHEY DISTRIBUTES $125,000 FROM JUNE EVENTS TO ITS CHARITIES, INCLUDING $75,000 TO JDRFWeekend of Events Featuring the World's Finest Vintage and Collector Cars at The Hotel Hershey Raises More Than $800,000 for Causes in its First 5 Years|
HERSHEY, PA - Emerging as one of the nation's most unique and successful charitable fundraising events, organizers of The Elegance at Hershey distributed $125,000 to its designated beneficiaries last week, including $75,000 to JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation).
The Elegance at Hershey, a weekend-long series of vin....
|KENO BROTHERS CAPTURE THE ESSENCE OF A ‘ROLLING SCULPTURE FINE AUTOMOBILE'• Vignettes Created for Each Vehicle on Offer at November 19th NYC 'Rolling Sculpture' Fine Automobile Auction|
NEW YORK – November 4, 2015 – How does one demonstrate the essence of a 'Rolling Sculpture' level automobile on offer in New York City, a location that one cannot run a vehicle across a stage? The Keno Brothers have taken that challenge to heart. They are utilizing new technologies to not only single out their brand within the competitive automotive auction arena, but c....
|BREMBO ALL-NEW B-M8 CALIPERS UNVEILED AT SEMA◾Brembo launches innovative high performance aftermarket truck and SUV calipers|
◾Brembo B-M8 wins SEMA New Product Award in the Engineered New Product category.
LAS VEGAS, Nev., Nov. 3, 2015 – Brembo, the world leader and acknowledged innovator of brake technology introduces a brand new product during the 2015 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show (Booth #23561) on November 3-5, at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Brembo launches the B-M8, the all-new 8-piston caliper and....
|2017 Acura NSX|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio|
|2017 Kia Sportage|
|2016 BMW 7-Series|
|2016 Buick Regal|
|2016 Cadillac ATS|
|2016 Cadillac ATS-V|
|2016 Cadillac CTS-V|
|2016 Cadillac ELR|
|2016 Cadillac XTS|