THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY
• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.comAUBURN, Indiana (Feb. 26, 2014
)– As the Fort Lauderdale sale nears (March 14-16), Auctions America is thrilled to announce the addition of a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird to its growing line up of consignments. Made legendary because of its racing heritage, the desirable muscle car joins nearly 500 collector cars set for the auction block in Florida, including the previously announced 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra and 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition with a mere 81 miles.
'The sale has developed a reputation as South Florida's premier collector car auction and we're more excited than ever going into our twelfth year in Fort Lauderdale,' said Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America. 'The quality of our consignments increases every year and our dedicated team of specialists has ensured that Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event is the perfect place for buyers to find their next car – from highly original, low mileage examples to concours-level restorations and more.'
Built as Chrysler's only hope of beating Ford on the superspeedways, the Plymouth Superbird was designed to reduce aerodynamic drag and the sloped nose and enormous rear wing are now a stock car racing icon. This particular 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird is one of only 135 built with the desirable 426-cid, 425-horsepower Hemi V8 engine. Presented in Blue Fire Metallic with a bucket seat interior displayed in Black and Charcoal, additional features include a black vinyl roof, tinted windshield, tachometer, AM radio, performance axle package, wood grain console, power steering and front discs brakes.Additional highlight vehicle consignments include:
• a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible documented as being a 'one of one' factory-built example displayed in the elegant color combination of Kensington Green with a white convertible top and interior. Along with the rare bucket seat option, standard Eldorado equipment includes a heater, fog lamps, air-assisted suspension, radio with a rear speaker, power windows, a six-way power front seat, power door locks and whitewall tires;
• one of a mere 29 produced and one of only 10 known survivors, this 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan features a superb restoration finished in a cream-colored body with beige belt moldings. A Best in Class winner at Pebble Beach, this example is correct in virtually all respects and includes dual sidemounts and an original, unrestored rear-mounted trunk.
Previously announced highlights include:
• the 23rd production example 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra, with an upgraded 289-cid V8 engine fitted with the correct components. Featuring one owner from 1971 to 2011, the Cobra has recently received a fresh restoration and is in fantastic running and driving order;
• a stylish 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona originally delivered new to Italy and fitted with factory air conditioning. Featuring a well-maintained restoration and a recent full mechanical service, the Daytona is the ideal ride for high speed grand touring, just as it was when new;
• a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, one of only 343 produced, featuring a Heritage Blue paintjob with Epic Orange stripes and a mere 81 original miles. The car is also equipped with all four available options—LeMans style body stripes, McIntosh CD stereo system, lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheels and color-matched Brembo brake calipers.
Especially fitting for an auction in Southern Florida is a bevy of woodies. Leading the group is a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible, one of only approximately 400 convertible New Yorkers built, featuring an elegant wood-and-metal-body with a 323.5-cid, 135-horsepower engine. A recently restored 1947 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible and a professionally restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Station Wagon finished in Fog Green round out the Chrysler woodie offerings. Also crossing the block is a 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Sportsman Convertible in correct Dynamic Maroon with Golden Tan leather upholstery and a tan canvas power top. This example was recognized in 2012 by the Early Ford V-8 Club, receiving the Dearborn Award for Restoration. A 1940 Ford Deluxe Station Wagon with original wood and paint and a rare third seat and a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon complete the Ford woodie offerings.Event Details
– Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction
Sale dates: March 14-16, 2013
Preview dates: March 13-16, 2013
Location: Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Admission: $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for a weekend pass. Children 12 years of age and under will gain free admission. Please note, the Broward County Convention Center lies within the confines of Port Everglades. Due to new Federal security requirements, you must show your government issued picture identification (Passport or Driver's License) at all security checkpoints to gain access to the Convention Center.
| Recent Articles|
|2017 Corvette Grand Sport Priced At $66,445• Track-focused model offers 1.2g cornering, 3.6-sec. 0-60 time with Z07 package|
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. – Chevrolet announced today the track-bred 2017 Corvette Grand Sport will be priced at $66,445 for coupe models and $70,445 for convertibles, when they go on sale this summer. The prices include the destination charge, but not tax, title and other dealer fees.
With heritage-inspired design cues combined with track-focused chassis and suspension elements, the new Grand Sport build....
|BREMBO BRAKE FACTS FOR FORMULA 1 RUSSIAN GRAND PRIXThe Russian GP according to Brembo|
An X-ray view of the Formula 1 braking demand on the Sochi track
DETROIT, (Apr. 29, 2016) – From April 29-May 1, the Sochi Autodrom will host the fourth round of the 2016 Formula 1 World Championship.
The track, designed by architect Hermann Tilke, runs through the Olympic Village created for the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. At 5.848 km (3.634 miles) long, it is the fourth longest in the Formula 1 World Championship, after Spa-Francorchamps, B....
|BREMBO CELEBRATES FIRST POUR AT ALL-NEW CAST IRON FOUNDRY IN HOMER, MICHIGANDETROIT, (Apr. 28, 2016) – Brembo, the world leader and acknowledged innovator of brake technology, conducted the first pour at its all-new cast iron foundry recently completed in Homer, Michigan. The first pour is a preliminary test of the facility that ensures all systems are functioning properly and is the first step before production ramp up begins.|
During this test, the foundry's furnaces were charged and the molten raw material from these furnaces was poured into a mold for the f....
|FIAT Announces Pricing for All-new 2017 124 Spider•2017 Fiat 124 Spider is the most affordable turbo-powered convertible in America with a starting price of $24,995 (MSRP)|
•Lineup includes: Classica, $24,995; Lusso, $27,495; and Abarth, $28,195 (MSRP)
•2017 Fiat 124 Spider returns nearly 50 years after original introduction
•Revival of roadster continues expansion of FIAT brand in North America
•Delivers iconic Italian style with modern adaptation of original Spider legend
•Powered by standard proven turbocharged MultiAir 1.4-liter engine ....
|Handpicked For Southern California: Auctions America Brings Eclectic Showcase Of Automotive History And Design To Santa Monica• Auctions America returns to Southern California, June 25-26 for its annual Santa Monica sale|
• Held at the historic Barker Hangar, multi-day sale features handpicked selection of 300 quality automobiles
• Early highlights led by a 1996 Ferrari F50, a 1970 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona 'Euro', and a 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429
• Auction to also feature assortment of vehicles from SoCal's respected Vinnie Mandzak Garage Collection
• Frequently updated list of entries available at www.auctionsa....
|ULTIMATE, GO ANYWHERE ‘SUPERCAR' FOR AUCTIONA supercharged Bowler EXR-S all-terrain 'supercar', combining the very best of luxury and performance, will be auctioned at Silverstone Auctions' May Sale, at Silverstone race circuit on Friday 20th May.|
Chassis no.1, this 2015 Bowler EXR-S is the very first of just three right-hand drive examples and the latest creation from Derbyshire-based endurance rally specialist, Bowler Motorsport.
On the back of the successful Tomcat, Bowler announced its next project, known as the Nemesis, in late....
|ISUZU D-MAX ARCTIC TRUCKS AT35: THE MOST EXTREME D-MAX EVER SOLD◾Isuzu and Arctic Trucks team up to create an extremely capable D-Max pick-up|
◾Engineered to excel in the most arduous terrain, Isuzu D-Max Arctic Trucks AT35 is the most extreme D-Max ever sold
◾AT35 retains proven, durable D-Max chassis, engine and transmissions, and its highly competitive payload and towing capacities
◾Newcomer breaks new ground as the first Arctic Trucks pick-up available for UK customers to order from dealers
◾On sale across the UK from late spring 2016, priced from £30....
|GRAND CHEROKEE AMONG ‘TOP 10 BEST CARS TO OWN' AS JEEP IS NAMED UK'S ‘MOST IMPROVED BRAND'Further proof of Jeep's growing reputation in the UK is shown today in a major survey on the best cars to own – the Grand Cherokee 4x4 is named as one of the 'Top 10 Best Cars To Own', while the Jeep brand is heralded as the 'most improved'.|
The findings, from the Auto Express 2016 Driver Power Survey, put the Grand Cherokee in ninth position, out of more than 150 cars sold in the UK. The survey also shows how Jeep as a brand is now ranked in 11th place – up from last year's 26th – thereby re....
|2017 Acura NSX|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio|
|2017 Fiat 124 Spider|
|2017 Fiat 124 Spider Elaborazione Abarth|
|2017 Kia Sportage|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz AMG SLC43|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA45|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC|