THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY
• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.comAUBURN, Indiana (Feb. 26, 2014
)– As the Fort Lauderdale sale nears (March 14-16), Auctions America is thrilled to announce the addition of a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird to its growing line up of consignments. Made legendary because of its racing heritage, the desirable muscle car joins nearly 500 collector cars set for the auction block in Florida, including the previously announced 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra and 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition with a mere 81 miles.
'The sale has developed a reputation as South Florida's premier collector car auction and we're more excited than ever going into our twelfth year in Fort Lauderdale,' said Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America. 'The quality of our consignments increases every year and our dedicated team of specialists has ensured that Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event is the perfect place for buyers to find their next car – from highly original, low mileage examples to concours-level restorations and more.'
Built as Chrysler's only hope of beating Ford on the superspeedways, the Plymouth Superbird was designed to reduce aerodynamic drag and the sloped nose and enormous rear wing are now a stock car racing icon. This particular 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird is one of only 135 built with the desirable 426-cid, 425-horsepower Hemi V8 engine. Presented in Blue Fire Metallic with a bucket seat interior displayed in Black and Charcoal, additional features include a black vinyl roof, tinted windshield, tachometer, AM radio, performance axle package, wood grain console, power steering and front discs brakes.Additional highlight vehicle consignments include:
• a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible documented as being a 'one of one' factory-built example displayed in the elegant color combination of Kensington Green with a white convertible top and interior. Along with the rare bucket seat option, standard Eldorado equipment includes a heater, fog lamps, air-assisted suspension, radio with a rear speaker, power windows, a six-way power front seat, power door locks and whitewall tires;
• one of a mere 29 produced and one of only 10 known survivors, this 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan features a superb restoration finished in a cream-colored body with beige belt moldings. A Best in Class winner at Pebble Beach, this example is correct in virtually all respects and includes dual sidemounts and an original, unrestored rear-mounted trunk.
Previously announced highlights include:
• the 23rd production example 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra, with an upgraded 289-cid V8 engine fitted with the correct components. Featuring one owner from 1971 to 2011, the Cobra has recently received a fresh restoration and is in fantastic running and driving order;
• a stylish 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona originally delivered new to Italy and fitted with factory air conditioning. Featuring a well-maintained restoration and a recent full mechanical service, the Daytona is the ideal ride for high speed grand touring, just as it was when new;
• a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, one of only 343 produced, featuring a Heritage Blue paintjob with Epic Orange stripes and a mere 81 original miles. The car is also equipped with all four available options—LeMans style body stripes, McIntosh CD stereo system, lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheels and color-matched Brembo brake calipers.
Especially fitting for an auction in Southern Florida is a bevy of woodies. Leading the group is a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible, one of only approximately 400 convertible New Yorkers built, featuring an elegant wood-and-metal-body with a 323.5-cid, 135-horsepower engine. A recently restored 1947 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible and a professionally restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Station Wagon finished in Fog Green round out the Chrysler woodie offerings. Also crossing the block is a 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Sportsman Convertible in correct Dynamic Maroon with Golden Tan leather upholstery and a tan canvas power top. This example was recognized in 2012 by the Early Ford V-8 Club, receiving the Dearborn Award for Restoration. A 1940 Ford Deluxe Station Wagon with original wood and paint and a rare third seat and a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon complete the Ford woodie offerings.Event Details
– Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction
Sale dates: March 14-16, 2013
Preview dates: March 13-16, 2013
Location: Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Admission: $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for a weekend pass. Children 12 years of age and under will gain free admission. Please note, the Broward County Convention Center lies within the confines of Port Everglades. Due to new Federal security requirements, you must show your government issued picture identification (Passport or Driver's License) at all security checkpoints to gain access to the Convention Center.posted on conceptcarz.com
| Recent Articles|
|6 Huskies And 300 HorsesMartorell 22/03/2017. – A sled pulled by six Alaskan and Siberian huskies measures up against the Leon CUPRA, driven by racer Jordi Gené, on a frozen lake in Lapland; a fun challenge aimed at bringing out the best in each of them: the endurance of these ancestral breeds, which can run around 130 km in a day, and the 300 horsepower of the brand's most powerful car.|
Power and endurance: While the Leon CUPRA is characterised by its performance, accelerating from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.....
|Legendary Motorsports Announcer Bob Varsha Named Honoree For 2017 Atlanta ConcoursVarsha Joins Chief Judge Keith Martin in Presenting All-New 'Magnificent Seven' Program Debut|
ATLANTA, Ga., March 21, 2017 – The Atlanta Concours d'Elegance announces famed motorsports announcer Bob Varsha as its 2017 Honoree. Best known for his 25-year tenure covering the Formula One World Championship, Varsha brings global recognition to the Atlanta Concours' weekend-long event. Varsha, who currently resides in Atlanta, is one of the premier television commentators of the a....
|Gooding & Company Achieves More Than $30 Million in a Single Day at the Company's Amelia Island AuctionPorsches Shine with the 1998 Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion Sold for over $5.6 Million; Thirteen New World Benchmarks Established |
Amelia Island, Fla. (March 14, 2017) – Gooding & Company, the auction house acclaimed for selling the world's most significant and valuable collector cars, realized $30,568,700 in a single day at the company's annual Amelia Island Auction held on March 10, 2017. The auction house achieved a 78% sales rate as 69 of 88 lots were sold, producing a $443....
|Mecum Auctions In Houston April 6-8 At The Nrg Arena With 1,000 Collector CarsModern and Vintage Supercars, Muscle, a No-Reserve Collection and More on Offer|
WALWORTH, Wis. – March 13, 2017 – Mecum Auctions, the world's largest collector-car auction company, will stage its sixth consecutive Mecum Houston collector-car auction April 6-8 at NRG Arena with an estimated 1,000 American muscle cars, Corvettes, classics, Hot Rods, Resto Mods and more to cross the auction block. This year's event will be a true auto-enthusiast's paradise with the Houston Auto Sh....
|RM Sotheby's leads the way in Florida with record $70.9 million Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance sale• RM Sotheby's generates $70.9 million in sales at Amelia Island—the highest total in Amelia Island auction history |
• One-of-three Bugatti Type 57S Cabriolet claims top sale of the week at $7,700,000
• 19 motor cars achieve million-dollar-plus results, with numerous new records set
• Friday's exclusive sale of 'A Gentleman's Collection: The Pride & Passion of Orin Smith' realizes $31 million, highlighted by the 1936 Lancia Astura Cabriolet Series III 'Tipo Bocca' for $2,145,000
• Bidders ha....
|Southeast Shines For Singer Vehicle DesignSOUTHEAST SHINES FOR SINGER VEHICLE DESIGN -- As Two Florida-based Commissions from Singer are Displayed at Amelia Island Concours|
LOS ANGELES, March 9, 2017 – Singer Vehicle Design returns to the Amelia Island Concours, March 10-12, 2017 for a second year. Two unique customer commissions that reside in the Southeast are on display. Both the Miami and Florida commissions are recent examples of Singer's work blending historical 911 DNA with unique perspectives and the bleeding e....
|The Road To The World Car Continues… World Car Awards' Top Three Finalists Revealed In GenevaThe Road to World Car journey continues with today's announcement of the Top Three in the World finalists in six award categories at the Geneva International Motor Show.|
This announcement continues the countdown for the 2017 World Car Awards winners' press conference hosted by the New York International Auto Show (NYIAS), Bridgestone Corporation, Autoneum and Brembo on Thursday, April 13, 2017. Winners of the 2017 World Car of the Year, World Luxury Car, World Performance Car, World Green Car....
|Mecum Auctions' 25-Year Tradition Continues In Kansas City March 24-25World's Largest Collector-Car Auction Company Returns with 700 Vehicles on Offer|
WALWORTH, Wis. – March 2, 2017 – For more than 25 years, Mecum Auctions has staged a collector-car auction in Kansas City, Missouri. The tradition continues March 24-25 when the world's largest collector-car auction company returns to the Kansas City Convention Center with an estimated 700 American muscle cars, classics, Corvettes, Hot Rods, Resto Mods and more.
Highlighting the consignment....
|2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio|
|2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1|
|2018 Dodge Durango SRT|
|2018 Mercedes-Benz AMG SLC43 Performance Studio RedArt|
|2018 Subaru WRX|
|2017 Acura NSX|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio|
|2017 Audi A5 Cabriolet|
|2017 Audi A5 Sportback|