THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY
• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.comAUBURN, Indiana (Feb. 26, 2014
)– As the Fort Lauderdale sale nears (March 14-16), Auctions America is thrilled to announce the addition of a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird to its growing line up of consignments. Made legendary because of its racing heritage, the desirable muscle car joins nearly 500 collector cars set for the auction block in Florida, including the previously announced 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra and 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition with a mere 81 miles.
'The sale has developed a reputation as South Florida's premier collector car auction and we're more excited than ever going into our twelfth year in Fort Lauderdale,' said Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America. 'The quality of our consignments increases every year and our dedicated team of specialists has ensured that Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event is the perfect place for buyers to find their next car – from highly original, low mileage examples to concours-level restorations and more.'
Built as Chrysler's only hope of beating Ford on the superspeedways, the Plymouth Superbird was designed to reduce aerodynamic drag and the sloped nose and enormous rear wing are now a stock car racing icon. This particular 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird is one of only 135 built with the desirable 426-cid, 425-horsepower Hemi V8 engine. Presented in Blue Fire Metallic with a bucket seat interior displayed in Black and Charcoal, additional features include a black vinyl roof, tinted windshield, tachometer, AM radio, performance axle package, wood grain console, power steering and front discs brakes.Additional highlight vehicle consignments include:
• a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible documented as being a 'one of one' factory-built example displayed in the elegant color combination of Kensington Green with a white convertible top and interior. Along with the rare bucket seat option, standard Eldorado equipment includes a heater, fog lamps, air-assisted suspension, radio with a rear speaker, power windows, a six-way power front seat, power door locks and whitewall tires;
• one of a mere 29 produced and one of only 10 known survivors, this 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan features a superb restoration finished in a cream-colored body with beige belt moldings. A Best in Class winner at Pebble Beach, this example is correct in virtually all respects and includes dual sidemounts and an original, unrestored rear-mounted trunk.
Previously announced highlights include:
• the 23rd production example 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra, with an upgraded 289-cid V8 engine fitted with the correct components. Featuring one owner from 1971 to 2011, the Cobra has recently received a fresh restoration and is in fantastic running and driving order;
• a stylish 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona originally delivered new to Italy and fitted with factory air conditioning. Featuring a well-maintained restoration and a recent full mechanical service, the Daytona is the ideal ride for high speed grand touring, just as it was when new;
• a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, one of only 343 produced, featuring a Heritage Blue paintjob with Epic Orange stripes and a mere 81 original miles. The car is also equipped with all four available options—LeMans style body stripes, McIntosh CD stereo system, lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheels and color-matched Brembo brake calipers.
Especially fitting for an auction in Southern Florida is a bevy of woodies. Leading the group is a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible, one of only approximately 400 convertible New Yorkers built, featuring an elegant wood-and-metal-body with a 323.5-cid, 135-horsepower engine. A recently restored 1947 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible and a professionally restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Station Wagon finished in Fog Green round out the Chrysler woodie offerings. Also crossing the block is a 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Sportsman Convertible in correct Dynamic Maroon with Golden Tan leather upholstery and a tan canvas power top. This example was recognized in 2012 by the Early Ford V-8 Club, receiving the Dearborn Award for Restoration. A 1940 Ford Deluxe Station Wagon with original wood and paint and a rare third seat and a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon complete the Ford woodie offerings.Event Details
– Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction
Sale dates: March 14-16, 2013
Preview dates: March 13-16, 2013
Location: Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Admission: $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for a weekend pass. Children 12 years of age and under will gain free admission. Please note, the Broward County Convention Center lies within the confines of Port Everglades. Due to new Federal security requirements, you must show your government issued picture identification (Passport or Driver's License) at all security checkpoints to gain access to the Convention Center.posted on conceptcarz.com
| Recent Articles|
|Remarkably Pure Ferrari 166 MM Completes RM Sotheby's Stellar Offering at Amelia Island• RM Sotheby's rounds out superlative Amelia Island catalogue with an exceptionally pure 1950 Ferrari 166 MM Barchetta|
• A two-time Mille Miglia entrant, chassis 0058 M is the latest in a series of multi-million-dollar entries confirmed for RM Sotheby's 10-11 March sale
• The official auction of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, RM's two-day Amelia Island event also shines spotlight on 'A Gentleman's Collection: The Pride and Passion of Orin Smith', to be offered largely without reserve,....
|AACA And CCCA Announce Historic 'Triple Crown' Meet In The Classic Car Capital Of AmericaHERSHEY, Pennsylvania ( February 14, 2017) - In what can only be described as an historic event, two of the world's oldest and grandest car clubs, The Antique Automobile Club of America, and the Classic Car Club of America, will join together this Spring to host a combined national meet. Scheduled May 11-13 in the Classic Car Capital of America, Auburn, Indiana, the 'Triple Crown' Meet will coincide with Auctions America's Auburn Spring weekend at the Auburn Auction Park.|
The event ....
|Škoda Continues To Accelerate Interest With New Yeti SE Drive And SE L Drive ModelsFeaturing up to £2,295 worth of extra equipment for just £935|
◾SE Drive and SE L Drive based on already generously-equipped SE and SE L trims
◾Choice of three engines; 1.2-litre TSI 110PS, 2.0-litre TDI 110PS and 2.0-litre TDI 150PS with front or four-wheel drive and manual or DSG automatic transmissions
◾Prices start at £20,095, available to order now
Milton Keynes, 13 February 2017 - ŠKODA adds SE Drive and SE L Drive models to best-selling Yeti SUV range. Based on SE and SE L mod....
|Mercedes-Benz Introduces 4Matic All-Wheel Drive To E-Class Line-Up◾4MATIC now available on E 220 d Saloon and Estate|
◾Prices start from £38,175 for the E 220 d 4MATIC Saloon
◾Available to order now, with first UK deliveries in April
The Mercedes-Benz E 220 d is now available with 4MATIC all-wheel-drive in both saloon and estate bodystyles. Prices for the E 220 d 4MATIC saloon start at £38,175, while the estate version costs £40,175.
The E 220 d 4MATIC uses the same all-new four-cylinder 2.0-litre bi-turbo engine as the standard rear-wheel-drive E 220 d....
|Mercedes-AMG E 63 4Matic+ Saloon Uk Pricing And Specification Confirmed◾Most powerful and fastest-accelerating E 63 yet, with up to 612 hp|
◾Prices start at £78,935 OTR for Mercedes-AMG E 63 4MATIC+
◾Available to order now, with first UK deliveries from June
The Mercedes-AMG E 63 4MATIC+ is now available to order, with prices starting from £78,935. The E 63 S 4MATIC+ costs £88,295, while the E 63 S 4MATIC+ Edition 1 is available for £106,585. First deliveries are due in June.
All models are powered by a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine, producing 571 hp in the....
|Alpine Passion Through The Years At Retromobile◾Retromobile set to play host to six classic Alpine models|
◾The Alpine Vision show car will also be on display as a symbolic bridge between the brand's past and future
Groupe Renault is pleased to confirm Alpine's participation in the 42nd Retromobile at the Porte de Versailles exhibition centre in Paris.
Just days away from the global unveil of the brand's eagerly-anticipated new sports car that will go on sale this year, Alpine aficionados and car connoisseurs alike will have the opport....
|2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata Soft Top Arrives In Showrooms This Month, Retaining Unbeatable Performance Value• MX-5 Club Roadster Adds More Standard Safety Equipment for 2017|
IRVINE, Calif. (February 1, 2017) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today announced pricing for the 2017 MX-5 Miata soft top, which will arrive at dealers nationwide this month.
Following its resoundingly successful launch as a 2016 model, becoming the only vehicle to ever win World Car of the Year and World Car Design of the Year awards in the same year, MX-5 retains its $24,915 base MSRP1, providing th....
|Bentley 'Bobtail' Le Mans Race Car Joins Starting Lineup for RM Amelia• RM Sotheby's secures 1928 Bentley 4½-Litre Le Mans Sports 'Bobtail' for its Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance sale, March 10-11 in Florida|
• One of the most important Bentleys in existence, the 'Bobtail' is a two-time Factory Le Mans entrant
• Additional recent highlights include a superb private collection of rare sports cars, led by a one-of-two 1956 Maserati A6G/54 Frua Coupe Series III
• Further event information and a frequently updated list of entries available at www.rmsothebys.....
|2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio|
|2018 Dodge Durango SRT|
|2018 Subaru WRX|
|2017 Acura NSX|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio|
|2017 Audi A5 Cabriolet|
|2017 Audi A5 Sportback|
|2017 Audi S5|
|2017 Audi S5 Sportback|