THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY
• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.comAUBURN, Indiana (Feb. 26, 2014
)– As the Fort Lauderdale sale nears (March 14-16), Auctions America is thrilled to announce the addition of a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird to its growing line up of consignments. Made legendary because of its racing heritage, the desirable muscle car joins nearly 500 collector cars set for the auction block in Florida, including the previously announced 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra and 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition with a mere 81 miles.
'The sale has developed a reputation as South Florida's premier collector car auction and we're more excited than ever going into our twelfth year in Fort Lauderdale,' said Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America. 'The quality of our consignments increases every year and our dedicated team of specialists has ensured that Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event is the perfect place for buyers to find their next car – from highly original, low mileage examples to concours-level restorations and more.'
Built as Chrysler's only hope of beating Ford on the superspeedways, the Plymouth Superbird was designed to reduce aerodynamic drag and the sloped nose and enormous rear wing are now a stock car racing icon. This particular 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird is one of only 135 built with the desirable 426-cid, 425-horsepower Hemi V8 engine. Presented in Blue Fire Metallic with a bucket seat interior displayed in Black and Charcoal, additional features include a black vinyl roof, tinted windshield, tachometer, AM radio, performance axle package, wood grain console, power steering and front discs brakes.Additional highlight vehicle consignments include:
• a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible documented as being a 'one of one' factory-built example displayed in the elegant color combination of Kensington Green with a white convertible top and interior. Along with the rare bucket seat option, standard Eldorado equipment includes a heater, fog lamps, air-assisted suspension, radio with a rear speaker, power windows, a six-way power front seat, power door locks and whitewall tires;
• one of a mere 29 produced and one of only 10 known survivors, this 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan features a superb restoration finished in a cream-colored body with beige belt moldings. A Best in Class winner at Pebble Beach, this example is correct in virtually all respects and includes dual sidemounts and an original, unrestored rear-mounted trunk.
Previously announced highlights include:
• the 23rd production example 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra, with an upgraded 289-cid V8 engine fitted with the correct components. Featuring one owner from 1971 to 2011, the Cobra has recently received a fresh restoration and is in fantastic running and driving order;
• a stylish 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona originally delivered new to Italy and fitted with factory air conditioning. Featuring a well-maintained restoration and a recent full mechanical service, the Daytona is the ideal ride for high speed grand touring, just as it was when new;
• a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, one of only 343 produced, featuring a Heritage Blue paintjob with Epic Orange stripes and a mere 81 original miles. The car is also equipped with all four available options—LeMans style body stripes, McIntosh CD stereo system, lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheels and color-matched Brembo brake calipers.
Especially fitting for an auction in Southern Florida is a bevy of woodies. Leading the group is a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible, one of only approximately 400 convertible New Yorkers built, featuring an elegant wood-and-metal-body with a 323.5-cid, 135-horsepower engine. A recently restored 1947 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible and a professionally restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Station Wagon finished in Fog Green round out the Chrysler woodie offerings. Also crossing the block is a 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Sportsman Convertible in correct Dynamic Maroon with Golden Tan leather upholstery and a tan canvas power top. This example was recognized in 2012 by the Early Ford V-8 Club, receiving the Dearborn Award for Restoration. A 1940 Ford Deluxe Station Wagon with original wood and paint and a rare third seat and a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon complete the Ford woodie offerings.Event Details
– Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction
Sale dates: March 14-16, 2013
Preview dates: March 13-16, 2013
Location: Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Admission: $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for a weekend pass. Children 12 years of age and under will gain free admission. Please note, the Broward County Convention Center lies within the confines of Port Everglades. Due to new Federal security requirements, you must show your government issued picture identification (Passport or Driver's License) at all security checkpoints to gain access to the Convention Center.
| Recent Articles|
|The Pebble Beach Auctions Presented By Gooding & Company Generates Over $129 Million – Sets New Two-Day Sale Record For The Auction HouseFour cars sell above $10 million, 26 cars above $1 million|
New auction records for Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Bugatti, Porsche, Packard, and Maserati
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (August 22, 2016) – Gooding & Company, the official auction house of the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance®, realized more than $129.8 million at the annual Pebble Beach Auctions this weekend, resulting in a two-day sales company record. During the two-day auction event, the company sold 115 of 138 lots, an 83%....
|Gooding & Company's Pebble Beach Auctions Achieves Highest One-Day Sale With More Than $76 MillionThe Auction House Celebrates Highest Single-Day Sale and Most Expensive Lot in Company History - 13 Cars Sold Above the $1 Million Mark |
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (August 21, 2016) – Gooding & Company, the official auction house of the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance®, realized more than $76.7 million during the first of its two-evening Pebble Beach auction event. The auction house acclaimed for its world-class consignments and record-breaking prices delivered an 88% sales rate as 70 ....
|JD CLASSICS WINS MAJOR AWARDS AT PEBBLE BEACH FOR THE SEVENTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR◾JD Classics entries awarded second in class and third in class at the prestigious Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance|
◾Wins for the Ford GT40 Mark III Prototype and Mercedes-Benz 300SL 'Gullwing' Alloy mark the seventh consecutive year JD Classics has won a major award at the event
◾Contested by more than 200 vehicles, and featuring a team of more than 100 experienced judges, the Concours d'Elegance is one of the world's finest classic car events
Maldon, Essex, Tuesday 23rd August: JD ....
|COKER DOMINATES THE FIELD AT PEBBLE BEACH CONCOURSCoker Tire-equipped classics took home Best of Show and 15 Best in Class wins out of 26 classes, with 77 out of the 110 cars in pre-war classes riding on Coker Tires, at the prestigious Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.|
Chattanooga, Tenn. (August, 2016) – The Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance is one of the most prestigious car shows in the world – so much so, attendees fly across the globe just to attend the event. The Concours is the perfect event to cap off a spectacular and e....
|AUTOMOBILI LAMBORGHINI HERALDS FUTURE, CELEBRATES PAST AT MONTEREY CLASSIC CAR WEEK◾Centenario Roadster Global Debut Continues Brand's 'One-Off' Product Strategy|
◾Special Dedicated Classes of Miura Commemorate 50th Anniversary
◾House of the Raging Bull Celebrates Rich History
Sant'Agata Bolognese/Carmel Calif. August 22, 2016 –Lamborghini's past and future converged in Monterey this year as the brand celebrated its heritage and showcased its latest limited-edition super sports car for the first time.
Charging Into The Future With Full Force
|RM Sotheby's Generates $117.9 Million & Secures Top Two Sales of 2016 Monterey Auction Week• RM Sotheby's reaffirms market leadership with $117.9 million in sales at its flagship Monterey, California sale, August 19-20|
• Top-sellers: Le Mans-winning Jaguar D-Type and stunning Alfa '2.9' claim top two sales of the 2016 Monterey auction week
• Jaguar D-Type, XKD 501, smashes previous record for a British car sold at auction at $21.78 million; stunning 'Alfa 2.9' soars into record books at $19.8 million—a new auction benchmark for any pre-war automobile
• CSX 2000, the very first Shel....
|LISTER KNOBBLY STIRLING MOSS EDITION MAKES US DEBUT AT PEBBLE BEACH CONCOURS D'ELEGANCE◾Lister Motor Company's Knobbly Stirling Moss edition has made its US debut at the prestigious Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance®|
◾Limited edition car wowed crowds with star appearances at The Lodge Concept Lawn and the Pebble Beach RetroAuto
◾Official launch took place at the Inn at Spanish Bay™ in the Pebble Beach® Classic Car Forum with guest of honour, Sir Stirling Moss
◾Each of the ten production cars will feature the same lightweight spec as the Lister 'works' car in which Moss won at Si....
|FIAT 124 SPIDER ANNIVERSARY EDITION IS SOLD OUTRevealed for the first time at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show in March, the FIAT 124 Spider Anniversary Edition was designed to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the unveiling of the original roadster in Turin in 1966.|
The exclusive special edition, of which only 124 numbered examples were made available to UK enthusiasts, was priced at £23,295 OTR and offered unique equipment specifications including Passione Red paint; a premium silver finish on the windscreen frame, rollover bars and door mi....
|2017 Acura NSX|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio|
|2017 Fiat 124 Spider|
|2017 Fiat 124 Spider Elaborazione Abarth|
|2017 Kia Sportage|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz AMG E 43 4MATIC Estate|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz AMG SLC43|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA45|