THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY
• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.comAUBURN, Indiana (Feb. 26, 2014
)– As the Fort Lauderdale sale nears (March 14-16), Auctions America is thrilled to announce the addition of a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird to its growing line up of consignments. Made legendary because of its racing heritage, the desirable muscle car joins nearly 500 collector cars set for the auction block in Florida, including the previously announced 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra and 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition with a mere 81 miles.
'The sale has developed a reputation as South Florida's premier collector car auction and we're more excited than ever going into our twelfth year in Fort Lauderdale,' said Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America. 'The quality of our consignments increases every year and our dedicated team of specialists has ensured that Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event is the perfect place for buyers to find their next car – from highly original, low mileage examples to concours-level restorations and more.'
Built as Chrysler's only hope of beating Ford on the superspeedways, the Plymouth Superbird was designed to reduce aerodynamic drag and the sloped nose and enormous rear wing are now a stock car racing icon. This particular 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird is one of only 135 built with the desirable 426-cid, 425-horsepower Hemi V8 engine. Presented in Blue Fire Metallic with a bucket seat interior displayed in Black and Charcoal, additional features include a black vinyl roof, tinted windshield, tachometer, AM radio, performance axle package, wood grain console, power steering and front discs brakes.Additional highlight vehicle consignments include:
• a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible documented as being a 'one of one' factory-built example displayed in the elegant color combination of Kensington Green with a white convertible top and interior. Along with the rare bucket seat option, standard Eldorado equipment includes a heater, fog lamps, air-assisted suspension, radio with a rear speaker, power windows, a six-way power front seat, power door locks and whitewall tires;
• one of a mere 29 produced and one of only 10 known survivors, this 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan features a superb restoration finished in a cream-colored body with beige belt moldings. A Best in Class winner at Pebble Beach, this example is correct in virtually all respects and includes dual sidemounts and an original, unrestored rear-mounted trunk.
Previously announced highlights include:
• the 23rd production example 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra, with an upgraded 289-cid V8 engine fitted with the correct components. Featuring one owner from 1971 to 2011, the Cobra has recently received a fresh restoration and is in fantastic running and driving order;
• a stylish 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona originally delivered new to Italy and fitted with factory air conditioning. Featuring a well-maintained restoration and a recent full mechanical service, the Daytona is the ideal ride for high speed grand touring, just as it was when new;
• a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, one of only 343 produced, featuring a Heritage Blue paintjob with Epic Orange stripes and a mere 81 original miles. The car is also equipped with all four available options—LeMans style body stripes, McIntosh CD stereo system, lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheels and color-matched Brembo brake calipers.
Especially fitting for an auction in Southern Florida is a bevy of woodies. Leading the group is a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible, one of only approximately 400 convertible New Yorkers built, featuring an elegant wood-and-metal-body with a 323.5-cid, 135-horsepower engine. A recently restored 1947 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible and a professionally restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Station Wagon finished in Fog Green round out the Chrysler woodie offerings. Also crossing the block is a 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Sportsman Convertible in correct Dynamic Maroon with Golden Tan leather upholstery and a tan canvas power top. This example was recognized in 2012 by the Early Ford V-8 Club, receiving the Dearborn Award for Restoration. A 1940 Ford Deluxe Station Wagon with original wood and paint and a rare third seat and a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon complete the Ford woodie offerings.Event Details
– Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction
Sale dates: March 14-16, 2013
Preview dates: March 13-16, 2013
Location: Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Admission: $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for a weekend pass. Children 12 years of age and under will gain free admission. Please note, the Broward County Convention Center lies within the confines of Port Everglades. Due to new Federal security requirements, you must show your government issued picture identification (Passport or Driver's License) at all security checkpoints to gain access to the Convention Center.
| Recent Articles|
|MECUM AUCTIONS' 10-DAY, 3,000-CAR AUCTION SLATED FOR JANUARY 6-15• World's Largest Collector-Car Auction Returns to Kissimmee, Florida, with Superb Lineup|
WALWORTH, Wis. – Dec. 1, 2016 – Mecum Auctions, the world's largest collector-car auction company, will offer more than 3,000 classic and collector cars in the Sunshine State this Jan. 6-15, when it hosts its biggest auction of the year: Mecum Kissimmee 2017. This year's docket is flush with world-class collections of some of the most significant early muscle cars and vintage drag cars e....
|SSANGYONG APPOINTS NEW DEALER FOR GREATER MANCHESTER◾Premier SsangYong joins the SsangYong network|
◾Six model range all backed by a 5 year limitless mileage warranty
The SsangYong range of 4x4s and SUVs is now available in Hyde, following the appointment of Premier SsangYong.
The dealership will operate the SsangYong franchise from its premises at Pitt Street, Hyde, Greater Manchester SK14 2AT.
Welcoming the company to the network, Paul Williams, CEO of SsangYong Motor UK said: 'We and our dealers are focused on giving customers great s....
|THE ALL-NEW FORD F-150 RAPTOR TACKLES BAJA 1000, THEN DRIVES THE LONG WAY HOME◾A fully street-legal stock 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor completed the 49th SCORE Baja 1000 in 35:59:08 – placing third overall in the stock full class competition – the same truck that is now headed to Ford dealers.|
◾Ford Performance and Greg Foutz Motorsports raced a pre-production 2017 F-150 Raptor – the toughest, smartest, most capable Raptor ever – full-tilt across 850 miles of rocks, potholes and miles and miles of sand and dust
◾Having proven its robustness and performance as part of the Ford....
|PORSCHE 918 SPYDER LEADS THE WAY AT MECUM ANAHEIM• More than 300 Collector Cars sold in sun-splashed Southern California|
WALWORTH, Wis. – Nov. 22, 2016 – Collector-car and Road Art® enthusiasts placed winning bids in excess of $11 million when Mecum Auctions returned to Anaheim, California, this past weekend. Over the course of three days, bidders took home 308 cars and 221 pieces of Road Art.
While muscle cars, classics and customs were plentiful amongst the vehicles changing hands in sunny SoCal, it was 887-horses of pu....
|VOLVO XC90 T8 VOTED THE GREEN CHOICE FOR PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS◾XC90 T8 plug-in hybrid crowned Green Car of the Year at the Professional Driver Car of the Year Awards|
◾Honoured for its luxuriousness, affordable running costs and low CO2 emissions
◾Volvo's comprehensive chauffeur programme also praised
The Volvo XC90 T8 Twin Engine Inscription has been voted Green Car of the Year at the 2016 Professional Driver Car of the Year Awards.
The awards celebrate the best in the private hire, chauffeur and taxi industry, and the Green Car of the Year categor....
|SSANGYONG APPOINTS NEW DEALER FOR LEICESTER◾Unity Leicester joins the SsangYong network|
◾Six model range all backed by a 5 year limitless mileage warranty
The SsangYong range of 4x4s and SUVs is now available in Leicester, following the appointment of Unity Leicester.
The dealership will operate the SsangYong franchise from its premises at 459 Aylestone Road, Leicester LE2 8TB.
Welcoming the company to the network, Paul Williams, CEO of SsangYong Motor UK said: 'We and our dealers are focused on giving customers great service, ....
|PRICING AND SPECIFICATION REVEALED FOR MERCEDES-AMG GT ROADSTER AND GT R◾Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster available from £110,145|
◾Range-topping Mercedes-AMG GT R costs £143,245
The new Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster is now on sale, priced from £110,145. The AMG GT C Roadster starts at £139,445, while the AMG GT R is available from £143,245.
The GT range features a 4.0-litre biturbo V8 engine; in the GT Roadster this generates 476 hp, while the GT C Roadster adds an additional 81 hp (557 hp). The GT Roadster can sprint from 0 to 62 mph in 4.0 seconds, while in the GT C Roa....
|High-End Summit – The First Maybach Cabriolet and the Most Powerful E-Class EverFuel consumption, combined: 12.0 – 8.6 l/100 km; Electric power consumption: 12.9 kWh/100 km; Combined CO2 emissions: 272 - 0 g/km|
Los Angeles. At the 2016 LA Auto Show, Mercedes-Benz Cars is presenting two new models from the very pinnacle of their respective classes. Celebrating their world premieres are the first cabriolet from luxury brand Mercedes-Maybach along with the most powerful E-Class ever, which sees Mercedes-AMG set the new benchmark in the performance segment. Whi....
|2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio|
|2017 Acura NSX|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio|
|2017 Audi A5 Cabriolet|
|2017 Audi A5 Sportback|
|2017 Audi S5|
|2017 Audi S5 Sportback|
|2017 Cadillac DPi-V.R Prototype|
|2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS Slammer Concept|