THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY
• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.comAUBURN, Indiana (Feb. 26, 2014
)– As the Fort Lauderdale sale nears (March 14-16), Auctions America is thrilled to announce the addition of a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird to its growing line up of consignments. Made legendary because of its racing heritage, the desirable muscle car joins nearly 500 collector cars set for the auction block in Florida, including the previously announced 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra and 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition with a mere 81 miles.
'The sale has developed a reputation as South Florida's premier collector car auction and we're more excited than ever going into our twelfth year in Fort Lauderdale,' said Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America. 'The quality of our consignments increases every year and our dedicated team of specialists has ensured that Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event is the perfect place for buyers to find their next car – from highly original, low mileage examples to concours-level restorations and more.'
Built as Chrysler's only hope of beating Ford on the superspeedways, the Plymouth Superbird was designed to reduce aerodynamic drag and the sloped nose and enormous rear wing are now a stock car racing icon. This particular 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird is one of only 135 built with the desirable 426-cid, 425-horsepower Hemi V8 engine. Presented in Blue Fire Metallic with a bucket seat interior displayed in Black and Charcoal, additional features include a black vinyl roof, tinted windshield, tachometer, AM radio, performance axle package, wood grain console, power steering and front discs brakes.Additional highlight vehicle consignments include:
• a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible documented as being a 'one of one' factory-built example displayed in the elegant color combination of Kensington Green with a white convertible top and interior. Along with the rare bucket seat option, standard Eldorado equipment includes a heater, fog lamps, air-assisted suspension, radio with a rear speaker, power windows, a six-way power front seat, power door locks and whitewall tires;
• one of a mere 29 produced and one of only 10 known survivors, this 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan features a superb restoration finished in a cream-colored body with beige belt moldings. A Best in Class winner at Pebble Beach, this example is correct in virtually all respects and includes dual sidemounts and an original, unrestored rear-mounted trunk.
Previously announced highlights include:
• the 23rd production example 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra, with an upgraded 289-cid V8 engine fitted with the correct components. Featuring one owner from 1971 to 2011, the Cobra has recently received a fresh restoration and is in fantastic running and driving order;
• a stylish 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona originally delivered new to Italy and fitted with factory air conditioning. Featuring a well-maintained restoration and a recent full mechanical service, the Daytona is the ideal ride for high speed grand touring, just as it was when new;
• a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, one of only 343 produced, featuring a Heritage Blue paintjob with Epic Orange stripes and a mere 81 original miles. The car is also equipped with all four available options—LeMans style body stripes, McIntosh CD stereo system, lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheels and color-matched Brembo brake calipers.
Especially fitting for an auction in Southern Florida is a bevy of woodies. Leading the group is a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible, one of only approximately 400 convertible New Yorkers built, featuring an elegant wood-and-metal-body with a 323.5-cid, 135-horsepower engine. A recently restored 1947 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible and a professionally restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Station Wagon finished in Fog Green round out the Chrysler woodie offerings. Also crossing the block is a 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Sportsman Convertible in correct Dynamic Maroon with Golden Tan leather upholstery and a tan canvas power top. This example was recognized in 2012 by the Early Ford V-8 Club, receiving the Dearborn Award for Restoration. A 1940 Ford Deluxe Station Wagon with original wood and paint and a rare third seat and a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon complete the Ford woodie offerings.Event Details
– Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction
Sale dates: March 14-16, 2013
Preview dates: March 13-16, 2013
Location: Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Admission: $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for a weekend pass. Children 12 years of age and under will gain free admission. Please note, the Broward County Convention Center lies within the confines of Port Everglades. Due to new Federal security requirements, you must show your government issued picture identification (Passport or Driver's License) at all security checkpoints to gain access to the Convention Center.
| Recent Articles|
|KIA INTRODUCES POWERFUL NEW SOUL 1.6 T-GDI AND UPDATES SOUL MODEL LINE-UP◾New Soul variant powered by 201 bhp 1.6-litre T-GDI|
◾Engine paired with fast-shifting seven-speed double-clutch transmission
◾Design complements enhanced performance
◾Newsafety features, and Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™ integration
◾Upgraded Soul and Soul 1.6 T-GDI on sale in UK from late 2016
Kia has announced details of a range of upgrades to the Soul compact SUV, and the introduction of a powerful new 201 bhp 1.6-litre T-GDI engine variant, the most powerful Soul ever engineered b....
|RACE-INSPIRED PERFORMANCE MEETS GROWN-UP MOTORING: THE NEW MINI JOHN COOPER WORKS CLUBMAN◾Acceleration enhanced by ALL4 all-wheel drive system for incredible versatility|
◾First MINI to combine latest version of John Cooper Works performance enhancements and new ALL4 all-wheel drive system
◾Newest member of the MINI product line goes on sale in U.S. in December 2016
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – September 20, 2016 – MINI USA introduced today the newest addition to its iconic product line, the new 2017 MINI John Cooper Works Clubman. With a motorsport-inspired turbocharged four-cyl....
|Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas To Feature Iconic American Muscle, Including First Two Pontiac Firebirds•The 1967 Pontiac Firebird #001 (preview) and #002 (preview) are the first two Firebirds ever built by Pontiac and will be sold as a pair.|
•Other highlights include a matching-numbers, all-original 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback (preview) with only 21,400 miles and a 1968 Ford Shelby GT500 Convertible (preview) in Acapulco Blue.
•'The EPA Bird,' a 1970 Plymouth Superbird purchased by the EPA to perform air-quality tests, is a piece of American automotive history crossing the block in Las ....
|Barrett-Jackson's Ninth Annual Las Vegas Auction Set To Light Up The Strip With New Layout, Incredible Docket•The 9th Annual Las Vegas Auction will feature a new layout, with the auction, sponsors and exhibitors, as well as automobiles on display in the same building at Mandalay Bay|
•The Tammy Allen Collection, featuring over 80 vehicles, will be sold at No Reserve
•The docket includes an incredible line up of collector cars, including a 2009 Mosler MT900 GTR (preview) also known as the 'IAD Land Shark' and a 1999 Shelby Series 1 Convertible (preview)
LAS VEGAS – Aug 30, 2016 – Barrett-Jack....
|LAND VS AIR: JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE SRT DEFEATS AEROBATIC TWISTER PLANE IN ‘ULTIMATE' HOT LAP◾Jeep's high-performance Grand Cherokee SRT races aerobatic plane around course|
◾Stunt inspired by HEMI engine's 'fighter plane' heritage
◾Grand Cherokee SRT and plane hit speeds of 140mph
◾Race took place around Blyton Park Driving Centre, Lincolnshire
◾View all the action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBLxyu9B9Ws
◾Starting price for Grand Cherokee SRT: £66,865 OTR
Jeep has displayed the raw power and speed of its 6.4L V8 HEMI engined Grand Cherokee SRT by becoming the first 4x4....
|MECUM CHICAGO 2016 COLLECTOR CAR AUCTION SET FOR OCT. 6-8• 1,000 Vehicles Slated to be Auctioned at Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center|
Walworth, Wis. – Sept. 13, 2016 – In 1988, Mecum Auctions held its first-ever auction at the Rockford Airport, and the company's presence in Chicagoland has since grown. Today, Mecum Auctions stands as the host of the area's only annual collector-car auction. Mecum Chicago 2016 will return to the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center on Oct. 6-8 featuring an estimated 1,000 collector cars headl....
|MORE THAN 50 DEBUTS CONFIRMED FOR 2016 LA AUTO SHOW'S AUTOMOBILITY LA™ NOV. 14-17• 20 Global Vehicle Debuts by Leading Automakers and Startups Include 3D-Printed Supercar and Self-Driving Electric Microbus|
LOS ANGELES, Sept. 8, 2016 -- The LA Auto Show® announced today that it expects more than 50 vehicles to be unveiled in front of media, analysts and industry executives during its trade show, AutoMobility LATM, taking place November 14-17, 2016, at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
While nearly every automaker is slated to unveil products and/or make s....
|Auctions America Continues Strong Labor Day Tradition with $21.55 Million in Sales and Record Crowds at Auburn Fall• A family affair: Record crowds of more than 85,000 enthusiasts flock to Auctions America's Auburn Fall Collector Car Weekend, August 31 – September 4|
• Multi-day auction generates $21.55 million in sales, highlighted by diverse pair of Model J Duesenbergs
• Wendell the Mechanical Elephant and custom Auburn Fall Championship belt raise more than $90,000 for charity
• Complete Auburn Fall results available at www.auctionsamerica.com
AUBURN, Indiana (September 6, 2016) – Auction....
|2017 Acura NSX|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio|
|2017 Fiat 124 Spider|
|2017 Fiat 124 Spider Elaborazione Abarth|
|2017 Kia Sportage|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz AMG E 43 4MATIC Estate|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz AMG SLC43|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA45|