THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY
• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.comAUBURN, Indiana (Feb. 26, 2014
)– As the Fort Lauderdale sale nears (March 14-16), Auctions America is thrilled to announce the addition of a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird to its growing line up of consignments. Made legendary because of its racing heritage, the desirable muscle car joins nearly 500 collector cars set for the auction block in Florida, including the previously announced 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra and 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition with a mere 81 miles.
'The sale has developed a reputation as South Florida's premier collector car auction and we're more excited than ever going into our twelfth year in Fort Lauderdale,' said Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America. 'The quality of our consignments increases every year and our dedicated team of specialists has ensured that Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event is the perfect place for buyers to find their next car – from highly original, low mileage examples to concours-level restorations and more.'
Built as Chrysler's only hope of beating Ford on the superspeedways, the Plymouth Superbird was designed to reduce aerodynamic drag and the sloped nose and enormous rear wing are now a stock car racing icon. This particular 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird is one of only 135 built with the desirable 426-cid, 425-horsepower Hemi V8 engine. Presented in Blue Fire Metallic with a bucket seat interior displayed in Black and Charcoal, additional features include a black vinyl roof, tinted windshield, tachometer, AM radio, performance axle package, wood grain console, power steering and front discs brakes.Additional highlight vehicle consignments include:
• a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible documented as being a 'one of one' factory-built example displayed in the elegant color combination of Kensington Green with a white convertible top and interior. Along with the rare bucket seat option, standard Eldorado equipment includes a heater, fog lamps, air-assisted suspension, radio with a rear speaker, power windows, a six-way power front seat, power door locks and whitewall tires;
• one of a mere 29 produced and one of only 10 known survivors, this 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan features a superb restoration finished in a cream-colored body with beige belt moldings. A Best in Class winner at Pebble Beach, this example is correct in virtually all respects and includes dual sidemounts and an original, unrestored rear-mounted trunk.
Previously announced highlights include:
• the 23rd production example 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra, with an upgraded 289-cid V8 engine fitted with the correct components. Featuring one owner from 1971 to 2011, the Cobra has recently received a fresh restoration and is in fantastic running and driving order;
• a stylish 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona originally delivered new to Italy and fitted with factory air conditioning. Featuring a well-maintained restoration and a recent full mechanical service, the Daytona is the ideal ride for high speed grand touring, just as it was when new;
• a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, one of only 343 produced, featuring a Heritage Blue paintjob with Epic Orange stripes and a mere 81 original miles. The car is also equipped with all four available options—LeMans style body stripes, McIntosh CD stereo system, lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheels and color-matched Brembo brake calipers.
Especially fitting for an auction in Southern Florida is a bevy of woodies. Leading the group is a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible, one of only approximately 400 convertible New Yorkers built, featuring an elegant wood-and-metal-body with a 323.5-cid, 135-horsepower engine. A recently restored 1947 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible and a professionally restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Station Wagon finished in Fog Green round out the Chrysler woodie offerings. Also crossing the block is a 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Sportsman Convertible in correct Dynamic Maroon with Golden Tan leather upholstery and a tan canvas power top. This example was recognized in 2012 by the Early Ford V-8 Club, receiving the Dearborn Award for Restoration. A 1940 Ford Deluxe Station Wagon with original wood and paint and a rare third seat and a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon complete the Ford woodie offerings.Event Details
– Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction
Sale dates: March 14-16, 2013
Preview dates: March 13-16, 2013
Location: Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Admission: $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for a weekend pass. Children 12 years of age and under will gain free admission. Please note, the Broward County Convention Center lies within the confines of Port Everglades. Due to new Federal security requirements, you must show your government issued picture identification (Passport or Driver's License) at all security checkpoints to gain access to the Convention Center.
| Recent Articles|
|Collector Cars in Santa Monica: Auctions America's California Sale Finds New Home at the Historic Barker Hangar• Auctions America's California sale moves to an exciting new venue in Santa Monica |
• Held July 17-18, 2015 event follows two highly successful Auctions America sales in Southern California in 2013 and 2014
• Multi-day auction to feature diverse roster of 300 quality vehicles, catering for collectors of all genres
• Early highlights led by a private San Diego Collection of 50s and 60s American Classics
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at auctionsamerica.com
|Gooding & Company Brings Legendary Maserati 200 SI to Headline Amelia Island AuctionHistorical and exotic automobiles from Fiat and Lotus will also cross the block this March |
Santa Monica, CA (February 5, 2015) - Gooding & Company, the auction house acclaimed for selling the world's most significant and valuable collector cars, is thrilled to announce the presentation of three legendary motorcars to its Amelia Island Auction. Offerings include an iconic, champion Maserati driven by some of the greatest names in motor sport history and limited-production exampl....
|LATE MODEL COLLECTIBLES JOIN IMPRESSIVE LIST OF ENTRIES FOR AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE• Auctions America prepares for its first auction of the 2015 season, March 27-29 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale is expected to feature approximately 500 vehicles
• Auction places spotlight on late model collectibles, highlighted by a pair of Ford GTs and a 2008 Shelby GT 500 Super Snake Prototype Convertible
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at auctionsamerica.com
|MULTI-RECORD-SMASHING MECUM AUCTION IN KISSIMMEE10-Day Auction Approaching $70 Million in Sales|
WALWORTH, Wis. – Jan. 28, 2015 – At the epicenter of central Florida in the land where dreams come true and lifelong memories are made, Mecum Auctions made history with its first collector car auction of 2015. Total sales for the 10-day event approach the $70-million mark, currently standing at $68,801,987. Of the 2,404 vehicles that crossed the auction block, 1,772 hammered sold for a commanding sell-through rate of 74 percent.....
|1960 FERRARI 400 SUPERAMERICA SWB CABRIOLET HEADLINES STUNNING LIST OF EUROPEAN SPORTS-TOURING CARS AT RM'S AMELIA ISLAND SALE• RM Auctions announces additional highlights for its Amelia Island, Florida sale, March 14|
• Recent entries led by a 1960 Ferrari 400 Superamerica SWB Cabriolet, one of the most valuable automobiles ever offered during the Amelia Island weekend
• The official auction of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, single-day RM sale lifts gavel more than 90 automobiles
• Premier offerings showcased at http://m.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (January 27, 2015) – Fresh on the hee....
|RK Motors Charlotte Acquires Iconic '66 Le Mans-Winning P/1064 GT40Historic Racecar Undergoes 20-Month Restoration That Will Culminate With Appearance at 2016 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance |
CHARLOTTE (January 20, 2015) — RK Motors Charlotte today announced it has purchased one of motorsports history's most iconic racecars – the 1966 LeMans-winning #2, P/1064 GT40, the first American-built car to win endurance racing's most prestigious competition.
The company also revealed a comprehensive, 20-month restoration has begun, culminating with....
|BARRETT-JACKSON REACHES HISTORIC HIGHS FOR SALES, CROWDS AND CELEBRITY APPEARANCES IN SCOTTSDALE• Barrett-Jackson sold 1,611 vehicles, which went for more than $130 million (unaudited), smashing records in the company's 44-year history during the 10-day auction at WestWorld of Scottsdale|
• Automobilia sales nearly tripled world records, with 2,000 pieces selling for more than $6.55 million
• Celebrity attendance and crowds, along with ratings on Discovery and Velocity, spike
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Jan. 18, 2015 – Barrett-Jackson, The World's Greatest Collector Car AuctionsTM, reac....
|Dream Car Saturday Ready to Launch at Russo and Steele's 15th Anniversary Scottsdale Auction Event!Scottsdale, Arizona (January 17, 2015) – Following 2 great days of record attendance, stratospheric sell through and a world class seminar moderated by SEMA Hall of Fame member Wade Kawasaki and featuring an all-star panel of guest experts which included such noted personalities as Wayne Carini from TV's Chasing Classic Cars, McKeel Hagerty of Hagerty Insurance, Jim Menneto from Hemmings Motor News, and Oscar Pereda from Michelin North America, we prepare to enter our exclusive gladiator....|
|2016 Cadillac ATS-V|
|2016 Cadillac CTS-V|
|2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350|
|2016 Mazda MX-5 Accessories Design Concept|
|2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider|
|2015 Aston Martin Vulcan|
|2015 BMW B4 Bi-Turbo|
|2015 BMW X4|
|2015 Buick Regal|
|2015 Cadillac ATS-V Coupe|