THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY
• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.comAUBURN, Indiana (Feb. 26, 2014
)– As the Fort Lauderdale sale nears (March 14-16), Auctions America is thrilled to announce the addition of a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird to its growing line up of consignments. Made legendary because of its racing heritage, the desirable muscle car joins nearly 500 collector cars set for the auction block in Florida, including the previously announced 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra and 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition with a mere 81 miles.
'The sale has developed a reputation as South Florida's premier collector car auction and we're more excited than ever going into our twelfth year in Fort Lauderdale,' said Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America. 'The quality of our consignments increases every year and our dedicated team of specialists has ensured that Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event is the perfect place for buyers to find their next car – from highly original, low mileage examples to concours-level restorations and more.'
Built as Chrysler's only hope of beating Ford on the superspeedways, the Plymouth Superbird was designed to reduce aerodynamic drag and the sloped nose and enormous rear wing are now a stock car racing icon. This particular 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird is one of only 135 built with the desirable 426-cid, 425-horsepower Hemi V8 engine. Presented in Blue Fire Metallic with a bucket seat interior displayed in Black and Charcoal, additional features include a black vinyl roof, tinted windshield, tachometer, AM radio, performance axle package, wood grain console, power steering and front discs brakes.Additional highlight vehicle consignments include:
• a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible documented as being a 'one of one' factory-built example displayed in the elegant color combination of Kensington Green with a white convertible top and interior. Along with the rare bucket seat option, standard Eldorado equipment includes a heater, fog lamps, air-assisted suspension, radio with a rear speaker, power windows, a six-way power front seat, power door locks and whitewall tires;
• one of a mere 29 produced and one of only 10 known survivors, this 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan features a superb restoration finished in a cream-colored body with beige belt moldings. A Best in Class winner at Pebble Beach, this example is correct in virtually all respects and includes dual sidemounts and an original, unrestored rear-mounted trunk.
Previously announced highlights include:
• the 23rd production example 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra, with an upgraded 289-cid V8 engine fitted with the correct components. Featuring one owner from 1971 to 2011, the Cobra has recently received a fresh restoration and is in fantastic running and driving order;
• a stylish 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona originally delivered new to Italy and fitted with factory air conditioning. Featuring a well-maintained restoration and a recent full mechanical service, the Daytona is the ideal ride for high speed grand touring, just as it was when new;
• a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, one of only 343 produced, featuring a Heritage Blue paintjob with Epic Orange stripes and a mere 81 original miles. The car is also equipped with all four available options—LeMans style body stripes, McIntosh CD stereo system, lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheels and color-matched Brembo brake calipers.
Especially fitting for an auction in Southern Florida is a bevy of woodies. Leading the group is a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible, one of only approximately 400 convertible New Yorkers built, featuring an elegant wood-and-metal-body with a 323.5-cid, 135-horsepower engine. A recently restored 1947 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible and a professionally restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Station Wagon finished in Fog Green round out the Chrysler woodie offerings. Also crossing the block is a 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Sportsman Convertible in correct Dynamic Maroon with Golden Tan leather upholstery and a tan canvas power top. This example was recognized in 2012 by the Early Ford V-8 Club, receiving the Dearborn Award for Restoration. A 1940 Ford Deluxe Station Wagon with original wood and paint and a rare third seat and a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon complete the Ford woodie offerings.Event Details
– Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction
Sale dates: March 14-16, 2013
Preview dates: March 13-16, 2013
Location: Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Admission: $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for a weekend pass. Children 12 years of age and under will gain free admission. Please note, the Broward County Convention Center lies within the confines of Port Everglades. Due to new Federal security requirements, you must show your government issued picture identification (Passport or Driver's License) at all security checkpoints to gain access to the Convention Center.
| Recent Articles|
|Triple whammy for the 500 Mondial• From restoration in Maranello to victory at Pebble Beach|
Maranello, 30 September – It got to Pebble Beach by the skin of its teeth, barely a week before the legendary Concours d'Elegance, but then it dominated the scene, winning no less than three prizes in two days on the Pacific coast. We're referring, of course, to Tom Peck's 500 Mondial which won First in Class in its category and then, just a day later, took the Platinum Award and the Phil Hill Trophy at the Ferrari Club ....
|POSTER CARS AND MODERN COLLECTIBLES SHARE THE SPOTLIGHT AT AUCTIONS AMERICA'S DEBUT HILTON HEAD ISLAND SALE• Auctions America readies for debut Hilton Head Island sale, October 31 in South Carolina|
• The official auction of the Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival and Concours d'Elegance, boutique afternoon sale features more than 100 blue-chip vehicles and select automobilia
• Latest highlights include a superb group of poster cars from the 70s and 80s, along with an exciting host of modern collectibles
• Digital catalog with select feature lots now available at www.auctionsamerica.com
|MUSCLE CARS, CORVETTES AND MORE AT MECUM'S CHICAGO AUCTION, OCT. 8-101,000 Collector Cars to be Auctioned at Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center|
Walworth, Wis. – Sept. 30, 2015 – The return of the Mecum Chicago auction this Oct. 8-10 to the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center will feature an estimated 1,000 collector cars headlined by American muscle cars, classics, Corvettes, hot rods, Resto Mods and more.
The auction is open to buyers, sellers and spectators. Bidder registration is $100 and includes admission for the bidder and one gu....
|LAMBORGHINI BLANCPAIN SUPER TROFEO NORTH AMERICA COMPETITION HEATS UP IN FINAL STRETCHBRASELTON, Ga. (Sept. 28, 2015) - The Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo North America | series heads into the final stretch of its exciting 2015 season with two rounds of racing Sept. 30- | Oct. 2 at | Road Atlanta, recognized as one of the world's best road courses.|
The North American series, in its third season, will make its second stop at the 12-turn, 2.54-mile circuit. Last season Road Atlanta hosted the final two, championship-deciding rounds.
The weekend will showcase two 50....
|CHRYSLER BRAND CELEBRATES 90 YEARS OF STYLE, ENGINEERING INNOVATION AND GROUNDBREAKING PRODUCTSSeptember 22, 2015 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Six, Airflow, Imperial, New Yorker, 300 and Town & Country are just some of the nameplates that mark the rich history of the Chrysler brand.|
2015 marks the 90th anniversary of Chrysler, which was founded on June 6, 1925, by Walter P. Chrysler. Chrysler represents more than a brand – it symbolizes the people behind the products, and the influence of its founder can still be felt today.
Walter P. Chrysler built a company and a bran....
|BRASS AND CLASSIC ERA RARITIES SET FOR RM SOTHEBY'S HERSHEY SALE• RM Sotheby's readies for highly anticipated Hershey, Pennsylvania sale, October 8-9 |
• Perfectly matched to the AACA Fall Meet setting, latest highlights comprise early American and European motoring rarities, including a 1913 Pierce-Arrow Model 66-A Seven-Passenger Touring and a 1914 Rolls-Royce 40/50 HP Silver Ghost Landaulette
• Complete digital catalogue now available at www.rmsothebys.com
BLENHEIM, ON (September 17, 2015) – RM Sotheby's, the world's largest collector car aucti....
|ROLLS-ROYCE CELEBRATES RECORD 2015 GOODWOOD REVIVAL17 September 2015, Goodwood Rolls-Royce Motor Cars celebrated a record Goodwood Revival over the weekend. The manufacturer of super-luxury motor cars hosted customers, prospects and VIPs and also entertained the tens of thousands of visitors to the world's most popular historic motor race meeting in true Rolls-Royce style.|
The Rolls-Royce Radford building at the March Motor Works – this year titled 'March Mews SW1' – presented an appropriate tribute to the 'Finishing Shop' of Harold R....
|BREMBO PRESENTS A NEW FAMILY OF CALIPERS FOR HIGH-END CARS AT FRANKFURT MOTOR SHOWAt the IAA, Brembo launches a new five opening caliper with an eight percent weight reduction while maintaining stiffness|
Frankfurt, Sept. 15, 2015 – Brembo, a world leader in the design and manufacture of braking systems for the automotive industry, presents a new family of aluminium calipers for high-end cars at the 66th International Motor Show in Frankfurt (IAA), September 15-16.
The new fixed caliper, available in 17-inch (5.9 kilograms), 18-inch (7.7 kilograms) and 19....
|2016 BMW 7-Series|
|2016 Buick Regal|
|2016 Cadillac ATS-V|
|2016 Cadillac CTS-V|
|2016 Cadillac ELR|
|2016 Cadillac XTS|
|2016 Chevrolet Camaro|
|2016 Chevrolet Corvette|
|2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z06|
|2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition|