THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY
• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.comAUBURN, Indiana (Feb. 26, 2014
)– As the Fort Lauderdale sale nears (March 14-16), Auctions America is thrilled to announce the addition of a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird to its growing line up of consignments. Made legendary because of its racing heritage, the desirable muscle car joins nearly 500 collector cars set for the auction block in Florida, including the previously announced 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra and 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition with a mere 81 miles.
'The sale has developed a reputation as South Florida's premier collector car auction and we're more excited than ever going into our twelfth year in Fort Lauderdale,' said Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America. 'The quality of our consignments increases every year and our dedicated team of specialists has ensured that Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event is the perfect place for buyers to find their next car – from highly original, low mileage examples to concours-level restorations and more.'
Built as Chrysler's only hope of beating Ford on the superspeedways, the Plymouth Superbird was designed to reduce aerodynamic drag and the sloped nose and enormous rear wing are now a stock car racing icon. This particular 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird is one of only 135 built with the desirable 426-cid, 425-horsepower Hemi V8 engine. Presented in Blue Fire Metallic with a bucket seat interior displayed in Black and Charcoal, additional features include a black vinyl roof, tinted windshield, tachometer, AM radio, performance axle package, wood grain console, power steering and front discs brakes.Additional highlight vehicle consignments include:
• a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible documented as being a 'one of one' factory-built example displayed in the elegant color combination of Kensington Green with a white convertible top and interior. Along with the rare bucket seat option, standard Eldorado equipment includes a heater, fog lamps, air-assisted suspension, radio with a rear speaker, power windows, a six-way power front seat, power door locks and whitewall tires;
• one of a mere 29 produced and one of only 10 known survivors, this 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan features a superb restoration finished in a cream-colored body with beige belt moldings. A Best in Class winner at Pebble Beach, this example is correct in virtually all respects and includes dual sidemounts and an original, unrestored rear-mounted trunk.
Previously announced highlights include:
• the 23rd production example 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra, with an upgraded 289-cid V8 engine fitted with the correct components. Featuring one owner from 1971 to 2011, the Cobra has recently received a fresh restoration and is in fantastic running and driving order;
• a stylish 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona originally delivered new to Italy and fitted with factory air conditioning. Featuring a well-maintained restoration and a recent full mechanical service, the Daytona is the ideal ride for high speed grand touring, just as it was when new;
• a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, one of only 343 produced, featuring a Heritage Blue paintjob with Epic Orange stripes and a mere 81 original miles. The car is also equipped with all four available options—LeMans style body stripes, McIntosh CD stereo system, lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheels and color-matched Brembo brake calipers.
Especially fitting for an auction in Southern Florida is a bevy of woodies. Leading the group is a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible, one of only approximately 400 convertible New Yorkers built, featuring an elegant wood-and-metal-body with a 323.5-cid, 135-horsepower engine. A recently restored 1947 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible and a professionally restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Station Wagon finished in Fog Green round out the Chrysler woodie offerings. Also crossing the block is a 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Sportsman Convertible in correct Dynamic Maroon with Golden Tan leather upholstery and a tan canvas power top. This example was recognized in 2012 by the Early Ford V-8 Club, receiving the Dearborn Award for Restoration. A 1940 Ford Deluxe Station Wagon with original wood and paint and a rare third seat and a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon complete the Ford woodie offerings.Event Details
– Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction
Sale dates: March 14-16, 2013
Preview dates: March 13-16, 2013
Location: Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Admission: $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for a weekend pass. Children 12 years of age and under will gain free admission. Please note, the Broward County Convention Center lies within the confines of Port Everglades. Due to new Federal security requirements, you must show your government issued picture identification (Passport or Driver's License) at all security checkpoints to gain access to the Convention Center.
| Recent Articles|
|AUCTION OF FIRST 2016 CADILLAC CT6 TO BENEFIT KARMANOS CANCER INSTITUTEDETROIT – The first retail production 2016 Cadillac CT6 will be auctioned Friday evening to benefit the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute. The Barrett-Jackson auction house will present the CT6 during its 13th Annual Palm Beach Auction in Palm Beach, Fla.|
The auction extends General Motors' long-standing support of the Karmanos Cancer Institute, one of 41 National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer centers in the country.
All proceeds from the CT6 auction will supp....
|BREMBO FORMULA 1 BAHRAIN BRAKE FACTSDETROIT, (Apr. 17, 2015) – Brembo continues its initiative of developing and providing brake facts for each of the 20 races on the Formula One calendar. This weekend Formula One heads to Bahrain and the Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix.|
The Bahrain International Circuit is one of the most demanding circuits for brakes. The races on the Sakhir track, surrounded by the desert, are characterized by high temperatures that increase mechanical grip and make it difficult to dissipate ....
|Unprecedented Selection of American Classics Highlight RM Sotheby's Andrews Collection Sale• RM Sotheby's counts down to the Paul & Chris Andrews Collection auction, May 2 in Fort Worth, Texas|
• The most significant private automobile collection ever offered at a single-vendor sale, the Andrews catalogue features an outstanding group of 78 vehicles and select memorabilia
• Father-son dynamic results in incredibly diverse roster of automobiles, from superb hot rods to flawless American classics and exquisite sports and GT cars
• Memorabilia offering highlighted by eclectic series o....
|Auctions America Readies for Auburn Spring Collector Car Weekend• A Spring tradition, Auctions America's popular Auburn Spring Collector Car Weekend returns May 7 – 9 to Indiana's Auburn Auction Park|
• Multi-day auction lifts gavel on diverse roster of some 500 quality vehicles
• Sale highlights include an immaculate 1970 Dodge Hemi Challenger R/T Hardtop; an extremely rare 2006 Ford GTX1 TT 'Spyder'; and the Preston Evans Motorcycle Collection
• Weekend also features a car corral and swap meet, along with the return of the AACA Special National Spring Me....
|BREMBO FORMULA 1 CHINA BRAKE FACTSDETROIT, (Apr. 9, 2015) – Brembo continues its initiative of developing and providing brake facts for each of the 20 races on the Formula One calendar. This weekend Formula One heads to China and the Formula 1 UBS Chinese Grand Prix.|
The Shanghai Circuit is considered a light braking 16-turn circuit, Turn 14 at the end of the straight stretch, is the one that subjects the drivers and cars to a violent deceleration of more than 4Gs. The circuit is not very critical for brakes on the ....
|Dominique Crenn, Stephanie Izard and Carlton McCoy Add Flavor to Lexus Culinary Masters Team• Three New Epicurean Partners Join Automaker's Dynamic Culinary Roster|
TORRANCE, Calif. (April 6, 2015)—Lexus has announced three celebrated additions to its growing team of Lexus Culinary Masters: Dominique Crenn, chef/owner of San Francisco's Atelier Crenn; Stephanie Izard, chef/partner of Chicago's Girl & the Goat and Little Goat; and Carlton McCoy, master sommelier/wine director of Aspen's The Little Nell. The Lexus Culinary Masters partner with Lexus on marketing initia....
|2016 Cadillac ATS-V|
|2016 Cadillac CTS-V|
|2016 Ford Focus RS|
|2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350|
|2016 Mazda MX-5 Accessories Design Concept|
|2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Club|
|2016 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE63|
|2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE|
|2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider|
|2015 Aston Martin Vulcan|