THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY
• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.comAUBURN, Indiana (Feb. 26, 2014
)– As the Fort Lauderdale sale nears (March 14-16), Auctions America is thrilled to announce the addition of a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird to its growing line up of consignments. Made legendary because of its racing heritage, the desirable muscle car joins nearly 500 collector cars set for the auction block in Florida, including the previously announced 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra and 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition with a mere 81 miles.
'The sale has developed a reputation as South Florida's premier collector car auction and we're more excited than ever going into our twelfth year in Fort Lauderdale,' said Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America. 'The quality of our consignments increases every year and our dedicated team of specialists has ensured that Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event is the perfect place for buyers to find their next car – from highly original, low mileage examples to concours-level restorations and more.'
Built as Chrysler's only hope of beating Ford on the superspeedways, the Plymouth Superbird was designed to reduce aerodynamic drag and the sloped nose and enormous rear wing are now a stock car racing icon. This particular 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird is one of only 135 built with the desirable 426-cid, 425-horsepower Hemi V8 engine. Presented in Blue Fire Metallic with a bucket seat interior displayed in Black and Charcoal, additional features include a black vinyl roof, tinted windshield, tachometer, AM radio, performance axle package, wood grain console, power steering and front discs brakes.Additional highlight vehicle consignments include:
• a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible documented as being a 'one of one' factory-built example displayed in the elegant color combination of Kensington Green with a white convertible top and interior. Along with the rare bucket seat option, standard Eldorado equipment includes a heater, fog lamps, air-assisted suspension, radio with a rear speaker, power windows, a six-way power front seat, power door locks and whitewall tires;
• one of a mere 29 produced and one of only 10 known survivors, this 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan features a superb restoration finished in a cream-colored body with beige belt moldings. A Best in Class winner at Pebble Beach, this example is correct in virtually all respects and includes dual sidemounts and an original, unrestored rear-mounted trunk.
Previously announced highlights include:
• the 23rd production example 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra, with an upgraded 289-cid V8 engine fitted with the correct components. Featuring one owner from 1971 to 2011, the Cobra has recently received a fresh restoration and is in fantastic running and driving order;
• a stylish 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona originally delivered new to Italy and fitted with factory air conditioning. Featuring a well-maintained restoration and a recent full mechanical service, the Daytona is the ideal ride for high speed grand touring, just as it was when new;
• a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, one of only 343 produced, featuring a Heritage Blue paintjob with Epic Orange stripes and a mere 81 original miles. The car is also equipped with all four available options—LeMans style body stripes, McIntosh CD stereo system, lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheels and color-matched Brembo brake calipers.
Especially fitting for an auction in Southern Florida is a bevy of woodies. Leading the group is a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible, one of only approximately 400 convertible New Yorkers built, featuring an elegant wood-and-metal-body with a 323.5-cid, 135-horsepower engine. A recently restored 1947 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible and a professionally restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Station Wagon finished in Fog Green round out the Chrysler woodie offerings. Also crossing the block is a 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Sportsman Convertible in correct Dynamic Maroon with Golden Tan leather upholstery and a tan canvas power top. This example was recognized in 2012 by the Early Ford V-8 Club, receiving the Dearborn Award for Restoration. A 1940 Ford Deluxe Station Wagon with original wood and paint and a rare third seat and a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon complete the Ford woodie offerings.Event Details
– Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction
Sale dates: March 14-16, 2013
Preview dates: March 13-16, 2013
Location: Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Admission: $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for a weekend pass. Children 12 years of age and under will gain free admission. Please note, the Broward County Convention Center lies within the confines of Port Everglades. Due to new Federal security requirements, you must show your government issued picture identification (Passport or Driver's License) at all security checkpoints to gain access to the Convention Center.
| Recent Articles|
|TWO SHELBY COBRA ROADSTERS REACH $1 MILLION AT DANA MECUM'S 29TH ORIGINAL SPRING CLASSIC AUCTION• 1907 Stoddard-Dayton Headlines Saturday's Consignments|
Indianapolis, Ind. – May 20, 2016 – A 1967 Shelby 427 Cobra Roadster (Lot F124) sold for $1,100,000 and a 1964 Shelby 289 Cobra Roadster (Lot F163) sold for $1,000,000 today at Dana Mecum's 29th Original Spring Classic, the largest muscle car auction in the world, taking place through Saturday, May 21 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds.
Top Sales for Friday, May 20 (all individual sales reflect hammer price):
|BMW MODEL DEBUTS AND UPGRADES FOR SUMMER 2016◾New 340hp BMW M140i and BMW 240i M Performance models top BMW 1 and 2 Series ranges.|
◾BMW 1 Series and BMW 2 Series now benefit from more powerful, efficient engines.
◾New BMW iPerformance range launched, including new 7 Series PHEV models with up to 29 miles all-electric range.
◾Superior connectivity for the six additional model ranges.
◾New equipment and personalisation options.
BMW is upgrading its product range for the 2017 model year with more efficient, stronger-performing new four....
|1951 Ferrari 340 America Barchetta tops the lots at RM Sotheby's €27.5 million Monaco sale• 1951 Ferrari 340 America achieves €7.280.000 in packed auction room at Le Sporting Monte Carlo|
• Six lots achieve prices in excess of €1.000.000
• 1939 Bugatti Type 57 Cabriolet highlights the Quattroruote Collection, achieving €660.800
• 1995 Lamborghini Diablo SE30 Jota also achieved a record price €672,000
• Complete RM Monaco results available at www.rmsothebys.com
• RM Sotheby's continues summer auction calendar in Monterey, California, 19-20 August, closely followed by its 10th annu....
|BREMBO BRAKE FACTS FOR THE GRAND PRIX DE ESPAÑA PIRELLIDETROIT, (May 13, 2016) – Brembo is pleased to continue its initiative dedicated to the media covering the Formula 1 World Championship that shows braking facts for F1 cars specific to each circuit. The Grand Prix de España Pirelli plays host to the fifth race of the 2016 Formula 1 World Championship season from May 13-15 at the Circuit de Bacelona (Catalunya).|
The Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya was built in 1991 and is one that the drivers and engineers are very familiar as it is....
|FERRARI OWNERS CHARITABLE FOUNDATION SUPPORTS MAKE-A-WISH® WITH FIRST OF ITS KIND GOLDEN GATE FERRARI FESTIVAL• World Champion '55 Ferrari 500 Mondial Spyder First Entry Chosen for SF City Hall Extravaganza|
SAN FRANCISCO, May 12, 2016 – Inspired by the mission of helping to make the wishes of children with life-threatening diseases become realities, the Ferrari Owners Group (FOG) and the Ferrari Owners Charitable Foundation (FOCF), are launching the Golden Gate Ferrari Festival, Saturday, September 10th, www.goldengateferrarifestival.com, in the civic heart of San Francisco to benefit Mak....
|MOPAR DREAM CARS ROAR INTO MECUM'S 2016 INDIANAPOLIS AUCTION• Dana Mecum's 29th Original Spring Classic will see plenty of Hemi Power from May 17-21|
Walworth, Wis. – May 10, 2016 – Mopar fans are a dedicated group of enthusiasts who have helped drive incredible demand for vintage Plymouth and Dodge muscle cars throughout the past few years. Lovers of Mopar muscle will be like kids in a candy store at Dana Mecum's 29th annual Original Spring Classic. The auction features at least 30 Hemi-powered cars, such as the Plymouth Hemi Cuda and....
|A NEW SPRING TRADITION: AUCTIONS AMERICA POSTS $7.2 MILLION, WELCOMES STRONG NEW INTEREST AT AUBURN SPRING• Auctions America realizes total sales of $7.2 million at its annual Auburn Spring event, an increase of 40 percent over 2015|
• Top sales led by a 1968 Ferrari 365 GT 2+2, a 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429, and a 1968 Shelby GT 500 Fastback
• Host of additional automotive-themed activities, including Cars & Coffee and appearance by Wayne Carini, bring record crowds
• Complete results from Auburn Spring available at www.auctionsamerica.com
• Auctions America continues its summer calendar with Sa....
|INTRODUCING NEW CITROËN C4 PICASSO & GRAND C4 PICASSO: DESIGNED WITH STYLE & COMFORT IN MINDThe Citroën C4 Picasso range enters a new era this summer, with even more dynamism, distinction and comfort on offer. Boasting a new front end, a two-tone body and roof option and even more personalisation possibilities, travelling in the New C4 Picasso promises to be a unique and pleasurable experience. New C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso now feature new intuitive technologies including a Hands-Free Tailgate, a new connectivity offering with Citroën Connect Nav and two new petrol engines: PureT....|
|2017 Acura NSX|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio|
|2017 Fiat 124 Spider|
|2017 Fiat 124 Spider Elaborazione Abarth|
|2017 Kia Sportage|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz AMG SLC43|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz CLA45|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC|