THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY
• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.comAUBURN, Indiana (Feb. 26, 2014
)– As the Fort Lauderdale sale nears (March 14-16), Auctions America is thrilled to announce the addition of a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird to its growing line up of consignments. Made legendary because of its racing heritage, the desirable muscle car joins nearly 500 collector cars set for the auction block in Florida, including the previously announced 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra and 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition with a mere 81 miles.
'The sale has developed a reputation as South Florida's premier collector car auction and we're more excited than ever going into our twelfth year in Fort Lauderdale,' said Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America. 'The quality of our consignments increases every year and our dedicated team of specialists has ensured that Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event is the perfect place for buyers to find their next car – from highly original, low mileage examples to concours-level restorations and more.'
Built as Chrysler's only hope of beating Ford on the superspeedways, the Plymouth Superbird was designed to reduce aerodynamic drag and the sloped nose and enormous rear wing are now a stock car racing icon. This particular 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird is one of only 135 built with the desirable 426-cid, 425-horsepower Hemi V8 engine. Presented in Blue Fire Metallic with a bucket seat interior displayed in Black and Charcoal, additional features include a black vinyl roof, tinted windshield, tachometer, AM radio, performance axle package, wood grain console, power steering and front discs brakes.Additional highlight vehicle consignments include:
• a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible documented as being a 'one of one' factory-built example displayed in the elegant color combination of Kensington Green with a white convertible top and interior. Along with the rare bucket seat option, standard Eldorado equipment includes a heater, fog lamps, air-assisted suspension, radio with a rear speaker, power windows, a six-way power front seat, power door locks and whitewall tires;
• one of a mere 29 produced and one of only 10 known survivors, this 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan features a superb restoration finished in a cream-colored body with beige belt moldings. A Best in Class winner at Pebble Beach, this example is correct in virtually all respects and includes dual sidemounts and an original, unrestored rear-mounted trunk.
Previously announced highlights include:
• the 23rd production example 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra, with an upgraded 289-cid V8 engine fitted with the correct components. Featuring one owner from 1971 to 2011, the Cobra has recently received a fresh restoration and is in fantastic running and driving order;
• a stylish 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona originally delivered new to Italy and fitted with factory air conditioning. Featuring a well-maintained restoration and a recent full mechanical service, the Daytona is the ideal ride for high speed grand touring, just as it was when new;
• a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, one of only 343 produced, featuring a Heritage Blue paintjob with Epic Orange stripes and a mere 81 original miles. The car is also equipped with all four available options—LeMans style body stripes, McIntosh CD stereo system, lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheels and color-matched Brembo brake calipers.
Especially fitting for an auction in Southern Florida is a bevy of woodies. Leading the group is a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible, one of only approximately 400 convertible New Yorkers built, featuring an elegant wood-and-metal-body with a 323.5-cid, 135-horsepower engine. A recently restored 1947 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible and a professionally restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Station Wagon finished in Fog Green round out the Chrysler woodie offerings. Also crossing the block is a 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Sportsman Convertible in correct Dynamic Maroon with Golden Tan leather upholstery and a tan canvas power top. This example was recognized in 2012 by the Early Ford V-8 Club, receiving the Dearborn Award for Restoration. A 1940 Ford Deluxe Station Wagon with original wood and paint and a rare third seat and a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon complete the Ford woodie offerings.Event Details
– Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction
Sale dates: March 14-16, 2013
Preview dates: March 13-16, 2013
Location: Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Admission: $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for a weekend pass. Children 12 years of age and under will gain free admission. Please note, the Broward County Convention Center lies within the confines of Port Everglades. Due to new Federal security requirements, you must show your government issued picture identification (Passport or Driver's License) at all security checkpoints to gain access to the Convention Center.
| Recent Articles|
|A Record 65,422 Visitors Celebrate Motorsports History at Rolex Monterey Motorsports ReunionMONTEREY, Calif., August 25 2015 - For four beautiful sun-drenched days visitors to the Monterey coastal community bore witness to one of the finest collections of historic race cars competing in the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion. A record 65,422 visitors entered iconic Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca to pay homage to motorsports history.|
'It was an amazing celebration of the 50th anniversary of the mighty Shelby GT350 with 38 cars in one group being paced by Henry Ford III and taking ....
|MECUM DAYTIME AUCTION IN MONTEREY EXCEEDS $44 MILLION IN SALES• 2015 Auction Achieves a $10 Million Leap over Last Year's Sale Totals|
WALWORTH, Wis. – Aug. 19, 2015 – In a jaw-dropping display of some of the finest vehicles ever offered at the Mecum Daytime Auction in Monterey, $44,335,001 in total sales was achieved as 387 vehicles changed hands in three days of auction action, Aug. 13-15. Headlined by the multimillion-dollar sales of a 1969 Lamborghini Miura P400 S (Lot S66) and a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda Convertible (Lot F69), top sal....
|CELEBRATE THE ART OF AUTOMOTIVE DESIGN DURING THE 14th ANNUAL WINTER PARK CONCOURS D'ELEGANCECentral Florida's premier motoring event since 2002, the Winter Park Concours d'Elegance, returns November 13-15, 2015 with enhanced event experiences over the weekend of motoring events.|
The Winter Park Concours d'Elegance includes three days of exclusive experiences as one of the most highly-regarded, judged classic/exotic car shows in the United States. The show annually attracts more than 10,000 attendees and features 150 of the world's rarest and most collectible cars.
|RM Sotheby's Sets New Collector Car Auction Benchmark with $172.9 Million Monterey Extravaganza• RM Sotheby's generates highest ever total for a collector car auction: $172.9 million in sales at its flagship Monterey, California event|
• 1964 Ferrari 250 LM claims top sale of the 2015 Monterey Car Week at a record $17,600,000
• Pinnacle Portfolio sets new auction benchmark for a single-day, single-vendor auction at $75.4 million
• RM Auto Restoration claims sixth Best of Show win at the prestigious Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
• Complete results available at www.rmsothebys.com....
|Gooding & Company's Two-Day Pebble Beach Auctions Realizes More Than $128 MillionPebble Beach, Calif. (August 17, 2015) – Gooding & Company, the official auction house of Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance®, realized more than $128 million at its Pebble Beach Auctions this weekend, resulting in a two-day sales company record. During the two-day sale, the auction house sold 115 of 129 lots, an 89% sale rate and their highest ever average price of $1,113,896 per car. During the auction weekend, an impressive 26 cars sold over the $1 million mark including three vehicles o....|
|New World Records Are Made As Bonhams Celebrates Another Successful Auction At Quail LodgeItalian cars take top placement as Bonhams' 18th annual Carmel sale during Monterey Car Week realizes nearly $47-million|
16 August 2015 – San Francisco – Over 100 cars of incredible breadth and history went over the block at Bonhams' annual Quail Lodge auction in Carmel on Friday resulting in a very successful sale with a 90% sell-through rate and a $46,738,000 total.
While exquisite automobiles from every period of motoring were represented, from Brass Era motorcars to singl....
|2015 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Best of ShowPEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (August 17, 2015) -- An Italian Isotta Fraschini Tipo 8A Cabriolet that once turned heads and garnered top prizes in the classic era glided to victory at the 65th Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance on Sunday. |
The competition drew 219 cars from 16 countries and 29 U.S. states to the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links. It also raised over $1.8 million to help people in need. Through the Pebble Beach Company Foundation, which celebrates its 40th anniversary this ....
|MERCEDES-BENZ AT THE PEBBLE BEACH CONCOURS D'ELEGANCE: A CELEBRATION OF LUXURY AND PERFORMANCE◾Historical tribute to the highest levels of luxury and performance|
◾An emphasis on sports cars includes the 1955 300 SLR '722,' driven to victory at the Mille Miglia by Sir Stirling Moss
◾First U.S. Appearance of the ultra-exclusive Mercedes-Maybach Pullman
August 13, 2015 - PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. -- Mercedes-Benz will celebrate its long tradition of luxury and performance at the 65th Annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance from August 12-16, 2015. With the launch of the sub-brands Me....
|2016 BMW 7-Series|
|2016 Buick Regal|
|2016 Cadillac ATS-V|
|2016 Cadillac CTS-V|
|2016 Cadillac ELR|
|2016 Cadillac XTS|
|2016 Chevrolet Camaro|
|2016 Chevrolet Corvette|
|2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z06|
|2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition|