THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY
• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.comAUBURN, Indiana (Feb. 26, 2014
)– As the Fort Lauderdale sale nears (March 14-16), Auctions America is thrilled to announce the addition of a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird to its growing line up of consignments. Made legendary because of its racing heritage, the desirable muscle car joins nearly 500 collector cars set for the auction block in Florida, including the previously announced 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra and 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition with a mere 81 miles.
'The sale has developed a reputation as South Florida's premier collector car auction and we're more excited than ever going into our twelfth year in Fort Lauderdale,' said Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America. 'The quality of our consignments increases every year and our dedicated team of specialists has ensured that Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event is the perfect place for buyers to find their next car – from highly original, low mileage examples to concours-level restorations and more.'
Built as Chrysler's only hope of beating Ford on the superspeedways, the Plymouth Superbird was designed to reduce aerodynamic drag and the sloped nose and enormous rear wing are now a stock car racing icon. This particular 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird is one of only 135 built with the desirable 426-cid, 425-horsepower Hemi V8 engine. Presented in Blue Fire Metallic with a bucket seat interior displayed in Black and Charcoal, additional features include a black vinyl roof, tinted windshield, tachometer, AM radio, performance axle package, wood grain console, power steering and front discs brakes.Additional highlight vehicle consignments include:
• a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible documented as being a 'one of one' factory-built example displayed in the elegant color combination of Kensington Green with a white convertible top and interior. Along with the rare bucket seat option, standard Eldorado equipment includes a heater, fog lamps, air-assisted suspension, radio with a rear speaker, power windows, a six-way power front seat, power door locks and whitewall tires;
• one of a mere 29 produced and one of only 10 known survivors, this 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan features a superb restoration finished in a cream-colored body with beige belt moldings. A Best in Class winner at Pebble Beach, this example is correct in virtually all respects and includes dual sidemounts and an original, unrestored rear-mounted trunk.
Previously announced highlights include:
• the 23rd production example 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra, with an upgraded 289-cid V8 engine fitted with the correct components. Featuring one owner from 1971 to 2011, the Cobra has recently received a fresh restoration and is in fantastic running and driving order;
• a stylish 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona originally delivered new to Italy and fitted with factory air conditioning. Featuring a well-maintained restoration and a recent full mechanical service, the Daytona is the ideal ride for high speed grand touring, just as it was when new;
• a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, one of only 343 produced, featuring a Heritage Blue paintjob with Epic Orange stripes and a mere 81 original miles. The car is also equipped with all four available options—LeMans style body stripes, McIntosh CD stereo system, lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheels and color-matched Brembo brake calipers.
Especially fitting for an auction in Southern Florida is a bevy of woodies. Leading the group is a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible, one of only approximately 400 convertible New Yorkers built, featuring an elegant wood-and-metal-body with a 323.5-cid, 135-horsepower engine. A recently restored 1947 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible and a professionally restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Station Wagon finished in Fog Green round out the Chrysler woodie offerings. Also crossing the block is a 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Sportsman Convertible in correct Dynamic Maroon with Golden Tan leather upholstery and a tan canvas power top. This example was recognized in 2012 by the Early Ford V-8 Club, receiving the Dearborn Award for Restoration. A 1940 Ford Deluxe Station Wagon with original wood and paint and a rare third seat and a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon complete the Ford woodie offerings.Event Details
– Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction
Sale dates: March 14-16, 2013
Preview dates: March 13-16, 2013
Location: Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Admission: $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for a weekend pass. Children 12 years of age and under will gain free admission. Please note, the Broward County Convention Center lies within the confines of Port Everglades. Due to new Federal security requirements, you must show your government issued picture identification (Passport or Driver's License) at all security checkpoints to gain access to the Convention Center.
| Recent Articles|
|CLASSIC BENTLEYS READY FOR ACTION-PACKED SUMMER SEASON•Famous heritage models hit international classic show circuit|
•95 years of history to tour from Goodwood to Pebble Beach
•85th anniversary of 'Blue Train' race and 1930 Le Mans win
(Crewe, 21 May 2015) Legendary cars from Bentley's past are embarking on a tour of the world's premier heritage and historical automotive events this summer.
The 'Blue Train' car that famously raced the Calais-Mediterranée Express and the Team Blower that entered Le Mans in 1930 – the race ultimately w....
|RM Sotheby's Motor City Sale Celebrates Automotive Design and Engineering From Across the Decades• The official auction of the Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's, RM Sotheby's Motor City sale returns to Michigan, July 25|
• Single-day sale presents approximately 80 blue-chip automobiles; European sports cars and late model collectibles join event's traditional roster of American Classics
• Further information and a frequently updated list of entries available online at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (May 14, 2015) – RM Sotheby's, the official auction house ....
|FAMOUS FIVE McLAREN F1 GTR FINISHERS TO BE REUNITED AT LE MANS TWO DECADES AFTER DOMINANT RESULT◾The five McLaren F1 GTRs that finished the 1995 24 Hours of Le Mans to complete a parade lap 20 years after famous victory|
◾Ultimate celebration of the GTR legacy as the McLaren P1™ GTR makes global dynamic debut
◾Follow the celebrations and join the conversation on the McLaren social channels using the hashtag #McLaren95
McLaren Automotive and McLaren Special Operations (MSO) will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the famous 24 Hours of Le Mans win next month with the ultimate display at ....
|RM Sotheby's to Shine Spotlight on Striking Pair of Italian Prototypes in Monterey• RM Sotheby's prepares for triumphant return to Monterey, California, August 14-15|
• The pinnacle of collector car auctions, multi-day sale to lift gavel on approximately 150 blue-chip collector cars
• Early highlights include a pair of Italian-built prototypes: the first Maserati Ghibli Spyder, and the original U.S.-specification Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Prototype
• Additional early attractions include a 1976 Lamborghini Countach LP 400 'Periscopio'; a rare 1973 Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-R....
|WORLD'S LARGEST COLLECTOR CAR AUCTION COMPANY IN SEATTLE JUNE 5-6• Mecum Auction to Feature 600 American Muscle Cars, Classics, Hot Rods and More|
Walworth, Wis. – May 11, 2015 – Mecum Auctions, the largest collector car auction company, will host its second-annual classic and collector car auction in Seattle at CenturyLink Field Event Center June 5-6 with an anticipated lineup of 600 American muscle cars, classics, Corvettes, hot rods, Resto Mods and more expected to cross the auction block from an estimated 20 surrounding states.
|2016 MODEL YEAR MUSTANG GT TO RECEIVE HOOD VENT TURN SIGNALS, A NOD TO CAR'S HERITAGE, NEW PACKAGING OPTIONS◾Turn signal indicators located in hood vents – a heritage cue from the 1967 Ford Mustang – return as standard equipment for 2016 Ford Mustang GT|
◾Exclusive California Special Package for Mustang GT Premium available this fall; Pony Package available for Mustang EcoBoost® Premium by year's end
◾2016 Mustang GT convertible will be available with the Performance Package
For the 2016 model year, Mustang fastback and convertible welcome the return of the iconic California Special Package and Po....
|FORD SHELBY GT350 MUSTANG RAISES THE BAR FOR HANDLING◾Advanced suspension tuning on Shelby GT350 and Shelby GT350R includes Mustang-first MagneRide dampers|
◾Two-piece brake rotors for Shelby GT350 and Shelby GT350R are the most powerful brakes ever fitted to a production Mustang – with Michelin tires and high-performance wheels engineered to match
◾Stiffened chassis – including an injection-molded carbon fiber composite grille opening reinforcement – provides a rigid base to build the most track-capable Mustang ever
The all-new Ford Shelby GT....
|1919 Pierce-Arrow Captures Best In Show at Third Annual Pinehurst Concours d'EleganceVILLAGE OF PINEHURST, N.C. (May 2, 2015) – A 1919 bright purple Pierce-Arrow Model 66 A-4 Tourer, purchased last year by Georgia-based philanthropist and businessman Robert S. 'Bob' Jepson Jr., captured Best in Show at the third annual Pinehurst Concours d'Elegance on Saturday.|
'We are so thrilled that we came up here; just a beautiful part of the country,' said the 73-year-old Jepson, who is from Savannah, Ga., and is the current chair of the Georgia Ports Authority. 'And what a bunch of bea....
|2016 Cadillac ATS-V|
|2016 Cadillac CTS-V|
|2016 Chevrolet Camaro|
|2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition|
|2016 Ford Focus RS|
|2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350|
|2016 Mazda MX-5 Accessories Design Concept|
|2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Club|
|2016 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE63|
|2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE|