THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY
• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.comAUBURN, Indiana (Feb. 26, 2014
)– As the Fort Lauderdale sale nears (March 14-16), Auctions America is thrilled to announce the addition of a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird to its growing line up of consignments. Made legendary because of its racing heritage, the desirable muscle car joins nearly 500 collector cars set for the auction block in Florida, including the previously announced 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra and 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition with a mere 81 miles.
'The sale has developed a reputation as South Florida's premier collector car auction and we're more excited than ever going into our twelfth year in Fort Lauderdale,' said Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America. 'The quality of our consignments increases every year and our dedicated team of specialists has ensured that Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event is the perfect place for buyers to find their next car – from highly original, low mileage examples to concours-level restorations and more.'
Built as Chrysler's only hope of beating Ford on the superspeedways, the Plymouth Superbird was designed to reduce aerodynamic drag and the sloped nose and enormous rear wing are now a stock car racing icon. This particular 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird is one of only 135 built with the desirable 426-cid, 425-horsepower Hemi V8 engine. Presented in Blue Fire Metallic with a bucket seat interior displayed in Black and Charcoal, additional features include a black vinyl roof, tinted windshield, tachometer, AM radio, performance axle package, wood grain console, power steering and front discs brakes.Additional highlight vehicle consignments include:
• a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible documented as being a 'one of one' factory-built example displayed in the elegant color combination of Kensington Green with a white convertible top and interior. Along with the rare bucket seat option, standard Eldorado equipment includes a heater, fog lamps, air-assisted suspension, radio with a rear speaker, power windows, a six-way power front seat, power door locks and whitewall tires;
• one of a mere 29 produced and one of only 10 known survivors, this 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan features a superb restoration finished in a cream-colored body with beige belt moldings. A Best in Class winner at Pebble Beach, this example is correct in virtually all respects and includes dual sidemounts and an original, unrestored rear-mounted trunk.
Previously announced highlights include:
• the 23rd production example 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra, with an upgraded 289-cid V8 engine fitted with the correct components. Featuring one owner from 1971 to 2011, the Cobra has recently received a fresh restoration and is in fantastic running and driving order;
• a stylish 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona originally delivered new to Italy and fitted with factory air conditioning. Featuring a well-maintained restoration and a recent full mechanical service, the Daytona is the ideal ride for high speed grand touring, just as it was when new;
• a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, one of only 343 produced, featuring a Heritage Blue paintjob with Epic Orange stripes and a mere 81 original miles. The car is also equipped with all four available options—LeMans style body stripes, McIntosh CD stereo system, lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheels and color-matched Brembo brake calipers.
Especially fitting for an auction in Southern Florida is a bevy of woodies. Leading the group is a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible, one of only approximately 400 convertible New Yorkers built, featuring an elegant wood-and-metal-body with a 323.5-cid, 135-horsepower engine. A recently restored 1947 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible and a professionally restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Station Wagon finished in Fog Green round out the Chrysler woodie offerings. Also crossing the block is a 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Sportsman Convertible in correct Dynamic Maroon with Golden Tan leather upholstery and a tan canvas power top. This example was recognized in 2012 by the Early Ford V-8 Club, receiving the Dearborn Award for Restoration. A 1940 Ford Deluxe Station Wagon with original wood and paint and a rare third seat and a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon complete the Ford woodie offerings.Event Details
– Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction
Sale dates: March 14-16, 2013
Preview dates: March 13-16, 2013
Location: Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Admission: $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for a weekend pass. Children 12 years of age and under will gain free admission. Please note, the Broward County Convention Center lies within the confines of Port Everglades. Due to new Federal security requirements, you must show your government issued picture identification (Passport or Driver's License) at all security checkpoints to gain access to the Convention Center.
| Recent Articles|
|CHEVROLET CAMARO ZL1 ATTACKS THE 'RINGDETROIT — Chevrolet today unleashed a time-attack video of the 2017 Camaro ZL1 lapping the Nürburgring Nordschleife in a blistering 7:29.60. The new ZL1's lap time is 11.67 seconds quicker than the previous ZL1's fast lap.|
'To be almost 12 seconds quicker than the 5th-Generation ZL1 is a testament to the advanced design and technology of the new ZL1,' said Al Oppenheiser, Camaro chief engineer. 'From the improved aerodynamics, mass reduction and 650-horsepower LT4 to the Magnetic Ride ....
|JD CLASSICS WELCOMES DEREK BELL MBE TO PACKED BREAKFAST MORNING◾More than 500 guests attended JD Classics' HQ for a talk from Derek Bell MBE, and to see some of the world's finest classic cars|
◾The crowds had the chance to look around JD Classics' seven showrooms and speak with some of the company's sixty craftsmen
◾Derek Bell MBE, the greatest British endurance racer ever, spoke of his five Le Mans wins, three 24 Hours of Daytona wins and more
◾More dates for JD Classics' breakfast mornings will be announced in the New Year
Maldon, Essex, Monday 24 O....
|THE UNITED STATES F1 GP ACCORDING TO BREMBODETROIT, (October 20, 2016) - The Circuit of The Americas (COTA) will host the 18th race of the 2016 Formula 1 World Championship season, October 21-23.|
Located in the hills overlooking the city of Austin, COTA is the first track in the United States to have been built specifically for Formula 1. Former 500cc World Champion Kevin Schwantz and promoter Tavo Hellmund designed the track layout.
The circuit was inaugurated in October 2012 and up to now has hosted four Formula 1 GP....
|Barrett-Jackson Wraps Record-Breaking 45th Anniversary Year With Strong Las Vegas Auction•Barrett-Jackson sees 99.2-percent sell-through rate with sales totaling more than $32.5 million and $850,000 raised for charity; automobilia sales totaled $777,000 making it Barrett-Jackson's most successful non-Scottsdale automobilia auction|
•Unprecedented LIVE global television coverage with 24 hours in the United States, 24 hours in Canada and 20 hours in the United Kingdom
•Notable auction sales included the Tammy Allen Collection, which captured over $3.8 million in sales, as well as the....
|THE ADVENTURE BEGINS: NEW ŠKODA KODIAQ TO START FROM £21,495 (OTR)◾ŠKODA Kodiaq UK specification: four trim levels from launch|
◾S, SE, SE L and Edition models available from launch
◾Prices from £21,495 (OTR)
◾High equipment levels across 24 model launch range
◾Alloy wheels, touchscreen infotainment systems and air-conditioning standard
◾Five engine options from launch, with 4x4 and DSG transmissions available
◾ŠKODA Connect available across the range
◾Available to order from November 2016; first UK deliveries expected April 2017
Milton Keynes, 13 ....
|MECUM AUCTIONS IN DALLAS WITH 1,000 COLLECTOR CARS THIS NOVEMBER 2-5• Auction at Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center to Include American Muscle Cars and Exotics|
WALWORTH, Wis. – Oct. 12, 2016 – Mecum Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction company, will be back in action for its sixth-year running at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas this Nov. 2-5. The estimated 1,000-car lineup will draw buyers, sellers and spectators from across the United States and will consist of a wide-ranging variety with names like He....
|Barrett-Jackson To Feature Five Charity Vehicles At The Ninth Annual Las Vegas Auction• Benefiting Grant A Gift Autism Foundation is the first-production 2017 Shelby GTE (Lot #3003)|
• Designed by Grammy Award-winning artist Zac Brown and Zac Brown Customs, a bespoke beast 2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Custom Pickup (Lot #3004) will cross the auction block to benefit Camp Southern Ground
• #001 of the 150 limited-edition motorcycles built to celebrate Jack Daniel's 150th, a 2016 Indian Chief (Lot #3002) will sell in support of Operation Ride Home
LAS VEGAS – Octob....
|MECUM THREE-DAY SALE TOTAL CLIMBS TO $10.5 MILLION IN SWEET HOME CHICAGO• Fall Auction Season Shifts into High Gear at the Schaumburg Convention Center|
WALWORTH, Wis. – Oct. 11, 2016 – Chicagoland's only annual classic and collector car auction returned to the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center this past weekend where attendees watched as Mecum Auctions dropped the gavel on 435 cars in just three days, Oct. 6-8. Total sales for the high-energy event reached $10.5 million, and bidder and spectator turnout was strong with special appearances by....
|2017 Acura NSX|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia|
|2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio|
|2017 Audi A5 Sportback|
|2017 Audi S5|
|2017 Audi S5 Sportback|
|2017 Fiat 124 Spider|
|2017 Fiat 124 Spider Elaborazione Abarth|
|2017 Kia Sportage|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz AMG E 43 4MATIC Estate|