THE COUNTDOWN TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE NOW UNDERWAY
• Auctions America kicks off its 2014 collector car calendar March 14-16 in Fort Lauderdale
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale features nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Joining the list of previously announced feature consignments are a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird, a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalog now available for download at auctionsamerica.comAUBURN, Indiana (Feb. 26, 2014
)– As the Fort Lauderdale sale nears (March 14-16), Auctions America is thrilled to announce the addition of a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird to its growing line up of consignments. Made legendary because of its racing heritage, the desirable muscle car joins nearly 500 collector cars set for the auction block in Florida, including the previously announced 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra and 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition with a mere 81 miles.
'The sale has developed a reputation as South Florida's premier collector car auction and we're more excited than ever going into our twelfth year in Fort Lauderdale,' said Donnie Gould, President of Auctions America. 'The quality of our consignments increases every year and our dedicated team of specialists has ensured that Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale event is the perfect place for buyers to find their next car – from highly original, low mileage examples to concours-level restorations and more.'
Built as Chrysler's only hope of beating Ford on the superspeedways, the Plymouth Superbird was designed to reduce aerodynamic drag and the sloped nose and enormous rear wing are now a stock car racing icon. This particular 1970 Plymouth Hemi Superbird is one of only 135 built with the desirable 426-cid, 425-horsepower Hemi V8 engine. Presented in Blue Fire Metallic with a bucket seat interior displayed in Black and Charcoal, additional features include a black vinyl roof, tinted windshield, tachometer, AM radio, performance axle package, wood grain console, power steering and front discs brakes.Additional highlight vehicle consignments include:
• a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible documented as being a 'one of one' factory-built example displayed in the elegant color combination of Kensington Green with a white convertible top and interior. Along with the rare bucket seat option, standard Eldorado equipment includes a heater, fog lamps, air-assisted suspension, radio with a rear speaker, power windows, a six-way power front seat, power door locks and whitewall tires;
• one of a mere 29 produced and one of only 10 known survivors, this 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan features a superb restoration finished in a cream-colored body with beige belt moldings. A Best in Class winner at Pebble Beach, this example is correct in virtually all respects and includes dual sidemounts and an original, unrestored rear-mounted trunk.
Previously announced highlights include:
• the 23rd production example 1963 Shelby 289 Cobra, with an upgraded 289-cid V8 engine fitted with the correct components. Featuring one owner from 1971 to 2011, the Cobra has recently received a fresh restoration and is in fantastic running and driving order;
• a stylish 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona originally delivered new to Italy and fitted with factory air conditioning. Featuring a well-maintained restoration and a recent full mechanical service, the Daytona is the ideal ride for high speed grand touring, just as it was when new;
• a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, one of only 343 produced, featuring a Heritage Blue paintjob with Epic Orange stripes and a mere 81 original miles. The car is also equipped with all four available options—LeMans style body stripes, McIntosh CD stereo system, lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheels and color-matched Brembo brake calipers.
Especially fitting for an auction in Southern Florida is a bevy of woodies. Leading the group is a 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible, one of only approximately 400 convertible New Yorkers built, featuring an elegant wood-and-metal-body with a 323.5-cid, 135-horsepower engine. A recently restored 1947 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible and a professionally restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Station Wagon finished in Fog Green round out the Chrysler woodie offerings. Also crossing the block is a 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Sportsman Convertible in correct Dynamic Maroon with Golden Tan leather upholstery and a tan canvas power top. This example was recognized in 2012 by the Early Ford V-8 Club, receiving the Dearborn Award for Restoration. A 1940 Ford Deluxe Station Wagon with original wood and paint and a rare third seat and a 1947 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon complete the Ford woodie offerings.Event Details
– Auctions America's Fort Lauderdale Collector Car Auction
Sale dates: March 14-16, 2013
Preview dates: March 13-16, 2013
Location: Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Admission: $10.00 for a day pass and $25.00 for a weekend pass. Children 12 years of age and under will gain free admission. Please note, the Broward County Convention Center lies within the confines of Port Everglades. Due to new Federal security requirements, you must show your government issued picture identification (Passport or Driver's License) at all security checkpoints to gain access to the Convention Center.
| Recent Articles|
|South Florida's Premier Collector Car Auction Generates More Than $21.3 Million In Sales• Auctions America's 13th annual Fort Lauderdale sale realizes more than $21.3 million in sales|
• Top seller: Ferrari 250 GT from the Cayman Islands sells to UK collector for above-estimate $715,000
• Offered for the first time in 47 years, 'Shorty' Mustang achieves $511,550
• Classic Ford Street Rod raises $50,000 for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County
• Auctions America's 2015 calendar continues with its Auburn Spring event, May 7-9 followed by its annual California sale, July 17-18 ....
|MERCEDES, JAGUAR, FORD, TOYOTA, ASTON MARTIN, SCION, KIA & SMART JOIN GROWING LIST OF CARMAKERS MAKING NEW YORK DEBUTSAdding to a growing list of companies making news in New York City next week, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, Ford, Aston Martin, Kia, Scion and Smart have all recently announced that they will unveil exciting new products to the world's press. |
The Aston Martin Vulcan - a track only supercar producing some 800-plus bhp - joins the British luxury sports car maker's presence in New York fresh from a global reveal at the Geneva International Motor Show earlier in March. Fronting ....
|Pinehurst Concours Returning ChampionsVILLAGE OF PINEHURST, N.C. (March 26, 2015) – Two of the nation's rarest collector automobiles will be returning to the 2015 Pinehurst Concours d'Elegance on Saturday, May 2 as display vehicles in the event's newly established 'Circle of Champions.'|
Patrons attending the vintage auto showcase the first weekend of May at Pinehurst Resort will have an opportunity to see the event's previous two Best of Show winners – a 1938 Steyr Roadster and 1931 Cadillac 452A – displayed prominently si....
|Glamorous and Rare Mercedes-Benz at Russo and Steele Newport Beach!Scottsdale, Arizona (March 26, 2015) – Today, few classic cars are as sophisticated as the W111-generation Mercedes-Benz 280SE 3.5 Cabriolet. Rare and highly refined, these athletic and luxurious five-passenger automobiles continued the enviable Mercedes-Benz tradition of handcrafted quality, vault-like solidity and superior engineering, wrapped in formal Paul Bracq-penned bodylines that remain a design tour de force. Powered by the company's landmark 3.5-liter V-8 engine providing turbin....|
|JD CLASSICS TAKES TWO PODIUM FINISHES AT SUCCESSFUL GOODWOOD MEMBERS' MEETING◾JD Classics' Rover 3500 SD1 comes from the back of the grid to take second in the Gerry Marshall Trophy|
◾Alex Buncombe piloted the JD Classics Lola T70 Spyder to third-place in the Bruce McLaren Trophy
Maldon, Essex, Tuesday 24 March: JD Classics capped off an extremely successful 73rd Goodwood Members' Meeting with two podium finishes: second-place for its Rover 3500 SD1 and third for its Lola T70 Spyder.
The Rover – driven by JD Classics' own Chris Ward and journalist Chris Harr....
|JD CLASSICS TO BUILD ON SUCCESSFUL 2014 RACING SEASON WITH THREE ENTRIES AT 73RD GOODWOOD MEMBERS' MEETING◾JD Classics is entering three expertly prepared racing cars into the 73rd Goodwood Members' Meeting: a Rover SD1, Lola T70 and Ecurie Ecosse Connaught A-Type|
◾The JD Classics race team are looking to build on a hugely successful 2014, that included wins at Monaco Historique and Le Mans Classic
Maldon, Essex, Wednesday 18 March: World-renowned classic car specialist JD Classics will field three expertly prepared competition cars at the 73rd Goodwood Members' Meeting on 21-22 March.
|BREMBO FORMULA ONE AUSTRALIA BRAKE FACTS• Company continues to provide braking statistics in 2015|
DETROIT, (Mar. 13, 2015) - Brembo is pleased to continue an initiative developed specifically for the media covering the F1 world championship that shows braking facts for F1 cars specific to each circuit, starting with this weekend's Formula One Grand Prix of Australia.
For each of the 20 races in the Formula One season, Brembo will be compiling a practical 'Identity Card' which summarizes the main instrumentally m....
|2016 Cadillac ATS-V|
|2016 Cadillac CTS-V|
|2016 Ford Focus RS|
|2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350|
|2016 Mazda MX-5 Accessories Design Concept|
|2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Club|
|2016 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE63|
|2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE|
|2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider|
|2015 Aston Martin Vulcan|