VOLKSWAGEN ANNOUNCES PRICING OF 2015 E-GOLF By: Volkswagen
The most versatile Electric Vehicle in its class goes on sale in November, priced at $35,445 for the fully equipped SEL Premium model
• Drivetrain consists of 24.2 kWh lithium-ion battery and an electric motor with 199 pound-feet of torque; 7.2 kW onboard charger is standard
• Standard fast charging capability allows 80 percent battery charge within 30 minutes
• First U.S.-market Volkswagen to be fitted with all-LED headlights
Herndon, VA — Volkswagen of America, Inc., today, announced pricing for its 2015 e-Golf, the brand's first fully electric, zero tailpipe emissions vehicle for the U.S. market. Joining Volkswagen's extensive Golf family of versatile, sporty hatchbacks, the e-Golf starts at $35,445 (plus $820 destination and delivery) for the SEL Premium model.
Built on the Golf's sporty Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB) platform, and powered by a compact electric motor and lithium-ion battery (built in-house at Volkswagen's Braunschweig facility), the e-Golf follows the Golf's 'fun-to-drive, yet practical' formula, with all of the benefits of an electric vehicle.
Additionally, Volkswagen is further improving the ownership experience with a groundbreaking and holistic approach to e-Mobility. Volkswagen has announced a collaboration with 3Degrees®, a renewable energy services provider, to invest in carbon reduction projects to help offset the emissions created from production, distribution and charging of the e-Golf for up to approximately 36,000 miles of driving. Charging solutions from Bosch® and Chargepoint®, along with a new Roadside Assistance program and the VW Car-Net® e-Golf app are designed to make owning the e-Golf a thoroughly reassuring, rewarding and enjoyable experience.
The key features, benefits and standard equipment of the e-Golf are:
• Combined Charging System (CCS) that allows 80 percent battery charge within 30 minutes
• Standard 7.2kW onboard charger
• Average range between 70 and 90 miles, depending on driving style and charging behavior
• Class-leading 199 lb-ft of torque, with 115 horsepower
• Largest interior space in a compact EV—an impressive 93.5 cubic feet, same volume as Golf
• Versatile cargo area, with 22.8 cubic feet of space behind the rear seats; 52.7 cubic feet with seats folded
• Three driving profiles designed to preserve energy ('Normal', 'Eco', and 'Eco+')
• Three driver-selectable regenerative braking levels
• 5.8-inch touchscreen navigation system and infotainment center
• Bluetooth® technology
• SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
• Automatic Post-Collision Braking system
• Leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel
• Dual-zone automatic climate control
• LED headlights
• Bespoke 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
• Keyless access
• Heatable front seats
• Rearview camera; and front and rear Park Distance Control
The e-Golf will go on sale in participating dealerships in select states in November 2014.