|World's Oldest Ford Vehicle Returns Home To Kick Off Henry Ford 150TH Celebration in 2013|
|•Oldest surviving Ford production car, a 1903 Model A, recently purchased at auction by Bill Ford; car unveiled as part of an employee event to kick off the 150th anniversary celebration of Henry Ford's birth in 2013 •Community picnic, special program at Maker Faire are key events leading up to the 150th birthday of Henry Ford on July 30, 2013 •New dedicated website, www.henryford150.com, launches to host an interactive timeline of Ford's life, a calendar of activities and information, and efforts to preserve Ford's legacy DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 11, 2012 – A key part of Ford Motor Company's heritage returns home as a Model A built in 1903 is again with the Ford family, kicking off the yearlong celebration of the 150th anniversary of the birth of company founder Henry Ford. Considered the oldest surviving Ford vehicle, the 1903 Model A was unveiled today to Ford Motor Company employees by Executive Chairman Bill Ford, who purchased the vehicle at an auction in October. 'The timing was perfect to bring this key part of Ford heritage back to the family as we celebrate the 150th anniversary of my great-grandfather's birth and his vision to improve people's lives by making cars affordable for the average family,' said Bill Ford. 'His vision to build cars that are reasonably priced, reliable and efficient still resonates and defines our vision today as well.' MotorCities National Heritage Area and the Henry Ford Heritage Association teamed up with more than 30 Henry Ford-related collaborators to coordinate the yearlong celebration of events. These activities, highlighting Ford's legacy, contributions and influence, include tours, educational programming, dramatic re-enactments, lectures, integration and special events at auto shows and more. A dedicated website, www.henryford150.com, also is launching today that includes an interactive timeline of Ford's life, tours, a calendar of 2013 events and information about efforts to preserve Henry Ford's heritage. Henry Ford's 150th legacy will be celebrated in 2013 through a variety of events. Some of these include: •Coming Together: A Celebration of Henry Ford– July 27, 2013, The Henry Ford Estate Fair Lane, Dearborn, Mich. This free community event will bring Henry Ford to 'life' and feature many of his little-known interests and contributions. •Maker Faire – July 27-28, The Henry Ford, Dearborn, Mich. A two-day, family-friendly festival of invention, creativity and resourcefulness. This year's celebration of the Maker movement will include a special program to recognize innovators. •Discovering Henry Ford shows at The Henry Ford– April-December. A presenter-facilitated multimedia program using a large touch screen monitor to access digital assets (movies, photos) in themed 20-minute shows (Henry Ford the Tinkerer, Henry Ford and the Model T). •Henry's T – Dramatic presentation at Greenfield Village– May-August. Visitors will meet Henry Ford in this interactive 15-minute play and hear how he was inspired to build the world's universal car. Guests also will find out why the Model T was so revolutionary and how Henry Ford's visionary thinking and hard work enabled him to put the world on wheels. The role of the Model A The Model A returning home played a pivotal role in Ford Motor Company history. In July 1903, Henry Ford faced a daunting situation: The company's cash balance stood at less than $250. A much-needed cash infusion arrived on July 13, 1903: One full payment and two deposits totaling $1,320 for three Model A cars kept Ford Motor Company afloat. The car revealed today is a red 1903 Model A Rear Entry Tonneau. It is believed to be car No. 3, chassis No. 30, and the lone survivor of the group of three Model A cars sold on that day. The vehicle was auctioned through RM Auctions in October in Hershey, Pa. 'The Model A helped keep our company going during a difficult time and enabled my great-grandfather to continue pursuing his vision of putting the world on wheels,' said Bill Ford. 'We look forward to carrying that same spirit of innovation forward as we develop new technologies for safer, cleaner, more fuel-efficient vehicles.'|
|WINNER TROPHIES AND AWARDS ANNOUNCED FOR THE 2014 CONCOURS OF ELEGANCE AT HAMPTON COURT PALACEOver 10 prized trophies and awards to be presented at the hotly-contested 2014 Concours of Elegance at Hampton Court Palace (5-7 September)|
◾Unlike other concours events, the Concours of Elegance 'Best of Show' is chosen by the concours car owners themselves
◾New Club Trophy will acknowledge the 'Best of the Best' car club concours winners, supported by AIG's Private Client Group
◾Club Trophy judging panel to include a number of famous faces, coordinated by the Royal Automobile Club
|RM AUCTIONS RAISES THE BAR WITH MORE THAN $143 MILLION IN SALES IN MONTEREY• RM Auctions sets a new collector car auction benchmark with a record $143.4 million in sales at its flagship Monterey, California event; Saturday session achieves $88 million in just four hours |
• Auction proves quality counts with 91 percent of lots sold
• Thirty-five lots achieve individual million-dollar-plus results; three lots achieve eight-figures
• Ferraris dominate top sales led by 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciale for $26.4 million; a 1964 Ferrari 250 LM for $11.5 million; and the e....
|Ferrari 250 LM Leads Series of Million-Dollar-Plus Sales at RM's Friday Monterey Session• RM kicks off 2014 Monterey auction with 15 individual million-dollar-plus sales|
• Top-seller: 1964 Ferrari 250 LM, certified by Ferrari Classiche, brings $11,550,000
• Additional highlights include a 1965 Ford GT40 Roadster Prototype for $6,930,000 and two Mercedes-Benz models which set new auction records
• Auction continues Saturday, August 16 with an additional 62 blue-chip collector cars
MONTEREY, California (August 16, 2014) – A purebred 1964 Ferrari 250 LM, used exclusively....
|MCQUEEN FERRARI SMASHES RECORD AT RM'S SATURDAY MONTEREY SESSION• Ferraris dominate RM's Saturday sale: 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 delivered new to King of Cool Steve McQueen garners $10,175,000; 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciale realizes $26,400,000|
• 21 vehicles achieve seven figures during Saturday sale session
• Official results to be posted online at www.rmauctions.com in the coming days
MONTEREY, California (August 17, 2014) – One of the most highly anticipated lots of Monterey Car Week, the ex-Steve McQueen 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4, entered the h....
|RM AUCTIONS, IN ASSOCIATION WITH AUCTIONS AMERICA, TO OFFER ESTEEMED SAM PACK COLLECTION• Reaffirming their reputation as the specialist for private and estate collection sales, RM Auctions, in association with Auctions America, presents the Sam Pack Collection, November 14-15 in Dallas, Texas|
• The American-themed collection is highlighted by incredible quality and diversity
• Single-vendor sale to lift gavel on in excess of 130 vehicles 'without reserve'
• Further information and a full list of entries to be posted online at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (August 1....
|MAGNIFICENT 1956 FERRARI 250 GT ‘TOUR DE FRANCE' AND MUSCULAR 1964 SHELBY 289 COMPETITION COBRA HEADLINE RM'S LONDON SALE• Incredible duo lineup for RM's highly anticipated London sale, taking place on 8 September at Battersea Evolution|
• Ferrari is the eighth of just nine 1956 250 GT Berlinetta Competiziones, and boasts an outstanding period racing history
• Campaigned by 'Gentleman' Tom Payne in 1964 and 1965, the Shelby is a highly desirable Team Specification Cobra and the ultimate authentic 'American Muscle'
• Auction held in partnership with the Concours of Elegance at Hampton Court Palace
• Full event i....
|RM Celebrates 20th Anniversary Auction in the Motor City with $7.4 Million in Sales• RM Auctions' established Motor City sale achieves $7.4 million and captures international interest|
• Top sellers: 1911 Mercedes-Benz 38/70 HP realizes $495,000; 1932 Gar Wood 28' Triple Cockpit Runabout garners $275,000
• RM continues its 2014 calendar with its flagship Monterey sale, August 15-16 in California
• Full results available online at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (July 29, 2014) – RM Auctions, the official auction house of the Concours d'Elegance of Amer....
|Looks, Rarity, Performance: The Ultimate Connoisseur's Ferrari at RM Monterey...LOOKS, RARITY, PERFORMANCE: THE ULTIMATE CONNOISSEUR'S FERRARI, 275 GTB/C SPECIALE HEADLINES RM AUCTIONS' FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE|
• RM Auctions offers the first of only three 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciales, chassis 06701, at its flagship Monterey, California sale, August 15-16
• With its two sibling cars unlikely to ever become available, 06701's offering is a historic and unrepeatable opportunity to acquire one of the world's most important automobiles
• Exceptional 275 GTB/C Speci....