RM Auctions Secures Upcoming Sale of Texas' Distinguished Don Davis Collection
2006 Ferrari FXX
1996 Bentley Azure
1995 Lancia Hyena
1994 Bugatti EB110 GT
1987 Ferrari F40
1984 Opel Manta 400 Group B Rally Car
1979 Maserati Merak SS
1978 Rondeau M378 Le Mans GTP
1976 Lancia Stratos Stradale
1972 Fiat 124
| • RM Auctions lifts the gavel on the distinguished Don Davis Collection, April 27, 2013 in Fort Worth, Texas
• Representing the best of the very best, this 'Collector's Collection' spans a broad variety of marques and eras with a strong emphasis on American horsepower and European sports & GT cars
• Single-day sale features more than 50 prized automobiles 'without reserve'
• Auction joins growing calendar of events to be hosted by RM in 2013 including the presentation of the Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum, February 15-16 in Madison, Georgia
BLENHEIM, Ontario (December 12, 2012) – Fresh on the heels of its highly successful sale of John Staluppi's Cars of Dreams Museum earlier this month, RM Auctions is delighted to announce the addition of the respected Don Davis Collection to its growing 2013 calendar of events. Scheduled April 27 in Fort Worth, Texas, the single-day auction represents the second single-vendor sale confirmed for RM's 2013 auction schedule, reaffirming the company's reputation as the specialist for private and estate collection sales.
| LE MANS GREATS HEAD STUNNING ROSTER OF ADDITIONAL ENTRIES FOR RM'S 2014 PARIS SALE DURING RETROMOBILE WEEK• Anticipation builds ahead of RM's €25 million debut Paris sale on 5 February 2014|
• More Le Mans greats join stunning competition car line-up at saleLatest highlights include a 1982 Rondeau M482 Le Mans GTP, a veteran of five Le Mans 24 hours races, and a mighty 2008 Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Le Mans Prototype, which finished 2nd at Le Mans, was driven by Jacques Villeneuve, and has been entrusted to be sold by RM by the Peugeot factory
• Other recently secured entries include a Bugatti Type 40 Ro....
| RM Auctions and Sotheby's Stun the Market with Incredible $63 Million 'Art of the Automobile' Sale in New York• RM Auctions and Sotheby's momentous Art of the Automobile auction generates $62,797,500 of sales in two hours of furious bidding|
• Records tumble with the historic 1964 Ferrari 250 LM by Carrozzeria Scaglietti achieving $14,300,000 while the stunning 1938 Talbot-Lago T150-C SS Teardrop Cabriolet by Figoni et Falaschi sells for $7,150,000
• 93 percent of all lots sold to an international audience of bidders representing 17 countries
• Full results are available online at www.rmauctions.c....
| Expert Symposium Delivered to Packed Room Ahead of 'Art of the Automobile' New York Sale• RM Auctions and Sotheby's deliver highly outstanding expert symposium to more than 700 people|
• Six hugely influential and respected specialists set the scene in advance of truly groundbreaking Art of The Automobile sale
• Anticipation building for what is being regarded as one of the finest and most innovative collector car auctions ever held
NEW YORK, New York (November 20, 2013) – The eyes of the collector car community are firmly fixed on New York, as RM Auctions and Sotheby's,....
| Sports and Racing Rarities Lead Early Highlights For RM's Two-Day Arizona Sale• RM Auctions returns to the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa in Phoenix from January 16–17 to kick off its 2014 collector car season|
• Expanded to two days in 2014, the well-established sale will celebrate its 15th year by lifting the gavel on approximately 120 handpicked motor cars
• Early highlights span the spectrum of the market, led by a superb trio of sports and racing Porsches
• Annual sale kicks off RM's 2014 international auction calendar, which includes the company's highly anticipate....
| THE PINNACLE OF COLLECTOR CAR AUCTIONS: RM AND SOTHEBY'S OFFER A CENTURY OF AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY AND DESIGN IN NEW YORK CITY• Final countdown underway to RM Auctions and Sotheby's expertly curated Art of the Automobile sale, November 21, in New York City|
• First major collector car auction to be held in Manhattan in over a decade; the sale's catalogue features examples of the upper echelons of design from each era of motoring
• Extraordinary exhibition that showcases all vehicles on offer will be held from November 18–20 on the 10th floor galleries at Sotheby's New York
• Official digital catalogue now availab....
| DUKE AND DUCHESS OF WINDSOR'S 1941 CADILLAC TO BE AUCTIONED IN NEW YORK CITY• RM Auctions and Sotheby's offer one-of-one Cadillac custom built for the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, without reserve, November 21, in New York City |
• Delivered to the royal couple at the Waldorf, the Cadillac — long thought to be destroyed —has been missing from the public eye since 1952
• Known affectionately as 'The Duchess,' this bespoke limousine is an important piece of automotive and society history
• Full sale details now available online at www.rmauctions.com
| One of World's finest competiton car collections to be sold at RM's Paris sale• RM Auctions announces stunning Harburg Collection for its debut Paris sale, 4–5 February 2014|
• Collection boasts a number of highly significant Porsche models, including a 1973 ex-Works 917/30 Can-Am Spyder, a 1982 ex-Works 956 956 Group C Sports-Prototype, a 1964 904 Carrera GTS, a 1959 356 A Carrera 1500 GT Speedster, and a 1987 959
• Other remarkable models to be offered in the collection include a 1955 Jaguar D-Type, a 1955 Ferrari 750 Monza Spider, the ex-Briggs Cunningham 1950 Aston M....
| RM Auctions Continues Strong 2013 Auction Season with $9.6 Million Hershey Sale• RM Auctions generates more than $9.6 million in total sales, with 90 percent of all lots sold, at its annual Hershey, Pennsylvania, sale|
• Top-sellers: superlative 1933 Chrysler CL Imperial Convertible Roadster achieves $704,000; 1910 Pierce-Arrow 48-SS Seven Passenger Touring, offered for first time in six decades, brings $687,500
• Estate collection of Jim Miller realizes $1,265,000, with numerous lots exceeding estimate
• Full results available online at www.rmauctions.com