|Duesenberg Model SJ Sells For $4.51 Million and Records Tumble At RM'S Amelia Island Sale|
| • RM Auctions continues strong track record at Amelia Island, Florida posting more than $26.8 million in sales with 92 percent of all lots sold
• Top seller: stunning 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Walker-LaGrande Convertible Coupe realizes a spectacular $4,510,000 to claim the title as the most valuable automobile sold during this year's Amelia Island weekend
• Five lots achieve individual million-dollar-plus results
• Packed auction room sees bidders hail from 14 countries around the world
AMELIA ISLAND, Florida (11 March, 2013) – RM Auctions, the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, continued its run of fantastic 2013 results this past weekend with a highly successful Amelia Island, Florida sale which saw records tumble and more than $26.8 million* grossed with over 92 percent of all lots sold.
|RARE ALLOY MERCEDES-BENZ 300 SL GULLWING WINS THE PUBLIC CHOICE AT THE 2014 CONCOURS OF ELEGANCE◾The results are now all in for the inaugural Public Choice vote for the 2014 Concours of Elegance at Hampton Court Palace|
◾A rare alloy-bodied 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Gullwing is voted the Public Choice winner by visitors to the annual Concours
◾Each Public Choice vote placed by text made a welcome donation to the official Concours charities
For the very first time, visitors to the recent Concours of Elegance – held to great acclaim at Hampton Court Palace from 5-7 September – were able ....
|2014 HILTON HEAD ISLAND MOTORING FESTIVAL & CONCOURS D'ELEGANCE CONTINUES RECORD GROWTHFrom test drives to test flights and automotive firsts, this year's event promises to delight visitors with the largest number of new features and sponsor activities in its history |
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. – The Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d'Elegance (HHIMF), one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing automotive and motorsports enthusiast event weeks, is preparing an ever-expanding lineup of exhibits and activities for visitors at the upcoming event, October 2....
|McLAREN 650S SPRINT TO MAKE COMPETITIVE DEBUT FOLLOWING CONFIRMATION OF GLOBAL RACE ELIGIBILITYThe new 650S Sprint by McLaren GT is set for its global competitive premiere this weekend at the penultimate round of the GT Cup race at Donington Park, UK. The 650S Sprint is developed and optimised for the track, and eligibility has now been confirmed to race in the NARRA US GT series, the SCCA GT Championship and the UAE GT series. McLaren GT factory driver Rob Bell will be joined by German-based journalist Dale Lomas, for the weekend's triple-header.|
The covers were pulled off the McLaren....
|SPECTACULAR 1956 FERARRI 250 GT ‘TOUR DE FRANCE' LEADS RM AUCTIONS' £22 MILLION LONDON SALE• RM concludes yet another incredible London auction with approximately £22 million in sales and 86 percent of all lots sold|
• Packed auction room sees international audience representing 35 countries fight to secure some of the best preserved, low mileage collector cars ever offered to market
• Top sellers: 1956 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Competizione 'Tour de France' secures £4,872,000, while rare 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB Alloy achieves £1,960,000
• Highly original 1964 Shelby 289 Competition Co....
|HILTON HEAD ISLAND MOTORING FESTIVAL & CONCOURS D'ELEGANCE ANNOUNCES EXPANSION OF 2014 SAVANNAH SPEED CLASSIC• Celebrating a decade of vintage racing, the Savannah Speed Classic boasts exciting additions, brings racing back to its roots|
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. – The Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d'Elegance (HHIMF), one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing automotive and motorsports enthusiast event weeks, today announced the expansion of its Savannah Speed Classic, held October 24 – 26. The Savannah Speed Classic presented by Mingledorff's, Inc., brings togeth....
|HRH PRINCE MICHAEL OF KENT CONCLUDES RECORD BREAKING CONCOURS OF ELEGANCE 2014 WITH ‘BEST OF SHOW' PRESENTATION◾The Pullman Trophy for 'Best of Show' 2014 presented to the legendary 1931 Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 Touring 'Flying Star'|
◾Exclusive prize winners' presentation made at private reception on Saturday in King Henry VIII's Great Dining Hall at Hampton Court Palace, hosted by Concours Patron HRH Prince Michael of Kent
◾Concours of Elegance 2014 recorded biggest crowds in the event's three year history with more than 10,000 visitors over the weekend
The UK's most prestigious Concours of Elegance, uni....
|SPANNING A-TO-Z AND A CENTURY OF AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY, DIVERSE COLLECTIONS HEADLINE RM'S ANNUAL HERSHEY SALE• A feature attraction of the AACA Eastern Division Fall Meet, RM Auctions' two-day Hershey sale returns October 9 – 10, featuring more than 160 automobiles, a pair of boats and select memorabilia|
• Sale headlined by two private collections: The Cars of John Moir, featuring the A-to-Z Collection, and the Jeffrey Day Collection
• Full event information and a frequently updated list of entries available online at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (September 5, 2014) – RM Auctions w....
|A LABOR DAY TRADITION: AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FLAGSHIP AUBURN FALL COLLECTOR CAR WEEKEND ATTRACTS RECORD CROWDS, POSTS STRONG RESULTS• Auctions America's flagship Auburn Fall sale enjoys continued success with more than $25.9 million in sales |
• A Labor Day Weekend tradition, event attracts record attendance with more than 81,500 enthusiasts descending on Indiana's historic Auburn Auction Park
• Top sale: 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Dual Cowl Phaeton returns 'home' to the Classic Car Capital of America, realizing a strong $1,265,000
• Truly a community event, Auburn Fall raises $44,000 to benefit Honor Flight of Northeast In....