|Duesenberg Model SJ Sells For $4.51 Million and Records Tumble At RM'S Amelia Island Sale|
| • RM Auctions continues strong track record at Amelia Island, Florida posting more than $26.8 million in sales with 92 percent of all lots sold
• Top seller: stunning 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Walker-LaGrande Convertible Coupe realizes a spectacular $4,510,000 to claim the title as the most valuable automobile sold during this year's Amelia Island weekend
• Five lots achieve individual million-dollar-plus results
• Packed auction room sees bidders hail from 14 countries around the world
AMELIA ISLAND, Florida (11 March, 2013) – RM Auctions, the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, continued its run of fantastic 2013 results this past weekend with a highly successful Amelia Island, Florida sale which saw records tumble and more than $26.8 million* grossed with over 92 percent of all lots sold.
| Festivals of Speed Amelia IslandFestivals of Speed Motorsports Display was held at the Omni Amelia Island Plantation resort in Amelia Island, Florida. The activities began with a Luxury Lifestyle Cocktail Reception featuring smooth jazz, open bar, themed food display, and a live and silent auction benefitting Communities in Schools of Nassau County. The Luxury Lifestyle display featured fashion displays, fine jewelry, unique timepieces, collectable artwork, exotic travel destinations and much more. |
The venue for the automo....
| EXCEPTIONAL $6.6 MILLION 1937 DELAHAYE 135 COMPETITION COURT TORPEDO ROADSTER TOPS RM'S RECORD-BREAKING AMELIA ISLAND SALE• RM posts its most successful Amelia Island, Florida sale to date, generating an outstanding $35,947,500 with 97 percent of all lots sold, March 8 at the Ritz-Carlton|
• Top seller: The late Malcolm Pray's 1937 Delahaye 135 Competition Court Torpedo Roadster sells for a world auction record $6,600,000, the most valuable car ever sold during the Amelia Island weekend
• Full results are now available at www.rmauctions.com
• RM continues its 2014 calendar with a return to Monaco for the company'....
| Gooding & Company's Amelia Island Auction Brings $30.9 Million in 2014• Four cars sell above the $2 million mark and nine cars sell above $1 million|
• 15 new auction records set for marques including Porsche, BMW and Ferrari
Amelia Island, Fl. (March 8, 2014) – Gooding & Company, the auction house acclaimed for selling the world's most significant and valuable collector cars, realized $30.9 million during its Amelia Island Auction. The auction house sold 78 of 88 lots, which resulted in an 89% sale rate and an impressive average price of $....
|Amelia Island Concours PreviewThe events happening prior to the Amelia Island Concours included The Porsche Driving Experience, Passport Transport Eight Flags Road Tour, Hasselblad Automotive Photography Exhibit, Test Drives, Auctions, and so much more. As the show cars, exhibitions, and enthusiasts descending upon the Amelia Island area, a plethora of automotive art can be found everywhere. Here is but a few of those sights. Enjoy the preview.....|
| ALEXANDER CALDER BMW ART CAR HIGHLIGHTS CLASS OF BMW 3.0CSLS AT 2014 AMELIA ISLAND CONCOURS D'ELEGANCE◾BMW-Powered McLaren F1 GTR featured in class of McLaren cars|
◾BMW Group Classic display includes the David Hobbs 320 Turbo race car as well as BMW M1 and first generation M3 and 3 Series Convertible
◾All-new BMW i8 Sports Car and M4 Coupe also Highlighted
◾BMW Technology Award to recognize the best example of cutting edge technology in its day
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – March 7, 2014 . . . The very first BMW Art Car, a BMW 3.0 CSL, designed by American artist Alexander Calder, will be a....