|Duesenberg Model SJ Sells For $4.51 Million and Records Tumble At RM'S Amelia Island Sale|
| • RM Auctions continues strong track record at Amelia Island, Florida posting more than $26.8 million in sales with 92 percent of all lots sold
• Top seller: stunning 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Walker-LaGrande Convertible Coupe realizes a spectacular $4,510,000 to claim the title as the most valuable automobile sold during this year's Amelia Island weekend
• Five lots achieve individual million-dollar-plus results
• Packed auction room sees bidders hail from 14 countries around the world
AMELIA ISLAND, Florida (11 March, 2013) – RM Auctions, the official auction house of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, continued its run of fantastic 2013 results this past weekend with a highly successful Amelia Island, Florida sale which saw records tumble and more than $26.8 million* grossed with over 92 percent of all lots sold.
|BILL WARNER IS RRDC'S 2014 BOB AKIN AWARD WINNERDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Jan. 22, 2015) - Bill Warner, best known as the force behind the hugely successful Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance since 1996, received the 2014 Bob Akin Award from the Road Racing Drivers Club at a dinner prior to the running of the Rolex 24 At Daytona, the season opener of the 2015 TUDOR SportsCar Championship.|
Each recipient of this honor, considered the top award in motorsports for amateur, vintage/historic or semi-professional drivers, is selected by Akin's ....
|RK Motors Charlotte Acquires Iconic '66 Le Mans-Winning P/1064 GT40Historic Racecar Undergoes 20-Month Restoration That Will Culminate With Appearance at 2016 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance |
CHARLOTTE (January 20, 2015) — RK Motors Charlotte today announced it has purchased one of motorsports history's most iconic racecars – the 1966 LeMans-winning #2, P/1064 GT40, the first American-built car to win endurance racing's most prestigious competition.
The company also revealed a comprehensive, 20-month restoration has begun, culminating with....
|Scottsdale Auction Makes $25-MillionThe stunningly beautiful and historic 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB Competizione, which won its class at Le Mans, Spa and Imola, raced to the forefront of the Scottsdale auction on 15 January. It sold for $9,405,000, setting a new world auction record for the model. The sale achieved a nearly 90% sell-through rate.|
Held at the picturesque Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, the fourth annual Bonhams event was at full capacity, with an audience of international bidders spilling outside the auction pavilion a....
|Historic 1964 Ferrari 250 LM Races to an Impressive $9.6 Million as Records Tumble at RM's Arizona Sale• RM Auctions achieves its strongest performance to date in Arizona: $63.7 million in total sales with 90 percent of all lots sold|
• 1964 Ferrari 250 LM achieves $9.6 million to secure the title as the most valuable automobile sold in Arizona auction history
• 17 motor cars achieve million-dollar-plus results with numerous new auction records established
• RM's 2015 calendar continues in Paris, February 4, and Amelia Island, Florida, March 14
PHOENIX, Arizona (January 18, 2015) – RM....