|2014 Corvette Stingray Starts At $51,995|
| The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray coupe will have a suggested starting retail price of $51,995, and the Corvette Stingray Convertible will start at $56,995. Both prices include a $995 destination fee but exclude tax, title, and license.
'The 2014 Corvette Stingray perfectly embodies Chevrolet's mission to deliver more than expected for our customers,' said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. 'The Corvette Stingray delivers a combination of performance, design and technology that very few manufacturers can match, and none can even come close for $52,000.'
Standard features on the all-new 2014 Corvette Stingray include:
• Seating with lightweight magnesium frames for exceptional support, and eight-way power adjustment|
• Five-position Drive Mode Selector that tailors up to 12 vehicle attributes
• 6.2L LT1 V-8 engine with direct injection, Active Fuel Management, continuously variable valve timing and an advanced combustion system
• Carbon fiber hood on all models, and a carbon fiber removable roof panel on coupes
• Aluminum frame that is 99 pounds lighter (45 kg) and 57-percent stiffer than the previous model's structure
• Advanced, high-intensity discharge (HID) and light-emitting diode (LED) lighting
• Dual, eight-inch configurable driver/infotainment screens, with next-generation Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system and rear vision camera
• Bose nine-speaker audio system with SiriusXM Satellite radio, Bluetooth connectivity, USB and SD card and auxiliary input jack
• Keyless access with push-button start
• Power tilt/telescope steering wheel
• An all-new, fully electronic top on the convertible that can be lowered remotely using the key fob
As shown at the North American International Auto Show, the Stingray coupe fitted with the major available options would be $73,360, including: • 3LT interior package, with leather-wrapped interior ($8,005)
• Z51 Performance Package ($2,800)
• Competition sports seats ($2,495)
• Exposed-carbon-fiber roof panel ($1,995)
• Magnetic Ride Control with Performance Traction Management ($1,795)
• Dual-mode exhaust system ($1,195)
• Carbon fiber interior trim ($995)
• Sueded, microfiber-wrapped upper interior trim ($995)
• Red-painted calipers ($595)
• Black-painted wheels ($495)
The 3LT interior package includes: Bose 10-speaker surround-sound audio system; SiriusXM Satellite radio with one-year subscription and HD radio receiver; color head-up display; memory package; navigation system; heated and ventilated seats with power lumbar and bolster adjustment; premium Napa leather seating surfaces; and leather-wrapped dash and instrument panel, console and door panels. The Z51 Performance Package includes: high-performance gear ratios; transmission-cooling system; larger 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels and tires; larger, slotted rotors and brake-cooling ducts; electronic limited-slip differential and differential cooling system; unique chassis tuning; and available Magnetic Ride Control active-handling system with Performance Traction Management. Equipped with the Z51 package, the Corvette Stingray is capable of accelerating from 0–60 mph in under four seconds, and more than 1 g in cornering. About Chevrolet Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.5 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.
|REVVING IT UP IN DETROIT• NAIAS prepares to raise curtain on world stage|
DETROIT, Dec. 18, 2014 -- With just under a month to go until the 2015 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) opens its doors to the international press Jan. 12-13, the good news continues to pour into Detroit. One of the most important automotive events on the planet, NAIAS is consistently the strategic choice of global automakers to launch their new products on Detroit's world stage.
To view the multimedia assets a....
|NEW YORK CITY SETS START DATE OF APRIL 20 FOR TAXI OF TOMORROW WITH NISSAN• Customized Nissan taxi offers latest innovations in safety and passenger and driver comfort|
• Nissan increases supply of wheelchair-accessible taxis
NEW YORK – New York City's Taxi & Limousine Commission (TLC) has set April 20, 2015, as the program start date for the Taxi of Tomorrow program, which calls for most retiring taxis to be replaced with the Nissan NV200 and will significantly increase the number of wheelchair-accessible taxis in the fleet.
Based on the TL....
|VOLKSWAGEN ANNOUNCES DETAILS OF 2015 GOLF R PRE-ORDER• Eagerly anticipated all-wheel-drive Golf R, Volkswagen's highest performance model, will be available for pre-order on January 8, 2015|
Herndon, VA — Volkswagen of America, Inc. today announced the opportunity for customers to pre-order one of the first 500 available 2015 Golf R models, the most powerful production Golf ever offered in the U.S. The pre-order will go live on VW.com/GolfR on January 8th and customers can secure their place in line by paying a $500 reservation fe....
|HYUNDAI TO DEBUT DISPLAY AUDIO SYSTEM AT 2015 CONSUMER ELECTRONICS SHOW◾Brings Android Auto™, which extends the Android™ platform in a way that is purpose built for driving|
◾Brings Apple CarPlay™, the smarter, safer and best iPhone experience, on four wheels
◾Features the next generation Blue Link system with Connected Care, a suite of safety and car care features and remote engine start with climate control
◾Incorporates the latest smartphone-enabled technologies and the next generation Blue Link® system into more lower price Hyundai models without embedded nav....
|BMW UNVEILS THE CONNECTEDDRIVE STORE, ALLOWING U.S. CUSTOMERS TO PURCHASE SERVICES THROUGH BMW VEHICLES.• BMW is the First Auto Manufacturer to Offer an In-Vehicle Store.|
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – December 18, 2014… Today, BMW announced plans to allow customers in the U.S. to use an all-new ConnectedDrive Store while inside their BMW vehicle to purchase select ConnectedDrive services, intelligent services and apps that provide drivers with information and entertainment during a drive. BMW is the first auto manufacturer to offer this convenience through the car in addition to sales chan....