|2014 Corvette Stingray Starts At $51,995|
| The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray coupe will have a suggested starting retail price of $51,995, and the Corvette Stingray Convertible will start at $56,995. Both prices include a $995 destination fee but exclude tax, title, and license.
'The 2014 Corvette Stingray perfectly embodies Chevrolet's mission to deliver more than expected for our customers,' said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. 'The Corvette Stingray delivers a combination of performance, design and technology that very few manufacturers can match, and none can even come close for $52,000.'
Standard features on the all-new 2014 Corvette Stingray include:
• Seating with lightweight magnesium frames for exceptional support, and eight-way power adjustment|
• Five-position Drive Mode Selector that tailors up to 12 vehicle attributes
• 6.2L LT1 V-8 engine with direct injection, Active Fuel Management, continuously variable valve timing and an advanced combustion system
• Carbon fiber hood on all models, and a carbon fiber removable roof panel on coupes
• Aluminum frame that is 99 pounds lighter (45 kg) and 57-percent stiffer than the previous model's structure
• Advanced, high-intensity discharge (HID) and light-emitting diode (LED) lighting
• Dual, eight-inch configurable driver/infotainment screens, with next-generation Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system and rear vision camera
• Bose nine-speaker audio system with SiriusXM Satellite radio, Bluetooth connectivity, USB and SD card and auxiliary input jack
• Keyless access with push-button start
• Power tilt/telescope steering wheel
• An all-new, fully electronic top on the convertible that can be lowered remotely using the key fob
As shown at the North American International Auto Show, the Stingray coupe fitted with the major available options would be $73,360, including: • 3LT interior package, with leather-wrapped interior ($8,005)
• Z51 Performance Package ($2,800)
• Competition sports seats ($2,495)
• Exposed-carbon-fiber roof panel ($1,995)
• Magnetic Ride Control with Performance Traction Management ($1,795)
• Dual-mode exhaust system ($1,195)
• Carbon fiber interior trim ($995)
• Sueded, microfiber-wrapped upper interior trim ($995)
• Red-painted calipers ($595)
• Black-painted wheels ($495)
The 3LT interior package includes: Bose 10-speaker surround-sound audio system; SiriusXM Satellite radio with one-year subscription and HD radio receiver; color head-up display; memory package; navigation system; heated and ventilated seats with power lumbar and bolster adjustment; premium Napa leather seating surfaces; and leather-wrapped dash and instrument panel, console and door panels. The Z51 Performance Package includes: high-performance gear ratios; transmission-cooling system; larger 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels and tires; larger, slotted rotors and brake-cooling ducts; electronic limited-slip differential and differential cooling system; unique chassis tuning; and available Magnetic Ride Control active-handling system with Performance Traction Management. Equipped with the Z51 package, the Corvette Stingray is capable of accelerating from 0–60 mph in under four seconds, and more than 1 g in cornering. About Chevrolet Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.5 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.
|GM INVESTS $233 MILLION FOR NEW ENGINES; WILL BUILD CADILLAC SRX IN SPRING HILLInvestments support customer demand for small displacement engines|
SPRING HILL, Tenn. – General Motors will invest $185 million to make small gas engines at its Spring Hill manufacturing complex, retaining 390 jobs. GM also identified the next-generation Cadillac SRX as a future mid-size vehicle to be produced at Spring Hill.
An additional $48.4 million investment is planned for the Bedford, Ind. powertrain castings plant, creating or retaining 45 jobs.
Both investments s....
|2015 TAHOE AND SUBURBAN ADD CONNECTIVITY, CONVENIENCEOnStar 4G LTE, wireless charging and hands-free liftgate enhance new SUVs|
DETROIT – New connectivity and convenience features are coming this fall to the recently launched 2015 Tahoe and Suburban, enhancing the redesigned SUVs and adding to the momentum of one of Chevrolet's most successful launches this year.
The new features include OnStar 4G LTE with a standard built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, wireless phone charging capability and a hands-free liftgate. All will be offered in vehi....
|VOLKSWAGEN ANNOUNCES PRICING OF 2015 E-GOLFThe most versatile Electric Vehicle in its class goes on sale in November, priced at $35,445 for the fully equipped SEL Premium model|
• Drivetrain consists of 24.2 kWh lithium-ion battery and an electric motor with 199 pound-feet of torque; 7.2 kW onboard charger is standard
• Standard fast charging capability allows 80 percent battery charge within 30 minutes
• First U.S.-market Volkswagen to be fitted with all-LED headlights
Herndon, VA — Volkswagen of America, Inc., today, announced pr....
|VOLVO LEADING THE INDUSTRY WITH CAR CONNECTIVITY AND TELEMATICS AS STANDARD ON EVERY MODELComprehensive connected car and infotainment platform is offered across the entire 2015.5 Volvo lineup|
◾Access to the Internet and a range of entertainment/navigation apps, including Pandora, Yelp, and Glympse
◾3G connectivity with Wi-Fi hotspot and tethering capabilities
◾Volvo On Call smartphone app with vehicle status, remote lock, unlock, and start, car locator and more
◾24/7 call center support with in-car roadside assistance support and on-the-go service scheduling
◾Refreshed user i....
|NISSAN ANNOUNCES U.S. PRICING FOR 2015 FRONTIER MID-SIZE PICKUP AND XTERRA SUVNASHVILLE, Tenn. – Nissan today announced U.S. pricing for the 2015 Nissan Frontier and 2015 Nissan Xterra, which are on sale now at Nissan dealers nationwide.|
The Nissan Frontier continues to be a leader in the mid-size truck segment, combining premium hardware, extraordinary power and an exceptional level of on- and off-road performance. Frontier's starting Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price* remains unchanged at $17,990 USD (Frontier S King Cab 4x2 I4 5MT).
For 2015, Frontier....