Auctions America's California & Auburn Fall Events To Broadcast Live On NBC Sports Network Company press release.
• Auctions America announces exclusive live television coverage of its California and Auburn Fall sales on NBC Sports Network
• Delivered to more than 80 million homes, new in-depth collector car auction coverage complements NBC Sports Network's growing motor programming
• Rare 1964 Shelby 289 Cobra to play starring role in coverage of Auctions America's debut California sale
• Auburn Fall event represents longest running collector car auction in history
AUBURN, Indiana (June 6, 2013)
– Leading collector car auction house, Auctions America, is excited to announce exclusive live television coverage of its highly anticipated California and Auburn Fall auctions this August and September on the Sports Emmy Award-winning NBC Sports Network and live streaming coverage via NBC Sports Live Extra. Along with tracking live gavel-to-gavel action, the exciting new Auctions America programming will showcase the stories behind featured automobiles, as well as provide a glimpse into the characters of the global collector car hobby. This in-depth auction programming complements the NBC Sports Network's growing motor content, which includes Formula One and the IZOD IndyCar Series. NBC Sports Live Extra, NBC Sports Group's live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices and tablets, will live stream coverage of Auctions America for the first time. Coverage will stream live to the digital platforms of participating cable, satellite, and telco services, via 'TV Everywhere,' which is available on an authenticated basis to subscribers of participating MVPDs.
'We are thrilled to be working with the team at NBC Sports Network to make the Auctions America experience available to more than 80 million homes across the U.S. later this summer,' says Donnie Gould, president of Auctions America. 'The addition of live TV and streaming will help those unable to join us in person to experience all the excitement in real-time, as well as help us showcase not only the quality of our offerings and their fascinating histories, but also the expertise and professionalism of our team.'
'Auctions America is a great addition to our programming,' says Jeff Macaluso, Senior Director of Programming, NBC Sports Network. 'We look forward to presenting 15 hours of exclusive live event coverage of Auctions America on NBC Sports Network and NBC Sports Live Extra for the first time ever in the coming months.'
Produced by Roger Wilco Productions, the exclusive programming will include six hours of live coverage from Auctions America's debut California sale on August 2 - 3, plus more than nine hours of coverage from the company's flagship Auburn Fall sale, August 29 - 31. Full details are available online at auctionsamerica.com.
Headlining the California sale will be a rare, fully restored 1964 Shelby 289 Cobra, CSX2561. One of less than 20 factory-delivered automatic cars, this fully-documented, matching-numbers, ex-Factory demonstrator is equipped with its original factory components including motor, transmission, body, and rear-end and boasts just 40,000 miles from new. Road tested by an Auctions America specialist, it is presented in fantastic running condition, ready for the road or show.
Trending NewsVolkswagen Group Deliveries Grow 11.1 Percent In NovemberBloodhound Targets 500Mph In South Africa In 2018Volvo Car UK Opens Advanced New £6M Training And Development Centre In DaventryAll-New Nissan Micra's 1.0-Litre Engine Offers Outstanding Urban PerformanceAlpine'S UK Sales Network Announced
A short video highlighting CSX2561 is available online at www.auctionsamerica.com/california-cobra. The Cobra leads an exciting roster of more than 400 quality collector cars expected at the California sale, including a diverse assortment of American and European classics and sports cars, Detroit muscle, hot rods, and customs.
The California auction will be closely followed by Auctions America's Auburn Fall event, August 29 – September 1 at the historic Auburn Auction Park in Indiana. A Labor Day weekend tradition spanning more than 43 consecutive years, the event is the longest running collector car auction in history. This year's sale will feature approximately 1,300 classics, exotics, hot rods and muscle cars.
For further information, visit auctionsamerica.com or call toll-free 1-877-906-2437 (+1 260-927-9797 outside North America).
About Auctions America
Formed in July 2010, Auctions America specializes in the sale of American classics, European sports cars, Detroit muscle, hot rods and customs. Headquartered at the historic Auburn Auction Park in Indiana, Auctions America boasts an expert team of full-time vehicle specialists, who offer over 140 years of combined experience buying, selling, racing and restoring collector vehicles, making them uniquely qualified to advise on all aspects of the hobby. The company's established roster of annual events are held in some of the country's leading automotive destinations including Auburn, Indiana; Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Carlisle, Pennsylvania and Burbank, California. To learn more about Auctions America, visit auctionsamerica.com, find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @auctionsamerica.
About NBC Sports Network
NBC Sports Network, part of the NBC Sports Group, is dedicated to serving passionate sports fans. Now in more than 80 million homes, the Emmy-award winning network is the cable television home of the Summer and Winter Olympics, National Hockey League (NHL), Major League Soccer (MLS), IZOD IndyCar Series, Tour de France, the 34th America's Cup, Premier League and Formula One. In addition, NBC Sports Network features college football, college basketball, college hockey, cycling, outdoor programming, horse racing surrounding the Triple Crown and Breeders' Cup, Fight Night boxing, Ironman, the Dew Action Sports Tour and USA Sevens Rugby. The network is also home to original programs such as Costas Tonight, The Crossover, NFL Turning Point, Pro Football Talk and The Dan Patrick Show. NBC Sports Network is distributed via cable systems and satellite operators throughout the United States.
Photo Caption: 1964 Shelby 289 Cobra (Photo Credit Pawel Litwinski © 2013 Courtesy of Auctions America)