Volvo Car Corporation reinforces efficiency leadership with new initiatives in model year 2013
blog comments powered by Disqus
| Volvo Car Corporation reinforces its European leadership in fuel efficiency improvement by new CO2 initiatives. From model year 2013 the majority of all diesel-powered versions of the Volvo S60, V60, V70 and S80 will have CO2 emissions below 120 g/km. All of the larger cars in Volvo's model range can also be equipped with the new systems Road Sign Information, Active High Beam and Tunnel Detection.
'The conventional diesel and petrol power trains continue to play a major role on the environmental agenda. We continuously improve their efficiency. In the last two years Volvo has brought CO2 emissions from our diesel and petrol model ranges down by 13 percent and in model year 2013 we introduce several new improvements,' says Peter Mertens, Senior Vice President Research and Development of Volvo Car Corporation.
New diesel with 136 hp
Volvo Car Corporation extends the diesel offer with a new entry-level 5-cylinder, 2.0-litre turbo diesel in the Volvo S60, V60, XC60, V70 and S80 models.
• The new Active High Beam technology offers automatic switching between high and low beam at the right moment.
• Tunnel Detection automatically turns on the headlight when the car enters a tunnel.
All models with automatic gearbox come with the new illuminated gearshift knob, first introduced in the all-new Volvo V40. The gearshift knob is transparent and LED-illuminated from inside. The pattern is reflected to create an exclusive 3D illusion. Other model year 2013 news • A new 5-spoke forged, 18-inch aluminium wheel is available for the Volvo S60, V60, V70 and S80.
• The 11-spoke, 17-inch Saga wheel for the Volvo V70 and S80 is updated with black contrast paint on the diamond-cut parts.
• The Volvo V70 gets an updated grille with glossy black details.
• The brushed aluminium décor for the Volvo XC60 will also be available in the S60 and V60.
The model year 2013 versions of the Volvo S60, V60, XC60, V70, XC70 and S80 will be available before the summer 2012.