|The 32nd re-enactment STARTS IN California|
|RM Auctions to Sell Historic Daytona 24 Hour-Winning Jaguar XJR-9 at Amelia Island• RM Auctions secures Works Jaguar XJR-9 for its Amelia Island, Florida sale, March 14, 2015|
• The sole remaining original of only two purpose-built IMSA specification XJR-9s constructed, chassis 388 enjoyed huge record of success through 1988, 1989 and 1990
• 2015 marks 25th anniversary of this actual car's historic 1990 Daytona 24 hour victory in the hands of Jones/Lammers/Wallace
• XJR-9 leads a handpicked selection of 80 automobiles at RM's Amelia Island sale, the official auction of the ....
|THE SUCCESSFUL PARTNERSHIP WITH THE US RACE DRIVER AND ACTOR CONTINUES IN 2015Atlanta. Patrick Dempsey will tackle the 2015 motorsport season at the wheel of a Porsche 911 RSR in the Sports Car World Endurance Championship WEC, including the world famous Le Mans 24-hour race. The American actor and race driver, who thrills fans all over the world in his role as 'McDreamy' in the medical drama 'Grey's Anatomy', has been following his passion for racing since 2013 as a member of the Porsche motorsport family. With the expanded race program, the successful alliance be....|
|Pinehurst Concours Announces Chief Judge for 2015VILLAGE OF PINEHURST, N.C. (Nov. 20, 2014) – Internationally-renowned concours judge Nigel Matthews has been named chief judge of the 2015 Pinehurst Concours d'Elegance, a vintage car showcase the first Saturday in May in the North Carolina Sandhills, event president Jay Howard announced Thursday.|
In addition to Matthews being named chief judge, the Pinehurst Concours has unveiled its 12 collector classes for the judged competition to be staged on the fairways of Pinehurst Resort on Ma....
|ONE-OF-A-KIND FORD 'SHORTY' MUSTANG OFFERED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 47 YEARS AT AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE• Auctions America kicks off its 2015 collector car calendar, March 27-29 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale is expected to feature nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Early entries led by a one-off 1964½ Ford Mustang III 'Shorty' Factory Prototype, one of few surviving 'Total Performance'-era Ford factory prototypes
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at auctionsamer....
|JEREMY GRENIER IS 44th RRDC MARK DONOHUE AWARD WINNERHILLIARD, Ohio (Nov. 19, 2014) - Jeremy Grenier, 39, of Charles Town, W. Va., is the 44th recipient of the RRDC Mark Donohue Award, presented annually by the Road Racing Drivers Club for outstanding performance, competitiveness and sportsmanship during the SCCA National Championship Runoffs.|
The award is named for RRDC member and former president Mark Donohue, who won his first National Championship in the SCCA E Production class in 1961, and then went on to become one of the U.S.A.'s ....
|Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion to Celebrate 50th Anniversary of Shelby GT350 MustangMONTEREY, Calif., November 17, 2014 —The Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion will celebrate the 50th anniversary of one of the most recognizable road racing cars of the '60s – the Shelby GT350 Mustang – as the 2015 featured marque August 13-16, 2015 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.|
The Shelby GT350 Mustang came onto the scene just one year after the Ford Mustang debuted. Ford Motor Company, already having success with Carroll Shelby in the Cobra program, enlisted Shelby to make the new Mu....