|Volkswagen Reports 31.5 Percent Increase in April U.S. Sales|
|– Best April since 1971 marking the seventh month in a row in excess of 30 percent sales gains –
– Passat sales exceed 10,000 units for second record month in a row, with 10,096 sold–
• April sales total 37,525 units a 38 percent increase year-to-date
• Passat, the 2012 Motor Trend Car of the Year, sold 10,096 units, its best month ever
• Best April Beetle sales since 2003
• Best April sales ever for GTI
|FINALISTS ANNOUNCED FOR 2015 'GREEN CAR OF THE YEAR®'• Green Car Journal to Reveal Winner of the 10th Annual Award at LA Auto Show® Press & Trade Days, November 20|
LOS ANGELES, CA (October 21, 2014) – Green Car Journal has announced its five finalists for the magazine's high-profile 2015 Green Car of the Year® program. The 2015 models include the Audi A3 TDI, BMW i3, Chevrolet Impala Bi-Fuel, Honda Fit, and VW Golf. The Green Car of the Year® award, an honor widely recognized as the auto industry's most important environmental acc....
|U.S. PUBLIC TRANSIT AGENCIES ADOPTING NEW CLEAN DIESEL TECHNOLOGY AT FASTER RATE THAN NATIONAL AVERAGEHouston, TX – Advancements in new clean diesel technology have resulted in transit buses with near zero emissions being adopted by U.S. transit officials at a faster pace than other large vehicle sectors, according to Ezra Finkin, the Director of Policy for the Diesel Technology Forum.|
Finkin made his comments today at the American Public Transportation Association's (APTA) Expo Bus and Maintenance Technical Session in Houston.
Finkin explained that U.S. transit agencies were adopti....
|Audi A7 named Best Model in Strategic Vision and ALG Total Value™ Index- Audi Q5 and Q7 also recognized as category leaders|
- Study considers new vehicle owner input and ALG residual value information
- More than 46,173 new car buyers studied for results
HERNDON, Va., October 14, 2014 – Owners of the Audi A7 helped name it the Best Model overall in the newly released 2014 Total Value Index (TVI) study, presented by Strategic Vision and ALG.
Additionally, the Audi A7 topped the Luxury Car category, while the Audi Q5 and Q7 were named the top Near-....
|All-New Mazda Demio Wins Car of the Year JapanHIROSHIMA, Japan—Mazda Motor Corporation's all-new Mazda Demio (Mazda2 outside Japan) was today named the 2014-2015 Car of the Year Japan by the Japan Car of the Year Committee.|
Following the Mazda CX-5, Mazda Atenza (Mazda6) and Mazda Axela (Mazda3), the all-new Demio is the fourth in Mazda's line-up of new-generation models that adopt the full range of SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY*1 and the KODO-Soul of Motion design language.
Aspiring to create a new-generation subcompact that would shatt....
|INFINITI'S GLOBAL GROWTH PLANS GATHER PACEHONG KONG – Since establishing its global headquarters in Hong Kong and inaugurating Infiniti Motor Company Limited, Infiniti has taken decisive steps to strengthen its brand presence and globalize its business.|
The relocation to Hong Kong means Infiniti is strategically placed for growth in emerging luxury markets such as China while remaining closely connected to the west.
An experienced management team has been assembled comprising leading multi-national executives from stand-out....
|VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA REPORTS SEPTEMBER 2014 SALESSeptember sales total 25,996 units|
• The all-new Golf delivered1,887 units for the month, marking a 93.1 percent increase in sales for the model over the previous September
• The Golf GTI delivered 1,600 units, a 47.6 percent increase
• Jetta sedan delivered 8,980 units for the month
• Passat delivered 7,280 units for the month
• High-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models accounted for 5,715 units, representing 22 percent of sales in September
• Year-to-date TDI sales were 63,099, re....