|Volkswagen Reports 31.5 Percent Increase in April U.S. Sales|
|– Best April since 1971 marking the seventh month in a row in excess of 30 percent sales gains –
– Passat sales exceed 10,000 units for second record month in a row, with 10,096 sold–
• April sales total 37,525 units a 38 percent increase year-to-date
• Passat, the 2012 Motor Trend Car of the Year, sold 10,096 units, its best month ever
• Best April Beetle sales since 2003
• Best April sales ever for GTI
|2015 VOLKSWAGEN JETTA EARNS TOP SAFETY PICK+ RATING FROM THE INSURANCE INSTITUTE FOR HIGHWAY SAFETYHerndon, VA – (September 18,2014) The redesigned 2015 Jetta, when equipped with the optional Forward Collision Warning system, has been named a 2014 TOP SAFETY PICK+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).|
The 2015 Jetta offers a combination of both passive and active systems and has been engineered to meet or exceed current crash regulations. The Jetta features a number of available driver assistance systems, including Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert and Forw....
|BENEFITS & FUTURE ADVANCEMENTS IN NEW CLEAN DIESEL TECHNOLOGY HIGHLIGHTED AT EPA'S WEST COAST COLLABORATIVE MEETINGSan Francisco, CA – At the Environmental Protection Agency's 10th annual West Coast Collaborative meeting the Diesel Technology Forum highlighted the evolution of diesel power as workhorse and economic engine through the transformation to near zero emissions with a future focus to help California and the nation meet energy and climate goals.|
'Clean diesel is a national success story and for the last 10 years the West Coast Collaborative has played a key role in bringing stakeholders to....
|Fresh power for an established winner – the new Audi A6 and A6 Avant• Prof. Dr. Ulrich Hackenberg: 'The Audi A6* represents innovative technology and Audi's premium claim' |
• New engines make the A6 family even more efficient and powerful
• New infotainment and assistance systems set standards
The winner in the business class has just gotten better – Audi has thoroughly updated the A6 family. New engines, transmissions and headlights, plus a new infotainment system make the Sedan and Avant more efficient, more powerful, more attractive....
|VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA REPORTS AUGUST 2014 SALESAugust sales total 35,181 units|
• The all-new Golf delivered 1,773 units for the month, marking a 17.3 percent increase in sales for the model over the previous August
• The Golf GTI delivered 2,026 units, a 46.7 percent increase
• Passat delivered 9,190 units for the month
• Jetta sedan delivered 13,406 units for the month
• Tiguan delivered 2,151 units for the month
• High-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models accounted for 8,182 units, representing 23.3 percent of sales in August
|Audi achieves best month ever in history of U.S. sales- August stands as the 44th consecutive month of record U.S. sales|
- Sales for the most recent month rose 22.1% to 17,101 vehicles
- Best month of sales for Audi Certified pre-owned vehicles
HERNDON, Va., September 3, 2014 – Audi achieved the best month ever in AoA sales history in August 2014. This month's record sales increased to 22.1% to 17,101 vehicles, a total that stands as the 44th consecutive month of record monthly U.S. sales for the brand. Audi U.S. sales year-to-date ha....
|Even more powerful and efficient – the new 48-volt technology from Audi• Important building block in electrification strategy |
• More voltage and more power for new technologies
• Scalable platform concept suitable for wide-ranging uses
Audi is to upgrade part of its vehicle electrical system from twelve to 48 volts. The move represents another technical building block for facilitating the integration of new automotive technologies while increasing the power and efficiency of its cars.
'We are using the full bandwidth of electrifica....