|Volkswagen Reports 31.5 Percent Increase in April U.S. Sales|
|– Best April since 1971 marking the seventh month in a row in excess of 30 percent sales gains –
– Passat sales exceed 10,000 units for second record month in a row, with 10,096 sold–
• April sales total 37,525 units a 38 percent increase year-to-date
• Passat, the 2012 Motor Trend Car of the Year, sold 10,096 units, its best month ever
• Best April Beetle sales since 2003
• Best April sales ever for GTI
|Even more powerful and efficient – the new 48-volt technology from Audi• Important building block in electrification strategy |
• More voltage and more power for new technologies
• Scalable platform concept suitable for wide-ranging uses
Audi is to upgrade part of its vehicle electrical system from twelve to 48 volts. The move represents another technical building block for facilitating the integration of new automotive technologies while increasing the power and efficiency of its cars.
'We are using the full bandwidth of electrifica....
|VOLKSWAGEN ANNOUNCES PRICING OF 2015 JETTA, STARTING AT $16,215The latest Jetta features new front, rear and interior styling, enhanced content, new driver assistance systems, and improved fuel efficiency|
• The entry-level 2.0L trim starts at just $16,215, featuring a standard five-speed manual transmission
• New limited-edition 1.8T Sport trim offers lowered sport suspension, navigation, rearview camera, rear spoiler and darkened taillights, starting at $20,895
• New driver assistance systems available: Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Traffic Alert, Forward C....
|DIESEL ENGINES EMERGING AS NEW TECHNOLOGY FOR FUTURE OF GENERAL AVIATION AIRCRAFTManufacturers Cite Increased Range, Fuel Availability & Better Performance at Altitude As Major Benefits of Diesel Engines|
Washington, D.C. – With several major aircraft and engine manufacturers recently announcing the development of new diesel aircraft engines, the general aviation industry in the United States appears to be entering a new diesel evolution phase, said Allen Schaeffer, the Executive Director of the Diesel Technology Forum.
In just the past month, aircraft and engine manufa....
|VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA REPORTS JULY 2014 SALES◾July sales total 30,553 units|
◾Golf GTI delivered 1,727 units for the month, marking a 39.7 percent increase in sales for the model over the previous July
◾Passat delivered 8,668 units for the month
◾Jetta sedan delivered 11,008 units for the month
◾Tiguan delivered 2,121units for the month
◾High-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models accounted for 7,062 units, representing 23.1 percent of sales in July
o Year-to-date TDI sales were 49,202, representing 23.5 percent of sales
o Passat ....
|Audi achieves 43rd consecutive record month of U.S. sales in July- Sales for the most recent month rose 11.9% to 14,616 vehicles |
- Demand for the all-new Audi A3 Sedan remained strong deep into its launch year
- Due to lean inventories, Audi pulled its 2015 model launch ahead
HERNDON, Va., August 1, 2014 – Audi reported that its July 2014 sales increased 11.9% to 14,616 vehicles, a total that stands as the 43rd consecutive month of record monthly U.S. sales for the brand. Audi U.S. sales year-to-date increased 13.3% to 98,965 vehicles.
|2015 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF TDI NAMED 2014 NORTHWEST GREEN CAR OF THE YEARAll-New Golf TDI recognized by top automotive journalists in the Pacific Northwest|
• 2015 Golf TDI tops Alternative Fuel category and receives Northwest Green Car of the Year honors
• New more powerful EA288 TDI Clean Diesel Engine combines performance, fuel efficiency and value
• New TDI® S model reduces Clean Diesel entry pricing by more than $3,000
Herndon, VA, July 21, 2014 — The all-new 2015 Volkswagen Golf TDI was named Northwest Green Vehicle of the Year for 2014 and ....
|MODEL YEAR 2015: NEW GOLF FAMILY, REDESIGNED JETTA, AND NEW TDI® CLEAN DIESEL ENGINE HEAD THE CHANGESIn a busy year, Volkswagen will also add a new Golf SportWagen, an all-new Golf R, a redesigned Touareg SUV, and the company's first U.S.-market EV, the e-Golf|
• All-new Golf is bigger, lighter, and more fuel-efficient than the previous model, seats five, and has a larger trunk than any midsize sedan
• New Golf GTI has 210-horsepower engine, with improved fuel efficiency and performance
• e-Golf is Volkswagen's first full Battery Electric Vehicle for sale in the U.S.
• Redesigned Jett....