|Volkswagen Reports 31.5 Percent Increase in April U.S. Sales|
|– Best April since 1971 marking the seventh month in a row in excess of 30 percent sales gains –
– Passat sales exceed 10,000 units for second record month in a row, with 10,096 sold–
• April sales total 37,525 units a 38 percent increase year-to-date
• Passat, the 2012 Motor Trend Car of the Year, sold 10,096 units, its best month ever
• Best April Beetle sales since 2003
• Best April sales ever for GTI
|DIESEL ENGINES EMERGING AS NEW TECHNOLOGY FOR FUTURE OF GENERAL AVIATION AIRCRAFTManufacturers Cite Increased Range, Fuel Availability & Better Performance at Altitude As Major Benefits of Diesel Engines|
Washington, D.C. – With several major aircraft and engine manufacturers recently announcing the development of new diesel aircraft engines, the general aviation industry in the United States appears to be entering a new diesel evolution phase, said Allen Schaeffer, the Executive Director of the Diesel Technology Forum.
In just the past month, aircraft and engine manufa....
|VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA REPORTS JULY 2014 SALES◾July sales total 30,553 units|
◾Golf GTI delivered 1,727 units for the month, marking a 39.7 percent increase in sales for the model over the previous July
◾Passat delivered 8,668 units for the month
◾Jetta sedan delivered 11,008 units for the month
◾Tiguan delivered 2,121units for the month
◾High-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models accounted for 7,062 units, representing 23.1 percent of sales in July
o Year-to-date TDI sales were 49,202, representing 23.5 percent of sales
o Passat ....
|Audi achieves 43rd consecutive record month of U.S. sales in July- Sales for the most recent month rose 11.9% to 14,616 vehicles |
- Demand for the all-new Audi A3 Sedan remained strong deep into its launch year
- Due to lean inventories, Audi pulled its 2015 model launch ahead
HERNDON, Va., August 1, 2014 – Audi reported that its July 2014 sales increased 11.9% to 14,616 vehicles, a total that stands as the 43rd consecutive month of record monthly U.S. sales for the brand. Audi U.S. sales year-to-date increased 13.3% to 98,965 vehicles.
|2015 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF TDI NAMED 2014 NORTHWEST GREEN CAR OF THE YEARAll-New Golf TDI recognized by top automotive journalists in the Pacific Northwest|
• 2015 Golf TDI tops Alternative Fuel category and receives Northwest Green Car of the Year honors
• New more powerful EA288 TDI Clean Diesel Engine combines performance, fuel efficiency and value
• New TDI® S model reduces Clean Diesel entry pricing by more than $3,000
Herndon, VA, July 21, 2014 — The all-new 2015 Volkswagen Golf TDI was named Northwest Green Vehicle of the Year for 2014 and ....
|MODEL YEAR 2015: NEW GOLF FAMILY, REDESIGNED JETTA, AND NEW TDI® CLEAN DIESEL ENGINE HEAD THE CHANGESIn a busy year, Volkswagen will also add a new Golf SportWagen, an all-new Golf R, a redesigned Touareg SUV, and the company's first U.S.-market EV, the e-Golf|
• All-new Golf is bigger, lighter, and more fuel-efficient than the previous model, seats five, and has a larger trunk than any midsize sedan
• New Golf GTI has 210-horsepower engine, with improved fuel efficiency and performance
• e-Golf is Volkswagen's first full Battery Electric Vehicle for sale in the U.S.
• Redesigned Jett....
|INFINITI ACHIEVES RECORD GLOBAL SALES IN THE FIRST HALF OF 2014◾Continued strong progress towards its growth plan|
◾Further strides towards expanding product portfolio
◾Extending manufacturing footprint to five countries
HONG KONG – Infiniti sold a record 101,220 new vehicles around the world in the first six months in 2014, up 30% compared with a year ago. The brand has broken monthly sales records globally in April, May and June this year. Infiniti grew in 31 markets around the world, including key markets such as the U.S., China, Canada and th....
|AUDI ANNOUNCES 2015 MODEL YEAR VEHICLES AND PRICING- Building on the momentum of 42 consecutive months of record sales, Audi continues with across-the-board improvements for 2015 models|
- More standard features and available options on 2015 Audi model year vehicles
- Audi recently introduced the newly redesigned 2015 A8 model line, including a more powerful engine and new design elements
Model Year 2015 Suggested Retail Prices & Retail Release Dates Continuedly 2, 2014 – Audi today announced its vehicle lineup for the 2015 Model Year, inc....