RM Auctions Lifts Gavel On Charlie Thomas' Texas-Sized Collection of Automobiles
2006 FXX Ferrari
1996 Azure Bentley
1995 Hyena Lancia
1994 EB110 GT Bugatti
1987 F40 Ferrari
1985 XJR-7 Jaguar
1984 Manta 400 Group B Rally Car Opel
1983 J2X Allard
1979 Merak SS Maserati
1978 M378 Le Mans GTP Rondeau
|• RM Auctions further expands its 2012 calendar with the addition of 'The Charlie Thomas Collection', a single-day, single-vendor sale to be held in Dallas, Texas, October 20, 2012 • Auction features a superb assortment of more than 150 collector cars, all offered without reserve • Sale further consolidates RM's reputation as the specialist for private and estate collection auctions RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is delighted to announce the addition of a new single-vendor sale to its ever-expanding 2012 calendar—The Charlie Thomas Collection, to be held October 20 in Dallas, Texas. Well-known by automotive enthusiasts, the impressive Charlie Thomas Collection is the product of two decades of careful and dedicated acquisition by prominent Texas businessman and lifelong auto enthusiast, Charlie Thomas. A prolific car dealer and former owner of the Houston Rockets basketball team, Thomas operated more than 40 car dealerships, one of the largest dealership networks in the United States. In addition, Thomas' love for the automobile has seen him build an incredible 'Texas-sized' collection of American motor cars spanning the spectrum of the market, from American Classics to early flatheads, '50s convertibles, and '60s muscle and sports cars. From Fords to Chevrolets, Chryslers and Pontiacs, every marque is well represented, providing a diverse range of ownership opportunities for savvy collectors. The upcoming auction, scheduled October 20 at the magnificent Gaylord Texan resort in Grapevine (Dallas), a short drive from the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, is planned to help downsize Thomas' impressive collection and will offer more than 150 vehicles 'without reserve'. 'Charlie Thomas is the consummate car guy with a great eye for quality,' says Alain Squindo, Director, Private Collections, RM Auctions. 'A connoisseur of American cars, his collection has a strong emphasis on fully-restored, well-optioned, running and driving examples. These are cars he remembers fondly from his childhood and through his career as a very successful dealer. We are honored to have been entrusted by Charlie to present his personal collection at auction. He joins an impressive list of other prominent collectors we've had the privilege of representing over the years,' Squindo adds. Reflecting Charlie Thomas' lifelong love affair with the famous 'Blue Oval', Fords will be prominently featured at the October auction, with no less than 80 examples slated for the podium. Each exhibiting fantastic fit and finish, the special Ford offering encompasses a wide selection of flathead Fords joined by a series of icons from the fifties and sixties, as represented in a wonderful assortment of Thunderbirds and Mustangs. Among a long list of highlights is a fully-optioned 1935 Ford Deluxe Three-Window Coupe finished in Washington Blue, an award-winning 1941 Ford Super Deluxe Convertible, and a distinctive 1954 Ford Skyliner 'Glasstop'. Also on offer, an exceptionally restored 1958 Lincoln Continental Convertible, a great example of one of the most iconic 1950s Lincolns ever built. The diverse offering also includes an important roster of other celebrated American marques, including but not limited to Auburn, Buick, Cadillac, Desoto, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pierce-Arrow, and Packard. 'The collection is a terrific assembly and celebration of America's rich automotive history—there is truly something for everyone,' Squindo adds. An exclusive video highlighting the collection, including commentary from Charlie Thomas, is available online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfUrFJse69w&list=PL5E32EDB42BFDE796&feature=plcp. The single-day Charlie Thomas Collection sale is the latest in a string of private collection auctions secured for RM Auctions' 2012 calendar and follows on from the highly successful Milhous Collection sale, presented by RM, in association with Sotheby's, in February 2012. In the coming months, RM will also lift the gavel on the distinguished Dingman Collection, June 9–10 in Hampton, New Hampshire, USA, as well as the famed Aalholm Automobile Collection, August 12 in Southern Denmark. For further information on the Charlie Thomas Collection auction, please visit www.rmauctions.com or call +1 519 352 4575. Photo Credit: Darin Schnabel © 2012 courtesy RM Auctions|
| One of the World's Most Valuable, Single-Owner Ferraris to be Sold to Aid Charitable Causes• RM Auctions offers stunning Ferrari 275 GTB/4 N.A.R.T Spyder at its Monterey, California, sale, August 16–17 during the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance week|
• One of the most desirable road going Ferraris built, and one of only 10 cars produced; sale proceeds to be donated to charitable foundation
• Chassis 10709 has been in the same family's ownership from new
• Frequently updated list of entries for RM's flagship Monterey auction available online at rmauctions.com
| Historic Jaguar D-Type Leads Growing List of Significant Entries for RM's Monterey Sale• RM Auctions building towards a spectacular roster of cars for its flagship Monterey sale held during the famous Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance motoring week, August 16–17, in California |
• Historic 1955 Jaguar D-Type leads a superb roster of the world's finest sports and racing cars poised for the RM podium
• Additional star lots include a 1955 Ferrari 750 Monza Scaglietti Spider, a 1950 Ferrari 166 Touring Barchetta, a 1961 Ferrari 400 Superamerica SWB Coupe Aerodinamico and a 1953 Masera....
| RM AUCTIONS ANNOUNCES SPECTACULAR LAIDLAW COMPETITION CAR COLLECTION FOR SEPTEMBER LONDON SALECollection comprises Ex-Works, ex-Ecurie Ecosse Jaguar D-Type ● Ex-Carroll Shelby/Jim Hall Maserati 250S ● Ex-Camoradi Maserati Tipo 61'Birdcage' ● Ex-Ecurie Francorchamps, Le Mans Ferrari 275 GTB/C ● Ex-Works, Le Mans Porsche 904/6 ● Daytona 24-Hours Chevron B16 ● BARC 1000 km Chevron B19 |
• The Irvine Laidlaw Competition Car Collection has been impeccably maintained, is 'on the button' and ready for the world's most competitive driving events
• Outstanding provenance with stunning history th....
| Italian Sports And Racing Exotics Head To RM's Eagerly Anticipated Monterey Sale• RM Auctions announces stunning early roster of blue-chip Italian exotics for its flagship Monterey sale, August 16–17 in California |
• No less than 21 Ferraris already consigned alongside two spectacular Maseratis
• Eight Ferraris offered without reserve from the Estate of William H. Tilley
• Additional early highlights include a fabulous 1931 Duesenberg Model SJ Murphy Convertible Coupe and a 1935 Hispano-Suiza K6 Brandone Cabriolet
• Frequently updated list of entries available online a....
| St James's In Central London New Venue For 2013 Concours Of Elegance- HRH Prince Michael of Kent is Royal Patron -|
Thorough Events Ltd, organiser of last year's inaugural UK Concours of Elegance at Windsor Castle, has announced an extraordinary new location for the 2013 event.
To take place from September 5-7, the 2013 Concours of Elegance will be held in St James's in Central London in an area that encompasses the gardens of 300 year-old Royal Palace Marlborough House, adjacent to The Mall and St James's Palace, official residence of the Sovereig....
| American Classics from the Richard and Linda Kughn Collection Featured at RM's Annual Michigan Sale• RM Auctions returns to Plymouth, Michigan, July 27, for its well-established St. John's sale|
• Single-day auction in automotive heartland features more than 80 historic collector cars
• Sale headlined by a wonderful selection of automobiles from the distinguished collection of Richard and Linda Kughn
• Auction acts as prelude to the Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's on Sunday, July 28
BLENHEIM, Ontario (May 7, 2013) – RM Auctions, the official auction house of the Conc....
|RM Auctions Announces Official Parntership With The St James's Concours Of Elegance• RM Auctions announces that it is the official auction partner of the exclusive St James's Concours of Elegance|
• London auction dates to change from late October to 7-9 September, 2013 to coincide with the highly anticipated concours event
LONDON (3rd May, 2013) – RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is delighted to announce that it has now become the official auction partner of the St James's Palace Concours of Elegance, w....
| RM Auctions In Association With Sotheby's To Showcase Automotive Artistry At New York Sale• RM Auctions, in association with Sotheby's, announces exclusive New York collector car auction, November 21|
• Groundbreaking sale to celebrate the automobile as an art form and feature an elite, handpicked selection of approximately 35 significant motor cars
• Early highlight: bespoke, one-off 1956 Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII 'Supersonic' embodies wonderful concept of 'rolling sculpture'
BLENHEIM, Ontario (April 30, 2013) - RM Auctions, in association with Sotheb....