|RM Auctions Lifts Gavel On Charlie Thomas' Texas-Sized Collection of Automobiles|
|• RM Auctions further expands its 2012 calendar with the addition of 'The Charlie Thomas Collection', a single-day, single-vendor sale to be held in Dallas, Texas, October 20, 2012 • Auction features a superb assortment of more than 150 collector cars, all offered without reserve • Sale further consolidates RM's reputation as the specialist for private and estate collection auctions RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is delighted to announce the addition of a new single-vendor sale to its ever-expanding 2012 calendar—The Charlie Thomas Collection, to be held October 20 in Dallas, Texas. Well-known by automotive enthusiasts, the impressive Charlie Thomas Collection is the product of two decades of careful and dedicated acquisition by prominent Texas businessman and lifelong auto enthusiast, Charlie Thomas. A prolific car dealer and former owner of the Houston Rockets basketball team, Thomas operated more than 40 car dealerships, one of the largest dealership networks in the United States. In addition, Thomas' love for the automobile has seen him build an incredible 'Texas-sized' collection of American motor cars spanning the spectrum of the market, from American Classics to early flatheads, '50s convertibles, and '60s muscle and sports cars. From Fords to Chevrolets, Chryslers and Pontiacs, every marque is well represented, providing a diverse range of ownership opportunities for savvy collectors. The upcoming auction, scheduled October 20 at the magnificent Gaylord Texan resort in Grapevine (Dallas), a short drive from the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, is planned to help downsize Thomas' impressive collection and will offer more than 150 vehicles 'without reserve'. 'Charlie Thomas is the consummate car guy with a great eye for quality,' says Alain Squindo, Director, Private Collections, RM Auctions. 'A connoisseur of American cars, his collection has a strong emphasis on fully-restored, well-optioned, running and driving examples. These are cars he remembers fondly from his childhood and through his career as a very successful dealer. We are honored to have been entrusted by Charlie to present his personal collection at auction. He joins an impressive list of other prominent collectors we've had the privilege of representing over the years,' Squindo adds. Reflecting Charlie Thomas' lifelong love affair with the famous 'Blue Oval', Fords will be prominently featured at the October auction, with no less than 80 examples slated for the podium. Each exhibiting fantastic fit and finish, the special Ford offering encompasses a wide selection of flathead Fords joined by a series of icons from the fifties and sixties, as represented in a wonderful assortment of Thunderbirds and Mustangs. Among a long list of highlights is a fully-optioned 1935 Ford Deluxe Three-Window Coupe finished in Washington Blue, an award-winning 1941 Ford Super Deluxe Convertible, and a distinctive 1954 Ford Skyliner 'Glasstop'. Also on offer, an exceptionally restored 1958 Lincoln Continental Convertible, a great example of one of the most iconic 1950s Lincolns ever built. The diverse offering also includes an important roster of other celebrated American marques, including but not limited to Auburn, Buick, Cadillac, Desoto, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pierce-Arrow, and Packard. 'The collection is a terrific assembly and celebration of America's rich automotive history—there is truly something for everyone,' Squindo adds. An exclusive video highlighting the collection, including commentary from Charlie Thomas, is available online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfUrFJse69w&list=PL5E32EDB42BFDE796&feature=plcp. The single-day Charlie Thomas Collection sale is the latest in a string of private collection auctions secured for RM Auctions' 2012 calendar and follows on from the highly successful Milhous Collection sale, presented by RM, in association with Sotheby's, in February 2012. In the coming months, RM will also lift the gavel on the distinguished Dingman Collection, June 9–10 in Hampton, New Hampshire, USA, as well as the famed Aalholm Automobile Collection, August 12 in Southern Denmark. For further information on the Charlie Thomas Collection auction, please visit www.rmauctions.com or call +1 519 352 4575. Photo Credit: Darin Schnabel © 2012 courtesy RM Auctions|
|Looks, Rarity, Performance: The Ultimate Connoisseur's Ferrari at RM Monterey...LOOKS, RARITY, PERFORMANCE: THE ULTIMATE CONNOISSEUR'S FERRARI, 275 GTB/C SPECIALE HEADLINES RM AUCTIONS' FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE|
• RM Auctions offers the first of only three 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciales, chassis 06701, at its flagship Monterey, California sale, August 15-16
• With its two sibling cars unlikely to ever become available, 06701's offering is a historic and unrepeatable opportunity to acquire one of the world's most important automobiles
• Exceptional 275 GTB/C Speci....
|Exceptional European Highlights Added to RM's 20th Anniversary Motor City Sale• RM Auctions announces a spectacular group of European highlights for its annual Motor City sale, July 26 in Plymouth, Michigan|
• Led by a 1929 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Barker Torpedo Tourer, built for Indian royalty, the roster of European highlights joins a superb series of American classics at the sale, many of which were conceived and built in Detroit
• Celebrating 20 years as the official auction of the Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's, the single-day sale features an excellent....
|REVERED FERRARI 250 LM LEADS SUPERLATIVE ROSTER OF ITALIAN SPORTS CARS AT RM'S FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE· RM Auctions announces a legendary 1964 Ferrari 250 LM by Scaglietti as the latest multi-million-dollar highlight for its flagship Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California |
· 250 LM leads a superb roster of no less than 26 Ferraris at RM's two-day sale; additional new entries include a 1953 250 Europa and a 1963 400 SA LWB Coupe Aerodinamico Series II
· RM joins in Maserati's 100th anniversary celebrations, presenting no less than four examples from the luxury Italian ma....
|Following 65 Years in One of America's Original Collections, the 'Austie' Clark 1911 Mercer Type 35R Raceabout Prepares for Auction Debut• RM Auctions secures one of the 'Great Mercers,' the 'Austie' Clark 1911 Mercer Type 35R Raceabout, for its flagship Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California |
• Boasting an outstanding provenance, the Mercer is offered fresh to the market following single-family ownership since 1949
• Additional recent highlights for RM's Monterey sale include a selection of 18 vehicles from the former Bob Pond Collection
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at www.rmauctions.com
|RM SECURES ONE OF THE MOST SIGNIFICANT FORD GT40S IN EXISTENCE FOR ITS FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE• RM Auctions lifts gavel on a multi-million-dollar 1965 Ford GT40 Roadster Prototype, chassis GT/108, at its highly anticipated Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California|
• Fresh to the market following more than two decades in single-ownership, GT/108 served as a Ford/Shelby American development/demonstrator vehicle in the 1960s and was driven by the likes of John Whitmore, Dickie Atwood, Ken Miles, and Carroll Shelby
• The GT40 Prototype leads an exceptional series of more than 100 blue-chip....
|MCQUEEN'S 275 GTB/4 TAKES CENTER STAGE AT RM'S FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE• RM Auctions secures the 'King of Cool's' 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 for its flagship Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California|
• Delivered new to Steve McQueen and recently restored by Ferrari Classiche in Maranello, the upcoming auction represents the first time the vehicle has been offered for public sale
• McQueen's four-cam leads an exceptional roster of Ferraris at RM's Monterey sale, including a FXX Evoluzione, and a 250 GT N.A.R.T Spider by Fantuzzi
• A frequently updated list of en....
|THE CONCORSO D'ELEGANZA VILLA D'ESTE 2014 CELEBRATES THE ROARING TWENTIES AND SOME COMPELLING LANDMARKSMunich/Cernobbio. The glitz and glamour of the Roaring Twenties, an exquisite selection of vehicles, and anniversaries certain to capture the imagination will be the headline attractions at the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este 2014. The 85th edition of the tradition-swathed event on Lake Como will take place from 23 – 25 May 2014, hosted for the 10th time by BMW Group Classic and the Villa d'Este luxury hotel. The organisers took the opportunity at the Geneva International Motor Show to r....|
|EXCEPTIONAL $6.6 MILLION 1937 DELAHAYE 135 COMPETITION COURT TORPEDO ROADSTER TOPS RM'S RECORD-BREAKING AMELIA ISLAND SALE• RM posts its most successful Amelia Island, Florida sale to date, generating an outstanding $35,947,500 with 97 percent of all lots sold, March 8 at the Ritz-Carlton|
• Top seller: The late Malcolm Pray's 1937 Delahaye 135 Competition Court Torpedo Roadster sells for a world auction record $6,600,000, the most valuable car ever sold during the Amelia Island weekend
• Full results are now available at www.rmauctions.com
• RM continues its 2014 calendar with a return to Monaco for the company'....