|RM Auctions Lifts Gavel On Charlie Thomas' Texas-Sized Collection of Automobiles|
|• RM Auctions further expands its 2012 calendar with the addition of 'The Charlie Thomas Collection', a single-day, single-vendor sale to be held in Dallas, Texas, October 20, 2012 • Auction features a superb assortment of more than 150 collector cars, all offered without reserve • Sale further consolidates RM's reputation as the specialist for private and estate collection auctions RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is delighted to announce the addition of a new single-vendor sale to its ever-expanding 2012 calendar—The Charlie Thomas Collection, to be held October 20 in Dallas, Texas. Well-known by automotive enthusiasts, the impressive Charlie Thomas Collection is the product of two decades of careful and dedicated acquisition by prominent Texas businessman and lifelong auto enthusiast, Charlie Thomas. A prolific car dealer and former owner of the Houston Rockets basketball team, Thomas operated more than 40 car dealerships, one of the largest dealership networks in the United States. In addition, Thomas' love for the automobile has seen him build an incredible 'Texas-sized' collection of American motor cars spanning the spectrum of the market, from American Classics to early flatheads, '50s convertibles, and '60s muscle and sports cars. From Fords to Chevrolets, Chryslers and Pontiacs, every marque is well represented, providing a diverse range of ownership opportunities for savvy collectors. The upcoming auction, scheduled October 20 at the magnificent Gaylord Texan resort in Grapevine (Dallas), a short drive from the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, is planned to help downsize Thomas' impressive collection and will offer more than 150 vehicles 'without reserve'. 'Charlie Thomas is the consummate car guy with a great eye for quality,' says Alain Squindo, Director, Private Collections, RM Auctions. 'A connoisseur of American cars, his collection has a strong emphasis on fully-restored, well-optioned, running and driving examples. These are cars he remembers fondly from his childhood and through his career as a very successful dealer. We are honored to have been entrusted by Charlie to present his personal collection at auction. He joins an impressive list of other prominent collectors we've had the privilege of representing over the years,' Squindo adds. Reflecting Charlie Thomas' lifelong love affair with the famous 'Blue Oval', Fords will be prominently featured at the October auction, with no less than 80 examples slated for the podium. Each exhibiting fantastic fit and finish, the special Ford offering encompasses a wide selection of flathead Fords joined by a series of icons from the fifties and sixties, as represented in a wonderful assortment of Thunderbirds and Mustangs. Among a long list of highlights is a fully-optioned 1935 Ford Deluxe Three-Window Coupe finished in Washington Blue, an award-winning 1941 Ford Super Deluxe Convertible, and a distinctive 1954 Ford Skyliner 'Glasstop'. Also on offer, an exceptionally restored 1958 Lincoln Continental Convertible, a great example of one of the most iconic 1950s Lincolns ever built. The diverse offering also includes an important roster of other celebrated American marques, including but not limited to Auburn, Buick, Cadillac, Desoto, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pierce-Arrow, and Packard. 'The collection is a terrific assembly and celebration of America's rich automotive history—there is truly something for everyone,' Squindo adds. An exclusive video highlighting the collection, including commentary from Charlie Thomas, is available online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfUrFJse69w&list=PL5E32EDB42BFDE796&feature=plcp. The single-day Charlie Thomas Collection sale is the latest in a string of private collection auctions secured for RM Auctions' 2012 calendar and follows on from the highly successful Milhous Collection sale, presented by RM, in association with Sotheby's, in February 2012. In the coming months, RM will also lift the gavel on the distinguished Dingman Collection, June 9–10 in Hampton, New Hampshire, USA, as well as the famed Aalholm Automobile Collection, August 12 in Southern Denmark. For further information on the Charlie Thomas Collection auction, please visit www.rmauctions.com or call +1 519 352 4575. Photo Credit: Darin Schnabel © 2012 courtesy RM Auctions|
|WINNER TROPHIES AND AWARDS ANNOUNCED FOR THE 2014 CONCOURS OF ELEGANCE AT HAMPTON COURT PALACEOver 10 prized trophies and awards to be presented at the hotly-contested 2014 Concours of Elegance at Hampton Court Palace (5-7 September)|
◾Unlike other concours events, the Concours of Elegance 'Best of Show' is chosen by the concours car owners themselves
◾New Club Trophy will acknowledge the 'Best of the Best' car club concours winners, supported by AIG's Private Client Group
◾Club Trophy judging panel to include a number of famous faces, coordinated by the Royal Automobile Club
|RM AUCTIONS RAISES THE BAR WITH MORE THAN $143 MILLION IN SALES IN MONTEREY• RM Auctions sets a new collector car auction benchmark with a record $143.4 million in sales at its flagship Monterey, California event; Saturday session achieves $88 million in just four hours |
• Auction proves quality counts with 91 percent of lots sold
• Thirty-five lots achieve individual million-dollar-plus results; three lots achieve eight-figures
• Ferraris dominate top sales led by 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciale for $26.4 million; a 1964 Ferrari 250 LM for $11.5 million; and the e....
|Ferrari 250 LM Leads Series of Million-Dollar-Plus Sales at RM's Friday Monterey Session• RM kicks off 2014 Monterey auction with 15 individual million-dollar-plus sales|
• Top-seller: 1964 Ferrari 250 LM, certified by Ferrari Classiche, brings $11,550,000
• Additional highlights include a 1965 Ford GT40 Roadster Prototype for $6,930,000 and two Mercedes-Benz models which set new auction records
• Auction continues Saturday, August 16 with an additional 62 blue-chip collector cars
MONTEREY, California (August 16, 2014) – A purebred 1964 Ferrari 250 LM, used exclusively....
|MCQUEEN FERRARI SMASHES RECORD AT RM'S SATURDAY MONTEREY SESSION• Ferraris dominate RM's Saturday sale: 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 delivered new to King of Cool Steve McQueen garners $10,175,000; 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciale realizes $26,400,000|
• 21 vehicles achieve seven figures during Saturday sale session
• Official results to be posted online at www.rmauctions.com in the coming days
MONTEREY, California (August 17, 2014) – One of the most highly anticipated lots of Monterey Car Week, the ex-Steve McQueen 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4, entered the h....
|RM AUCTIONS, IN ASSOCIATION WITH AUCTIONS AMERICA, TO OFFER ESTEEMED SAM PACK COLLECTION• Reaffirming their reputation as the specialist for private and estate collection sales, RM Auctions, in association with Auctions America, presents the Sam Pack Collection, November 14-15 in Dallas, Texas|
• The American-themed collection is highlighted by incredible quality and diversity
• Single-vendor sale to lift gavel on in excess of 130 vehicles 'without reserve'
• Further information and a full list of entries to be posted online at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (August 1....
|MAGNIFICENT 1956 FERRARI 250 GT ‘TOUR DE FRANCE' AND MUSCULAR 1964 SHELBY 289 COMPETITION COBRA HEADLINE RM'S LONDON SALE• Incredible duo lineup for RM's highly anticipated London sale, taking place on 8 September at Battersea Evolution|
• Ferrari is the eighth of just nine 1956 250 GT Berlinetta Competiziones, and boasts an outstanding period racing history
• Campaigned by 'Gentleman' Tom Payne in 1964 and 1965, the Shelby is a highly desirable Team Specification Cobra and the ultimate authentic 'American Muscle'
• Auction held in partnership with the Concours of Elegance at Hampton Court Palace
• Full event i....
|RM Celebrates 20th Anniversary Auction in the Motor City with $7.4 Million in Sales• RM Auctions' established Motor City sale achieves $7.4 million and captures international interest|
• Top sellers: 1911 Mercedes-Benz 38/70 HP realizes $495,000; 1932 Gar Wood 28' Triple Cockpit Runabout garners $275,000
• RM continues its 2014 calendar with its flagship Monterey sale, August 15-16 in California
• Full results available online at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (July 29, 2014) – RM Auctions, the official auction house of the Concours d'Elegance of Amer....
|Looks, Rarity, Performance: The Ultimate Connoisseur's Ferrari at RM Monterey...LOOKS, RARITY, PERFORMANCE: THE ULTIMATE CONNOISSEUR'S FERRARI, 275 GTB/C SPECIALE HEADLINES RM AUCTIONS' FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE|
• RM Auctions offers the first of only three 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciales, chassis 06701, at its flagship Monterey, California sale, August 15-16
• With its two sibling cars unlikely to ever become available, 06701's offering is a historic and unrepeatable opportunity to acquire one of the world's most important automobiles
• Exceptional 275 GTB/C Speci....