|RM Auctions Lifts Gavel On Charlie Thomas' Texas-Sized Collection of Automobiles|
|• RM Auctions further expands its 2012 calendar with the addition of 'The Charlie Thomas Collection', a single-day, single-vendor sale to be held in Dallas, Texas, October 20, 2012 • Auction features a superb assortment of more than 150 collector cars, all offered without reserve • Sale further consolidates RM's reputation as the specialist for private and estate collection auctions RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is delighted to announce the addition of a new single-vendor sale to its ever-expanding 2012 calendar—The Charlie Thomas Collection, to be held October 20 in Dallas, Texas. Well-known by automotive enthusiasts, the impressive Charlie Thomas Collection is the product of two decades of careful and dedicated acquisition by prominent Texas businessman and lifelong auto enthusiast, Charlie Thomas. A prolific car dealer and former owner of the Houston Rockets basketball team, Thomas operated more than 40 car dealerships, one of the largest dealership networks in the United States. In addition, Thomas' love for the automobile has seen him build an incredible 'Texas-sized' collection of American motor cars spanning the spectrum of the market, from American Classics to early flatheads, '50s convertibles, and '60s muscle and sports cars. From Fords to Chevrolets, Chryslers and Pontiacs, every marque is well represented, providing a diverse range of ownership opportunities for savvy collectors. The upcoming auction, scheduled October 20 at the magnificent Gaylord Texan resort in Grapevine (Dallas), a short drive from the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, is planned to help downsize Thomas' impressive collection and will offer more than 150 vehicles 'without reserve'. 'Charlie Thomas is the consummate car guy with a great eye for quality,' says Alain Squindo, Director, Private Collections, RM Auctions. 'A connoisseur of American cars, his collection has a strong emphasis on fully-restored, well-optioned, running and driving examples. These are cars he remembers fondly from his childhood and through his career as a very successful dealer. We are honored to have been entrusted by Charlie to present his personal collection at auction. He joins an impressive list of other prominent collectors we've had the privilege of representing over the years,' Squindo adds. Reflecting Charlie Thomas' lifelong love affair with the famous 'Blue Oval', Fords will be prominently featured at the October auction, with no less than 80 examples slated for the podium. Each exhibiting fantastic fit and finish, the special Ford offering encompasses a wide selection of flathead Fords joined by a series of icons from the fifties and sixties, as represented in a wonderful assortment of Thunderbirds and Mustangs. Among a long list of highlights is a fully-optioned 1935 Ford Deluxe Three-Window Coupe finished in Washington Blue, an award-winning 1941 Ford Super Deluxe Convertible, and a distinctive 1954 Ford Skyliner 'Glasstop'. Also on offer, an exceptionally restored 1958 Lincoln Continental Convertible, a great example of one of the most iconic 1950s Lincolns ever built. The diverse offering also includes an important roster of other celebrated American marques, including but not limited to Auburn, Buick, Cadillac, Desoto, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pierce-Arrow, and Packard. 'The collection is a terrific assembly and celebration of America's rich automotive history—there is truly something for everyone,' Squindo adds. An exclusive video highlighting the collection, including commentary from Charlie Thomas, is available online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfUrFJse69w&list=PL5E32EDB42BFDE796&feature=plcp. The single-day Charlie Thomas Collection sale is the latest in a string of private collection auctions secured for RM Auctions' 2012 calendar and follows on from the highly successful Milhous Collection sale, presented by RM, in association with Sotheby's, in February 2012. In the coming months, RM will also lift the gavel on the distinguished Dingman Collection, June 9–10 in Hampton, New Hampshire, USA, as well as the famed Aalholm Automobile Collection, August 12 in Southern Denmark. For further information on the Charlie Thomas Collection auction, please visit www.rmauctions.com or call +1 519 352 4575. Photo Credit: Darin Schnabel © 2012 courtesy RM Auctions|
|1960 FERRARI 400 SUPERAMERICA SWB CABRIOLET HEADLINES STUNNING LIST OF EUROPEAN SPORTS-TOURING CARS AT RM'S AMELIA ISLAND SALE• RM Auctions announces additional highlights for its Amelia Island, Florida sale, March 14|
• Recent entries led by a 1960 Ferrari 400 Superamerica SWB Cabriolet, one of the most valuable automobiles ever offered during the Amelia Island weekend
• The official auction of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, single-day RM sale lifts gavel more than 90 automobiles
• Premier offerings showcased at http://m.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (January 27, 2015) – Fresh on the hee....
|Historic 1964 Ferrari 250 LM Races to an Impressive $9.6 Million as Records Tumble at RM's Arizona Sale• RM Auctions achieves its strongest performance to date in Arizona: $63.7 million in total sales with 90 percent of all lots sold|
• 1964 Ferrari 250 LM achieves $9.6 million to secure the title as the most valuable automobile sold in Arizona auction history
• 17 motor cars achieve million-dollar-plus results with numerous new auction records established
• RM's 2015 calendar continues in Paris, February 4, and Amelia Island, Florida, March 14
PHOENIX, Arizona (January 18, 2015) – RM....
|World's Top Marques Set to Dominate RM's Arizona Biltmore Sale• Desirable models from leading marques will cross the stage at RM's Arizona sale, January 15-16 in Phoenix|
• Classiche-certified 1964 Ferrari 250 LM with fantastic period racing history leads a list of Ferrari highlights
• Auction also features terrific Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Lamborghini, Packard, Bentley, Shelby, and Audi motor cars
• Complete list of entries available at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (December 11, 2014) – RM Auctions, the world's largest collector ....
|ALL-ORIGINAL FERRARI 365 GTB/4 DAYTONA TO BE OFFERED BY ITS FIRST AND ONLY OWNER AT RM'S AMELIA ISLAND SALE• RM Auctions presents the 'Condo Find Daytona' at its Amelia Island, Florida sale, March 14|
• Offered on behalf of its original owner, the Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona recently emerged from 25 years storage in downtown Toronto
• The official auction of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, RM sale also lifts the gavel on a spectacular 1938 Bugatti Type 57C Aravis Cabriolet, which was judged 'Best of Show' at Amelia Island in 2012
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at www.....
|FRENCH HISTORY TAKES CENTRE STAGE AT RM'S PARIS COLLECTOR CAR AUCTION AT PLACE VAUBAN• RM Auctions returns to the stunning Place Vauban for its second annual collector car sale in Paris, 4 February, 2015|
• Held during the world-famous Retromobile week, the multi-million euro sale features a magnificent selection of 60 blue-chip motor cars
• Early highlights led by two automobiles with wonderful French provenance, a 1935 Delahaye 135 S and 1934 Lancia Belna Eclipse
• Full event details available at www.rmauctions.com
LONDON (November 25, 2014) – RM Auctions, the worl....
|RM Auctions to Sell Historic Daytona 24 Hour-Winning Jaguar XJR-9 at Amelia Island• RM Auctions secures Works Jaguar XJR-9 for its Amelia Island, Florida sale, March 14, 2015|
• The sole remaining original of only two purpose-built IMSA specification XJR-9s constructed, chassis 388 enjoyed huge record of success through 1988, 1989 and 1990
• 2015 marks 25th anniversary of this actual car's historic 1990 Daytona 24 hour victory in the hands of Jones/Lammers/Wallace
• XJR-9 leads a handpicked selection of 80 automobiles at RM's Amelia Island sale, the official auction of the ....
|PRIZED PAUL AND CHRIS ANDREWS COLLECTION SET FOR RM'S AUCTION PODIUM• RM Auctions presents the coveted Paul and Chris Andrews Collection, April 30 – May 2, 2015 in Fort Worth, Texas|
• Sale features an unprecedented selection of motor cars and memorabilia, meticulously assembled over many years by the respected father and son team
• Further information will be available at www.rmauctions.com in early 2015
BLENHEIM, Ontario (November 20, 2014) – Continuing its reputation as the industry leader for private collection sales, RM Auctions will lift the gav....
|TEXAS-SIZED SAM PACK FIVE STAR COLLECTION ACHIEVES IMPRESSIVE $11.5 MILLION AT AUCTION• RM Auctions and Auctions America's Sam Pack Five Star Collection event generates strong results with over $11.5 million in sales|
• Iconic 1967 Shelby 427 Cobra tops sales list at $1,292,500
• Numerous lots exceed expectations, including a 2006 Ford GT for $418,000, and a 1939 Lincoln-Zephyr Coupe Custom for $253,000
• Full proceeds from the collection's 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302, along with part proceeds from auction admission, benefit Holy Angels in Shreveport, Louisiana
• Event conclude....