|Ferrari 'Tour De France' Joins RM's Monterey Sale|
| • RM Auctions announces a rare and coveted 1956 Ferrari 250 GT LWB Berlinetta Scaglietti 'Tour de France' as the latest feature attraction for its Monterey sale, August 17–18
• The first 14-Louver TdF built and one of just nine examples of its kind, 0585 GT is Ferrari Classiche certified and boasts a well-documented history, including a co-starring role in the 1966 Disney classic, The Love Bug
• Exclusive TdF joins previously announced Ferrari 410 S to lead an exceptional roster of more than a dozen examples from the Modenese Prancing Horse
RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is delighted to announce the consignment of the stunning and exceptionally rare 1956 Ferrari 250 GT LWB Berlinetta 'Tour de France,' chassis 0585 GT, to its highly anticipated Monterey sale, August 17–18 in California.
Specially handpicked by RM specialists for the August sale, the magnificent TdF joins an outstanding roster of more than a dozen milestone Ferraris poised for RM's 2012 Monterey podium. The remarkable offering, which also includes the previously announced, multi-million-dollar Ferrari 410 S Berlinetta, further consolidates RM's reputation as the global leader in the presentation of important and historic Ferraris at auction.
|1960 FERRARI 400 SUPERAMERICA SWB CABRIOLET HEADLINES STUNNING LIST OF EUROPEAN SPORTS-TOURING CARS AT RM'S AMELIA ISLAND SALE• RM Auctions announces additional highlights for its Amelia Island, Florida sale, March 14|
• Recent entries led by a 1960 Ferrari 400 Superamerica SWB Cabriolet, one of the most valuable automobiles ever offered during the Amelia Island weekend
• The official auction of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, single-day RM sale lifts gavel more than 90 automobiles
• Premier offerings showcased at http://m.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (January 27, 2015) – Fresh on the hee....
|A DAY OF CLASSICS – VOLKSWAGEN TRIO EXTENDS ITS LEAD AT THE 'MONTE'Volkswagen duos defy difficult conditions at the Rally Monte Carlo|
◾Ogier/Ingrassia, Latvala/Anttila and Mikkelsen/Fløene lead rivals by just short of a minute
◾Day three: extremely tricky tyre selection for infamous 'Monte' stages
Three doses of pure 'Monte' – Volkswagen overcame extremely demanding conditions and a hugely difficult tyre selection to extend its three-car lead at the top of the overall standings at the Rally Monte Carlo. With just the final Sunday of rallying to come, Sébas....
|BILL WARNER IS RRDC'S 2014 BOB AKIN AWARD WINNERDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Jan. 22, 2015) - Bill Warner, best known as the force behind the hugely successful Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance since 1996, received the 2014 Bob Akin Award from the Road Racing Drivers Club at a dinner prior to the running of the Rolex 24 At Daytona, the season opener of the 2015 TUDOR SportsCar Championship.|
Each recipient of this honor, considered the top award in motorsports for amateur, vintage/historic or semi-professional drivers, is selected by Akin's ....
|RK Motors Charlotte Acquires Iconic '66 Le Mans-Winning P/1064 GT40Historic Racecar Undergoes 20-Month Restoration That Will Culminate With Appearance at 2016 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance |
CHARLOTTE (January 20, 2015) — RK Motors Charlotte today announced it has purchased one of motorsports history's most iconic racecars – the 1966 LeMans-winning #2, P/1064 GT40, the first American-built car to win endurance racing's most prestigious competition.
The company also revealed a comprehensive, 20-month restoration has begun, culminating with....
|Historic 1964 Ferrari 250 LM Races to an Impressive $9.6 Million as Records Tumble at RM's Arizona Sale• RM Auctions achieves its strongest performance to date in Arizona: $63.7 million in total sales with 90 percent of all lots sold|
• 1964 Ferrari 250 LM achieves $9.6 million to secure the title as the most valuable automobile sold in Arizona auction history
• 17 motor cars achieve million-dollar-plus results with numerous new auction records established
• RM's 2015 calendar continues in Paris, February 4, and Amelia Island, Florida, March 14
PHOENIX, Arizona (January 18, 2015) – RM....
|THE FULL 'MONTE': THE NEW POLO R WRC MAKES ITS DEBUT AT A RALLY CLASSIC◾First big test for the second generation Polo R WRC|
◾Volkswagen drivers Ogier, Latvala and Mikkelsen first onto the 'Monte' route
◾Home race for world champion Ogier – Gap (F) hosts WRC opener
Tough test for the new, second generation of the Polo R WRC: when Volkswagen lines up at the Rally Monte Carlo (22–25 January), it will take on the opposition in the FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) with a World Rally Car that has been the subject of sweeping modifications. Double world champions S....