Ferrari 'Tour De France' Joins RM's Monterey Sale
2014 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
2014 Bentley Continental GT V8 S Convertible
2014 BMW Z4
2014 Ferrari California
2013 BMW Z4
2013 Dodge Viper GTS Launch Edition
2013 Ferrari California
2013 Ford GTR1
2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe
2013 Hyundai Genesis
| • RM Auctions announces a rare and coveted 1956 Ferrari 250 GT LWB Berlinetta Scaglietti 'Tour de France' as the latest feature attraction for its Monterey sale, August 17–18
• The first 14-Louver TdF built and one of just nine examples of its kind, 0585 GT is Ferrari Classiche certified and boasts a well-documented history, including a co-starring role in the 1966 Disney classic, The Love Bug
• Exclusive TdF joins previously announced Ferrari 410 S to lead an exceptional roster of more than a dozen examples from the Modenese Prancing Horse
RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is delighted to announce the consignment of the stunning and exceptionally rare 1956 Ferrari 250 GT LWB Berlinetta 'Tour de France,' chassis 0585 GT, to its highly anticipated Monterey sale, August 17–18 in California.
Specially handpicked by RM specialists for the August sale, the magnificent TdF joins an outstanding roster of more than a dozen milestone Ferraris poised for RM's 2012 Monterey podium. The remarkable offering, which also includes the previously announced, multi-million-dollar Ferrari 410 S Berlinetta, further consolidates RM's reputation as the global leader in the presentation of important and historic Ferraris at auction.
| BMW's 'BATMOBILES' SET FOR 19th ANNUAL AMELIA CONCOURSScheduled to appear in the 19th Annual Amelia Concours' BMW 3.0 CSL 'batmobile class' are not only the 1975 Sebring 12 Hour and '76 Daytona 24 winners, but Alexander Calder's 1975 Le Mans 3.0 CSL with his trademark signature on the left rear fender.|
BMW's 'Batmobile' racers were glorious mutants. They arrived from Europe wearing a frosting of giant wings, huge fender boxes and big spoilers, all powered by a 430 hp straight-six engine that made a glorious noise and propelled BMW's luxury cou....
| LE MANS GREATS HEAD STUNNING ROSTER OF ADDITIONAL ENTRIES FOR RM'S 2014 PARIS SALE DURING RETROMOBILE WEEK• Anticipation builds ahead of RM's €25 million debut Paris sale on 5 February 2014|
• More Le Mans greats join stunning competition car line-up at saleLatest highlights include a 1982 Rondeau M482 Le Mans GTP, a veteran of five Le Mans 24 hours races, and a mighty 2008 Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Le Mans Prototype, which finished 2nd at Le Mans, was driven by Jacques Villeneuve, and has been entrusted to be sold by RM by the Peugeot factory
• Other recently secured entries include a Bugatti Type 40 Ro....
| 400TH BUGATTI VEYRON SOLD – THE VEYRON BEGINS ITS FINAL LAPJust 50 models of the super sports car are still available|
• 400th Veyron is a Grand Sport Vitesse 'Jean-Pierre Wimille' of the six-part edition 'Les Légendes de Bugatti'
• Head of Bugatti Wolfgang Schreiber, 'A unique success story about the most exclusive and luxurious super sports car brand in the world'
Molsheim, 5 December 2013. Bugatti has sold its 400th Veyron. Since the production run of the Veyron and its variants is limited to just 450 models, thi....
| RM Auctions and Sotheby's Stun the Market with Incredible $63 Million 'Art of the Automobile' Sale in New York• RM Auctions and Sotheby's momentous Art of the Automobile auction generates $62,797,500 of sales in two hours of furious bidding|
• Records tumble with the historic 1964 Ferrari 250 LM by Carrozzeria Scaglietti achieving $14,300,000 while the stunning 1938 Talbot-Lago T150-C SS Teardrop Cabriolet by Figoni et Falaschi sells for $7,150,000
• 93 percent of all lots sold to an international audience of bidders representing 17 countries
• Full results are available online at www.rmauctions.c....
| Expert Symposium Delivered to Packed Room Ahead of 'Art of the Automobile' New York Sale• RM Auctions and Sotheby's deliver highly outstanding expert symposium to more than 700 people|
• Six hugely influential and respected specialists set the scene in advance of truly groundbreaking Art of The Automobile sale
• Anticipation building for what is being regarded as one of the finest and most innovative collector car auctions ever held
NEW YORK, New York (November 20, 2013) – The eyes of the collector car community are firmly fixed on New York, as RM Auctions and Sotheby's,....