|From 1896 to 1986 - Nearly a Century of Automobile History to be Offered in Unique Aalholm Collection Sale|
|Collectors from around the world are excitedly requesting catalogues to see in detail some of the diverse and highly-prized lots that will go under the hammer during RM Auctions highly anticipated Aalholm 'without reserve' auction, 12 August in Southern Denmark. Representing nearly a century of automobile manufacturing supplemented by some fascinating lots, including a Wright Brothers Replica Plane, a 1890s Danish Royal Train Carriage and a rare, highly-prized toy train set, the single-day sale of the Aalholm Automobil Museum is generating unprecedented interest from around the world. At one time, a significant and well-known attraction on the southern Danish island of Lolland, the Aalholm Automobil Museum, which had delighted visitors with its diverse and rare collection of cars from 1964 until 2007, is now available to be purchased in a once-in-a-lifetime, no reserve auction. Max Girardo, Managing Director of RM Europe says, 'The original brainchild of Baron J.O. Raben-Levetzau, this collection is notable for the sheer breadth of its diversity. There is truly something for everyone who would like to secure a piece of Aalholm history, with some spectacular star cars as well as numerous lots accessible to collectors on smaller budgets.' The collection is notable for a number of very early brass-era veteran cars from the late-1800s and early-1900s, with several of the cars eligible for the world-famous London to Brighton veteran car run in England. The sale features an exceptional roster of pre-1905 vehicles, including a very early 1896 Léon Bollée Voiturette (pictured top), a 1899 De Dion-Bouton Tricycle, a 1900 De Dion-Bouton Four-Seat Vis-à-Vis and a 1900 Decauville Roadster. Also on offer, a 1902 Lacroix de Laville La Nef Tricycle, a 1902 Rambler Model C Runabout, a 1902 Holsman High-Wheel Runabout, along with a Renault 10CV Limousine and a Ford Model A Runabout dating back to 1903, and a 1904 Delahaye Surrey-Top Tourer. Representing motoring almost a century later, the sale will lift the hammer on a 1986 Jaguar XJ-6 Saloon, which was purchased new by Queen Ingrid of Denmark (1910–2000). A car which will undoubtedly be of strong interest to Danish collectors, it is accompanied by documentation of its royal provenance. Another more recent offering from the collection is a 1985 Ferrari Testarossa (pictured), an iconic supercar of the 1980s, showing just 12,700 kilometres on its 4,943 cc flat-twelve engine. This Rosso red Ferrari is yet another car to boast blue-blooded heritage, having reportedly been delivered new to a Venetian prince. Beyond the automobiles, one lot sure to catch the eye of serious collectors is the 1903 Wright Brothers Replica Plane, which although a replica, is thought to have been constructed between 1907 and 1909. The engine fitted is believed to be of the Renault type from the period 1918–1925, and it is possible that the plane might have been flown. The plane is an iconic Aalholm Collection piece as it was suspended from the ceiling of the main hall until the museum closed. Another key non-automotive lot on offer is the 1890s Danish Royal Train Carriage. A superb recreation, it consists of several different, grand compartments, one of which is paneled in exquisite, veneered wood from the ceiling to the floor. The seats are clothed in deep, rich, red velour, along with the arm and head rests, while in some areas the walls are covered with grand wallpaper hosting the Danish Royal emblem. The exterior of the train is painted a two-tone cream and navy blue with red coaching. This Danish Royal Carriage would be a magnificent piece in any collection. Train enthusiasts will also appreciate the 1920s Marklin Train Set (pictured). A present to Baron J.O. Raben-Levetzau for his 16th birthday, the train set was originally housed in one of the first-floor rooms in the Aalholm castle. There are seven engines and 58 carriages altogether, including petrol tankers, cranes, timber carriages and passenger carriages, along with approximately 60 meters of track. Among a long list of highlights, other notable entries for the sale include: • a 1911 Rolls-Royce 40/50 hp Silver Ghost Roi des Belges Tourer, the first car in the collection; • a much admired 1938 Bugatti 57C Stelvio Drophead Coupe by Gangloff; • a rare 1931 Bugatti Type 40A Tourer; • a remarkably original, right-hand drive 1928 Mercedes-Benz Nürnburg Limousine; • a 1932 Hispano-Suiza HS26 Cabriolet-Victoria; • a very rare surviving 1938 Maybach Zeppelin DS8 Roadster; • a 1947 Delahaye 135 M Cabriolet; and • an unrestored 1963 Ferrari 250 GT/E. For full details on the Aalholm Automobil Collection sale or to view the complete digital catalogue, visit www.rmauctions.com or call RM's London office at +44 20 7851 7070. Images courtesy of RM Auctions|
|World's Top Marques Set to Dominate RM's Arizona Biltmore Sale• Desirable models from leading marques will cross the stage at RM's Arizona sale, January 15-16 in Phoenix|
• Classiche-certified 1964 Ferrari 250 LM with fantastic period racing history leads a list of Ferrari highlights
• Auction also features terrific Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Lamborghini, Packard, Bentley, Shelby, and Audi motor cars
• Complete list of entries available at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (December 11, 2014) – RM Auctions, the world's largest collector ....
|ALL-ORIGINAL FERRARI 365 GTB/4 DAYTONA TO BE OFFERED BY ITS FIRST AND ONLY OWNER AT RM'S AMELIA ISLAND SALE• RM Auctions presents the 'Condo Find Daytona' at its Amelia Island, Florida sale, March 14|
• Offered on behalf of its original owner, the Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona recently emerged from 25 years storage in downtown Toronto
• The official auction of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, RM sale also lifts the gavel on a spectacular 1938 Bugatti Type 57C Aravis Cabriolet, which was judged 'Best of Show' at Amelia Island in 2012
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at www.....
|FRENCH HISTORY TAKES CENTRE STAGE AT RM'S PARIS COLLECTOR CAR AUCTION AT PLACE VAUBAN• RM Auctions returns to the stunning Place Vauban for its second annual collector car sale in Paris, 4 February, 2015|
• Held during the world-famous Retromobile week, the multi-million euro sale features a magnificent selection of 60 blue-chip motor cars
• Early highlights led by two automobiles with wonderful French provenance, a 1935 Delahaye 135 S and 1934 Lancia Belna Eclipse
• Full event details available at www.rmauctions.com
LONDON (November 25, 2014) – RM Auctions, the worl....
|RM Auctions to Sell Historic Daytona 24 Hour-Winning Jaguar XJR-9 at Amelia Island• RM Auctions secures Works Jaguar XJR-9 for its Amelia Island, Florida sale, March 14, 2015|
• The sole remaining original of only two purpose-built IMSA specification XJR-9s constructed, chassis 388 enjoyed huge record of success through 1988, 1989 and 1990
• 2015 marks 25th anniversary of this actual car's historic 1990 Daytona 24 hour victory in the hands of Jones/Lammers/Wallace
• XJR-9 leads a handpicked selection of 80 automobiles at RM's Amelia Island sale, the official auction of the ....
|PRIZED PAUL AND CHRIS ANDREWS COLLECTION SET FOR RM'S AUCTION PODIUM• RM Auctions presents the coveted Paul and Chris Andrews Collection, April 30 – May 2, 2015 in Fort Worth, Texas|
• Sale features an unprecedented selection of motor cars and memorabilia, meticulously assembled over many years by the respected father and son team
• Further information will be available at www.rmauctions.com in early 2015
BLENHEIM, Ontario (November 20, 2014) – Continuing its reputation as the industry leader for private collection sales, RM Auctions will lift the gav....
|TEXAS-SIZED SAM PACK FIVE STAR COLLECTION ACHIEVES IMPRESSIVE $11.5 MILLION AT AUCTION• RM Auctions and Auctions America's Sam Pack Five Star Collection event generates strong results with over $11.5 million in sales|
• Iconic 1967 Shelby 427 Cobra tops sales list at $1,292,500
• Numerous lots exceed expectations, including a 2006 Ford GT for $418,000, and a 1939 Lincoln-Zephyr Coupe Custom for $253,000
• Full proceeds from the collection's 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302, along with part proceeds from auction admission, benefit Holy Angels in Shreveport, Louisiana
• Event conclude....
|Trio of Iconic Supercars Lead Early Entries for RM's 2015 Arizona Sale• RM Auctions' annual Arizona Biltmore sale returns January 15 – 16|
• A staple on the global collector car calendar, 2015 auction to feature 120 blue-chip automobiles
• Early highlights are packed with high performance, led by an exciting trio of European supercars from Porsche, Ferrari and Bugatti
• Full event information and a frequently updated list of entries available online at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (November 5, 2014) – RM Auctions, the world's largest col....
|C IS FOR CADILLAC: $1.1 MILLION V-16 ROADSTER LEADS RM'S STRONGEST PERFORMANCE IN HERSHEY• RM Auctions posts record results in Hershey, with more than $14 million in sales and 93 percent of all lots sold|
• Top seller: highlighting the unique A-to-Z Collection, John Moir Jr.'s 1930 Cadillac V-16 Roadster achieves an incredible $1,100,000
• The quality of the Jeffrey Day Collection also shines, bringing strong prices for finely restored Fords
• Full results available online at www.rmauctions.com
HERSHEY, Pennsylvania (October 11, 2014) – RM Auctions, the world's largest collect....