|EX-CHRIS EVANS FERRARI, ‘TOP 10' AND A RILEY ELF WITH A CRIMINAL PAST HEAD BARONS' JULY 17TH SANDOWN PARK SALE|
|A 1989 Ferrari 328GTS which was formerly part of the collection of Ferrari aficionado extraordinaire, Chris Evans, heads the entry for Barons' sale at Sandown Park on Tuesday July 17th. Other notable lots in a wide-ranging entry list include the registration number 'TOP 10' and a Riley Elf that was once used as the getaway car in an armed robbery… The stunning bright red Ferrari 328GTS, one of the last ABS-equipped examples of this model, has covered just 25,000 miles over its lifetime. It comes complete with a comprehensive service record documenting services at 1,500, 5,316, 7,550, 7,664, 15,666, 17,049, 18,926, 19,634, 22,569, and 23,059 miles! It carries an estimate of £32,000-£36,000. Barons' Managing Director Laurence Sayers Gillan said, 'Chris Evans is now arguably as famous for his incredible collection of Ferraris as he is as a media personality. Any car that has come from his collection will have received the most detailed care and attention, and we are delighted to be offering the 328GTS at Sandown Park.' Another headline lot is the registration number 'TOP 10' – highly appropriate for a sale that includes a car once owned by a famous DJ. The guide price, for any bidder thinking of putting this registration number at the top of their own personal hit parade, is £20,000-30,000. The 1969 Riley Elf MKIII has covered 57,000 miles and been in the care of a single owner from new. Used as a local runabout in Westminster, where it was always parked in the underground car park when not in use, it has experienced one spectacularly exciting episode in an otherwise genteel life. In the early 1970s it was stolen from outside its owner's home in central London and used as the getaway car in an armed robbery. It was recovered completely undamaged, the only souvenir of its adventure being a bullet left on the back seat! The sale also includes a fabulous restoration project for E-type Jaguar fans. The 1967 Series 1 1/2 4.2 FHC was discovered some time ago, along with a second E-type, in a Battersea garage, where it had been stored since 1984. When the vendor acquired it, restoration had already begun, but the vendor has since decided that he lacks the time to complete the project, which progressed little since he bought the car. £8,000-10,000. Barons' entry list should appeal to a wide range of enthusiasts. First-time classic buyers could be tempted by the 1966 MG Midget (£2,500-£3,500), the 1978 MGB roadster (£2,750-£3,500), the 1981 Triumph Spitfire 1500 (£3,250-4,000), or perhaps the 1989 BMW 320i Cabriolet (£1,500-2,000). American car buffs have three very fine 1960s' vehicles to choose from. The 1961 Chrysler 300G was bought and restored in 1997 by Chrysler UK, displayed in their head office and used for promotional and advertising purposes (£22,000-£25,000). The 1965 Ford Thunderbird Convertible has been in the same family ownership since new and comes complete with 45rpm record player (£17,000-20,000). And the 1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible is a fine example of the most rare variant of a hugely popular model (£21,500-£24,000). There is also a superb 1995 Bentley Continental R that has covered just 1,301 miles in the past seven years (£31,000-35,000), a very striking 1981 Ferrari 308GTSI (£28,500-31,000) and a particularly fine 1973 S3 V12 Jaguar E-type (£28,500-£38,500). The full list of cars on offer can be seen at www.barons-auctions.com. For further information please visit Barons' website, email email@example.com or call 08454 30 60 60.|
|RM Enjoys Strong Results In The Auction Room and On The Show Field At Amelia Island• RM Auctions 14th annual Amelia Island sale generates more than $23 million with 88 percent of all lots sold|
• Top-seller: one-off 1929 Cord L-29 Hayes Coupe attracts spirited bidding, garnering $2,420,000
• Six automobiles fetch individual sale prices over $1,000,000; new auction records established for a DB5 Vantage Convertible, 300SL Roadster and Dino 246 GTS
• Ferrari GTO Sculpture and Ultimate Bugatti Driving Experience sold to benefit the Spina Bifida Association of Jacksonville; proc....
|Cherished Classics From The Pettit Collection Will Be Offered Without Reserve• The 1929 Duesenberg 'Blue J' and 11 collector cars from the William A. C. Pettit, III Collection will be sold at Gooding & Company's Pebble Beach Auctions|
• Estate Proceeds will benefit the Shriners Hospital for Children®-Tampa
Gooding & Company, the acclaimed auction house celebrated for selling the world's most significant and valuable collector cars, is honored to present the finest automobiles of the William A.C. Pettit, III Collection at its Pebble Beach Auctions on Aug....
|Final Countdown Underway to RM's Michigan SaleRM Auctions, the official auction house of the Concours d'Elegance of America, has secured a wonderful selection of classic automobiles for its St. John's sale, July 28, in Plymouth, Michigan. |
Hosted on the beautiful grounds of the Inn at St. John's, the single-day sale is a mainstay on the auction concours circuit and boasts a reputation for including exceptional American classics. The upcoming sale, featuring more than 70 quality collector cars, presents nearly a century of American and Eu....
|RM Auctions Posts a Spectacular $95 Million in Monterey• RM Auctions generates more than $95.7* million in sales, with a strong 89 percent of all lots sold, at its celebrated Monterey, California sale |
• 20 cars achieve over $1 million, five of which exceed the $5 million mark
• Two-day sale establishes numerous new auction records, including a new world record for the most expensive American automobile ever sold at auction
• Top-sellers: 1968 Ford GT40 Gulf/Mirage Lightweight Racing Car achieves $11,000,000; 1962 Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Sp....
|Pair Of 1960s Automotive Icons Take Center Stage At RM Arizona• RM Auctions secures a highly desirable 1960 Ferrari 250 GT SWB Berlinetta 'Competizione' and an ultra-rare 1965 Ford GT40 for its January 18 sale in Phoenix, Arizona|
• Latest multi-million-dollar entries join a stellar list of more than 80 blue-chip collector cars, including a rare 1930 Duesenberg Model J Derham Tourster, offered for the first time in 45 years
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (November 29, 2012) – RM A....
|RM Auctions Realizes $36.4 Million At Single-Day Arizona Biltmore Sale• RM generates more than $36.4 million in sales with 89 percent of all lots sold at its 14th annual Arizona sale|
• Single-day sale features selective, handpicked offering of blue-chip automobiles, eclipses 2012 Arizona sale tally by more than 42 percent
• Eight automobiles achieve million-dollar plus results with multiple new auction records set
• Top-seller: 1960 Ferrari 250 GT SWB Berlinetta 'Competizione' sells for record $8,140,000
• RM continues its 2013 auction calendar with the prese....
|Legendary Tucker 48 Joins RM'S Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Sale• Just announced: RM Auctions secures rare Tucker 48, previously owned by film legend George Lucas, for its Amelia Island, Florida sale, March 9|
• The official auction of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, single-day sale features a superb roster of more than 80 blue-chip collector cars
• Additional sale highlights include a 1952 Ferrari 225 Sport Vignale Berlinetta, a 1958 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster and a 1929 Isotta Fraschini 8A Convertible Sedan
• Digital catalogue now available onli....
|Rare, International Selection of Automobiles Set To WOW Collectors at RM's London Sale This Month• Anticipation builds ahead of RM Auctions' central London sale, 31st October, 2012|
• Auction features an exceptional collection of more than 90 automobiles and two motorcycles selected from the world's finest makers
• Offering comprises a wonderful selection of the finest and rarest Italian, British and German marques, including Aston Martin, Bentley, Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Mercedes-Benz and Porsche amongst others
• Complete digital catalogue available online at rmauctions.com