Start of production at the Mercedes-Benz Rastatt plant - Offensive in the Compact Segment
2014 RLX Acura
2014 Spark EV Chevrolet
2014 C3 Citroen
2014 Durango Dodge
2014 500L Fiat
2014 Fiesta Ford
2014 Cherokee Jeep
2014 Grand Cherokee Jeep
2014 IS Lexus
blog comments powered by Disqus 2014 CX-5 Mazda
| • First New A-Class Rolls Off the Production Line|
• Dr Dieter Zetsche: 'This start of production marks a further milestone in our Mercedes-Benz 2020 growth strategy.' • Dr Wolfgang Bernhard: 'Thanks to the joint architecture we can flexibly produce all models of our new compacts on the same production line at the respective site.' • Daimler invests total of €1.2 billion in Rastatt plant • Compact SUV to be next model from Rastatt Rastatt, Germany – In the light of the motto 'the pulse of a new generation', the first new Mercedes-Benz A-Class rolled off the production line today at the Mercedes-Benz Rastatt plant. The A-Class is the company's second new compact model, following the start of production of the new B-Class at Rastatt in September 2011 and at the new Mercedes-Benz plant in Kecskemét, Hungary at the end of March 2012. 'This start of production marks a further milestone in our Mercedes-Benz 2020 growth strategy. The A-Class represents our offensive in the compact segment', said Dr Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of the Board of Management of Daimler AG and Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars. 'And there is more to come: The compact SUV will be the third model we will build here in Rastatt.' Dr Wolfgang Bernhard, Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG responsible for Manufacturing & Procurement Mercedes-Benz Cars & Mercedes-Benz Vans: 'We are on a roll in manufacturing as well: Hard on the heels of the new B-Class, we are now producing the totally new A-Class for our customers. Thanks to the joint architecture, we can flexibly produce all models of our new compacts on the same production line at the respective site.' Daimler is investing a total of around €1.2 billion in the Rastatt plant for the production of the new compact models. In a first wave of expansion, €600 million were used e.g. for the construction of a new bodyshell building and for tools, and a further €600 million will follow this and next year for a second wave of expansion. These new investments are slated for modifications of the assembly and corresponding equipment installations in the bodyshell production. Another €400 million will be invested in the powertrain plants this and next year for production of components solely used in the new compact models. A total of 900 new permanent jobs have been created at Rastatt since 2010, 500 of them in 2012 alone. The plant is thus responding to the ongoing high demand, and continues to grow with the new generation of compact cars. Since the start of sales in mid-June more than 40.000 customers have already ordered the new A-Class. More than 70.000 vehicles of the new B-Class were delivered to customers since its market launch in November 2011, 'Demand for our premium compact cars is so strong that we are going to to introduce a third assembly shift in October 2012', said Peter Wesp, Head of the Mercedes-Benz Rastatt plant. 'Our team in Rastatt is doing a fantastic job, and we are very proud of their achievements.' The number of trainee positions has been increased to 70 per year. About the new A-Class The new Mercedes-Benz A-Class sets new standards in the compact segment: exceptionally emotive in its visual design, dynamic with engine power ratings ranging from 80 kW (109 hp) to 155 kW (211 hp), highly efficient with emissions from 98 g CO2/km and a best-in-class drag coefficient value of 0.27. The new A-Class underlines at the same time that safety is not a matter of price at Mercedes-Benz – among others, the radar-supported COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST system comes as standard equipment. Prices in Germany start from €23,978.50 (incl. 19% VAT) for the A 180 BlueEFFICIENCY. About the Mercedes-Benz plant in Rastatt The Mercedes-Benz Rastatt plant was inaugurated in 1992. The first production model was the E-Class, made until 1996. Series production of the A-Class, which established the premium compact car segment, began in 1997. Unit sales of the A-Class reached 1.1 million until 2004, when the second generation was introduced. The team at Rastatt has now made more than a million units of the successor generation. 2005 saw the arrival of another model, the B-Class, over 700,000 of which were supplied to customers all around the world over the following six years. The Rastatt plant is the company's centre of competence for Mercedes-Benz compact cars. In September 2011 the new B-Class went into production at Rastatt as the first of the new compact car models. The new generation of compact cars comprises the A-Class, the B-Class and a further three sporty and emotive vehicles, including a coupé and an SUV. These five new compact models are built in a production network of the Mercedes-Benz plants in Rastatt and Kecskemét, Hungary, which opened at the end of March 2012. The Rastatt plant will produce three of the five models: the new A-Class, the B-Class as well as the compact SUV.
|NISSAN PATHFINDER AND ALTIMA NAMED TO KELLEY BLUE BOOK'S 10 BEST FAMILY CARS LISTNASHVILLE, Tenn. – The reinvented 2013 Nissan Pathfinder was named to the top spot on the list of 10 Best Family Cars of 2013 from Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com today. The 2013 Nissan Altima also made this year's cut of KBB.com's top family-friendly vehicles. Each year, editors at Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com, the leading provider of new and used car information, develop their list of the 10 Best Family Cars based on characteristics that cater to unique family specifications and situations. ....|
|Celebrating A Milestone At Porsche: 100,000Th Panamera Leaves The FactorySuccess story based on innovative power and teamwork|
Stuttgart / Leipzig. The Porsche plant in Leipzig, Germany, is producing the 100,000th Panamera today. Back in 2009, the decision to produce this new Porsche model series and manufacture the first customer vehicle started a success story.
'In over 120 countries, Panamera customers drive a Porsche that is 'Made in Leipzig' and sport this quality seal around the globe. The team and I are very proud of this,' said Siegfried B....
|2014 MAZDA6 WINS NEMPA GENE RITVO AWARD FOR DESIGN AND ELEGANCE- MX-5 Miata Wins Favorite Entry-Level Convertible -|
WASHINGTON, May 10, 2013 - Last evening, the all-new 2014 Mazda6 was presented with the prestigious Gene Ritvo Award for Design and Elegance from the New England Motor Press Association (NEMPA) in conjunction with Boston's Museum of Fine Arts and the Larz Anderson Auto Museum.
The Ritvo Award honors the best in design in the automotive world, whether it's a concept car, production vehicle, a marketing campaign or a particular elem....
| Jeep® Brand Receives Three Significant Awards From New England Motor Press Association- Jeep Grand Cherokee 'Official Winter Vehicle of New England' for third consecutive year|
- 2011 Grand Cherokee captures Wheels TV 'Previously Owned Vehicle of the Year' award
- Mike Manley, Jeep Brand President and CEO, receives 2013 NEMPA Executive of the Year Award
- 2013 Ram 1500 4x4 named 'Best All-Weather Pickup Truck'
May 10, 2013 , Cambridge, Mass. - The Jeep® brand captured three significant awards here last evening at the New England Motor Press Association's (NEMPA) annua....
| Nissan Sentra Named 'Most Affordable Compact Sedan' By Cars.ComNASHVILLE, Tenn. – The newly redesigned 2013 Nissan Sentra has been named Cars.com's 'Most Affordable Compact Sedan of 2013.' After assessing 11 compact sedans equipped with six key features and factoring in five years of fuel costs, Sentra sits atop the Cars.com list with $730 separating it from the next most affordable car on the list. According to the editors at Cars.com, the Sentra bested its closest competitors thanks to its segment-leading fuel costs.|
Each vehicle included in the Cars.c....
| Ford Adding 2,000-Plus Jobs at Kansas City Assembly to Support Surging F-150 Demand, Ford Transit Launch•Ford's Kansas City Assembly Plant will add more than 2,000 jobs to support high demand for Ford F-150 plus the planned production of the all-new Transit family of commercial vehicles starting next summer; more than 1,000 will be new hires|
•Ford F-Series sales up 24 percent in April and 19 percent year to date; full-size truck segment growing three times faster than industry average and is fastest-growing segment this year
•Ford has reached 75 percent of its goal to create 12,000 hourly jobs ....
|Ford Adding 2,000-Plus Jobs At Kansas City Assembly To Support Surging F-150 Demand, Ford Transit Launch- Ford's Kansas City Assembly Plant will add more than 2,000 jobs to support high demand for Ford F-150 plus the planned production of the all-new Transit family of commercial vehicles starting next summer; more than 1,000 will be new hires|
- Ford F-Series sales up 24 percent in April and 19 percent year to date; full-size truck segment growing three times faster than industry average and is fastest-growing segment this year
- Ford has reached 75 percent of its goal to create 12,000 hourly jo....
|Chrysler Wants To Show Off Your Customized Chrysler Brand Vehicle- Grand prize winner will receive a trip to the 2014 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, a luxury vacation package for two and a two-year lease of a Chrysler vehicle|
- Three contest finalists will attend the 2013 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show on Nov. 8 in Las Vegas
- Participants can enter the 'Chrysler Custom Challenge' via the Chrysler brand's Facebook page (www.facebook.com/Chrysler)
May 1, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Chrysler brand....