9th Keeneland Concours d'Elegance names 1929 Stutz Best of Show
| More than 130 collector cars and motorcycles are showcased during competition
The 9th annual Keeneland Concours d'Elegance featured many of the finest classic automobiles and motorcycles on display Saturday, July 21, at the Keeneland Race Course, with a fabulous 1929 Stutz Model M Lancefield Coupe taking home Best of Show honors.
These rare automobiles, motorcycles and other unique vehicles on display were judged for their historical accuracy, presentation and overall cleanliness. Each class winner and runner-up received an award, and each entrant received a Bluegrass Award ribbon.
This year's Concours featured the Packard, an automobile that has always been synonymous with American flair, style, design and luxury.
|Tom Fritz Creates The 19Th Annual Amelia Island Concours D'elegance PosterThe posters for the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance have become collectible car art and the 2014 edition is no exception. Today the Concours revealed that the 19thannual event poster was created by famed hot rod artist Tom Fritz and honors Jochen Mass on the 25th anniversary of his victory in the 1989 24 Hours of Le Mans driving his Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9. The beautiful piece takes creative cues from the first Amelia poster in 1996, well-known for honoring the record-setting drive of Sir Stir....|
| 1958 FERRARI 250 GT LWB CALIFORNIA SPIDER STARS AT RM'S 15TH ANNUAL ARIZONA SALE• RM Auctions announces latest highlights for its two-day Arizona auction, January 16 – 17 in Phoenix, led by a highly prized 1958 Ferrari 250 GT LWB California Spider|
• Most recent blue-chip entries join a spectacular roster of more than 120 handpicked automobiles for the sale at the beautiful Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (December 10, 2013) – RM Auctions, the world's largest auctio....
| Maserati Celebrates 100th Anniversary as Featured Marque of the Rolex Monterey Motorsports ReunionAugust 14-17 at Mazda Raceway|
MONTEREY, Calif., December 10, 2013 — The Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion will celebrate the rich 100-year history of Maserati, one of Italy's iconic luxury sports car brands that throughout the century has been deeply rooted in racing. The celebration will be held August 14-17, 2014 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
The Monterey Classic Car Week and Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion is a haven for international classic car enthusiasts. Centered a....
|Car Expert Hans Wurl Joins Gooding & Company's Team of Classic Automobile SpecialistsSANTA MONICA, Calif. (December 9, 2013) – Gooding & Company, the official auction house of the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance®, is expanding its existing team with the addition of Hans Wurl, a well-known classic car specialist with a strong technical background. Wurl has served as advisor to noted collectors and participated in some of the best collector car events around the world. Based in Seattle, Wurl joins Gooding & Company's team of respected automotive specialists David Brynan,....|
| BMW's 'BATMOBILES' SET FOR 19th ANNUAL AMELIA CONCOURSScheduled to appear in the 19th Annual Amelia Concours' BMW 3.0 CSL 'batmobile class' are not only the 1975 Sebring 12 Hour and '76 Daytona 24 winners, but Alexander Calder's 1975 Le Mans 3.0 CSL with his trademark signature on the left rear fender.|
BMW's 'Batmobile' racers were glorious mutants. They arrived from Europe wearing a frosting of giant wings, huge fender boxes and big spoilers, all powered by a 430 hp straight-six engine that made a glorious noise and propelled BMW's luxury cou....
| 400TH BUGATTI VEYRON SOLD – THE VEYRON BEGINS ITS FINAL LAPJust 50 models of the super sports car are still available|
• 400th Veyron is a Grand Sport Vitesse 'Jean-Pierre Wimille' of the six-part edition 'Les Légendes de Bugatti'
• Head of Bugatti Wolfgang Schreiber, 'A unique success story about the most exclusive and luxurious super sports car brand in the world'
Molsheim, 5 December 2013. Bugatti has sold its 400th Veyron. Since the production run of the Veyron and its variants is limited to just 450 models, thi....
| RM Auctions and Sotheby's Stun the Market with Incredible $63 Million 'Art of the Automobile' Sale in New York• RM Auctions and Sotheby's momentous Art of the Automobile auction generates $62,797,500 of sales in two hours of furious bidding|
• Records tumble with the historic 1964 Ferrari 250 LM by Carrozzeria Scaglietti achieving $14,300,000 while the stunning 1938 Talbot-Lago T150-C SS Teardrop Cabriolet by Figoni et Falaschi sells for $7,150,000
• 93 percent of all lots sold to an international audience of bidders representing 17 countries
• Full results are available online at www.rmauctions.c....
| Expert Symposium Delivered to Packed Room Ahead of 'Art of the Automobile' New York Sale• RM Auctions and Sotheby's deliver highly outstanding expert symposium to more than 700 people|
• Six hugely influential and respected specialists set the scene in advance of truly groundbreaking Art of The Automobile sale
• Anticipation building for what is being regarded as one of the finest and most innovative collector car auctions ever held
NEW YORK, New York (November 20, 2013) – The eyes of the collector car community are firmly fixed on New York, as RM Auctions and Sotheby's,....