|RM's Aalholm Collection Sale Attracts Record Crowds, Achieves in Excess of €10 Million|
| RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house, continued its busy summer calendar of events on the weekend, posting a spectacular €10.2 million with 100 percent of all lots sold at its Aalholm Automobil Museum sale in Denmark.
Attracting unprecedented interest from around the world, thousands of enthusiasts descended on the historic Aalholm Automobil Museum on the southern Danish island of Lolland for the single-day sale to secure a piece of Danish history. In total, the five-hour auction presented 181 lots before an enthusiastic packed house, with multiple bidding wars erupting throughout the day between bidders in the room, on the phones and over the Internet. Reflecting the strong international interest in the sale, bidders represented 34 countries from around the world, with bids coming in from as far afield as Russia, Japan, Malaysia and the United States. Significantly, Denmark represented in excess of 30 percent of registered bidders, demonstrating fierce national interest in the Aalholm Collection.
'We have been absolutely stunned by the interest that the Aalholm auction has attracted and on auction day we witnessed a three kilometre traffic queue simply to gain access to the sale!' says Max Girardo, Managing Director, RM Europe. 'For us to have achieved in excess of €10 million is an absolutely thrilling result, and is testament to the endearing appeal and reputation of the Aalholm Museum collection.'
The wonderful and very rare 1938 Maybach Zeppelin DS8 Roadster was the star performing lot of the auction, topping €1.3 million, after a fierce bidding battle in the room. Hotly contested, the hammer eventually fell at over 10 times the pre-sale estimate. Another car worthy of particular note and far exceeding expectations was the iconic 1911 Rolls-Royce 40/50 HP Silver Ghost Roi Des Belges Tourer, in many respects the best-known car within the Aalholm Museum. This magnificent early Rolls-Royce had many admirers, garnering a very strong €708,008, almost tripling its expected price. Original Bugattis always attract discerning international collectors and the very original 1938 Bugatti Type 57C Stelvio Drophead Coupé offered in the auction was no exception. After another spirited bidding war, the car sold for a remarkable €542,304.
|RM AUCTIONS RAISES THE BAR WITH MORE THAN $143 MILLION IN SALES IN MONTEREY• RM Auctions sets a new collector car auction benchmark with a record $143.4 million in sales at its flagship Monterey, California event; Saturday session achieves $88 million in just four hours |
• Auction proves quality counts with 91 percent of lots sold
• Thirty-five lots achieve individual million-dollar-plus results; three lots achieve eight-figures
• Ferraris dominate top sales led by 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciale for $26.4 million; a 1964 Ferrari 250 LM for $11.5 million; and the e....
|Postwar Ferrari Named Best of Show at 2014 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance1954 Ferrari 375 MM Scaglietti Coupe Named 'Best of Show'|
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (August 17, 2014) -- Excited cheers echoed across the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links Sunday when a 1954 Ferrari 375 MM Scaglietti Coupe was named Best of Show at the 64th annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. The car, owned by Jon Shirley of Medina, Washington, was the first postwar car to take the top award at the prestigious event in nearly five decades. It was also the first Ferrari to win.
|Ferrari 250 LM Leads Series of Million-Dollar-Plus Sales at RM's Friday Monterey Session• RM kicks off 2014 Monterey auction with 15 individual million-dollar-plus sales|
• Top-seller: 1964 Ferrari 250 LM, certified by Ferrari Classiche, brings $11,550,000
• Additional highlights include a 1965 Ford GT40 Roadster Prototype for $6,930,000 and two Mercedes-Benz models which set new auction records
• Auction continues Saturday, August 16 with an additional 62 blue-chip collector cars
MONTEREY, California (August 16, 2014) – A purebred 1964 Ferrari 250 LM, used exclusively....
|MCQUEEN FERRARI SMASHES RECORD AT RM'S SATURDAY MONTEREY SESSION• Ferraris dominate RM's Saturday sale: 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 delivered new to King of Cool Steve McQueen garners $10,175,000; 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciale realizes $26,400,000|
• 21 vehicles achieve seven figures during Saturday sale session
• Official results to be posted online at www.rmauctions.com in the coming days
MONTEREY, California (August 17, 2014) – One of the most highly anticipated lots of Monterey Car Week, the ex-Steve McQueen 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4, entered the h....
|RM AUCTIONS, IN ASSOCIATION WITH AUCTIONS AMERICA, TO OFFER ESTEEMED SAM PACK COLLECTION• Reaffirming their reputation as the specialist for private and estate collection sales, RM Auctions, in association with Auctions America, presents the Sam Pack Collection, November 14-15 in Dallas, Texas|
• The American-themed collection is highlighted by incredible quality and diversity
• Single-vendor sale to lift gavel on in excess of 130 vehicles 'without reserve'
• Further information and a full list of entries to be posted online at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (August 1....
|MAGNIFICENT 1956 FERRARI 250 GT ‘TOUR DE FRANCE' AND MUSCULAR 1964 SHELBY 289 COMPETITION COBRA HEADLINE RM'S LONDON SALE• Incredible duo lineup for RM's highly anticipated London sale, taking place on 8 September at Battersea Evolution|
• Ferrari is the eighth of just nine 1956 250 GT Berlinetta Competiziones, and boasts an outstanding period racing history
• Campaigned by 'Gentleman' Tom Payne in 1964 and 1965, the Shelby is a highly desirable Team Specification Cobra and the ultimate authentic 'American Muscle'
• Auction held in partnership with the Concours of Elegance at Hampton Court Palace
• Full event i....
|RM Celebrates 20th Anniversary Auction in the Motor City with $7.4 Million in Sales• RM Auctions' established Motor City sale achieves $7.4 million and captures international interest|
• Top sellers: 1911 Mercedes-Benz 38/70 HP realizes $495,000; 1932 Gar Wood 28' Triple Cockpit Runabout garners $275,000
• RM continues its 2014 calendar with its flagship Monterey sale, August 15-16 in California
• Full results available online at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (July 29, 2014) – RM Auctions, the official auction house of the Concours d'Elegance of Amer....
|Looks, Rarity, Performance: The Ultimate Connoisseur's Ferrari at RM Monterey...LOOKS, RARITY, PERFORMANCE: THE ULTIMATE CONNOISSEUR'S FERRARI, 275 GTB/C SPECIALE HEADLINES RM AUCTIONS' FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE|
• RM Auctions offers the first of only three 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciales, chassis 06701, at its flagship Monterey, California sale, August 15-16
• With its two sibling cars unlikely to ever become available, 06701's offering is a historic and unrepeatable opportunity to acquire one of the world's most important automobiles
• Exceptional 275 GTB/C Speci....