|RM's Aalholm Collection Sale Attracts Record Crowds, Achieves in Excess of €10 Million|
| RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house, continued its busy summer calendar of events on the weekend, posting a spectacular €10.2 million with 100 percent of all lots sold at its Aalholm Automobil Museum sale in Denmark.
Attracting unprecedented interest from around the world, thousands of enthusiasts descended on the historic Aalholm Automobil Museum on the southern Danish island of Lolland for the single-day sale to secure a piece of Danish history. In total, the five-hour auction presented 181 lots before an enthusiastic packed house, with multiple bidding wars erupting throughout the day between bidders in the room, on the phones and over the Internet. Reflecting the strong international interest in the sale, bidders represented 34 countries from around the world, with bids coming in from as far afield as Russia, Japan, Malaysia and the United States. Significantly, Denmark represented in excess of 30 percent of registered bidders, demonstrating fierce national interest in the Aalholm Collection.
'We have been absolutely stunned by the interest that the Aalholm auction has attracted and on auction day we witnessed a three kilometre traffic queue simply to gain access to the sale!' says Max Girardo, Managing Director, RM Europe. 'For us to have achieved in excess of €10 million is an absolutely thrilling result, and is testament to the endearing appeal and reputation of the Aalholm Museum collection.'
The wonderful and very rare 1938 Maybach Zeppelin DS8 Roadster was the star performing lot of the auction, topping €1.3 million, after a fierce bidding battle in the room. Hotly contested, the hammer eventually fell at over 10 times the pre-sale estimate. Another car worthy of particular note and far exceeding expectations was the iconic 1911 Rolls-Royce 40/50 HP Silver Ghost Roi Des Belges Tourer, in many respects the best-known car within the Aalholm Museum. This magnificent early Rolls-Royce had many admirers, garnering a very strong €708,008, almost tripling its expected price. Original Bugattis always attract discerning international collectors and the very original 1938 Bugatti Type 57C Stelvio Drophead Coupé offered in the auction was no exception. After another spirited bidding war, the car sold for a remarkable €542,304.
|RM Celebrates 20th Anniversary Auction in the Motor City with $7.4 Million in Sales• RM Auctions' established Motor City sale achieves $7.4 million and captures international interest|
• Top sellers: 1911 Mercedes-Benz 38/70 HP realizes $495,000; 1932 Gar Wood 28' Triple Cockpit Runabout garners $275,000
• RM continues its 2014 calendar with its flagship Monterey sale, August 15-16 in California
• Full results available online at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (July 29, 2014) – RM Auctions, the official auction house of the Concours d'Elegance of Amer....
|Looks, Rarity, Performance: The Ultimate Connoisseur's Ferrari at RM Monterey...LOOKS, RARITY, PERFORMANCE: THE ULTIMATE CONNOISSEUR'S FERRARI, 275 GTB/C SPECIALE HEADLINES RM AUCTIONS' FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE|
• RM Auctions offers the first of only three 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciales, chassis 06701, at its flagship Monterey, California sale, August 15-16
• With its two sibling cars unlikely to ever become available, 06701's offering is a historic and unrepeatable opportunity to acquire one of the world's most important automobiles
• Exceptional 275 GTB/C Speci....
|Exceptional European Highlights Added to RM's 20th Anniversary Motor City Sale• RM Auctions announces a spectacular group of European highlights for its annual Motor City sale, July 26 in Plymouth, Michigan|
• Led by a 1929 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Barker Torpedo Tourer, built for Indian royalty, the roster of European highlights joins a superb series of American classics at the sale, many of which were conceived and built in Detroit
• Celebrating 20 years as the official auction of the Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's, the single-day sale features an excellent....
|REVERED FERRARI 250 LM LEADS SUPERLATIVE ROSTER OF ITALIAN SPORTS CARS AT RM'S FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE· RM Auctions announces a legendary 1964 Ferrari 250 LM by Scaglietti as the latest multi-million-dollar highlight for its flagship Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California |
· 250 LM leads a superb roster of no less than 26 Ferraris at RM's two-day sale; additional new entries include a 1953 250 Europa and a 1963 400 SA LWB Coupe Aerodinamico Series II
· RM joins in Maserati's 100th anniversary celebrations, presenting no less than four examples from the luxury Italian ma....
|Following 65 Years in One of America's Original Collections, the 'Austie' Clark 1911 Mercer Type 35R Raceabout Prepares for Auction Debut• RM Auctions secures one of the 'Great Mercers,' the 'Austie' Clark 1911 Mercer Type 35R Raceabout, for its flagship Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California |
• Boasting an outstanding provenance, the Mercer is offered fresh to the market following single-family ownership since 1949
• Additional recent highlights for RM's Monterey sale include a selection of 18 vehicles from the former Bob Pond Collection
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at www.rmauctions.com
|RM SECURES ONE OF THE MOST SIGNIFICANT FORD GT40S IN EXISTENCE FOR ITS FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE• RM Auctions lifts gavel on a multi-million-dollar 1965 Ford GT40 Roadster Prototype, chassis GT/108, at its highly anticipated Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California|
• Fresh to the market following more than two decades in single-ownership, GT/108 served as a Ford/Shelby American development/demonstrator vehicle in the 1960s and was driven by the likes of John Whitmore, Dickie Atwood, Ken Miles, and Carroll Shelby
• The GT40 Prototype leads an exceptional series of more than 100 blue-chip....
|MCQUEEN'S 275 GTB/4 TAKES CENTER STAGE AT RM'S FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE• RM Auctions secures the 'King of Cool's' 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 for its flagship Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California|
• Delivered new to Steve McQueen and recently restored by Ferrari Classiche in Maranello, the upcoming auction represents the first time the vehicle has been offered for public sale
• McQueen's four-cam leads an exceptional roster of Ferraris at RM's Monterey sale, including a FXX Evoluzione, and a 250 GT N.A.R.T Spider by Fantuzzi
• A frequently updated list of en....
|THE CONCORSO D'ELEGANZA VILLA D'ESTE 2014 CELEBRATES THE ROARING TWENTIES AND SOME COMPELLING LANDMARKSMunich/Cernobbio. The glitz and glamour of the Roaring Twenties, an exquisite selection of vehicles, and anniversaries certain to capture the imagination will be the headline attractions at the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este 2014. The 85th edition of the tradition-swathed event on Lake Como will take place from 23 – 25 May 2014, hosted for the 10th time by BMW Group Classic and the Villa d'Este luxury hotel. The organisers took the opportunity at the Geneva International Motor Show to r....|