RM's Aalholm Collection Sale Attracts Record Crowds, Achieves in Excess of €10 Million
2006 FXX Ferrari
1996 Azure Bentley
1995 Hyena Lancia
1994 EB110 GT Bugatti
1987 F40 Ferrari
1984 Manta 400 Group B Rally Car Opel
1979 Merak SS Maserati
1978 M378 Le Mans GTP Rondeau
1976 Stratos Stradale Lancia
blog comments powered by Disqus 1972 124 Fiat
| RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house, continued its busy summer calendar of events on the weekend, posting a spectacular €10.2 million with 100 percent of all lots sold at its Aalholm Automobil Museum sale in Denmark.
Attracting unprecedented interest from around the world, thousands of enthusiasts descended on the historic Aalholm Automobil Museum on the southern Danish island of Lolland for the single-day sale to secure a piece of Danish history. In total, the five-hour auction presented 181 lots before an enthusiastic packed house, with multiple bidding wars erupting throughout the day between bidders in the room, on the phones and over the Internet. Reflecting the strong international interest in the sale, bidders represented 34 countries from around the world, with bids coming in from as far afield as Russia, Japan, Malaysia and the United States. Significantly, Denmark represented in excess of 30 percent of registered bidders, demonstrating fierce national interest in the Aalholm Collection.
'We have been absolutely stunned by the interest that the Aalholm auction has attracted and on auction day we witnessed a three kilometre traffic queue simply to gain access to the sale!' says Max Girardo, Managing Director, RM Europe. 'For us to have achieved in excess of €10 million is an absolutely thrilling result, and is testament to the endearing appeal and reputation of the Aalholm Museum collection.'
The wonderful and very rare 1938 Maybach Zeppelin DS8 Roadster was the star performing lot of the auction, topping €1.3 million, after a fierce bidding battle in the room. Hotly contested, the hammer eventually fell at over 10 times the pre-sale estimate. Another car worthy of particular note and far exceeding expectations was the iconic 1911 Rolls-Royce 40/50 HP Silver Ghost Roi Des Belges Tourer, in many respects the best-known car within the Aalholm Museum. This magnificent early Rolls-Royce had many admirers, garnering a very strong €708,008, almost tripling its expected price. Original Bugattis always attract discerning international collectors and the very original 1938 Bugatti Type 57C Stelvio Drophead Coupé offered in the auction was no exception. After another spirited bidding war, the car sold for a remarkable €542,304.
| St James's In Central London New Venue For 2013 Concours Of Elegance- HRH Prince Michael of Kent is Royal Patron -|
Thorough Events Ltd, organiser of last year's inaugural UK Concours of Elegance at Windsor Castle, has announced an extraordinary new location for the 2013 event.
To take place from September 5-7, the 2013 Concours of Elegance will be held in St James's in Central London in an area that encompasses the gardens of 300 year-old Royal Palace Marlborough House, adjacent to The Mall and St James's Palace, official residence of the Sovereig....
| American Classics from the Richard and Linda Kughn Collection Featured at RM's Annual Michigan Sale• RM Auctions returns to Plymouth, Michigan, July 27, for its well-established St. John's sale|
• Single-day auction in automotive heartland features more than 80 historic collector cars
• Sale headlined by a wonderful selection of automobiles from the distinguished collection of Richard and Linda Kughn
• Auction acts as prelude to the Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's on Sunday, July 28
BLENHEIM, Ontario (May 7, 2013) – RM Auctions, the official auction house of the Conc....
|RM Auctions Announces Official Parntership With The St James's Concours Of Elegance• RM Auctions announces that it is the official auction partner of the exclusive St James's Concours of Elegance|
• London auction dates to change from late October to 7-9 September, 2013 to coincide with the highly anticipated concours event
LONDON (3rd May, 2013) – RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is delighted to announce that it has now become the official auction partner of the St James's Palace Concours of Elegance, w....
| RM Auctions In Association With Sotheby's To Showcase Automotive Artistry At New York Sale• RM Auctions, in association with Sotheby's, announces exclusive New York collector car auction, November 21|
• Groundbreaking sale to celebrate the automobile as an art form and feature an elite, handpicked selection of approximately 35 significant motor cars
• Early highlight: bespoke, one-off 1956 Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII 'Supersonic' embodies wonderful concept of 'rolling sculpture'
BLENHEIM, Ontario (April 30, 2013) - RM Auctions, in association with Sotheb....
| RM Auctions' Don Davis Collection Attracts Texas-Size Bids• RM Auctions posts over $21.2 million at the record-breaking sale of the distinguished Don Davis Collection, April 27 in Fort Worth, Texas|
• Top seller: a rare 1967 Ferrari 330 GTS sold for $1,936,000, to establish a new auction record
• Five lots achieve million-dollar-plus results, with numerous auction records shattered
• Toyota 2000GT enters history books with seven-figure sales price
• Exceptional collection attracts bidders from 14 countries around the world
FORT WORTH, Texas (A....
| Incredible Hypercar 'Full House' Tops Spectacular Ferrari Extravaganza• RM Auctions announces amazing 16 car Ferrari haul for its forthcoming sale during the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este weekend, 25th May, on Lake Como, Italy|
• Hypercar 'full house' includes Ferrari Enzo, F50, F40, 288 GTO, and 599XX
• Full list of handpicked entries available online at rmauctions.com
LONDON (16 April, 2013) – RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is delighted to announce that its exclusive sale during the....
| RM Offers Distinguished Don Davis Collection Without Reserve• Final countdown underway to RM Auctions' Don Davis Collection sale, April 27, in Fort Worth, Texas|
• Single-day auction features 64 motor cars without reserve
• Offering comprises diverse roster of European sports and GT cars and American horsepower, including superb series of Porsche and Corvette automobiles
• Complete digital catalogue now available online at rmauctions.com
Following its record-setting sale of the Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum earlier this year, RM Auctions is proud to c....
| RM To Sell Magnificent 1905 Fiat 60HPMAGNIFICENT 1905 FIAT 60HP HEADS LIST OF INCREDIBLE NEW ENTRIES FOR RM'S SALE DURING THE CONCORSO D'ELEGANZA VILLA D'ESTE WEEKEND|
• RM Auctions announces additional stunning consignments for its forthcoming sale during the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este weekend, 25th May
• Offered for sale publicly for the first time in 108 years, this thundering and unique early 60HP FIAT presents collectors with the rarest of opportunities to buy a piece of motoring history
• A simply exquisite and....