|RM's Aalholm Collection Sale Attracts Record Crowds, Achieves in Excess of €10 Million|
| RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house, continued its busy summer calendar of events on the weekend, posting a spectacular €10.2 million with 100 percent of all lots sold at its Aalholm Automobil Museum sale in Denmark.
Attracting unprecedented interest from around the world, thousands of enthusiasts descended on the historic Aalholm Automobil Museum on the southern Danish island of Lolland for the single-day sale to secure a piece of Danish history. In total, the five-hour auction presented 181 lots before an enthusiastic packed house, with multiple bidding wars erupting throughout the day between bidders in the room, on the phones and over the Internet. Reflecting the strong international interest in the sale, bidders represented 34 countries from around the world, with bids coming in from as far afield as Russia, Japan, Malaysia and the United States. Significantly, Denmark represented in excess of 30 percent of registered bidders, demonstrating fierce national interest in the Aalholm Collection.
'We have been absolutely stunned by the interest that the Aalholm auction has attracted and on auction day we witnessed a three kilometre traffic queue simply to gain access to the sale!' says Max Girardo, Managing Director, RM Europe. 'For us to have achieved in excess of €10 million is an absolutely thrilling result, and is testament to the endearing appeal and reputation of the Aalholm Museum collection.'
The wonderful and very rare 1938 Maybach Zeppelin DS8 Roadster was the star performing lot of the auction, topping €1.3 million, after a fierce bidding battle in the room. Hotly contested, the hammer eventually fell at over 10 times the pre-sale estimate. Another car worthy of particular note and far exceeding expectations was the iconic 1911 Rolls-Royce 40/50 HP Silver Ghost Roi Des Belges Tourer, in many respects the best-known car within the Aalholm Museum. This magnificent early Rolls-Royce had many admirers, garnering a very strong €708,008, almost tripling its expected price. Original Bugattis always attract discerning international collectors and the very original 1938 Bugatti Type 57C Stelvio Drophead Coupé offered in the auction was no exception. After another spirited bidding war, the car sold for a remarkable €542,304.
|SPECTACULAR 1956 FERARRI 250 GT ‘TOUR DE FRANCE' LEADS RM AUCTIONS' £22 MILLION LONDON SALE• RM concludes yet another incredible London auction with approximately £22 million in sales and 86 percent of all lots sold|
• Packed auction room sees international audience representing 35 countries fight to secure some of the best preserved, low mileage collector cars ever offered to market
• Top sellers: 1956 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Competizione 'Tour de France' secures £4,872,000, while rare 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB Alloy achieves £1,960,000
• Highly original 1964 Shelby 289 Competition Co....
|HRH PRINCE MICHAEL OF KENT CONCLUDES RECORD BREAKING CONCOURS OF ELEGANCE 2014 WITH ‘BEST OF SHOW' PRESENTATION◾The Pullman Trophy for 'Best of Show' 2014 presented to the legendary 1931 Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 Touring 'Flying Star'|
◾Exclusive prize winners' presentation made at private reception on Saturday in King Henry VIII's Great Dining Hall at Hampton Court Palace, hosted by Concours Patron HRH Prince Michael of Kent
◾Concours of Elegance 2014 recorded biggest crowds in the event's three year history with more than 10,000 visitors over the weekend
The UK's most prestigious Concours of Elegance, uni....
|SPANNING A-TO-Z AND A CENTURY OF AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY, DIVERSE COLLECTIONS HEADLINE RM'S ANNUAL HERSHEY SALE• A feature attraction of the AACA Eastern Division Fall Meet, RM Auctions' two-day Hershey sale returns October 9 – 10, featuring more than 160 automobiles, a pair of boats and select memorabilia|
• Sale headlined by two private collections: The Cars of John Moir, featuring the A-to-Z Collection, and the Jeffrey Day Collection
• Full event information and a frequently updated list of entries available online at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (September 5, 2014) – RM Auctions w....
|A LABOR DAY TRADITION: AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FLAGSHIP AUBURN FALL COLLECTOR CAR WEEKEND ATTRACTS RECORD CROWDS, POSTS STRONG RESULTS• Auctions America's flagship Auburn Fall sale enjoys continued success with more than $25.9 million in sales |
• A Labor Day Weekend tradition, event attracts record attendance with more than 81,500 enthusiasts descending on Indiana's historic Auburn Auction Park
• Top sale: 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Dual Cowl Phaeton returns 'home' to the Classic Car Capital of America, realizing a strong $1,265,000
• Truly a community event, Auburn Fall raises $44,000 to benefit Honor Flight of Northeast In....
|WINNER TROPHIES AND AWARDS ANNOUNCED FOR THE 2014 CONCOURS OF ELEGANCE AT HAMPTON COURT PALACEOver 10 prized trophies and awards to be presented at the hotly-contested 2014 Concours of Elegance at Hampton Court Palace (5-7 September)|
◾Unlike other concours events, the Concours of Elegance 'Best of Show' is chosen by the concours car owners themselves
◾New Club Trophy will acknowledge the 'Best of the Best' car club concours winners, supported by AIG's Private Client Group
◾Club Trophy judging panel to include a number of famous faces, coordinated by the Royal Automobile Club
|RM AUCTIONS RAISES THE BAR WITH MORE THAN $143 MILLION IN SALES IN MONTEREY• RM Auctions sets a new collector car auction benchmark with a record $143.4 million in sales at its flagship Monterey, California event; Saturday session achieves $88 million in just four hours |
• Auction proves quality counts with 91 percent of lots sold
• Thirty-five lots achieve individual million-dollar-plus results; three lots achieve eight-figures
• Ferraris dominate top sales led by 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciale for $26.4 million; a 1964 Ferrari 250 LM for $11.5 million; and the e....
|Postwar Ferrari Named Best of Show at 2014 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance1954 Ferrari 375 MM Scaglietti Coupe Named 'Best of Show'|
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (August 17, 2014) -- Excited cheers echoed across the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links Sunday when a 1954 Ferrari 375 MM Scaglietti Coupe was named Best of Show at the 64th annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. The car, owned by Jon Shirley of Medina, Washington, was the first postwar car to take the top award at the prestigious event in nearly five decades. It was also the first Ferrari to win.
|Ferrari 250 LM Leads Series of Million-Dollar-Plus Sales at RM's Friday Monterey Session• RM kicks off 2014 Monterey auction with 15 individual million-dollar-plus sales|
• Top-seller: 1964 Ferrari 250 LM, certified by Ferrari Classiche, brings $11,550,000
• Additional highlights include a 1965 Ford GT40 Roadster Prototype for $6,930,000 and two Mercedes-Benz models which set new auction records
• Auction continues Saturday, August 16 with an additional 62 blue-chip collector cars
MONTEREY, California (August 16, 2014) – A purebred 1964 Ferrari 250 LM, used exclusively....