RM Auctions Lifts The Gavel On Bruce Weiner's World-Famous Microcar Museum
2006 Ferrari FXX
1996 Bentley Azure
1995 Lancia Hyena
1994 Bugatti EB110 GT
1987 Ferrari F40
1984 Opel Manta 400 Group B Rally Car
1979 Maserati Merak SS
1978 Rondeau M378 Le Mans GTP
1976 Lancia Stratos Stradale
1972 Fiat 124
| Building on its reputation as the specialists for private and estate collection sales, RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house, will lift the gavel on the renowned Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum during a two-day sale, February 15–16, 2013 in Madison, Georgia.
Carefully amassed over 15 years by businessman and dedicated collector Bruce Weiner, the Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum represents the world's largest collection of the world's smallest cars. Extremely well-known and respected the world over, the colorful and utterly unique museum reflects Weiner's lifelong fascination with rarities of mechanical interest. It also reflects a fastidious collecting philosophy; in building the collection, Bruce scoured the world to secure the best, the rarest, and the most unusual examples extant, often dedicating multiple years to the 'thrill of the chase' and eventual acquisition of select lots.
Now, after 15 years of welcoming thousands of visitors from across the globe to tour his impressive museum and holding countless microcar meets onsite, Weiner is preparing to disperse his fascinating collection, sharing the joy it has brought him over the years with other passionate collectors. The upcoming two-day sale will see his entire collection cross the podium without reserve, including approximately 200 microcars, along with an eclectic assortment of more than 300 lots of collectibles. The offering includes period neon signage, exceptionally rare kiddie rides, hugely valuable micorcar models, literature, and delightful period vending machines and candy dispensers, all from the 1950s—the heyday of the microcar.
'Bruce Weiner is the consummate collector with an incredible sense of fun and remarkable eye for rarity and quality—elements that are all perfectly reflected in his prized collection,' says Rob Myers, Chairman and Founder, RM Auctions. 'As a microcar collection, the Bruce Weiner Museum is unequivocally the finest of its kind worldwide. With many items having been closely guarded in private ownership, and the vast majority coming to public auction for the first time, the sale is truly unprecedented. We are honored to have been selected by Bruce to present his museum collection, and we look forward to welcoming enthusiasts to what promises to be an unbelievably fun and unforgettable weekend.'
| 1958 FERRARI 250 GT LWB CALIFORNIA SPIDER STARS AT RM'S 15TH ANNUAL ARIZONA SALE• RM Auctions announces latest highlights for its two-day Arizona auction, January 16 – 17 in Phoenix, led by a highly prized 1958 Ferrari 250 GT LWB California Spider|
• Most recent blue-chip entries join a spectacular roster of more than 120 handpicked automobiles for the sale at the beautiful Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (December 10, 2013) – RM Auctions, the world's largest auctio....
| LE MANS GREATS HEAD STUNNING ROSTER OF ADDITIONAL ENTRIES FOR RM'S 2014 PARIS SALE DURING RETROMOBILE WEEK• Anticipation builds ahead of RM's €25 million debut Paris sale on 5 February 2014|
• More Le Mans greats join stunning competition car line-up at saleLatest highlights include a 1982 Rondeau M482 Le Mans GTP, a veteran of five Le Mans 24 hours races, and a mighty 2008 Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Le Mans Prototype, which finished 2nd at Le Mans, was driven by Jacques Villeneuve, and has been entrusted to be sold by RM by the Peugeot factory
• Other recently secured entries include a Bugatti Type 40 Ro....
| RM Auctions and Sotheby's Stun the Market with Incredible $63 Million 'Art of the Automobile' Sale in New York• RM Auctions and Sotheby's momentous Art of the Automobile auction generates $62,797,500 of sales in two hours of furious bidding|
• Records tumble with the historic 1964 Ferrari 250 LM by Carrozzeria Scaglietti achieving $14,300,000 while the stunning 1938 Talbot-Lago T150-C SS Teardrop Cabriolet by Figoni et Falaschi sells for $7,150,000
• 93 percent of all lots sold to an international audience of bidders representing 17 countries
• Full results are available online at www.rmauctions.c....
| Expert Symposium Delivered to Packed Room Ahead of 'Art of the Automobile' New York Sale• RM Auctions and Sotheby's deliver highly outstanding expert symposium to more than 700 people|
• Six hugely influential and respected specialists set the scene in advance of truly groundbreaking Art of The Automobile sale
• Anticipation building for what is being regarded as one of the finest and most innovative collector car auctions ever held
NEW YORK, New York (November 20, 2013) – The eyes of the collector car community are firmly fixed on New York, as RM Auctions and Sotheby's,....
| Sports and Racing Rarities Lead Early Highlights For RM's Two-Day Arizona Sale• RM Auctions returns to the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa in Phoenix from January 16–17 to kick off its 2014 collector car season|
• Expanded to two days in 2014, the well-established sale will celebrate its 15th year by lifting the gavel on approximately 120 handpicked motor cars
• Early highlights span the spectrum of the market, led by a superb trio of sports and racing Porsches
• Annual sale kicks off RM's 2014 international auction calendar, which includes the company's highly anticipate....
| THE PINNACLE OF COLLECTOR CAR AUCTIONS: RM AND SOTHEBY'S OFFER A CENTURY OF AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY AND DESIGN IN NEW YORK CITY• Final countdown underway to RM Auctions and Sotheby's expertly curated Art of the Automobile sale, November 21, in New York City|
• First major collector car auction to be held in Manhattan in over a decade; the sale's catalogue features examples of the upper echelons of design from each era of motoring
• Extraordinary exhibition that showcases all vehicles on offer will be held from November 18–20 on the 10th floor galleries at Sotheby's New York
• Official digital catalogue now availab....
| DUKE AND DUCHESS OF WINDSOR'S 1941 CADILLAC TO BE AUCTIONED IN NEW YORK CITY• RM Auctions and Sotheby's offer one-of-one Cadillac custom built for the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, without reserve, November 21, in New York City |
• Delivered to the royal couple at the Waldorf, the Cadillac — long thought to be destroyed —has been missing from the public eye since 1952
• Known affectionately as 'The Duchess,' this bespoke limousine is an important piece of automotive and society history
• Full sale details now available online at www.rmauctions.com
| One of World's finest competiton car collections to be sold at RM's Paris sale• RM Auctions announces stunning Harburg Collection for its debut Paris sale, 4–5 February 2014|
• Collection boasts a number of highly significant Porsche models, including a 1973 ex-Works 917/30 Can-Am Spyder, a 1982 ex-Works 956 956 Group C Sports-Prototype, a 1964 904 Carrera GTS, a 1959 356 A Carrera 1500 GT Speedster, and a 1987 959
• Other remarkable models to be offered in the collection include a 1955 Jaguar D-Type, a 1955 Ferrari 750 Monza Spider, the ex-Briggs Cunningham 1950 Aston M....