RM Auctions Lifts The Gavel On Bruce Weiner's World-Famous Microcar Museum
2006 FXX Ferrari
1996 Azure Bentley
1995 Hyena Lancia
1994 EB110 GT Bugatti
1987 F40 Ferrari
1984 Manta 400 Group B Rally Car Opel
1979 Merak SS Maserati
1978 M378 Le Mans GTP Rondeau
1976 Stratos Stradale Lancia
blog comments powered by Disqus 1972 124 Fiat
| Building on its reputation as the specialists for private and estate collection sales, RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house, will lift the gavel on the renowned Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum during a two-day sale, February 15–16, 2013 in Madison, Georgia.
Carefully amassed over 15 years by businessman and dedicated collector Bruce Weiner, the Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum represents the world's largest collection of the world's smallest cars. Extremely well-known and respected the world over, the colorful and utterly unique museum reflects Weiner's lifelong fascination with rarities of mechanical interest. It also reflects a fastidious collecting philosophy; in building the collection, Bruce scoured the world to secure the best, the rarest, and the most unusual examples extant, often dedicating multiple years to the 'thrill of the chase' and eventual acquisition of select lots.
Now, after 15 years of welcoming thousands of visitors from across the globe to tour his impressive museum and holding countless microcar meets onsite, Weiner is preparing to disperse his fascinating collection, sharing the joy it has brought him over the years with other passionate collectors. The upcoming two-day sale will see his entire collection cross the podium without reserve, including approximately 200 microcars, along with an eclectic assortment of more than 300 lots of collectibles. The offering includes period neon signage, exceptionally rare kiddie rides, hugely valuable micorcar models, literature, and delightful period vending machines and candy dispensers, all from the 1950s—the heyday of the microcar.
'Bruce Weiner is the consummate collector with an incredible sense of fun and remarkable eye for rarity and quality—elements that are all perfectly reflected in his prized collection,' says Rob Myers, Chairman and Founder, RM Auctions. 'As a microcar collection, the Bruce Weiner Museum is unequivocally the finest of its kind worldwide. With many items having been closely guarded in private ownership, and the vast majority coming to public auction for the first time, the sale is truly unprecedented. We are honored to have been selected by Bruce to present his museum collection, and we look forward to welcoming enthusiasts to what promises to be an unbelievably fun and unforgettable weekend.'
| St James's In Central London New Venue For 2013 Concours Of Elegance- HRH Prince Michael of Kent is Royal Patron -|
Thorough Events Ltd, organiser of last year's inaugural UK Concours of Elegance at Windsor Castle, has announced an extraordinary new location for the 2013 event.
To take place from September 5-7, the 2013 Concours of Elegance will be held in St James's in Central London in an area that encompasses the gardens of 300 year-old Royal Palace Marlborough House, adjacent to The Mall and St James's Palace, official residence of the Sovereig....
| American Classics from the Richard and Linda Kughn Collection Featured at RM's Annual Michigan Sale• RM Auctions returns to Plymouth, Michigan, July 27, for its well-established St. John's sale|
• Single-day auction in automotive heartland features more than 80 historic collector cars
• Sale headlined by a wonderful selection of automobiles from the distinguished collection of Richard and Linda Kughn
• Auction acts as prelude to the Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's on Sunday, July 28
BLENHEIM, Ontario (May 7, 2013) – RM Auctions, the official auction house of the Conc....
|RM Auctions Announces Official Parntership With The St James's Concours Of Elegance• RM Auctions announces that it is the official auction partner of the exclusive St James's Concours of Elegance|
• London auction dates to change from late October to 7-9 September, 2013 to coincide with the highly anticipated concours event
LONDON (3rd May, 2013) – RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is delighted to announce that it has now become the official auction partner of the St James's Palace Concours of Elegance, w....
| RM Auctions In Association With Sotheby's To Showcase Automotive Artistry At New York Sale• RM Auctions, in association with Sotheby's, announces exclusive New York collector car auction, November 21|
• Groundbreaking sale to celebrate the automobile as an art form and feature an elite, handpicked selection of approximately 35 significant motor cars
• Early highlight: bespoke, one-off 1956 Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII 'Supersonic' embodies wonderful concept of 'rolling sculpture'
BLENHEIM, Ontario (April 30, 2013) - RM Auctions, in association with Sotheb....
| RM Auctions' Don Davis Collection Attracts Texas-Size Bids• RM Auctions posts over $21.2 million at the record-breaking sale of the distinguished Don Davis Collection, April 27 in Fort Worth, Texas|
• Top seller: a rare 1967 Ferrari 330 GTS sold for $1,936,000, to establish a new auction record
• Five lots achieve million-dollar-plus results, with numerous auction records shattered
• Toyota 2000GT enters history books with seven-figure sales price
• Exceptional collection attracts bidders from 14 countries around the world
FORT WORTH, Texas (A....
| Incredible Hypercar 'Full House' Tops Spectacular Ferrari Extravaganza• RM Auctions announces amazing 16 car Ferrari haul for its forthcoming sale during the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este weekend, 25th May, on Lake Como, Italy|
• Hypercar 'full house' includes Ferrari Enzo, F50, F40, 288 GTO, and 599XX
• Full list of handpicked entries available online at rmauctions.com
LONDON (16 April, 2013) – RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is delighted to announce that its exclusive sale during the....
| RM Offers Distinguished Don Davis Collection Without Reserve• Final countdown underway to RM Auctions' Don Davis Collection sale, April 27, in Fort Worth, Texas|
• Single-day auction features 64 motor cars without reserve
• Offering comprises diverse roster of European sports and GT cars and American horsepower, including superb series of Porsche and Corvette automobiles
• Complete digital catalogue now available online at rmauctions.com
Following its record-setting sale of the Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum earlier this year, RM Auctions is proud to c....
| RM To Sell Magnificent 1905 Fiat 60HPMAGNIFICENT 1905 FIAT 60HP HEADS LIST OF INCREDIBLE NEW ENTRIES FOR RM'S SALE DURING THE CONCORSO D'ELEGANZA VILLA D'ESTE WEEKEND|
• RM Auctions announces additional stunning consignments for its forthcoming sale during the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este weekend, 25th May
• Offered for sale publicly for the first time in 108 years, this thundering and unique early 60HP FIAT presents collectors with the rarest of opportunities to buy a piece of motoring history
• A simply exquisite and....