|RM Auctions Lifts The Gavel On Bruce Weiner's World-Famous Microcar Museum|
| Building on its reputation as the specialists for private and estate collection sales, RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house, will lift the gavel on the renowned Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum during a two-day sale, February 15–16, 2013 in Madison, Georgia.
Carefully amassed over 15 years by businessman and dedicated collector Bruce Weiner, the Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum represents the world's largest collection of the world's smallest cars. Extremely well-known and respected the world over, the colorful and utterly unique museum reflects Weiner's lifelong fascination with rarities of mechanical interest. It also reflects a fastidious collecting philosophy; in building the collection, Bruce scoured the world to secure the best, the rarest, and the most unusual examples extant, often dedicating multiple years to the 'thrill of the chase' and eventual acquisition of select lots.
Now, after 15 years of welcoming thousands of visitors from across the globe to tour his impressive museum and holding countless microcar meets onsite, Weiner is preparing to disperse his fascinating collection, sharing the joy it has brought him over the years with other passionate collectors. The upcoming two-day sale will see his entire collection cross the podium without reserve, including approximately 200 microcars, along with an eclectic assortment of more than 300 lots of collectibles. The offering includes period neon signage, exceptionally rare kiddie rides, hugely valuable micorcar models, literature, and delightful period vending machines and candy dispensers, all from the 1950s—the heyday of the microcar.
'Bruce Weiner is the consummate collector with an incredible sense of fun and remarkable eye for rarity and quality—elements that are all perfectly reflected in his prized collection,' says Rob Myers, Chairman and Founder, RM Auctions. 'As a microcar collection, the Bruce Weiner Museum is unequivocally the finest of its kind worldwide. With many items having been closely guarded in private ownership, and the vast majority coming to public auction for the first time, the sale is truly unprecedented. We are honored to have been selected by Bruce to present his museum collection, and we look forward to welcoming enthusiasts to what promises to be an unbelievably fun and unforgettable weekend.'
|SPECTACULAR 1956 FERARRI 250 GT ‘TOUR DE FRANCE' LEADS RM AUCTIONS' £22 MILLION LONDON SALE• RM concludes yet another incredible London auction with approximately £22 million in sales and 86 percent of all lots sold|
• Packed auction room sees international audience representing 35 countries fight to secure some of the best preserved, low mileage collector cars ever offered to market
• Top sellers: 1956 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Competizione 'Tour de France' secures £4,872,000, while rare 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB Alloy achieves £1,960,000
• Highly original 1964 Shelby 289 Competition Co....
|HRH PRINCE MICHAEL OF KENT CONCLUDES RECORD BREAKING CONCOURS OF ELEGANCE 2014 WITH ‘BEST OF SHOW' PRESENTATION◾The Pullman Trophy for 'Best of Show' 2014 presented to the legendary 1931 Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 Touring 'Flying Star'|
◾Exclusive prize winners' presentation made at private reception on Saturday in King Henry VIII's Great Dining Hall at Hampton Court Palace, hosted by Concours Patron HRH Prince Michael of Kent
◾Concours of Elegance 2014 recorded biggest crowds in the event's three year history with more than 10,000 visitors over the weekend
The UK's most prestigious Concours of Elegance, uni....
|SPANNING A-TO-Z AND A CENTURY OF AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY, DIVERSE COLLECTIONS HEADLINE RM'S ANNUAL HERSHEY SALE• A feature attraction of the AACA Eastern Division Fall Meet, RM Auctions' two-day Hershey sale returns October 9 – 10, featuring more than 160 automobiles, a pair of boats and select memorabilia|
• Sale headlined by two private collections: The Cars of John Moir, featuring the A-to-Z Collection, and the Jeffrey Day Collection
• Full event information and a frequently updated list of entries available online at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (September 5, 2014) – RM Auctions w....
|A LABOR DAY TRADITION: AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FLAGSHIP AUBURN FALL COLLECTOR CAR WEEKEND ATTRACTS RECORD CROWDS, POSTS STRONG RESULTS• Auctions America's flagship Auburn Fall sale enjoys continued success with more than $25.9 million in sales |
• A Labor Day Weekend tradition, event attracts record attendance with more than 81,500 enthusiasts descending on Indiana's historic Auburn Auction Park
• Top sale: 1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Dual Cowl Phaeton returns 'home' to the Classic Car Capital of America, realizing a strong $1,265,000
• Truly a community event, Auburn Fall raises $44,000 to benefit Honor Flight of Northeast In....
|WINNER TROPHIES AND AWARDS ANNOUNCED FOR THE 2014 CONCOURS OF ELEGANCE AT HAMPTON COURT PALACEOver 10 prized trophies and awards to be presented at the hotly-contested 2014 Concours of Elegance at Hampton Court Palace (5-7 September)|
◾Unlike other concours events, the Concours of Elegance 'Best of Show' is chosen by the concours car owners themselves
◾New Club Trophy will acknowledge the 'Best of the Best' car club concours winners, supported by AIG's Private Client Group
◾Club Trophy judging panel to include a number of famous faces, coordinated by the Royal Automobile Club
|RM AUCTIONS RAISES THE BAR WITH MORE THAN $143 MILLION IN SALES IN MONTEREY• RM Auctions sets a new collector car auction benchmark with a record $143.4 million in sales at its flagship Monterey, California event; Saturday session achieves $88 million in just four hours |
• Auction proves quality counts with 91 percent of lots sold
• Thirty-five lots achieve individual million-dollar-plus results; three lots achieve eight-figures
• Ferraris dominate top sales led by 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciale for $26.4 million; a 1964 Ferrari 250 LM for $11.5 million; and the e....
|Ferrari 250 LM Leads Series of Million-Dollar-Plus Sales at RM's Friday Monterey Session• RM kicks off 2014 Monterey auction with 15 individual million-dollar-plus sales|
• Top-seller: 1964 Ferrari 250 LM, certified by Ferrari Classiche, brings $11,550,000
• Additional highlights include a 1965 Ford GT40 Roadster Prototype for $6,930,000 and two Mercedes-Benz models which set new auction records
• Auction continues Saturday, August 16 with an additional 62 blue-chip collector cars
MONTEREY, California (August 16, 2014) – A purebred 1964 Ferrari 250 LM, used exclusively....
|MCQUEEN FERRARI SMASHES RECORD AT RM'S SATURDAY MONTEREY SESSION• Ferraris dominate RM's Saturday sale: 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 delivered new to King of Cool Steve McQueen garners $10,175,000; 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciale realizes $26,400,000|
• 21 vehicles achieve seven figures during Saturday sale session
• Official results to be posted online at www.rmauctions.com in the coming days
MONTEREY, California (August 17, 2014) – One of the most highly anticipated lots of Monterey Car Week, the ex-Steve McQueen 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4, entered the h....