|John Staluppi's 'Cars of Dreams' Collection Joins RM's Record 2012 Calendar|
| • RM Auctions presents the renowned John Staluppi 'Cars of Dreams' Collection, December 1, in West Palm Beach, Florida
• Amassed over the past decade, the well-known private museum features a superb collection of nearly 120 automobiles and a diverse selection of memorabilia, from a carousel to a complete drive-in theater, all to be offered without reserve
• Sale continues RM Auctions' reputation as the specialist for private and estate collection sales
Fresh on the heels of its highly successful Aalholm Automobil Collection auction last weekend, RM Auctions has announced the addition of a new single-vendor sale to its 2012 calendar: The John Staluppi 'Cars of Dreams' Collection, to be offered December 1 in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Well-known and highly regarded by automotive enthusiasts, the 'Cars of Dreams' Collection is the result of more than a decade of dedicated collecting by successful entrepreneur, car dealer, and lifelong enthusiast, John Staluppi. Spanning a broad range of American marques and eras, the series of nearly 120 cars comprises a wide variety of some of the finest, rarest, and most desirable American automobiles ever produced, with a strong emphasis on convertibles and performance cars. The collection ranges from a terrific series of icons from the fifties and sixties, through to a remarkable collection of Detroit muscle and pony cars, and some of the world's greatest street rods and resto-rods, all of which have been superbly restored, regularly exercised, and extremely well maintained by a professional staff.
|RM Celebrates 20th Anniversary Auction in the Motor City with $7.4 Million in Sales• RM Auctions' established Motor City sale achieves $7.4 million and captures international interest|
• Top sellers: 1911 Mercedes-Benz 38/70 HP realizes $495,000; 1932 Gar Wood 28' Triple Cockpit Runabout garners $275,000
• RM continues its 2014 calendar with its flagship Monterey sale, August 15-16 in California
• Full results available online at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (July 29, 2014) – RM Auctions, the official auction house of the Concours d'Elegance of Amer....
|Looks, Rarity, Performance: The Ultimate Connoisseur's Ferrari at RM Monterey...LOOKS, RARITY, PERFORMANCE: THE ULTIMATE CONNOISSEUR'S FERRARI, 275 GTB/C SPECIALE HEADLINES RM AUCTIONS' FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE|
• RM Auctions offers the first of only three 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciales, chassis 06701, at its flagship Monterey, California sale, August 15-16
• With its two sibling cars unlikely to ever become available, 06701's offering is a historic and unrepeatable opportunity to acquire one of the world's most important automobiles
• Exceptional 275 GTB/C Speci....
|DIVERSE PRIVATE COLLECTIONS ADDED TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FLAGSHIP AUBURN FALL SALE• Numerous private collections to cross the block at Auctions America's Auburn Fall event, August 27 – 31 at Indiana's historic Auburn Auction Park|
• Latest highlights led by 80 vehicles from a prominent private collection along with 20 cars from The David Disiere Collection
• Multi-day sale to feature approximately 1200 quality collector cars and a full day of parts and memorabilia
• Frequently updated list of entries and complete event information available at auctionsamerica.com
|Exceptional European Highlights Added to RM's 20th Anniversary Motor City Sale• RM Auctions announces a spectacular group of European highlights for its annual Motor City sale, July 26 in Plymouth, Michigan|
• Led by a 1929 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Barker Torpedo Tourer, built for Indian royalty, the roster of European highlights joins a superb series of American classics at the sale, many of which were conceived and built in Detroit
• Celebrating 20 years as the official auction of the Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's, the single-day sale features an excellent....
|REVERED FERRARI 250 LM LEADS SUPERLATIVE ROSTER OF ITALIAN SPORTS CARS AT RM'S FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE· RM Auctions announces a legendary 1964 Ferrari 250 LM by Scaglietti as the latest multi-million-dollar highlight for its flagship Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California |
· 250 LM leads a superb roster of no less than 26 Ferraris at RM's two-day sale; additional new entries include a 1953 250 Europa and a 1963 400 SA LWB Coupe Aerodinamico Series II
· RM joins in Maserati's 100th anniversary celebrations, presenting no less than four examples from the luxury Italian ma....
|Following 65 Years in One of America's Original Collections, the 'Austie' Clark 1911 Mercer Type 35R Raceabout Prepares for Auction Debut• RM Auctions secures one of the 'Great Mercers,' the 'Austie' Clark 1911 Mercer Type 35R Raceabout, for its flagship Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California |
• Boasting an outstanding provenance, the Mercer is offered fresh to the market following single-family ownership since 1949
• Additional recent highlights for RM's Monterey sale include a selection of 18 vehicles from the former Bob Pond Collection
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at www.rmauctions.com
|RM SECURES ONE OF THE MOST SIGNIFICANT FORD GT40S IN EXISTENCE FOR ITS FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE• RM Auctions lifts gavel on a multi-million-dollar 1965 Ford GT40 Roadster Prototype, chassis GT/108, at its highly anticipated Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California|
• Fresh to the market following more than two decades in single-ownership, GT/108 served as a Ford/Shelby American development/demonstrator vehicle in the 1960s and was driven by the likes of John Whitmore, Dickie Atwood, Ken Miles, and Carroll Shelby
• The GT40 Prototype leads an exceptional series of more than 100 blue-chip....
|Jacques Vaucher from l'art et l'automobile consults with Heritage Auctions on inaugural Automobilia AuctionLongtime auctioneer and collectibles expert advises World's Largest Collectibles Auctioneer|
DALLAS – Longtime auctioneer and collectibles expert Jacques Vaucher has been retained by Heritage Auctions as a special consultant as it launches its inaugural Automobilia Signature® Auction May 29 in Dallas. The nearly 300-lot auction spans high-grade scale models, porcelain signs, and rare original art relating to the world's love affair with the automobile.
'Jacques brings more th....