|ANTICIPATION BUILDS AS RARE CARS ARE CONSIGNED TO RM'S FLAGSHIP UK SALE|
| • RM Auctions' annual London sale returns to Battersea Evolution, 31st October, 2012
• Now in its sixth year, the London sale is one of Europe's consistently best performing collector car auctions
• Upcoming auction features a magnificent collection of the world's finest motor cars, headlined by an ultra-rare, alloy-bodied 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing, a competition-bred 1959 Ferrari 250 GT LWB Scaglietti Berlinetta 'Tour de France', and a single-owner collection of 22 automobiles
• A frequently updated list of sale entries is available online at rmauctions.com
Now firmly established in the European auction scene, RM's consistently high-performing central London sale at Battersea Evolution returns to the UK, 31st October.
| EXCEPTIONAL $6.6 MILLION 1937 DELAHAYE 135 COMPETITION COURT TORPEDO ROADSTER TOPS RM'S RECORD-BREAKING AMELIA ISLAND SALE• RM posts its most successful Amelia Island, Florida sale to date, generating an outstanding $35,947,500 with 97 percent of all lots sold, March 8 at the Ritz-Carlton|
• Top seller: The late Malcolm Pray's 1937 Delahaye 135 Competition Court Torpedo Roadster sells for a world auction record $6,600,000, the most valuable car ever sold during the Amelia Island weekend
• Full results are now available at www.rmauctions.com
• RM continues its 2014 calendar with a return to Monaco for the company'....
| JACKIE COOPER'S FERRARI 410 SUPERAMERICA HEADED TO AMELIAFilm and TV star Jackie Cooper's 1956 Pininfarina Ferrari 410 Superamerica will anchor the 'Ferrari Production 1950-1964' class at the 19th annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance.|
The year 1956 was a good one for Ferrari, on and off the track. The Modenese firm won both the Formula 1 and the World Sportscar Championships in 1956. As a bonus, the Italian marque won Enzo Ferrari's favorite race, the open road Mille Miglia, a brutal 1000 mile high speed lap of the Italian peninsula.
| Chris Froome Joins Jaguar to Light up the Stage at Geneva Motor Show◾Team Sky's Tour de France 2013 winner Chris Froome joined Jaguar to celebrate the official naming of its highly-anticipated mid-sized premium sedan, the Jaguar XE and the introduction of the new XFR-S Sportbrake at the Geneva Motor Show |
◾As an Official Partner of Team Sky, Jaguar will provide XFR-S Sportbrake support vehicles to the team from 2014 onwards
◾XFR-S Sportbrake, which is based on the acclaimed XFR-S saloon, is the first ever high-performance estate car to be produced by Jaguar
| Ferrari at AutoClassica in MilanThe Museo Ferrari will be one of the exhibitors at the AutoClassica in Milan, the most important car show for historical cars, organised at the new Milan fair in Rho from 17 to 19 February.|
Two cars from the Museo Ferrari exhibition will be displayed, representing the history of the Prancing Horse.The first, the 500 F2, is the single-seater which won the 1952 F1 Championship. 2012 sees, in fact, the 60th anniversary of the first Ferrari victory in this Championship with Alberto Ascari, who t....
| ŠKODA presents CITIHENGECar giant ŠKODA has installed a unique replica of Wiltshire's iconic Stonehenge - made entirely from recycled car parts - on London's Southbank.|
The sculpture, which has been unveiled in time for the evening of the Summer Solstice (20th June), has been specially positioned to sit on little known ley lines and is set to become one of the key talking points in the capital this summer…
With the new car as its centrepiece, the audacious piece of automotive art dubbed 'Citihenge' by the makers,....
| Ferrari 'Tour De France' Joins RM's Monterey Sale• RM Auctions announces a rare and coveted 1956 Ferrari 250 GT LWB Berlinetta Scaglietti 'Tour de France' as the latest feature attraction for its Monterey sale, August 17–18|
• The first 14-Louver TdF built and one of just nine examples of its kind, 0585 GT is Ferrari Classiche certified and boasts a well-documented history, including a co-starring role in the 1966 Disney classic, The Love Bug
• Exclusive TdF joins previously announced Ferrari 410 S to lead an exceptional roster of more than a....
| Factory Certified Short Wheelbase California spyder Latest Star Attraction For RM's Monterey AuctionRM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is honored to announce the addition of a stunning 1962 Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Spyder, chassis 3119 GT, to its Monterey sale, August 17–18 in California.|
Considered one of the most beautiful and desirable Ferraris in existence, the California Spyder is the epitome of prestige and magnificent styling, featuring stunning bodywork designed by Pininfarina and masterfully executed by Scaglietti, ....
| GT40 Gulf/Mirage Lightweight Racing Car Brings Record $11 Million At RM's Friday Monterey Sale• RM kicks off its 2012 Monterey auction with record-breaking $11 million sale of the 1968 Ford GT40 Gulf/Mirage Lightweight Racing Car, P/1074 |
• Used extensively as the camera car in 'Le Mans', GT40 sets new world record for the highest price paid for an American automobile sold at auction
• Seven lots achieve individual million-dollar-plus results during RM's Friday sale session; multiple new world records set
• Auction continues today (August 18) with the offering of an additional 60 inve....