|ANTICIPATION BUILDS AS RARE CARS ARE CONSIGNED TO RM'S FLAGSHIP UK SALE|
| • RM Auctions' annual London sale returns to Battersea Evolution, 31st October, 2012
• Now in its sixth year, the London sale is one of Europe's consistently best performing collector car auctions
• Upcoming auction features a magnificent collection of the world's finest motor cars, headlined by an ultra-rare, alloy-bodied 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing, a competition-bred 1959 Ferrari 250 GT LWB Scaglietti Berlinetta 'Tour de France', and a single-owner collection of 22 automobiles
• A frequently updated list of sale entries is available online at rmauctions.com
Now firmly established in the European auction scene, RM's consistently high-performing central London sale at Battersea Evolution returns to the UK, 31st October.
|1956 Argentine Grand Prix: Least in the Kingdom is GreaterSpeaking of the power of humility, the Bible says the least, within the context of the world, if they follow God's commands, shall be greater than those considered great. |
To say that Luigi Musso was the least within the kingdom of Scuderia Ferrari would be a terrible understatement. Having a reputation for caring more about his cars than those that pilot them, it was certainly true that Enzo held little place in his heart for his fellow Italian. However, in the Roman's very first Formula One....
|Luigi Musso: Talented, Tempting and TroubledFollowing Alberto Ascari's back-to-back titles in 1952 and 1953 there have been no Italian Formula One World Champions. While there has been a great amount of hope throughout the years, Italians have been left without a World Champion. Perhaps, it could be argued, all such hopes died with Luigi Musso on the 6th of July in 1958.|
Since Ascari there have certainly been some notable Italian drivers within Formula One history books. Such names as Michele Alboreto, Elio de Angelis, Alex Zanardi, Ri....
|1958 Targa Florio: Musso Commands the HeightsDuring the invasion of Sicily during the Second World War it would be the mountainous roads around the island that would pose the greatest hindrance to the advance of the British and American forces trying to breakthrough on their way, ultimately, to Italy. A little more than a decade later, these difficult mountainous roads were taking their toll. But, there would be one Italian right at home among the rocky outcroppings. |
The 42nd Targa Florio would go ahead as planned despite the growing c....
|1956 Sebring 12 Hours: Musso Impresses on American SoilHaving more than proven himself within the 2.0-liter category with the factory Maserati team, Luigi Musso makes the short trip west from Modena to Maranello to drive for Ferrari. This would be a big step up in performance, for car and driver. Here Musso's real talent would need to be realized. Otherwise, the Italian would find himself an estranged patriot without a home. But, on American soil, the young Italian would find his place. |
The Roman Musso had had an impressive run with Maserati. Af....
|C IS FOR CADILLAC: $1.1 MILLION V-16 ROADSTER LEADS RM'S STRONGEST PERFORMANCE IN HERSHEY• RM Auctions posts record results in Hershey, with more than $14 million in sales and 93 percent of all lots sold|
• Top seller: highlighting the unique A-to-Z Collection, John Moir Jr.'s 1930 Cadillac V-16 Roadster achieves an incredible $1,100,000
• The quality of the Jeffrey Day Collection also shines, bringing strong prices for finely restored Fords
• Full results available online at www.rmauctions.com
HERSHEY, Pennsylvania (October 11, 2014) – RM Auctions, the world's largest collect....
|SIR FRANK WILLIAMS PRIZE WINNER OF ‘BERNIE ECCLESTONE AWARD BY BREMBO 2014'Alberto Bombassei and Bernie Ecclestone will confer to Sir Frank Williams, Founder and Team Principal of Williams F1 team, the annual award to have contributed to the growth of the history of Formula One, reaching prestigious results thanks to personality and entrepreneurial capability.|
The award ceremony will take place on Sunday 12 October at about h. 12.00 in the paddock of Sochi circuit during Russia Grand Prix
(Stezzano, Italy, 7 October 2014) - On the occasion of the first edit....
|RARE ALLOY MERCEDES-BENZ 300 SL GULLWING WINS THE PUBLIC CHOICE AT THE 2014 CONCOURS OF ELEGANCE◾The results are now all in for the inaugural Public Choice vote for the 2014 Concours of Elegance at Hampton Court Palace|
◾A rare alloy-bodied 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Gullwing is voted the Public Choice winner by visitors to the annual Concours
◾Each Public Choice vote placed by text made a welcome donation to the official Concours charities
For the very first time, visitors to the recent Concours of Elegance – held to great acclaim at Hampton Court Palace from 5-7 September – were able ....
|SPECTACULAR 1956 FERARRI 250 GT ‘TOUR DE FRANCE' LEADS RM AUCTIONS' £22 MILLION LONDON SALE• RM concludes yet another incredible London auction with approximately £22 million in sales and 86 percent of all lots sold|
• Packed auction room sees international audience representing 35 countries fight to secure some of the best preserved, low mileage collector cars ever offered to market
• Top sellers: 1956 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Competizione 'Tour de France' secures £4,872,000, while rare 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB Alloy achieves £1,960,000
• Highly original 1964 Shelby 289 Competition Co....