|Final Countdown underway To RM Auctions' Charile Thomas Collection Sale|
|• RM Auctions presents the Charlie Thomas Collection on October 20, 2012, at the Gaylord Texan Resort near Dallas, Texas • Auction features 175 automobiles without reserve, including a 1935 Ford DeLuxe Three-Window Coupe, a pair of fuel-injected Chevrolet Corvette Convertibles, a 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air Nomad Station Wagon, and a 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible • 100 percent of proceeds from the sale of the collection's 1952 Willys Military Jeep will benefit the Brookwood Community in Brookshire, Texas • Digital catalogue now available online at rmauctions.com RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is set to continue its successful run of private collection sales next month with the presentation of the all-American Charlie Thomas Collection, October 20, at the beautiful Gaylord Texan near Dallas, Texas. The product of two decades of careful and dedicated acquisition by prominent Texas businessman, life-long auto enthusiast and former owner of the Houston Rockets basketball team, Charlie Thomas, the 'Texas-sized' collection features 175 quality collector cars and spans the spectrum of the collector car market from early flatheads to '50s convertibles and '60s muscle and sports cars. Among highlights are a magnificent series of more than 80 Fords, including multiple Shelbys, and more than 40 Chevrolets, joined by numerous examples from other celebrated American marques, including Cadillac, Chrysler, Packard, and Oldsmobile, to name just a few. All lots are offered without reserve, providing an exciting range of ownership opportunities for savvy collectors. 'RM Auctions is honored and delighted to have been chosen to assist Charlie Thomas with the dispersal of his collection,' says Gord Duff, Car Specialist, RM Auctions. 'With a great eye for correct, quality examples of American iron from the pre-war and post-war periods, his collection truly has something for everyone, and he's taken great pride in regularly exercising these cars to ensure they run and drive beautifully.' Representing American pre-war classics, and highlighting the collection's magnificent Ford offering, is a 1935 Ford DeLuxe Three-Window Coupe with tremendous character and exceptional beauty. Benefiting from a high-point restoration, this coupe is radiant in rich Washington Blue and presents endless opportunities on the show field or at any number of driving events (Estimate: $45,000–$65,000). Another great pre-war automobile on offer is a classic 1929 Pierce-Arrow Series Model 125 Roadster that has been well cared for in the Charlie Thomas Collection for more than a decade and which constitutes a deserving addition to any noteworthy collection (Estimate: $100,000–$125,000). Chevrolets of the '50s and '60s are also prominently featured in the sale, led by an exceptional pair of fuel-injected Corvette convertibles, each wonderful examples of 'America's Sports Car.' The 1957 Chevrolet Corvette 'Fuel-Injected' Convertible is one of only 102 units with the Code CK, 283 fuel-injected V-8 rated at 250 horsepower, and it has been exquisitely restored to the last detail (Estimate: $125,000–$150,000). The 1957 model is joined by a matching-numbers 1962 Chevrolet Corvette 'Fuel-Injected' Convertible honored with an NCRS Top-Flight Award (Estimate: $75,000–$100,000). Additional highlights from Detroit's bowtie include the most expensive model built by Chevrolet at the time, a 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air Nomad Station Wagon, which benefits from a no-expense-spared restoration and is considered one of the best of its kind (Estimate: $60,000–$80,000); a well-optioned 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible presented in nearly new condition and with fewer than 1,000 miles since restoration (Estimate: $85,000–$100,000); and a wonderfully restored and spectacularly presented 1958 Chevrolet Half-Ton Cameo Carrier Pickup Truck (Estimate: $45,000–$60,000). Representing American muscle of the '60s are a pair of highly sought after 1968 Shelby GT500s, including one of the most desirable of all Shelby Mustangs, a 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible with multiple options (Estimate: $140,000–$180,000) and a well-optioned 1968 Shelby GT500 KR Fastback, the all-powerful 'King of the Road' (Estimate: $100,000–$130,000). Additional notable entries from the Charlie Thomas Collection slated for next month's sale include: • a rarely offered 1955 Packard Caribbean Convertible that typifies the Detroit-built luxury of the 1950s (Estimate: $60,000–$80,000); • a 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Fastback showing just 5,400 original miles (Estimate: $75,000–$100,000); • a one-of-a-kind 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Roadster, conceived and built over many years from period designs (Estimate: $125,000–$175,000); and • one of few known surviving 1951 Lincoln Cosmopolitan Convertibles, a cherished member of the collection for many years (Estimate: $60,000–$80,000). In addition to the above, the sale will lift the gavel on an exceptional 1952 Willys Military Jeep, with 100 percent of proceeds from its sale benefiting the Brookwood Community, a non-profit residential facility and vocational program in Brookshire, Texas supporting adults with disabilities (brookwoodcommunity.org). An exciting addition to any important Americana collection, the Jeep benefits from an excellent and detailed restoration and is presented in proper Army Olive Drab Green. Delivery of the vehicle will be handled free of charge to anywhere in the Continental U.S.A., courtesy of Reliable Carriers (Estimate: $30,000–$40,000). For additional information on RM's Charlie Thomas Collection, including the digital catalogue, please visit rmuactions.com or call toll free1 800 211 4371 (within North America) or +1 519 352 4575 (outside North America). Preferred accommodation rates at the beautiful Gaylord Texan are available by contacting RM Auctions' Client Services Department. Photo captions: Top: 1935 Ford Three-Window Coupe, photo credit 2012 (c) Darin Schnabel courtesy of RM Auctions Second: 1957 Chevrolet Corvette 'Fuel-Injected' Convertible, photo credit 2012 (c) Darin Schnabel courtesy of RM Auctions|
|RM Auctions to Sell Historic Daytona 24 Hour-Winning Jaguar XJR-9 at Amelia Island• RM Auctions secures Works Jaguar XJR-9 for its Amelia Island, Florida sale, March 14, 2015|
• The sole remaining original of only two purpose-built IMSA specification XJR-9s constructed, chassis 388 enjoyed huge record of success through 1988, 1989 and 1990
• 2015 marks 25th anniversary of this actual car's historic 1990 Daytona 24 hour victory in the hands of Jones/Lammers/Wallace
• XJR-9 leads a handpicked selection of 80 automobiles at RM's Amelia Island sale, the official auction of the ....
|PRIZED PAUL AND CHRIS ANDREWS COLLECTION SET FOR RM'S AUCTION PODIUM• RM Auctions presents the coveted Paul and Chris Andrews Collection, April 30 – May 2, 2015 in Fort Worth, Texas|
• Sale features an unprecedented selection of motor cars and memorabilia, meticulously assembled over many years by the respected father and son team
• Further information will be available at www.rmauctions.com in early 2015
BLENHEIM, Ontario (November 20, 2014) – Continuing its reputation as the industry leader for private collection sales, RM Auctions will lift the gav....
|TEXAS-SIZED SAM PACK FIVE STAR COLLECTION ACHIEVES IMPRESSIVE $11.5 MILLION AT AUCTION• RM Auctions and Auctions America's Sam Pack Five Star Collection event generates strong results with over $11.5 million in sales|
• Iconic 1967 Shelby 427 Cobra tops sales list at $1,292,500
• Numerous lots exceed expectations, including a 2006 Ford GT for $418,000, and a 1939 Lincoln-Zephyr Coupe Custom for $253,000
• Full proceeds from the collection's 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302, along with part proceeds from auction admission, benefit Holy Angels in Shreveport, Louisiana
• Event conclude....
|Trio of Iconic Supercars Lead Early Entries for RM's 2015 Arizona Sale• RM Auctions' annual Arizona Biltmore sale returns January 15 – 16|
• A staple on the global collector car calendar, 2015 auction to feature 120 blue-chip automobiles
• Early highlights are packed with high performance, led by an exciting trio of European supercars from Porsche, Ferrari and Bugatti
• Full event information and a frequently updated list of entries available online at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (November 5, 2014) – RM Auctions, the world's largest col....
|C IS FOR CADILLAC: $1.1 MILLION V-16 ROADSTER LEADS RM'S STRONGEST PERFORMANCE IN HERSHEY• RM Auctions posts record results in Hershey, with more than $14 million in sales and 93 percent of all lots sold|
• Top seller: highlighting the unique A-to-Z Collection, John Moir Jr.'s 1930 Cadillac V-16 Roadster achieves an incredible $1,100,000
• The quality of the Jeffrey Day Collection also shines, bringing strong prices for finely restored Fords
• Full results available online at www.rmauctions.com
HERSHEY, Pennsylvania (October 11, 2014) – RM Auctions, the world's largest collect....
|SPECTACULAR 1956 FERARRI 250 GT ‘TOUR DE FRANCE' LEADS RM AUCTIONS' £22 MILLION LONDON SALE• RM concludes yet another incredible London auction with approximately £22 million in sales and 86 percent of all lots sold|
• Packed auction room sees international audience representing 35 countries fight to secure some of the best preserved, low mileage collector cars ever offered to market
• Top sellers: 1956 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Competizione 'Tour de France' secures £4,872,000, while rare 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB Alloy achieves £1,960,000
• Highly original 1964 Shelby 289 Competition Co....
|HRH PRINCE MICHAEL OF KENT CONCLUDES RECORD BREAKING CONCOURS OF ELEGANCE 2014 WITH ‘BEST OF SHOW' PRESENTATION◾The Pullman Trophy for 'Best of Show' 2014 presented to the legendary 1931 Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 Touring 'Flying Star'|
◾Exclusive prize winners' presentation made at private reception on Saturday in King Henry VIII's Great Dining Hall at Hampton Court Palace, hosted by Concours Patron HRH Prince Michael of Kent
◾Concours of Elegance 2014 recorded biggest crowds in the event's three year history with more than 10,000 visitors over the weekend
The UK's most prestigious Concours of Elegance, uni....
|SPANNING A-TO-Z AND A CENTURY OF AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY, DIVERSE COLLECTIONS HEADLINE RM'S ANNUAL HERSHEY SALE• A feature attraction of the AACA Eastern Division Fall Meet, RM Auctions' two-day Hershey sale returns October 9 – 10, featuring more than 160 automobiles, a pair of boats and select memorabilia|
• Sale headlined by two private collections: The Cars of John Moir, featuring the A-to-Z Collection, and the Jeffrey Day Collection
• Full event information and a frequently updated list of entries available online at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (September 5, 2014) – RM Auctions w....