|Final Countdown underway To RM Auctions' Charile Thomas Collection Sale|
|• RM Auctions presents the Charlie Thomas Collection on October 20, 2012, at the Gaylord Texan Resort near Dallas, Texas • Auction features 175 automobiles without reserve, including a 1935 Ford DeLuxe Three-Window Coupe, a pair of fuel-injected Chevrolet Corvette Convertibles, a 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air Nomad Station Wagon, and a 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible • 100 percent of proceeds from the sale of the collection's 1952 Willys Military Jeep will benefit the Brookwood Community in Brookshire, Texas • Digital catalogue now available online at rmauctions.com RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is set to continue its successful run of private collection sales next month with the presentation of the all-American Charlie Thomas Collection, October 20, at the beautiful Gaylord Texan near Dallas, Texas. The product of two decades of careful and dedicated acquisition by prominent Texas businessman, life-long auto enthusiast and former owner of the Houston Rockets basketball team, Charlie Thomas, the 'Texas-sized' collection features 175 quality collector cars and spans the spectrum of the collector car market from early flatheads to '50s convertibles and '60s muscle and sports cars. Among highlights are a magnificent series of more than 80 Fords, including multiple Shelbys, and more than 40 Chevrolets, joined by numerous examples from other celebrated American marques, including Cadillac, Chrysler, Packard, and Oldsmobile, to name just a few. All lots are offered without reserve, providing an exciting range of ownership opportunities for savvy collectors. 'RM Auctions is honored and delighted to have been chosen to assist Charlie Thomas with the dispersal of his collection,' says Gord Duff, Car Specialist, RM Auctions. 'With a great eye for correct, quality examples of American iron from the pre-war and post-war periods, his collection truly has something for everyone, and he's taken great pride in regularly exercising these cars to ensure they run and drive beautifully.' Representing American pre-war classics, and highlighting the collection's magnificent Ford offering, is a 1935 Ford DeLuxe Three-Window Coupe with tremendous character and exceptional beauty. Benefiting from a high-point restoration, this coupe is radiant in rich Washington Blue and presents endless opportunities on the show field or at any number of driving events (Estimate: $45,000–$65,000). Another great pre-war automobile on offer is a classic 1929 Pierce-Arrow Series Model 125 Roadster that has been well cared for in the Charlie Thomas Collection for more than a decade and which constitutes a deserving addition to any noteworthy collection (Estimate: $100,000–$125,000). Chevrolets of the '50s and '60s are also prominently featured in the sale, led by an exceptional pair of fuel-injected Corvette convertibles, each wonderful examples of 'America's Sports Car.' The 1957 Chevrolet Corvette 'Fuel-Injected' Convertible is one of only 102 units with the Code CK, 283 fuel-injected V-8 rated at 250 horsepower, and it has been exquisitely restored to the last detail (Estimate: $125,000–$150,000). The 1957 model is joined by a matching-numbers 1962 Chevrolet Corvette 'Fuel-Injected' Convertible honored with an NCRS Top-Flight Award (Estimate: $75,000–$100,000). Additional highlights from Detroit's bowtie include the most expensive model built by Chevrolet at the time, a 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air Nomad Station Wagon, which benefits from a no-expense-spared restoration and is considered one of the best of its kind (Estimate: $60,000–$80,000); a well-optioned 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible presented in nearly new condition and with fewer than 1,000 miles since restoration (Estimate: $85,000–$100,000); and a wonderfully restored and spectacularly presented 1958 Chevrolet Half-Ton Cameo Carrier Pickup Truck (Estimate: $45,000–$60,000). Representing American muscle of the '60s are a pair of highly sought after 1968 Shelby GT500s, including one of the most desirable of all Shelby Mustangs, a 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible with multiple options (Estimate: $140,000–$180,000) and a well-optioned 1968 Shelby GT500 KR Fastback, the all-powerful 'King of the Road' (Estimate: $100,000–$130,000). Additional notable entries from the Charlie Thomas Collection slated for next month's sale include: • a rarely offered 1955 Packard Caribbean Convertible that typifies the Detroit-built luxury of the 1950s (Estimate: $60,000–$80,000); • a 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Fastback showing just 5,400 original miles (Estimate: $75,000–$100,000); • a one-of-a-kind 1946 Chrysler Town & Country Roadster, conceived and built over many years from period designs (Estimate: $125,000–$175,000); and • one of few known surviving 1951 Lincoln Cosmopolitan Convertibles, a cherished member of the collection for many years (Estimate: $60,000–$80,000). In addition to the above, the sale will lift the gavel on an exceptional 1952 Willys Military Jeep, with 100 percent of proceeds from its sale benefiting the Brookwood Community, a non-profit residential facility and vocational program in Brookshire, Texas supporting adults with disabilities (brookwoodcommunity.org). An exciting addition to any important Americana collection, the Jeep benefits from an excellent and detailed restoration and is presented in proper Army Olive Drab Green. Delivery of the vehicle will be handled free of charge to anywhere in the Continental U.S.A., courtesy of Reliable Carriers (Estimate: $30,000–$40,000). For additional information on RM's Charlie Thomas Collection, including the digital catalogue, please visit rmuactions.com or call toll free1 800 211 4371 (within North America) or +1 519 352 4575 (outside North America). Preferred accommodation rates at the beautiful Gaylord Texan are available by contacting RM Auctions' Client Services Department. Photo captions: Top: 1935 Ford Three-Window Coupe, photo credit 2012 (c) Darin Schnabel courtesy of RM Auctions Second: 1957 Chevrolet Corvette 'Fuel-Injected' Convertible, photo credit 2012 (c) Darin Schnabel courtesy of RM Auctions|
|Looks, Rarity, Performance: The Ultimate Connoisseur's Ferrari at RM Monterey...LOOKS, RARITY, PERFORMANCE: THE ULTIMATE CONNOISSEUR'S FERRARI, 275 GTB/C SPECIALE HEADLINES RM AUCTIONS' FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE|
• RM Auctions offers the first of only three 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciales, chassis 06701, at its flagship Monterey, California sale, August 15-16
• With its two sibling cars unlikely to ever become available, 06701's offering is a historic and unrepeatable opportunity to acquire one of the world's most important automobiles
• Exceptional 275 GTB/C Speci....
|DIVERSE PRIVATE COLLECTIONS ADDED TO AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FLAGSHIP AUBURN FALL SALE• Numerous private collections to cross the block at Auctions America's Auburn Fall event, August 27 – 31 at Indiana's historic Auburn Auction Park|
• Latest highlights led by 80 vehicles from a prominent private collection along with 20 cars from The David Disiere Collection
• Multi-day sale to feature approximately 1200 quality collector cars and a full day of parts and memorabilia
• Frequently updated list of entries and complete event information available at auctionsamerica.com
|Exceptional European Highlights Added to RM's 20th Anniversary Motor City Sale• RM Auctions announces a spectacular group of European highlights for its annual Motor City sale, July 26 in Plymouth, Michigan|
• Led by a 1929 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Barker Torpedo Tourer, built for Indian royalty, the roster of European highlights joins a superb series of American classics at the sale, many of which were conceived and built in Detroit
• Celebrating 20 years as the official auction of the Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John's, the single-day sale features an excellent....
|REVERED FERRARI 250 LM LEADS SUPERLATIVE ROSTER OF ITALIAN SPORTS CARS AT RM'S FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE· RM Auctions announces a legendary 1964 Ferrari 250 LM by Scaglietti as the latest multi-million-dollar highlight for its flagship Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California |
· 250 LM leads a superb roster of no less than 26 Ferraris at RM's two-day sale; additional new entries include a 1953 250 Europa and a 1963 400 SA LWB Coupe Aerodinamico Series II
· RM joins in Maserati's 100th anniversary celebrations, presenting no less than four examples from the luxury Italian ma....
|Following 65 Years in One of America's Original Collections, the 'Austie' Clark 1911 Mercer Type 35R Raceabout Prepares for Auction Debut• RM Auctions secures one of the 'Great Mercers,' the 'Austie' Clark 1911 Mercer Type 35R Raceabout, for its flagship Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California |
• Boasting an outstanding provenance, the Mercer is offered fresh to the market following single-family ownership since 1949
• Additional recent highlights for RM's Monterey sale include a selection of 18 vehicles from the former Bob Pond Collection
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at www.rmauctions.com
|RM SECURES ONE OF THE MOST SIGNIFICANT FORD GT40S IN EXISTENCE FOR ITS FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE• RM Auctions lifts gavel on a multi-million-dollar 1965 Ford GT40 Roadster Prototype, chassis GT/108, at its highly anticipated Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California|
• Fresh to the market following more than two decades in single-ownership, GT/108 served as a Ford/Shelby American development/demonstrator vehicle in the 1960s and was driven by the likes of John Whitmore, Dickie Atwood, Ken Miles, and Carroll Shelby
• The GT40 Prototype leads an exceptional series of more than 100 blue-chip....
|MCQUEEN'S 275 GTB/4 TAKES CENTER STAGE AT RM'S FLAGSHIP MONTEREY SALE• RM Auctions secures the 'King of Cool's' 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 for its flagship Monterey sale, August 15–16 in California|
• Delivered new to Steve McQueen and recently restored by Ferrari Classiche in Maranello, the upcoming auction represents the first time the vehicle has been offered for public sale
• McQueen's four-cam leads an exceptional roster of Ferraris at RM's Monterey sale, including a FXX Evoluzione, and a 250 GT N.A.R.T Spider by Fantuzzi
• A frequently updated list of en....
|1931 Cadillac 452A Takes Pinehurst Concours d'Elegance Best In ShowVILLAGE OF PINEHURST, N.C. (May 4, 2014) – A striking midnight blue 1931 Cadillac 452A owned by 90-year-old Charles Gillet of Lutherville, Md., was awarded the Best in Show at the 2014 Pinehurst Concours d'Elegance at Pinehurst Resort on Sunday.|
The car, equipped with a V-16 engine and purchased in 1986 by Gillet and then restored by Pruiett Automotive Restoration, emerged from 119 vintage cars and a strong Class 4 Grand Classics (1925-1948) field to capture the top prize at the second....