|RM Readies For Highly Anticipated Hershey Sale|
|• Final countdown underway to RM Auctions' annual Hershey, Pennsylvania sale, October 11–12 • Auction features approximately 120 historic automobiles joined by a select series of vintage motorcycles and an assortment of memorabilia • Automobile offering led by famous 1931 Duesenberg Model J Dual Windshield 'Barrelside' Phaeton, winner of the epic 1932 race at Lake Muroc in California • Duesenberg headlines select group of 10 automobiles from the distinguished Ray Bowersox Collection; sale also presents select vehicles from the respected George Grew and Raymond Carr collections • Additional highlights include the oldest surviving Ford sold by the Ford Motor Company and a pair of automobiles each in single family ownership since the teens • Digital catalogue now available online at rmauctions.com RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, returns to Hershey, Pennsylvania, October 11–12 for its highly anticipated sale at the Hershey Lodge. A popular fixture on the global collector car calendar and a featured highlight of the AACA Eastern Regional Fall Meet, the annual auction boasts a reputation for including outstanding Brass Era automobiles. Last year's sale entered the history books when the 1884 De Dion Bouton et Trepardoux Dos-a-Dos Stream Runabout, the world's oldest running motor car, realized an impressive $4.62 million before a packed house to set a new world record for an early motor car sold at auction. This year's sale promises another magnificent roster of nearly 120 collector automobiles, joined by a series of vintage motorcycles and a diverse assortment of memorabilia. 'Our Hershey event is a mainstay of our global auction calendar and one that clients and staff alike both look forward to every year. Boasting a strong track record for early automobiles in particular, it is truly a fall tradition for the world's elite collectors, and combined with the AACA Meet, provides a wonderful celebration of automotive history,' says Rob Myers, Chairman & Founder, RM Auctions. A featured attraction of this year's Hershey sale is the presentation of 10 automobiles from the distinguished private collection of Ray Bowersox. Each maintained to the highest standards, the group is headlined by an exceptional 1931 Duesenberg Model J Dual Windshield 'Barrelside' Phaeton by LeBaron, J299 (pictured). One of only seven built and six known survivors, J299 boasts a fascinating early history. Originally owned by Phil Berg, agent to numerous stars and producers of Hollywood, this illustrious Model J was the winner of the famous 1932 race at Lake Muroc, against the Mercedes-Benz S Boattail Speedster owned by Zeppo and Chico Marx. With a $25,000 wager and pride of owning the faster vehicle at stake, the Duesenberg bested the Benz in front of a crowd of more than 1,000 spectators, including Hollywood royalty Clark Gable, Gary Cooper, Al Jolson, Carole Lombard, Mae West, and legendary race car designer and builder Harry Miller, to name just a few. Subsequent to Berg's ownership, J299 passed through a succession of well-documented owners before making its way into the Bowersox Collection in 1985, where it was thoroughly restored and has been meticulously maintained (Estimate: $1,200,000–$1,500,000). J299 is one of two highly desirable Duesenbergs on offer from the Bowersox Collection at next month's Hershey sale. Also set for the auction podium, a rare, supremely elegant 1929 Duesenberg J Sport Sedan, J139, featuring coachwork by the Walter M. Murphy Company. One of only two sporting examples, this highly desirable Model J has been in single ownership since 1979, over which time it has been extensively maintained (Estimate: $700,000–$900,000). A complete list of vehicles on offer from the Bowersox Collection is outlined in RM's digital catalogue, now available online at rmauctions.com. In addition to select automobiles from the Bowersox Collection, the upcoming Hershey sale will also feature nine motor cars from the estate of respected collector George Grew, along with six examples from the noted collection of adventurer and active tourer, Raymond Carr, further reaffirming RM's reputation as the specialist for private and estate collection sales. With an emphasis on Brass Era automobiles, the Grew Collection, all offered without reserve, comprises nine of George's favorite automobiles, including a superb 1909 Pierce-Arrow 36 HP Three-Passenger Runabout, chassis UU149, the epitome of a pre-1910 sports car (Estimate: $250,000–$350,000, pictured right) and a well-documented 1913 Simplex 38 HP Five-Passenger Touring, chassis 1326, Grew's show car of choice, having made the rounds on the East Coast and onto the Midwest (Estimate: $200,000–$240,000). Highlights of the Raymond Carr Collection, also offered without reserve, include an award-winning 1909 Stanley Model R Roadster, chassis 4896, driven from Anchorage, Alaska to Bar Harbor, Maine in 2006 (Estimate: $150,000–$180,000) and a 1912 Baker Electric Model W Runabout, chassis 2245, the 1995 Guinness World Record holder for the first electric vehicle to travel coast-to-coast (Estimate: $180,000–$210,000). Among a long list of other notable entries set for the Hershey sale are • a historic 1903 Ford Model A Rear Entry Tonneau, chassis 30, heavily documented as the oldest surviving Ford sold by the Ford Motor Company (Estimate: $300,000–$500,000); • a handsome, award-winning 1914 Packard 1-38 Runabout, chassis 38878, one of only five known remaining examples (Estimate: $425,000–$550,000); • a mighty 1915 Peerless 48 HP Seven-Passenger Touring, chassis 152023, the only one known to exist and in single family ownership from new (Estimate: $275,000–$350,000); • a cherished 1918 Chevrolet D-Series V-8 Touring, owned by the same family since new and offered for sale for the first time in 94 years (Estimate: $35,000–$45,000, offered without reserve). Beyond the automobiles, RM's upcoming Hershey auction will also lift the gavel on a series of early fire-fighting apparatuses, including a well-documented, superbly-restored 1894 Silsby Fourth Size Horse-Drawn Steam Pumper, delivered new to Philadelphia's Engine Company 42 (Estimate: $250,000–$350,000); a professionally restored 1868 Button Pumpable Handtub 'Columbian' Fire Engine with a long competition career (Estimate: $60,000–$90,000); and a 1867 Gibbs & Gordon Soda Ash Chemical Kettle Hand Pumper, one of only two known to exist (Estimate: $12,000–$18,000). In addition to the auction, RM will celebrate the upcoming AACA Hershey meet by returning as the presenting sponsor of this year's Night at the Museum at the AACA Museum. Scheduled for October 10 and themed 'Celebrating the Motoring Hobby,' this year's event provides a wonderful kick start to meet week festivities, providing a casual atmosphere in which to mingle with fellow enthusiasts, enjoy live entertainment, and raise important funds to support the AACA group of families and its mission to preserve automotive history. For further details and ticket information, visit nightatthemuseum.org. Full event details for RM's Hershey auction, including the digital catalogue, are available online by visiting rmauctions.com or calling RM Auctions toll free at 1 800 211 4371 (within North America) or +1 519 352 4575 (outside North America). Event Details – RM Hershey Night at the Museum: October 10, 2012 (AACA Museum, 161 Museum Drive, Hershey, PA) Sale dates: October 11–12, 2012; auction commences at 6 p.m. ET both evenings Preview dates: October 11–12, 2012; preview commences 9 a.m. ET both days Location: Hershey Lodge, West Chocolate Avenue and University Drive, Hershey, Pennsylvania, 17033 Admission: Admission to the auction is limited to registered bidders, consignors, and qualified media only. Bidder registration is $200 and includes an official auction catalogue and admission for two to the preview and auction. For those unable to attend the event in person, Internet, absentee, Smartphone, and telephone bidding options are available, and the auction will stream live online at www.rmauctions.com, providing real-time coverage of the event. Photo captions: Top – 1931 Duesenberg Model J Dual Windshield 'Barrelside' Phaeton by LeBaron (credit: Darin Schnabel © 2012 courtesy RM Auctions) Second top - 1909 Pierce-Arrow 36 HP Three-Passenger Runabout (credit: Scott Nidermaier © 2012 courtesy RM Auctions)|
|Historic 1964 Ferrari 250 LM Races to an Impressive $9.6 Million as Records Tumble at RM's Arizona Sale• RM Auctions achieves its strongest performance to date in Arizona: $63.7 million in total sales with 90 percent of all lots sold|
• 1964 Ferrari 250 LM achieves $9.6 million to secure the title as the most valuable automobile sold in Arizona auction history
• 17 motor cars achieve million-dollar-plus results with numerous new auction records established
• RM's 2015 calendar continues in Paris, February 4, and Amelia Island, Florida, March 14
PHOENIX, Arizona (January 18, 2015) – RM....
|World's Top Marques Set to Dominate RM's Arizona Biltmore Sale• Desirable models from leading marques will cross the stage at RM's Arizona sale, January 15-16 in Phoenix|
• Classiche-certified 1964 Ferrari 250 LM with fantastic period racing history leads a list of Ferrari highlights
• Auction also features terrific Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Lamborghini, Packard, Bentley, Shelby, and Audi motor cars
• Complete list of entries available at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (December 11, 2014) – RM Auctions, the world's largest collector ....
|ALL-ORIGINAL FERRARI 365 GTB/4 DAYTONA TO BE OFFERED BY ITS FIRST AND ONLY OWNER AT RM'S AMELIA ISLAND SALE• RM Auctions presents the 'Condo Find Daytona' at its Amelia Island, Florida sale, March 14|
• Offered on behalf of its original owner, the Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona recently emerged from 25 years storage in downtown Toronto
• The official auction of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, RM sale also lifts the gavel on a spectacular 1938 Bugatti Type 57C Aravis Cabriolet, which was judged 'Best of Show' at Amelia Island in 2012
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at www.....
|FRENCH HISTORY TAKES CENTRE STAGE AT RM'S PARIS COLLECTOR CAR AUCTION AT PLACE VAUBAN• RM Auctions returns to the stunning Place Vauban for its second annual collector car sale in Paris, 4 February, 2015|
• Held during the world-famous Retromobile week, the multi-million euro sale features a magnificent selection of 60 blue-chip motor cars
• Early highlights led by two automobiles with wonderful French provenance, a 1935 Delahaye 135 S and 1934 Lancia Belna Eclipse
• Full event details available at www.rmauctions.com
LONDON (November 25, 2014) – RM Auctions, the worl....
|RM Auctions to Sell Historic Daytona 24 Hour-Winning Jaguar XJR-9 at Amelia Island• RM Auctions secures Works Jaguar XJR-9 for its Amelia Island, Florida sale, March 14, 2015|
• The sole remaining original of only two purpose-built IMSA specification XJR-9s constructed, chassis 388 enjoyed huge record of success through 1988, 1989 and 1990
• 2015 marks 25th anniversary of this actual car's historic 1990 Daytona 24 hour victory in the hands of Jones/Lammers/Wallace
• XJR-9 leads a handpicked selection of 80 automobiles at RM's Amelia Island sale, the official auction of the ....
|PRIZED PAUL AND CHRIS ANDREWS COLLECTION SET FOR RM'S AUCTION PODIUM• RM Auctions presents the coveted Paul and Chris Andrews Collection, April 30 – May 2, 2015 in Fort Worth, Texas|
• Sale features an unprecedented selection of motor cars and memorabilia, meticulously assembled over many years by the respected father and son team
• Further information will be available at www.rmauctions.com in early 2015
BLENHEIM, Ontario (November 20, 2014) – Continuing its reputation as the industry leader for private collection sales, RM Auctions will lift the gav....
|TEXAS-SIZED SAM PACK FIVE STAR COLLECTION ACHIEVES IMPRESSIVE $11.5 MILLION AT AUCTION• RM Auctions and Auctions America's Sam Pack Five Star Collection event generates strong results with over $11.5 million in sales|
• Iconic 1967 Shelby 427 Cobra tops sales list at $1,292,500
• Numerous lots exceed expectations, including a 2006 Ford GT for $418,000, and a 1939 Lincoln-Zephyr Coupe Custom for $253,000
• Full proceeds from the collection's 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302, along with part proceeds from auction admission, benefit Holy Angels in Shreveport, Louisiana
• Event conclude....
|Trio of Iconic Supercars Lead Early Entries for RM's 2015 Arizona Sale• RM Auctions' annual Arizona Biltmore sale returns January 15 – 16|
• A staple on the global collector car calendar, 2015 auction to feature 120 blue-chip automobiles
• Early highlights are packed with high performance, led by an exciting trio of European supercars from Porsche, Ferrari and Bugatti
• Full event information and a frequently updated list of entries available online at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (November 5, 2014) – RM Auctions, the world's largest col....