|Concours d'Elegance Announces 2013 Car Classes|
| Concours Car Selection Chair, Brian Joseph has announced the 2013 featured classes:
• London to Brighton Pre-1905
• Auburn/Cord: The One Offs
• Detroit Iron: American Classic Open 1928-1934 Cadillac, Chrysler, Lincoln & Packard
• Indianapolis Iron: American Classic Open 1928-1934 Duesenberg, Marmon & Stutz
• Motorcycles: Bobbers
|1960 FERRARI 400 SUPERAMERICA SWB CABRIOLET HEADLINES STUNNING LIST OF EUROPEAN SPORTS-TOURING CARS AT RM'S AMELIA ISLAND SALE• RM Auctions announces additional highlights for its Amelia Island, Florida sale, March 14|
• Recent entries led by a 1960 Ferrari 400 Superamerica SWB Cabriolet, one of the most valuable automobiles ever offered during the Amelia Island weekend
• The official auction of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, single-day RM sale lifts gavel more than 90 automobiles
• Premier offerings showcased at http://m.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (January 27, 2015) – Fresh on the hee....
|GANASSI ‘STAR CAR' SHINES IN CLUTCH, WINS 53RD ROLEX 24 AT DAYTONA◾PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports Takes PC Victory In Closing Minutes|
◾Chip Ganassi Racing, CORE autosport Lead Patrón Endurance Cup
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Jan. 25, 2014) – Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates' 'Star Car' lived up to its billing in the 53rd Rolex 24 At Daytona. With a lineup of IndyCar's Scott Dixon and Tony Kanaan joined by NASCAR Sprint Cup Series regulars Jamie McMurray and Kyle Larson, the No. 02 Target Ford EcoBoost/Riley prevailed in a hard-fought battle with Action Ex....
|INGERSOLL RAND BECOMES ‘OFFICIAL POWER TOOLS OF IMSA'• Multi-Faceted Agreement Makes Company an Official Partner of IMSA|
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Jan. 23, 2015) – The International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) and Ingersoll Rand has announced a multi-year partnership designating the global brand as the 'Official Power Tools of IMSA.'
The multi-faceted agreement also designates Ingersoll Rand as the 'Official Power Tools of NASCAR' and as a contingency sponsor of the NASCAR® Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR Touring & Weekly Series. ....
|BILL WARNER IS RRDC'S 2014 BOB AKIN AWARD WINNERDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Jan. 22, 2015) - Bill Warner, best known as the force behind the hugely successful Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance since 1996, received the 2014 Bob Akin Award from the Road Racing Drivers Club at a dinner prior to the running of the Rolex 24 At Daytona, the season opener of the 2015 TUDOR SportsCar Championship.|
Each recipient of this honor, considered the top award in motorsports for amateur, vintage/historic or semi-professional drivers, is selected by Akin's ....
|VOLKSWAGEN, BMW AND CHARGEPOINT ANNOUNCE INITIATIVE TO CREATE ELECTRIC VEHICLE EXPRESS CHARGING CORRIDORS ON THE EAST AND WEST COASTS• A goal of nearly 100 DC fast chargers will be installed to support long distance and metropolitan electric vehicle travel with the BMW i3, Volkswagen e-Golf and other electric cars, along heavily trafficked corridors on both coasts, supported by Level 2 chargers.|
• These publicly available charging stations will be added to the existing ChargePoint network and can be easily accessed using a ChargePoint® or ChargeNow card.
Washington, D.C., January 22, 2015 – At the 2015 Washington A....
|RK Motors Charlotte Acquires Iconic '66 Le Mans-Winning P/1064 GT40Historic Racecar Undergoes 20-Month Restoration That Will Culminate With Appearance at 2016 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance |
CHARLOTTE (January 20, 2015) — RK Motors Charlotte today announced it has purchased one of motorsports history's most iconic racecars – the 1966 LeMans-winning #2, P/1064 GT40, the first American-built car to win endurance racing's most prestigious competition.
The company also revealed a comprehensive, 20-month restoration has begun, culminating with....
|BMW OF NORTH AMERICA CONGRATULATES THE BMW CCA FOUNDATION ON ITS SUCCESSFUL AUCTIONBMW of North America congratulates the BMW CCA Foundation on its successful auction and thanks Rick Hendrick, Craig Jackson, and Bobby Rahal for their generosity and support at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale AZ|
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – January 20, 2015… Anyone watching the Barrett-Jackson classic car auction from Scottsdale, Arizona this past weekend would have seen the charity auction of the BMW M5 30th Anniversary Special Edition that sold for $700,000 to support the Ti....
|Historic 1964 Ferrari 250 LM Races to an Impressive $9.6 Million as Records Tumble at RM's Arizona Sale• RM Auctions achieves its strongest performance to date in Arizona: $63.7 million in total sales with 90 percent of all lots sold|
• 1964 Ferrari 250 LM achieves $9.6 million to secure the title as the most valuable automobile sold in Arizona auction history
• 17 motor cars achieve million-dollar-plus results with numerous new auction records established
• RM's 2015 calendar continues in Paris, February 4, and Amelia Island, Florida, March 14
PHOENIX, Arizona (January 18, 2015) – RM....