Concours d'Elegance Announces 2013 Car Classes
2014 BMW i3
2014 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive
2014 Volkswagen Touareg
2014 Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid
2013 BMW i3 Concept Coupe
2013 Chevrolet Malibu
2013 Chevrolet Malibu ECO
2013 Citroen C4 Picasso
2013 Detroit Electric SP:01
2013 Dodge Viper GTS Launch Edition
| Concours Car Selection Chair, Brian Joseph has announced the 2013 featured classes:
• London to Brighton Pre-1905
• Auburn/Cord: The One Offs
• Detroit Iron: American Classic Open 1928-1934 Cadillac, Chrysler, Lincoln & Packard
• Indianapolis Iron: American Classic Open 1928-1934 Duesenberg, Marmon & Stutz
• Motorcycles: Bobbers
| BMW's 'BATMOBILES' SET FOR 19th ANNUAL AMELIA CONCOURSScheduled to appear in the 19th Annual Amelia Concours' BMW 3.0 CSL 'batmobile class' are not only the 1975 Sebring 12 Hour and '76 Daytona 24 winners, but Alexander Calder's 1975 Le Mans 3.0 CSL with his trademark signature on the left rear fender.|
BMW's 'Batmobile' racers were glorious mutants. They arrived from Europe wearing a frosting of giant wings, huge fender boxes and big spoilers, all powered by a 430 hp straight-six engine that made a glorious noise and propelled BMW's luxury cou....
| VIRGIN TO ENTER FIA FORMULA E CHAMPIONSHIPBritish-based team becomes ninth entry as 2014/2015 grid nears completion|
LONDON, UK (5 December, 2013) - Virgin, one of the world's most recognised and respected brands, have today announced it will be entering a team in the new fully-electric FIA Formula E Championship after signing an agreement with series promoters Formula E Holdings.
Based in the UK, the Virgin Racing Formula E Team will be headed by Team Principal Alex Tai and has the backing of Virgin founder Sir Richa....
| 400TH BUGATTI VEYRON SOLD – THE VEYRON BEGINS ITS FINAL LAPJust 50 models of the super sports car are still available|
• 400th Veyron is a Grand Sport Vitesse 'Jean-Pierre Wimille' of the six-part edition 'Les Légendes de Bugatti'
• Head of Bugatti Wolfgang Schreiber, 'A unique success story about the most exclusive and luxurious super sports car brand in the world'
Molsheim, 5 December 2013. Bugatti has sold its 400th Veyron. Since the production run of the Veyron and its variants is limited to just 450 models, thi....
| FIA FORMULA E CHAMPIONSHIP CONFIRMS 2014/2015 CALENDAR• Rio de Janeiro returns as one of 10 host cities for spectacular inaugural season|
PARIS, FRANCE (4 December 2013) – Formula E Holdings, promoters of the new FIA Formula E Championship, today confirmed its 2014/2015 calendar featuring 10 city-centre events spanning four continents.
The calendar was submitted to the FIA during its World Motor Sport Council in Paris, France, and will run from September 2014 to June 2015. Beijing will remain as the host venue for the world's fi....
|Avoiding accidents, optimum protection, summoning help quickly: The integral safety concept of the BMW i3. The BMW Group's first series production electric car earns top ratings for occupant protection and child protection in Euro NCAP crash testing.Munich. The BMW i3 achieved the highest rating of five stars in the Euro NCAP crash tests governing occupant protection and child protection that coincided with its market launch. As expected, the electric car matches the performance of the best conventionally powered vehicles in its segment in the area of passive safety. The Integral safety concept covers everything from collision avoidance to Intelligent Emergency Call and also meets requirements above and beyond Euro NCAP.|
| SMART ELECTRIC DRIVE ARRIVES ON THE STREETS OF CHINA• smart becomes the first European importer to bring an all-electric vehicle to the Chinese market |
• Following on from Europe, the USA, Canada and Japan, the electric smart reaches its 14th market with its launch in China
• With a market share of around 40 percent, the smart fortwo electric drive is the frontrunner in Germany
Stuttgart. The new smart fortwo electric drive is now available to buy from dealerships in China. The smart brand celebrated this market l....
| RM Auctions and Sotheby's Stun the Market with Incredible $63 Million 'Art of the Automobile' Sale in New York• RM Auctions and Sotheby's momentous Art of the Automobile auction generates $62,797,500 of sales in two hours of furious bidding|
• Records tumble with the historic 1964 Ferrari 250 LM by Carrozzeria Scaglietti achieving $14,300,000 while the stunning 1938 Talbot-Lago T150-C SS Teardrop Cabriolet by Figoni et Falaschi sells for $7,150,000
• 93 percent of all lots sold to an international audience of bidders representing 17 countries
• Full results are available online at www.rmauctions.c....
| Expert Symposium Delivered to Packed Room Ahead of 'Art of the Automobile' New York Sale• RM Auctions and Sotheby's deliver highly outstanding expert symposium to more than 700 people|
• Six hugely influential and respected specialists set the scene in advance of truly groundbreaking Art of The Automobile sale
• Anticipation building for what is being regarded as one of the finest and most innovative collector car auctions ever held
NEW YORK, New York (November 20, 2013) – The eyes of the collector car community are firmly fixed on New York, as RM Auctions and Sotheby's,....