|Bonhams Inaugural sale: Preserving The Automobile at the Simeone Foundation|
| New York, NY – On October 8th, 2012 Bonhams conducted Preserving the Automobile: An Auction at the Simeone Foundation, the first ever auction to promote the concept of preservation of collector cars. The sale, which took place on site and in collaboration with The Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum, a vintage car museum in Philadelphia, PA, was a resounding success, totaling just under $3.0 million.
Highlights of the sale included:
• The 26,500 mile, 1972 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Coupe, a totally original low mileage car, was the top lot of the sale selling for $357,000.
• Property from a Pennsylvania Collection including 26 Cars realized $700,000. The top lot of this group was the 1915 Packard Model 3-38 Gentleman's Roadster, which realized $219,500.
|1960 FERRARI 400 SUPERAMERICA SWB CABRIOLET HEADLINES STUNNING LIST OF EUROPEAN SPORTS-TOURING CARS AT RM'S AMELIA ISLAND SALE• RM Auctions announces additional highlights for its Amelia Island, Florida sale, March 14|
• Recent entries led by a 1960 Ferrari 400 Superamerica SWB Cabriolet, one of the most valuable automobiles ever offered during the Amelia Island weekend
• The official auction of the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, single-day RM sale lifts gavel more than 90 automobiles
• Premier offerings showcased at http://m.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (January 27, 2015) – Fresh on the hee....
|BILL WARNER IS RRDC'S 2014 BOB AKIN AWARD WINNERDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Jan. 22, 2015) - Bill Warner, best known as the force behind the hugely successful Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance since 1996, received the 2014 Bob Akin Award from the Road Racing Drivers Club at a dinner prior to the running of the Rolex 24 At Daytona, the season opener of the 2015 TUDOR SportsCar Championship.|
Each recipient of this honor, considered the top award in motorsports for amateur, vintage/historic or semi-professional drivers, is selected by Akin's ....
|RK Motors Charlotte Acquires Iconic '66 Le Mans-Winning P/1064 GT40Historic Racecar Undergoes 20-Month Restoration That Will Culminate With Appearance at 2016 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance |
CHARLOTTE (January 20, 2015) — RK Motors Charlotte today announced it has purchased one of motorsports history's most iconic racecars – the 1966 LeMans-winning #2, P/1064 GT40, the first American-built car to win endurance racing's most prestigious competition.
The company also revealed a comprehensive, 20-month restoration has begun, culminating with....
|BMW OF NORTH AMERICA CONGRATULATES THE BMW CCA FOUNDATION ON ITS SUCCESSFUL AUCTIONBMW of North America congratulates the BMW CCA Foundation on its successful auction and thanks Rick Hendrick, Craig Jackson, and Bobby Rahal for their generosity and support at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale AZ|
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – January 20, 2015… Anyone watching the Barrett-Jackson classic car auction from Scottsdale, Arizona this past weekend would have seen the charity auction of the BMW M5 30th Anniversary Special Edition that sold for $700,000 to support the Ti....
|Scottsdale Auction Makes $25-MillionThe stunningly beautiful and historic 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB Competizione, which won its class at Le Mans, Spa and Imola, raced to the forefront of the Scottsdale auction on 15 January. It sold for $9,405,000, setting a new world auction record for the model. The sale achieved a nearly 90% sell-through rate.|
Held at the picturesque Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, the fourth annual Bonhams event was at full capacity, with an audience of international bidders spilling outside the auction pavilion a....
|Historic 1964 Ferrari 250 LM Races to an Impressive $9.6 Million as Records Tumble at RM's Arizona Sale• RM Auctions achieves its strongest performance to date in Arizona: $63.7 million in total sales with 90 percent of all lots sold|
• 1964 Ferrari 250 LM achieves $9.6 million to secure the title as the most valuable automobile sold in Arizona auction history
• 17 motor cars achieve million-dollar-plus results with numerous new auction records established
• RM's 2015 calendar continues in Paris, February 4, and Amelia Island, Florida, March 14
PHOENIX, Arizona (January 18, 2015) – RM....
|BARRETT-JACKSON REACHES HISTORIC HIGHS FOR SALES, CROWDS AND CELEBRITY APPEARANCES IN SCOTTSDALE• Barrett-Jackson sold 1,611 vehicles, which went for more than $130 million (unaudited), smashing records in the company's 44-year history during the 10-day auction at WestWorld of Scottsdale|
• Automobilia sales nearly tripled world records, with 2,000 pieces selling for more than $6.55 million
• Celebrity attendance and crowds, along with ratings on Discovery and Velocity, spike
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Jan. 18, 2015 – Barrett-Jackson, The World's Greatest Collector Car AuctionsTM, reac....