Bonhams Inaugural sale: Preserving The Automobile at the Simeone Foundation
2013 Dodge Viper GTS Launch Edition
2013 Ford GTR1
2013 McLaren MP4-12C SPIDER
2012 Bentley Mulsanne Convertible Concept
1981 Rolls-Royce Corniche II
1977 BMW 633CSi
1973 ISO Fidia
1973 Porsche 911 RS Carrera
1972 BMW Turbo Concept
1972 McLaren M19C
| New York, NY – On October 8th, 2012 Bonhams conducted Preserving the Automobile: An Auction at the Simeone Foundation, the first ever auction to promote the concept of preservation of collector cars. The sale, which took place on site and in collaboration with The Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum, a vintage car museum in Philadelphia, PA, was a resounding success, totaling just under $3.0 million.
Highlights of the sale included:
• The 26,500 mile, 1972 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Coupe, a totally original low mileage car, was the top lot of the sale selling for $357,000.
• Property from a Pennsylvania Collection including 26 Cars realized $700,000. The top lot of this group was the 1915 Packard Model 3-38 Gentleman's Roadster, which realized $219,500.
|Tom Fritz Creates The 19Th Annual Amelia Island Concours D'elegance PosterThe posters for the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance have become collectible car art and the 2014 edition is no exception. Today the Concours revealed that the 19thannual event poster was created by famed hot rod artist Tom Fritz and honors Jochen Mass on the 25th anniversary of his victory in the 1989 24 Hours of Le Mans driving his Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9. The beautiful piece takes creative cues from the first Amelia poster in 1996, well-known for honoring the record-setting drive of Sir Stir....|
| 1958 FERRARI 250 GT LWB CALIFORNIA SPIDER STARS AT RM'S 15TH ANNUAL ARIZONA SALE• RM Auctions announces latest highlights for its two-day Arizona auction, January 16 – 17 in Phoenix, led by a highly prized 1958 Ferrari 250 GT LWB California Spider|
• Most recent blue-chip entries join a spectacular roster of more than 120 handpicked automobiles for the sale at the beautiful Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at www.rmauctions.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (December 10, 2013) – RM Auctions, the world's largest auctio....
| Maserati Celebrates 100th Anniversary as Featured Marque of the Rolex Monterey Motorsports ReunionAugust 14-17 at Mazda Raceway|
MONTEREY, Calif., December 10, 2013 — The Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion will celebrate the rich 100-year history of Maserati, one of Italy's iconic luxury sports car brands that throughout the century has been deeply rooted in racing. The celebration will be held August 14-17, 2014 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
The Monterey Classic Car Week and Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion is a haven for international classic car enthusiasts. Centered a....
|Car Expert Hans Wurl Joins Gooding & Company's Team of Classic Automobile SpecialistsSANTA MONICA, Calif. (December 9, 2013) – Gooding & Company, the official auction house of the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance®, is expanding its existing team with the addition of Hans Wurl, a well-known classic car specialist with a strong technical background. Wurl has served as advisor to noted collectors and participated in some of the best collector car events around the world. Based in Seattle, Wurl joins Gooding & Company's team of respected automotive specialists David Brynan,....|
| BMW's 'BATMOBILES' SET FOR 19th ANNUAL AMELIA CONCOURSScheduled to appear in the 19th Annual Amelia Concours' BMW 3.0 CSL 'batmobile class' are not only the 1975 Sebring 12 Hour and '76 Daytona 24 winners, but Alexander Calder's 1975 Le Mans 3.0 CSL with his trademark signature on the left rear fender.|
BMW's 'Batmobile' racers were glorious mutants. They arrived from Europe wearing a frosting of giant wings, huge fender boxes and big spoilers, all powered by a 430 hp straight-six engine that made a glorious noise and propelled BMW's luxury cou....
| 400TH BUGATTI VEYRON SOLD – THE VEYRON BEGINS ITS FINAL LAPJust 50 models of the super sports car are still available|
• 400th Veyron is a Grand Sport Vitesse 'Jean-Pierre Wimille' of the six-part edition 'Les Légendes de Bugatti'
• Head of Bugatti Wolfgang Schreiber, 'A unique success story about the most exclusive and luxurious super sports car brand in the world'
Molsheim, 5 December 2013. Bugatti has sold its 400th Veyron. Since the production run of the Veyron and its variants is limited to just 450 models, thi....
| ECURIE ECOSSE GLORIES AGAIN AS BONHAMS SELLS SCOTTISH TEAM COLLECTION FOR £8.8MAll eight cars in British connoisseur Dick Skipworth's collection from the legendary Scottish team that won two consecutive Le Mans 24-Hour races in 1956 and 1957, sold at Bonhams today (1 December) for record prices.|
Just as they did in the 1950s, four of the Ecurie Ecosse Jaguars raced ahead of their rivals.
The team's 1952 Jaguar C-Type sold for no less than £2,900,000, amid auction-room applause, while their 1956 Jaguar 'Shortnose' D-Type sold for £2,600,000. Both went to a buyer in th....
| RM Auctions and Sotheby's Stun the Market with Incredible $63 Million 'Art of the Automobile' Sale in New York• RM Auctions and Sotheby's momentous Art of the Automobile auction generates $62,797,500 of sales in two hours of furious bidding|
• Records tumble with the historic 1964 Ferrari 250 LM by Carrozzeria Scaglietti achieving $14,300,000 while the stunning 1938 Talbot-Lago T150-C SS Teardrop Cabriolet by Figoni et Falaschi sells for $7,150,000
• 93 percent of all lots sold to an international audience of bidders representing 17 countries
• Full results are available online at www.rmauctions.c....