|Bonhams Inaugural sale: Preserving The Automobile at the Simeone Foundation|
| New York, NY – On October 8th, 2012 Bonhams conducted Preserving the Automobile: An Auction at the Simeone Foundation, the first ever auction to promote the concept of preservation of collector cars. The sale, which took place on site and in collaboration with The Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum, a vintage car museum in Philadelphia, PA, was a resounding success, totaling just under $3.0 million.
Highlights of the sale included:
• The 26,500 mile, 1972 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Coupe, a totally original low mileage car, was the top lot of the sale selling for $357,000.
• Property from a Pennsylvania Collection including 26 Cars realized $700,000. The top lot of this group was the 1915 Packard Model 3-38 Gentleman's Roadster, which realized $219,500.
|RM Auctions to Sell Historic Daytona 24 Hour-Winning Jaguar XJR-9 at Amelia Island• RM Auctions secures Works Jaguar XJR-9 for its Amelia Island, Florida sale, March 14, 2015|
• The sole remaining original of only two purpose-built IMSA specification XJR-9s constructed, chassis 388 enjoyed huge record of success through 1988, 1989 and 1990
• 2015 marks 25th anniversary of this actual car's historic 1990 Daytona 24 hour victory in the hands of Jones/Lammers/Wallace
• XJR-9 leads a handpicked selection of 80 automobiles at RM's Amelia Island sale, the official auction of the ....
|Pinehurst Concours Announces Chief Judge for 2015VILLAGE OF PINEHURST, N.C. (Nov. 20, 2014) – Internationally-renowned concours judge Nigel Matthews has been named chief judge of the 2015 Pinehurst Concours d'Elegance, a vintage car showcase the first Saturday in May in the North Carolina Sandhills, event president Jay Howard announced Thursday.|
In addition to Matthews being named chief judge, the Pinehurst Concours has unveiled its 12 collector classes for the judged competition to be staged on the fairways of Pinehurst Resort on Ma....
|Gooding & Company Provides Sneak Peek into its Two-Day Scottsdale LineupSANTA MONICA, Calif. (November 18, 2014) – Gooding & Company, the auction house acclaimed for selling the world's most significant and valuable collector cars, is delighted to present an exceptional ensemble of motorcars at its annual two-day Scottsdale Auctions on January 16 and 17, 2015. Appearing in this impressive roster is a wonderfully original 1960 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Zagato, a rare-to-market Porsche 959 Sport with an exclusive factory power upgrade as well as a Formula 1 F....|
|ONE-OF-A-KIND FORD 'SHORTY' MUSTANG OFFERED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 47 YEARS AT AUCTIONS AMERICA'S FORT LAUDERDALE SALE• Auctions America kicks off its 2015 collector car calendar, March 27-29 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
• Regarded as South Florida's premier collector car auction, the multi-day sale is expected to feature nearly 500 cars spanning all segments of the collector car market
• Early entries led by a one-off 1964½ Ford Mustang III 'Shorty' Factory Prototype, one of few surviving 'Total Performance'-era Ford factory prototypes
• Frequently updated list of entries available online at auctionsamer....
|LAGONDA ACHIEVES WORLD AUCTION RECORD PRICE OF £1.6 MILLION AT BONHAMS GOODWOOD REVIVAL• Bonhams biggest ever Goodwood Revival Sale achieves £15.4 million|
• Lagonda 'EPE 97' sets a new world record, selling at £1,569,500
1930 OM Superba achieves £1,255,900 whilst a Lot 1957 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster sold above estimate at £651,100
A duo of historic Maseratis: the 4CM Single-Seat Vetturetta sold for £427,100; and 6CM Single-Seat Vetturetta sold for £606,300
With 106 motor cars and 172 lots of automobilia, Bonhams Goodwood Revival Sale was the most success....
|BONHAMS TO OFFER RARE FERRARI 275 GTB ALLOY BERLINETTA FOR BOND STREET SALEA 1965 Ferrari 275 GTB Alloy-bodied Berlinetta - once considered to be the finest production Ferrari ever built - is to star in Bonhams New Bond Street auction, carrying an estimate of £1,500,000-2,000,000.|
James Knight, Bonhams International Motoring Director, said: 'This is a wonderfully original, long-term preserved, Ferrari 275 'Longnose' Berlinetta offered from the Maranello Rosso Collection. It is one of the finest examples of its type that we at Bonhams have ever had the privilege to o....
|LE MANS WINNING SCUDERIA FILIPINETTI FERRARI 275 GTB COMPETIZIONE JOINS BONHAMS SCOTTSDALE AUCTIONThe Ferrari Classiche red book certified, three times Le Mans entrant, Spa-Francorchamps winner, Imola winner and concours award recipient joins impressive early consignments for January's sale|
Bonhams is delighted to announce the consignment of a very special and historic competition Ferrari to its auction in Scottsdale, Arizona next January.
From the most famous and respected name in sports and racing is the 1966 Ferrari 275 Gran Turismo Berlinetta Competizione Scaglietti – class winner ....