This car was manufactured by the Michigan Automobile Company LTD of Kalamazoo, Michigan. When the first 'horseless carriage' arrived in Kalamazoo in 1900, many considered it the 'new fangled contraption' to be a toy for the very rich. Within 3 years a group of businessmen, including the Fuller and Blood Brothers, along with Dr. W.E. Upjohn, had formed the Michigan Automobile Company, LTD. The Michigan was produced until 1906 when these businessmen went on to other endeavors.
The Fuller Brothers built transmissions and eventually became part of Eaton Corporation. The Blood Brothers built universal joints and later merged with Rockwell International. Dr. Upjohn, inventor of the friable (easily digested) pill, continued to develop Upjohn Pharmaceutical which today is part of Pfizer.
The engine is a DeDion, one-cylinder air-cooled with 29 cubic-inch, with a HP of 3.5. The wheelbase is 54 inches, tread is 36 inches. Total production was 100 plus units with the selling price of $450. This car is an unrestored car.Also photographed at :