The Ann Arbor was built by the Huron River Manufacturing Company of Ann Arbor, Michigan. The cost new was $975.00 plus $50.00 extra for the top, side curtains and transparent storm front. This body style is a convertible not that its top folds down in that in converts into a truck. The Ann Arbor is powered by a 4-cylinder Davis engine of 25 horsepower and produces a top speed of 27 miles per hour. It has double chain drive and the transmission is a Muncie Gear Works planetary #35 Jack Shaft, with three speeds, 2 forward and 1 reverse. It weight is 2,140 pounds. Tires are 34-inch x 4.5 inch.
The Ann Arbor 'Convertible Touring', produced by the Huron River Manufacturing Company from 1911-1912, was designed for the one-car farm family or the small merchant.
The two-cylinder car was built on a 100-inch chassis and featured a rear section that could be removed to install a delivery box or platform. The 25 horsepower gasoline engine was capable of 25 miles per hour.
In late 1912 the Star Motor Car Company moved into the Ann Arbor factory and announced it would build only commercial vehicles.
This Ann Arbor is believed 1 of 7 vehicles built between 1911 and 1912 and is the only known survivor. Restoration of this rare Ann Arbor, the only known survivor, took its owner six years.Also photographed at :