This car (chassis number WZB36) was displayed at the New York Auto Show in 1949. The Silver Wraith was the first postwar Rolls-Royce model, and it was made at the Crewe factory from 1946 to 1959. This was the last Rolls-Royce model to receive a wide variety of bespoke coachwork, designed and made by a rapidly declining number of specialist coachbuilders. One of only two Rolls-Royce Silver Wraiths built by J.S. Inskip, this car was delivered in January of 1951. Inskip was the New York distributor for Rolls-Royce. Most of the Rolls-Royces Inskip imported at that time had British or French coachwork, but Inskip did built a handful of Inskip-badged bodies on Phantom III and Silver Wraith chassis.