The Cadillac V-16 was Cadillac's top-of-the-line car from its January 1930 launch until production ceased in 1940 as the war in Europe hurt sales. All were finished to custom order, an the model was built in very small numbers; only 4,076 cars were constructed in the eleven years the model was offered. The majority of these were built in the single years of 1930, before the Great Depression really took hold. This was the first V-16 powered car to reach production status in the United States.
The 1934 catalog listed 52 Cadillac V16 body styles, yet only 56 were produced.
This one and only example of outstanding American coachwork by Fleetwood is the graceful 1934 Victoria Styled Convertible Coupe. Long, sleek and perfectly proportioned in every detail, these Cadillacs were the largest cars produced in the U.S. at that time. The 21-foot 6-inch vehicle rides on a 154 inch wheelbase, is powered by the V16 engine producing 185 horsepower, coupled to a three-speed synchromesh transmission and weighs 6,100 pounds. Other
This Cadillac features telescopic bumpers, bumper guards, wheel shields, Delco master radio and a V-16 185 horsepower engine with a 3-speed synchromesh transmission (a Cadillac invention in 1927).
The original owner shipped this Cadillac to Paris, France several times on extended trips. This car also holds the honor of being the centerfold of the GM book, 'The First 75 Years of Transportation Products.'Also photographed at :