LeBaron received its first major order from a United States manufacturer in 1924. That order was from Lincoln thus beginning a lifelong friendship between Edsel Ford and Ray Dietrich. Though Ford was able to persuade Dietrich to come to Detroit, Dietrich was unable to convince his partner, Ralph Roberts, on the idea of moving the firm to Michigan. Roberts was not interested, regardless of money, for fear of losing his company's identity. Reluctantly, in 1925, Dietrich sold his interest in LeBaron, moved to Detroit, and established Dietrich, Inc., where in no time Packard became his biggest customer. Half the stock in the new company was eventually sold to the Murray body Company. When Dietrich sold out to Murray at the end of 1930, the Dietrich name remained a subsidiary of the company; thus, many Packard bodies that had been designed by Deitrich, or bore traces of his influences, carry the Dietrich, Inc. body plate right up through 1937.
This Convertible Victoria was delivered new by Hitchcock Motor Company, Santa Barbara, California on August 3rd of 1934 to a gentleman who lived in nearby Tiburon. Prior to being purchased by its current owners, it was in the possession of noted Packard collector Tom Moretti, who personally restored the car during a period of three years to its factory-correct dark green color with subtle green Haartz top. This car is the first of the Eleventh Series Packard convertible victorias produced, and is powered by a 455 cubic-inch V-12 engine offering 160 horsepower. Cost when new was $6,080.