This LeBaron Phaeton reportedly belonged to Ralph Roberts, LeBaron's chief designer. In total, Chrysler ordered 50 Phaeton bodies from LeBaron in 1932. Fourteen were initially shipped, although a few are believed to have been returned to the factory for updating with 1933 sheet metal and trim. Other than these updates, 36 of the 50 cars were originally built as 1933 models, and today, it is estimated that just 17 remain, including a handful of restored examples.
The vehicle is equipped with a 384 cubic-inch straight-eight cylinder engine. It is a dual cowl phaeton with a 145-inch wheelbase. The Imperial front end included a V-shaped radiator grille and a slanted split-windshield. It has vertical louvers on the side of the hood which bore a winged cap and also had a gazelle mascot on the front. Other Imperial features were leather upholstery, 17-inch wire wheels, two-side-mounted spare tires, outside rear-view mirrors and a trunk. This vehicle was semi-customized by LeBaron.Also photographed at :