The Tenth Series of Packard's were introduced in January of 1933 and would remain in production for only eight months when they were discontinued to make way for the 1934 models. In total, only 788 examples of the 1004 were produced. All 1933 Eights featured a new 'X' frame member, three-position headlamps, wire wheels, and hinged, pivoting window panes that were one-year only features. Another Super Eight feature included a new single-plate clutch that provided luxuriously smooth shifting, as well as a dual-choke downdraft carburetor. The battery and toolboxes were relocated from the running boards and hidden from view.
This Coupe Roadster wears body style 659. The known history of this car begins in 1951 with Mr. Joe Kinsey receiving it as a graduation gift in Sunnyvale, California. Mr. Kinsey later moved to central Michigan where he continued to show his convertible coupe at local shows and club meets. The car was later sold to Mr. Frank Champagne of Saginaw, Michigan.
Mr. Champagne personally restored this car in his own garage. The car was restored to its original color scheme of Storm Cloud Gray with Seashell Gray trim, with a Carpathian Elm dash with American Elm trim.
The car earned 99 points at the CCCA Grand Classic in Dearborn, Michigan, and won Best of Show at the Midland, Michigan Automotive Hall of Fame Concours. The Packard International Motor Car Club ran a cover story that ran in their fall 1988 magazine issue, comprehensively outlining the details of the work.
Since that time, the car has changed ownership on two occasions and relocated to Southern California. The car has earned top honors at many shows, including a Packard International Motor Car Club's Circle of Champions in 2006, 2007 and 2009.
In 2010, this car was offered for sale at Gooding & Company's Scottsdale Auction in Arizona. It was estimated to sell for $175,000 - $225,000. The lot was sold for the sum of $192,500, inclusive of buyer's premium.