The Talbot-Lago T150C or Corse, the French word for racing, was designed as a race car in 1937. The Super Sports variant was designed with a shorter chassis for the road. The most famous of these T150s are the goutte d'eau or 'teardrop' cars designed by Giuseppe Figoni and built by Figoni et Falaschi. The design had no straight lines and was decorated with sensual curves advertising speed and grace even when the car was at rest. The first Teardrop was shown at the Paris Nice Criterium de Tourism in 1937. Featuring a 4-litre engine in a shortened version of the T150C competition chassis, the completed car was capable of over 100 mph. One T150C SS was driven by Luigi Chinetti at the 1938 Le Mans race.
Perfectly proportioned, the Teardrop Coupes were arguably the pinnacle of the French streamlined design movement. They matched exquisite coachwork with a powerful engine and capable chassis, and a sunroof (one of three) exclusively for the enjoyment of two people.
This car is unusual in that it has a continuous history from new, with no history of fire, accident or deterioration. The car was delivered new to M. Troussaint, Director of the Casino at Namur, Belgium. The car was shown in Concours competition then, much as it is today.
Likely as a result of World War II, the car disappeared from view, resurfacing in storage in the 1950s. It was complete and original when the current owners acquired the car in the early 2000s. The car proved to be remarkably complete. Most of the wooden framework was used after disassembly, cleaning and refastening. Sheet metal, upholstery and mechanical refurbishments were all handled with an eye towards perfection and a respect for the original intent and purpose of the car.Also photographed at :