In 1956 250 GT Tour de France s/n 0507GT was sold to Ottavio Randaccio of Milan, Italy. Randaccio, an Italian racer, campaigned #0507GT in Italy, competing in hill climbs and other races, such as the famous Mille Miglia.
It then resided in Switzerland for a number of years before it was acquired at the close of the 1960s by a Danish Collector. It resided in his private museum until 2000 when it was sold at the Brooks Monaco Auction.
David Carte was tasked with performing the restoration. It is shown here at the 2006 Cavallino Classic.
The Tour de France title was awarded to Ferrari for winning the famous French event. From 1956 through 1959, less than one-hundred 250 GT's would be given the prestigious title. Most of the interiors were handled by the famous Italian coachbuilder Scaglietti and a few by Zagato. Throughout its life span, the exterior was modified to include front wings, covered headlights, three vent side panels, single ventilation ducts, and various other enhancements. Under the hood, the horsepower ranged from 230 to 240. The engine was mostly fitted with three twin choke Weber 36 DCL downdraught carburetors. The engine was placed under the front bonnet and powered the rear transaxle. The Colombo 60-degree V-12 powerplant had a displacement of 2953 cc. The top speed, under the most modified circumstance, was around 145 mph with could go from zero to sixty in less than seven seconds. Ferrari used their all-synchromesh four-speed gearbox. Scaglietti was commissioned to build ten of the Tour de France's in 1956. Scaglietti fabricated alloy bodywork for eight that featured the familiar egg-crate grilles and rounded wings. The fashion was similar to PininFarina's 375 Mille Miglia and 250. Both sliding plastic and wind-up glass were used for the side windows. The rear window was a wraparound windscreen. The Milan coachbuilder Zagato outfitted two examples in 1956 mainly for competition purposes. The roof was their trademark double-bubble design. To reduce the overall weight, a lightweight alloy shell was outfitted on the exterior.
In 1957, 27 more vehicles were produced. Scaglietti modified the bodywork using front wings with a portion of the vehicles receiving covered headlights and three-vent sail-panels.
In 1958, 29 examples were produced. Single ventilation ducts replaced the sail panels. In 1959, 11 more examples were produced.
The interior was modest with only the essential amenities offered. Most of the bucket seats were leather, a few were vinyl.Also photographed at :