At the 1956 Geneva Auto Show, The 250 Ferrari GT Coupe with coachwork by Pinin Farina was presented to the public. Carrozzeria Boano built the bodies for Ferrari at their factory in Brescia. The new GT shared the same 2600mm wheelbase and aluminum alloy, Colombo-designed V12 as the 250 Europa GT, the model it replaced. Boano built 74 examples of the 250 GT on the long wheelbase chassis. All but one were coupes. The single convertible with chassis 0461GT was sold to New York collector, Bob Lee off the stand at the 1956 New York Auto Show on the instructions of Enzo Ferrari. Lee is still the owner of the car, making it one of the oldest Ferraris still in the hands of its original purchaser.
This car is chassis number 0549GT and was first sold to an Italian company in 1956 and came to the United States in 1972. It was given a restoration in 2005.Also photographed at :