In 1957 Ferrari produced its first real convertible model for the road, the 250 Granturismo Cabriolet, bodied by Pinin Farina. Only 40 of these first series soft top Ferraris were built before being replaced with the updated Series II in September of 1959. This car is one of only 202 second-series 250 GT Cabriolets built between 1959 and 1962. Also bodied by Pinin Farina, these cars were more comfortable and refined, as not to be confused with the competition-oriented 250 California Spyders of the same era.
This example is number 58, and came off the assembly line in December of 1960. Originally delivered to Ferrari of California, the car had four owners prior to the acquisition by the current owner. Initial restoration work was accomplished in Costa Rica, and the current owner completed the restoration in Pennsylvania. Everything, including the 'Grigio Fumo' paint, is as the car was originally built.Also photographed at :