The MG Car Company started building cars in the mid-1920s and the famous T-Series began in 1936 with the MG TA. The TB began production in May 1939, and a total of 30 Tickford Drophead Coupes were built before Hitler ended MG production later that year. Salmons and Sons of Newport Pagnell, a short distance from Abingdon-Upon-Thames, where the standard sports cars were built, built Tickford bodies. Price for the special Tickford bodied MGs were 275 GBPs compared to 222 GBPs for the standard sports 2-seater.
After the current owner purchased the car in 2010, a complete restoration followed and was completed in February of 2012. While it is not certain what the original color was, silver was found in many areas during the early stages of restoration - under many layers of paint. Silver was a standard MG color for the period.