The Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster has a tube frame, independent suspension and a 3-liter, direct fuel injected six-cylinder engine delivering 240 horsepower. In total, there were 1,858 roadsters produced from 1957 to 1964.
This example was originally owned by a Mercedes dealer in Bangor, Maine, who traveled to the Sindelfingen, Germany factory in the fall of 1957 to pick up the new car and tour Germany and France. When the trip was completed, the car was sent back to the United States. The current owner has owned the car since 1990. It has never been titled to a retail customer and remains on its original M.S.O.