GT40 P/1083 was the last original GT-40 to be constructed and sold as a completed race car, with specs identical to the 1968 and 1969 LeMans-winning car. Sold to 'Team Colegio Arte e Instrucao' in Rio de Janeiro, owned by Sideny Cardoso, in 1969. Raced by Team CAI in 1969-1971. Sold to Fittipaldi Racing in 1971, and raced several times under Bardahl sponsorship. Achieved podium finished in all races entered, usually driven by Wilson Fittipaldi, and occasionally used by Fittipaldi as a road car. This car was purchased by its current owner in 2002, and restored to its original 1969 configuration. It has been raced since at various historic venues, including LeMans Classic, Lime Rock Vintage Festival, Monterey Historics, Mont Tremblant and Watkins Glen.
The car is painted Carnival Red and came with a lightweight roof, 302 V8 with Gurney heads and Weber carburetors and 5-speed ZF transaxle. It was first driven by David Hobbs at Thruxton. Carlos Pace and Wilson Fittipaldi drove the car to many podiums. George Stauffer purchased it in 1982 and raced it, selling it in 1992 to Jim George. After tub restoration by FAV Company it was sold to Archie Urciuoli who raced it some more.Also photographed at :