The Tucker was powered by a rear-mounted helicopter engine and boasted many innovative safety features including the first pop-out safety windshield, first padded dash, and a center headlight that turned to light around corners.
This was one of the last Tuckers built - number 47 (chassis number 1047).
What makes it truly impressive, however, is its originality. When the Gilmore Museum acquired this Tucker in 1983 it showed only 12 miles on the odometer. Today, it shows only 52 miles and remains exactly as it left the Tucker factory - except for the patina of 64 years. In fact, it is riding on three of its original tires.
Interestingly, the car's color was inspired by a favorite dress owned by Ms. Preston Tucker.
The Tucker was easily distinguishable from any angle - unlike anything else in the marketplace. It was designed by Alex Tremulis and contained trademark features such as a padded dash and center headlamp that turns with the steering wheel, an electric-shift transmission, rear-mounted opposed six-cylinder engine and a rubber vulcanized 'Torsilatic' suspension.Also photographed at :