This 2/4-Passenger Coupe Roadster is the 32nd example of just 682 Fourteenth Series Twelves built by Packard for the 1936 model year. It was originally owned by Harry Reisberg of Marriottsville, Maryland, who traded the car in 1954 to Bob Fleigh Incorporated, a Baltimore-based Studebaker dealer. George F. Towner, a Defense Projects Engineering manager at Westinghouse, purchased the car on September 28th of 1954. A short time later, Towner began a restoration effort aimed at bringing it back to its original condition. Upon completion, the car earned a First Prize Awards from the CCCA, and was given badge number 53 as confirmation.
Much of its history during the 1960s and 1970s is not known, though it did receive a high-point, nut-and-bolt restoration in New Jersey during the 1980s. It was presented with an AACA Senior National First Prize in 1986, and had the badge affixed to the front bumper, where it remains in modern time.
The current owner purchased the car in the 1980s and has carefully maintained it in a large private collection on the East Coast. It currently has just 12,725 miles and remains in excellent condition. It has a deep black finish with good brightwork, a tan canvas top and a tan leather interior. There are a number of period accessories, including a Cormorant mascot, a pair of Trippe lights, dual side mounted spare tires with metal covers and rearview mirrors, a complete set of chrome wire wheels and a rear trunk rack.
In 2009, this Ford Deluxe Station Wagon was offered for sale at the Sports & Classics of Monterey auction in Monterey, California presented by RM Auctions. The car was estimated to sell for $275,000-$375,000. The lot was sold for the sum of $264,000 including buyer's premium.