The Lincoln Model KB was built on a 145-inch wheelbase and received coachwork from such legendary names as Dietrich, Judkins, Brunn, Murphy, Lebaron, Willoughby, and Waterhouse. The fork-and-blade connecting rod arrangement which had been in use since the first Leland Lincoln V-8s of 1920 was used in the marque's first V-12, introduced in 1932.
Chassis number KB47 is a Convertible Roadster with coachwork by LeBaron. It was the first KB convertible roadster produced by LeBaron on the KB. It received a restoration that was completed in the mid-1980s and it has aged marvelously. It was once part of the Matt & Barbara Browning collection and has been in the current owner's possession since 2000. Since then, it has been given a new blue fabric top which compliments its deep-blue finish and red upholstery. The top folds below the beltline and there is a golf-bag door on the right side.
This car was shipped to Chicago on December 9th of 1931 and became Lincoln's Chicago Auto Show KB exhibit. It wears body number 460 and is powered by the 115th KB engine produced.
In 2009, this LeBaron bodied Convertible Roadster was offered for sale at the Gooding & Company auction held in Scottsdale, Arizona where it was estimated to sell for $275,000 - $375,000. Bidding failed to reach the vehicles reserve and the lot was left unsold.