Henry Leland founded the Cadillac Motor Car Company in 1903 from the remains of Henry Ford's second failed attempt to start an auto company. In 1917, Leland found the Lincoln Motor Company and built a high caliber automobile that was very well-built, but rather lack-luster in its design. When the Ford Motor Company acquired the company in 1922, Edsel Ford (Henry's Son) used his talents to transform the design into beautiful, luxurious cars.
This 1932 Lincoln KB Coupe wears a custom coachwork body by Raymond Dietrich of Detroit. It is a rare automobile and one of just 17 examples produced at a factory price of $5,150. The current owner's grandfather, a Lincoln dealer in Kalamazoo, Michigan, ordered the car new in the 1930s. It was rescued from a junkyard in 1951 and treated to a restoration by the current owner in 2001.
For 1932, Lincoln offered two distinct automobiles. The KA was powered by the venerable Lincoln V-8 on a 136-inch wheelbase chassis and the KB was powered by the new Lincoln V-12 on the 145-inch wheelbase chassis. The new 447 cubic inch V-12 produced 150 horsepower.
Custom coachwork was available on the KB chassis only and one of the most beautiful bodies designed for that chassis in 1932 was the coupe by Dietrich & Company of Detroit.
This Lincoln was rescued from a Michigan junkyard in 1951 and received a complete restoration between 1999 and 2001.Also photographed at :