The early Stutz cars were powered by Wisconsin engines. By 1917, Stutz had decided to build their own. Their engine was slightly smaller at 360.8 cubic-inch engines, yet the four-cylinder unit utilized the same T-head design and with four valves per cylinder and twin ignition. There were several differences between the engines, such as the Stutz unit being cast en bloc, rather than in pairs.
The current owner of this car acquired it in the mid-2000s after it had just completed a restoration. It is painted in red and has brown vinyl upholstery with a black canvas top. It features electric starting and Stutz's characteristic right-hand steering. It was 1922 before left-hand drive was adopted by Stutz.
The car has dual sidemount spares and a rear-mounted tailored locking trunk. There are two fitted suitcases making this an ideal touring car.
In 2009, it was offered for sale at the Vintage Motor Cars of Hershey sale presented by RM Auctions where it was estimated to sell for $70,000 - $80,000 and offered without reserve. As bidding came to a close, the lot had been sold for the sum of $49,500, including buyer's premium.Also photographed at :