There are nine examples of the Bandini Sport Internationals remaining in the world.
Born in 1911, Ilario Bandini trained as a mechanic and set-up his own workshop in 1938 at Forli, Italy. The Maserati Brothers (which formed the OSCA car company), impressed by the lightweight chassis design and the winning record of Bandini cars, sent an engine to Ilario and asked him to adapt his tubular frame to fit it. From this collaboration, the Bandini Sport International was born.
With further streamlining to the body, the shape became as you see it in this car. The engine consists of a heavily modified Crosley block with an aluminum twin-cam cylinder head designed by Ilario Bandini. By using twin Weber 32DCOA3 carburetors, the engine can achieve 61 horsepower with a maximum RPM of 8500. According to the new book entitle Bandini, this particular car was raced in Italy by Ilario Bandini before being imported into the US in 1959. It was then raced extensively at locations such as Watkins Glen during the 1960s.Also photographed at :