This 1932 Rolls-Royce 282 AJS was delivered 12/31/32 to Mrs. W.H. Luden of the Luden Cough Drop Company.
Rolls-Royce of America was commissioned by Mrs. Luden to build a Phantom II left-hand drive chassis in England and ship it to the USA in 1932. Upon its arrival in the U.S., Mrs. Luden commissioned Brewster Body Company to meld her Castagna Sedan Laudaulet body on this chassis. Hence, the Brewster style running boards and etc.
The rear interior of the car is extremely elegant with hand carved polished woodwork. There is a chauffer notification system that has buttons in the rear and a lighted wheel in the chauffer compartment that states; turn left, turn right, speed up, slow down, turn around and go home. This system was used primarily in Europe where Americans could have English on the rear buttons and the lighted signage on the dash would be in French, German or Italian.
When purchased by R. L. Atwell, this automobile was in thousands of pieces and after five years of total restoration, it was as you see it. A full set of Stephen Grebel lights compliment the restoration.