On June 7th of 1948, the Delahaye factory delivered chassis 800998 to Figoni et Falaschi coachbuilders. There it was adorned with body number 1035, a four-place cabriolet in the El Glaoui style. El Glaoui was the Pasha of Marrakech and the owner of the first car in this series. Only nine examples of this styling exist today. All the cars in this series had a similar unifying design, but each had certain characteristics which separated them from each other. Body 1035 is the only car to feature chromed bucket headlamps. It also features Lucite steering wheel and dash knobs, along with higher-profile rear fenders and chrome boomerang-like trim along the rear fenders. Une automobile tres Francaise!
This post-war Delahaye 135 Cabriolet continued the esthetic standard set in the 1930's by Figoni & Falaschi. Sweeping fenders and curved shapes abound, with wonderful interior woods and fabrics to compliment its 'French Vanilla' exterior. It has recently completed its restoration and was shown at the 2006 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.Also photographed at :