1950 was a milestone year for Studebaker - it was the first year for the legendary 'bullet nose' front end that remained in production through 1952. The Commander Series was powered by a Studebaker-built L-head six that produced 102 horsepower from 245.6 cubic-inches. A long list of options were available, including Studebaker's 'Automatic Drive' (automatic transmission) which was included on this car.
Interestingly, this car was built at Studebaker's Los Angeles production facility, not South Bend.
This Studebaker Commander, which represented the top-of-the-line model for 1950, was donated to the Studebaker Museum by the estate of Milton Kroah.