This car left the London docks on March 2, 1950, bound for the Bell Auto Parts speed shop in Bell, California. the car was imported and owned by Mr. Roy Richter, who owned the Bell Auto Parts Company. It came with a Ford Mercury Flathead engine in it, which was soon replaced with a Cadillac OHV 331 cubic inches. The car was painted silver with red leather upholstery, as you see it now.
This car was extensively raced in Southern California by Roy, most notably at Torrey Pines, Palm Springs, Santa Barbara, Willow Springs and Santa Ana. Its most significant race was at Tustin, California where it won the first Santa Ana Road Race, just beating out the future World Champion, Phil Hill, in a Jaguar XK 120 Lightweight.
Upon Roy's death, Mrs. Richter sold the J2 to Kenny McLaughlin, who stored the car for ten years. The car was then sold to Duncan Emmons, who restored it.
The car is currently owned and raced by Bernard Dervieux of Palm Desert, California.Also photographed at :