Charles Nash resigned as President of General Motors and he along with David Buick started building automobiles in 1903. By 1928 Nash Motors production exceeded 138,000 cars. Nash offered its 'sealed-in' engine in 1935, an arrangement that had the intake manifold case in the blocks.
In the mid-1930s Nashes were characterized by fast back designs and rear wheels with skirts. The 1935 Nash product line debuted on Christmas 1934 and again in 1935 via a three-hour radio broadcast over the WABC Columbia network. The cars were referenced throughout the program and for good reason - the 1935 Nash scored some significant firsts. There were the all new 'Aeroform' design bodies featuring oil-steel construction; the new name 'Flying Power' for the twin ignition system and lightweight engine parts derived from airplane manufacturing; 'Feather Touch Steering' utilizing ball bearings; and 'Automatic Cruizing gear' known as overdrive. Nash's were also known for being value engineered and 1935 was no different. The Ambassador 8 Sedan was the highest priced car in the Nash line selling new for $1,290.
This beautiful example has just completed its restoration which show-cases its advanced design, quality materials and stylish character.Also photographed at :